Mr. Perfect Countenance by Taiyoukai_Nile
Summary: Written for LJ community- ebony_silks. Sess/Kag. Kagome wonders how Sesshoumaru stays clean in the rain.
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Kagome Higurashi, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 472 Read: 1834 Published: 03 Jun 2009 Updated: 03 Jun 2009

1. Mr. Perfect Countenance by Taiyoukai_Nile

Mr. Perfect Countenance by Taiyoukai_Nile
Author's Notes:
I do not own InuYasha. Copyright goes to Takahashi Rumiko. I do not make money from this.
Kagome was miserable. Her shoes were soggy, her hair and clothes were wet and clinging to her. InuYasha would not stop the group and she was just about to break her silent vow to not sit him for a week.

On top of that, Sesshoumaru had happened upon the rag-tag bunch and he seemed untouched by the elements. He decided to join his own group with their own for a time. Kagome wondered if he had been bored and wanted to join because he thought it fun to pick on her and Inu Yasha.

‘In fact, it looks like he has his youki keep the rain off of him,’ she growled to herself.

“God damn Mr. Perfect and his pristine white clothes,” she grumbled to herself.

“What is that, miko?” she heard Sesshoumaru inquire.

“How to you keep so clean? Don’t you ever get muddy?” she asked, very perturbed.

“It is unbecoming of a demon lord such as this Sesshoumaru to exude a filthy countenance,” he replied.

Kagome scowled, ‘Of course he would answer it so properly.’

She almost wanted to mimick him, but kept in check as much as her volatile temper would allow her.

“How do you do it?” she inquired further.

“This Sesshoumaru manipulates youki to form a barrier to ward against anything I wish,” he answered as they walked.

“So, can someone like myself learn how to do the same?” she wondered, a bit hopeful.

“Perhaps, but you are too impatient, and emotional, miko. This Sesshoumaru would refuse to teach such a thing to you,” he informed, and then walked ahead of her in long strides.

Kagome saw red in an instant and without thinking; she bent down, grabbed mud from a puddle and slopped it upon the taiyoukai. As the mud left her hand, she remembered the barrier that he had talked about and frowned because she would not get to exact her revenge upon him.

However, to her luck, the mud splattered over his hair and back of his armor. Kagome stood stock still with a triumphant shock, and watched as Sesshoumaru came to a stop.

“What have you thrown on this Sesshoumaru?” the demon lord inquired, his back facing her.

By this time, InuYasha had pulled back and was laughing.

“Damn prissy ass’s got mud all over his back! Good one, wench!” InuYasha guffawed.

“Serves you right, Mr. Perfect Countenance,” Kagome huffed, stuck her nose in the air, and then marched right ahead, proud of herself for sullying Sesshoumaru’s “countenance.”

“Hn,” Sesshoumaru replied, and then glared at the hanyou rolling on the wet ground laughing.

He then turned to watch the priestess march ahead of the group. His respect for her raised another notch. He had not expected her to retaliate. He smirked to himself, ‘It is fun baiting the little miko.’
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1287