Perfect Anniversary by MomoDesu
Summary: Kagome was sure that their fifth wedding anniversary was going to be their best anniversary yet.
Categories: Romance > Sesshoumaru/ Kagome, Drabbles Characters: Kagome Higurashi, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 746 Read: 2609 Published: 12 Jun 2009 Updated: 12 Jun 2009
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all related characters are property of Rumiko Takahashi.

Written for Priestess Skye's Weekly Challenge at Dokuga, theme Fortune.

1. Perfect Anniversary by MomoDesu

Perfect Anniversary by MomoDesu
Kagome glanced over the table. Her perfect anniversary dinner went off without a hitch, and she couldn't be happier. Sesshoumaru, her husband of five wonderful years, was on his way home from work. Instead of going out for their anniversary, they had planned to stay in. She had been in the kitchen for the better part of the day, preparing a meal of their favorite foods. After dinner they would snuggle in the living room and watch The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman, the movie they saw on their first date. After that she would lead him to the bedroom so they could relive their honeymoon. If all things went right, this anniversary would be the happiest anniversary they had spent together yet.

They met during their last year of college. Kagome's mother had invited Sesshoumaru and his father for dinner after the two had generously donated money to the shrine after it had fallen into hard times. The moment Kagome set eyes on Sesshoumaru she knew he was special. A week later he had called on her again. After that, the two had been practically inseparable. Three years of dating and five years of marriage and Kagome still couldn't get enough of the man. She hoped that she would feel that way on their fiftieth anniversary!

Once she was sure the table setting was perfect, she dashed off to the bedroom to put on the dress she had gotten just for the occasion. It was a black racy number, something that showed off the legs she had worked so hard for and displayed a good amount of cleavage. Paired with sky high stilettos and the diamond earrings Sesshoumaru had given her on their third anniversary, she felt and looked amazing. The stage was set; the only thing missing was the show's male lead.

Just like every day for the past five years, Sesshoumaru arrived home at six on the dot. Kagome was waiting at the door for him, taking his briefcase and coat from him before he took off his shoes. "How was your day?"

"Usual," he replied as he took off his shoes. "Yours?"

She smiled. "Oh, you know, the usual." If only he knew that the day had been anything but with all of the preparations for the evening.

"You look nice tonight, dear," he said as he kissed her on the cheek.

Kagome smiled happily. "Tonight is a special night," she said, "it wouldn‘t do for me to greet you wearing sweats." She watched him walk into the dining room and then hung his coat in the closet next to the front door and his briefcase on the small table they put in the entry just for that purpose.

"You even outdid yourself on dinner."

Kagome sat across from him and poured him a glass of champagne. "No one said we would last five years, and here we are!" She handed him his glass and poured a glass for herself. "Here's to beating the odds."

"To beating the odds."

They shared their dinner in relative silence, playing footsie under the table just like they had done on their first dinner date. Kagome began to think of how the last five years had been, how she had never in her life been happier. As she thought, she realized that they had never really had an us conversation. 'Better late than never, she thought.

"Sesshoumaru?"

"Yes, love."

"After watching so many of our friends divorce before their third or fourth year of marriage, do you feel fortunate that ours has lasted as long as it has?" She took a bite of her strawberry cake and waited patiently for his answer.

After a few moments he spoke. "Yes, I do feel fortunate to have a successful marriage. I feel fortunate to have a successful business. It is amazing to come home every night to a loving wife after spending my days making sure that our small family will be financially secure and ready for any crisis. All of those things are wonderful, but do you want to know what really makes me happy?"

Kagome smiled. "Of course! Isn‘t it a wife‘s duty to know what makes her husband happy?"

Sesshoumaru grinned lasciviously. "I feel extremely fortunate to have a wife that still has such perfect, perky breasts."

Just like the end of their first dinner date, the night was ended with Sesshoumaru wearing his cake and Kagome stomping away in an angry huff.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1304