Natural Brunette? by Taiyoukai_Nile
Summary: Written for LJ community iy_fanfiction. Someone's secret gets blabbed.
Categories: Drabbles Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 350 Read: 1976 Published: 21 Apr 2009 Updated: 21 Apr 2009

1. Natural Brunette? by Taiyoukai_Nile

Natural Brunette? by Taiyoukai_Nile
Kagome sighed for the umpteenth time. Kouga had happened upon their group again and tried to claim her as his woman. Again, InuYasha stepped forth and started brandishing Tetsusaiga on the wolf demon. She really hated it. Both Kouga and InuYasha treated her like she was some piece of meat. She sat down under a nearby tree as they shouted insults back and forth, losing herself into her thoughts.

“InuYasha, you always say that Kouga smells, and he says the same to you. Why is that?” Kagome wondered out loud.

“Ya wanna know, Kagome? Ya really wanna know why the mangy wolf stinks?” InuYasha practically cackled, creeping Kagome out a bit.

She had not intended to voie her question out loud.

“Don’t you tell her, InuTrasha!” Kouga warned. “I’ll kick your ass!”

“Feh, as if you could,” InuYasha retorted and deflected one of the ookami’s kicks.

“Lover boy here stinks because he dyes his hair with squid ink. Damn stuff is hella- nasty!” InuYasha revealed. “His real hair color is the same color as that tail of his.”

Kagome’s eyes widened at the revelation. She thought the thing around his waist was fake, but then remembered that he had moved it in the past right in front of her. She also remembered that InuYasha explained that youkai like Kouga and Sesshoumaru often bore outside testiment to their heritage, like the fur-like boa around Sesshoumaru’s shoulder.

She did notice that Kouga did smell a bit strange at times when he would whisk her off her feet, but took it to be a natural thing as it was the feudal era and deodorant did not exist.

“I can explain Kagome!” Kouga exclaimed, watching Kagome’s shocked reaction.

The more Kagome thought about it, the funnier it seemed. Within moments she was laughing, “Well, can’t blame you Kouga. Feria isn’t around to help you with your vanity.”

Kouga did not know what ‘Feria’ was, but he knew Kagome was laughing at him and frowned.

“Dammit!” he yelled, and then left as fast as he had arrived.
End Notes:
I do not own InuYasha. Copyright goes to Takahashi Rumiko.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1197