Itchy Rin by Taiyoukai_Nile
Summary: Written for LJ Community - iy_fanfiction. Prompt - Ume: Rin is allergic to something Jaken regularly eats
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Rin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 296 Read: 1724 Published: 03 Jun 2009 Updated: 03 Jun 2009

1. Itchy Rin by Taiyoukai_Nile

Itchy Rin by Taiyoukai_Nile
Author's Notes:
I do not own InuYasha. Copyright goes to Takahashi Rumiko. I do not make money from this.


-----------------
“Rin does not feel good, Lord Sesshoumaru,” the young girl said, doubling over.

The stoic demon lord stopped and turned to look at his human ward. She had never been ill, so it was a bit confusing to the demon.

“We do not have time to dawdle, Rin!” Jaken screeched, waving his staff.

“Jaken,” Sesshoumaru said coldly.

“Yes, my lord?” Jaken replied, cowering.

Sesshoumaru approache Rin, and kneeled so that he was eye level to Rin and calmly asked, “Can you explain what ails you?”

Rin fidgeted a bit. She was afraid she had disappointed her lord. She itched her arm, but cried out, feeling that she had itched herself raw. Sesshoumaru grabbed her arm and held it out to inspect.

“You have broken out in hives,” he said, noting how angry the skin looked after Rin having itched her skin so raw.

“Rin was okay before breaking her fast,” she meekly replied.

Sesshoumaru moved his eyes to Jaken and asked, “What have you fed Rin?”

Jaken trembled, “I gave her some leftover umeboshi of mine. She wanted to know why I ate them. I told her and now she wanted to eat them too.”

“Pray tell this Sesshoumaru the reason you eat that pickled apricot,” the demon lord commanded.

“I said if anyone ate of it, then it would ward off evil,” Jaken replied, his voice shaky and his bulbous eyes teary.

“Were you aware that Rin is allergic to it?” Sesshoumaru asked.

“No, my lord,” the imp said.

“Now you do. Take care of Rin,” the demon lord said, and then patted Rin on the head.

As the demon lord walked away, Jaken fainted.

“Come on, Master Jaken. You have to take care of Rin,” Rin said, while poking him with his own staff.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1283