Sofuto Dorinku by mayu28
Summary: Inuyasha has his first encounter with soda.
Categories: Humor, Crossover > One-Shots Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 428 Read: 2290 Published: 29 Mar 2009 Updated: 29 Mar 2009
Story Notes:
I do not own Inuyasha or anything else created by the great Rumiko Takahashi

1. Sofuto Dorinku by mayu28

Sofuto Dorinku by mayu28
sofuto dorinku- soft drink
Gure-pu- grape


“Kagome, what the hell is this?” Inuyasha questioned as he examined the cool can. He sniffed it and felt the cool aluminum on his hands. It was a dark purple and on its side it read “sofuto doriku” and “gure-pu” under that and some other strange words.
“It’s grape soda, Inuyasha. It’s something you’re supposed to drink.” She explained as she continued to pack her pack for their next journey.

“Grape soda… Can I try it?” He asked, holding out for her to open. She took it from him and placed her nail under the seal. Inuyasha jumped when he heard it hiss when she opened it. She handed back to him and he sniffed the opening. It smelt strange to him; like nothing he had ever smelt before. He looked inside the hole and saw it bubbling, yet it was no boiling. It was cold, not hot.

“You going to drink it, or figure out what it’s made out of?” Kagome asked him with a laugh.

Bringing it to his lips, he tipped back his head and let the liquid enter his mouth. He almost yelped in shock from the burning yet sweet sensation that was in his mouth. His eyes were wide as he sloshed it around in his mouth and felt the bubbles become stronger. He swallowed and let out an exasperated breath.

Kagome was hugging her stomach as she laugh hysterically at his antics. She had never seen anyone looked so scared when they drake soda. He shot her a glare.

Suddenly, without warning, a large and bellowing burp escaped Inuyasha’s mouth. It seemed to echo in the kitchen. “That’s disgusting, Inuyasha!”
Inuyasha looked at the can with awe. He had never generated a burp that large in his life. Was this drink magic?!

“Inuyasha, geez! You could have covered your mouth. Eww! I can smell it! Go brush your teeth or something!” Kagome screamed while waving her hand it front of her nose. He ignored her. She sighed and continued packing and Inuyasha greedily drank the rest of the drink until it was gone, but this time careful of controlling the gas.

Besides this being the first time Inuyasha ever had carbonated drinks, it was the first time he ever had caffeine. Caffeine and hanyou don’t mix well. He didn’t stop bouncing of the walls till late in the evening the next day. The gang was relived. For they had not gotten an ounce of sleep the whole time.
End Notes:
RATE AND REVIEW!!!
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1164