Tequila Sunrise by Taiyoukai_Nile
Summary: Written for LJ Community - ebony_silks. Sess/Kag. Post Naraku.
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Kagome Higurashi, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 539 Read: 1969 Published: 03 Jun 2009 Updated: 03 Jun 2009

1. Tequila Sunrise by Taiyoukai_Nile

Tequila Sunrise by Taiyoukai_Nile
Author's Notes:
I do not own InuYasha. Copyright goes to Takahashi Rumiko. I do not make money from this.
Kagome sighed contentedly at the view all around her. She was sitting on a hill overlooking the valley. It was the same valley that InuYasha had once unleashed the Dragon Twister from the sword So’ ounga. Only ten years later and the valley was slowly becoming green once more.

Above her was a sakura tree. The blossoms were in full bloom and she relished the fragrance emanating from the flowers. Occasionally a petal from one unfortunate flower would drift across her vision.

In her lap, Sesshoumaru was snoozing. She twirled one end of his soft, yet long silver locks in one hand. He had been busy trying to deal with his lands. He had been traveling for a couple of centuries since his father’s death, only to battle anything that tried to challenge him for the Western Domain. Right now he was trying to secure a home. Of course he had the money to do it, as his subjects had been loyal in paying their tithes. However, since he had lost everything long ago when Inu-no-Taisho had perished, he had to start from scratch.

Kagome remembered when he had come to Edo in order to take her for the day. Although he looked pristine with his cold countenance and his clothes in place, she noticed that his eyes seemed extremely exhausted. She insisted on having a day just lazying about. Of course, he had protested, but she said that she would look over him while he rested.

Years ago, the group had vanquished Naraku, and the jewel melded back with her once more. Unfortunately, the well had closed and Kagome had to assimilate to the times. It took a few years for her to get use to it. The Shikon no Tama had made her become much stronger, and after some time, she had caught the eye of the Aristocratic Assassin.

After a lengthy courtship, he had proposed to her, but insisted that they could not be mated until he had secured suitable shelter in his lands. She understood, and simply cherished all of their moments together.

‘Just like this one,’ she said to herself.

Despite all the beautiful surroundings, it was the one ahead of her that caught her attention the most. It was the sun setting. She remembered a drink back in her time that was popular in the clubs and compared the colors of the sky to it.

‘Yellow, then a firey orange, and then a deep red. It is just before the sky starts changing into the dark blues for night,’ she mused to herself and then mentioned to mumble out loud, “Just like a tequila sunrise.”

“What is that, beloved?” Sesshoumaru asked, his head quite comfortable in her lap.

“Nothing, just rest, my love,” she replied, and then bent down, and pressed her soft lips to his.

She let his scent filter into her nose and finally withdrew.

“Delicious,” she whispered.

Sesshoumaru’s eyes had remained closed the entire time, but once she had whispered that one word, he smirked thinking it was him that she was talking about.

‘I have never had that beverage, but this is as close as it will get for me,’ she sighed, enjoying the sunset once more.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1288