Shippou Strikes Back by Raven_Clover
Summary: Someone strikes back. For LJ comm, iy_fanfiction
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Shippo
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 401 Read: 1852 Published: 10 May 2009 Updated: 10 May 2009

1. Shippou Strikes Back by Raven_Clover

Shippou Strikes Back by Raven_Clover
Author's Notes:
Just a fan. I don't make money from this stuff.
Kagome was pissed off. Not just ‘InuYasha, you’re such a jerk’, or ‘I’m going home’, but ‘I want to scream in your ear or choke you’ kind of pissed off. She asked InuYasha if they could stop. The sky was enough to tell her that it was time to stop and set up camp. They hadn’t even stopped for lunch and InuYasha was very anal, especially if he thought anyone took a leak too far too long.

She had already gone through so many scenarios on how to persuade him, but InuYasha had already refused her normal explanations. Earlier when she stumbled, InuYasha just swooped her up into his arms and complained on how clutzy she was and started going off on how useless she could be.

‘It’s not the New Moon. Kikyo is dead again, and hopefully for good. Sesshoumaru doesn’t bother with us anymore. What is it?’ she wondered.

“InuYasha, it’s almost dark. We should stop to make camp for the night,” Kagome said, just loud enough for her companions to hear.

She heard InuYasha grumble.

“I don’t want to hear you say we can’t break for camp,” she added.

“You complain all fucking day, wench. I’m the alpha. You’re lucky I’m not some low class oni that would hit you for being so mouthy,” InuYasha replied, his voice full of venom.

“You wouldn’t harm me. You promised to protect me. Why are you so difficult today?” she asked.

“No reason. I just want to find those shards,” he replied, but she could feel how uncomfortable he was in his voice.

“He’s just grouchy ‘cause you’re in heat, Kagome,” Shippou replied.

InuYasha growled and pounced at Shippou, throwing Kagome down on the ground. Kagome yelped when she hit the ground.

“Why I outta! Shippou, you fucking runt!” InuYasha yelled, chasing the kitsune.

“Not afraid of you!” Shippou said, and pounced on InuYasha’s leg. “Heart Scar!”

What the hell!” InuYasha screamed, as Shippou’s teeth sunk into his leg.

Kagome was shocked at first, and then regained her composure as she rose from the ground. She dusted off her skirt and said, “Well, I think that means we’ll be camping here for tonight.”

As they set camp, InuYasha was still frantically trying to get Shippou to release his hold on his leg.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1236