Surprise! by Kittyb78
Summary: Rin is blackmailed by Jaken into making him chocolates on Valentine's Day. To spite him, she decides to make chocolates for all of her close friends; except her new crush and the boy who broke her heart.
Categories: General > One-Shots Characters: Jaken
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1359 Read: 1512 Published: 01 Sep 2009 Updated: 01 Sep 2009

1. Chapter 1 by Kittyb78

Chapter 1 by Kittyb78

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, only this one shot.

Rin/Kohaku AU

A/N: Kohaku is 19, Rin is 17 the rest are in their early to mid 20's. My first attempt at a Kohaku/Rin one shot- enjoy.

Rin sighed thinking, "I can't believe Jaken is blackmailing me into making him chocolates..."

So she came up with an idea of her own, "I know! I'll just make chocolates for all of my closest friends, and make Jaken's taste nasty." Grinning she set to work.

Two days later she finished boxing up her homemade chocolates for Valentine's Day. "Let's see, Jaken, Inuyasha, Bankotsu, and Miroku. Then for the girl's it's Nichan Kikyo, Nichan Kagome, and Sango."

Checking off her list she said, "And none for Kohaku, since he was a jerk the last two years." Adding in a happier tone, "And now for Sesshomaru's birthday gift." as she tied a homemade sweater into a box, and wrapped it. "There finished." She declared happily.

For the past six months she had been crushing on Sesshomaru and now to her delight, it appeared that Sesshomaru might also like her as well; so she had decided to make him a sweater with her own two hands.

Collecting her bag of boxes she walked off to deliver them to her friends. She started passing them out by leaving Jaken's on his doorstep, only Kohaku, who had gone for a walk to clear his head, saw her and demanded, "Oi Rin, what the hell are you doing?"

She jumped, "No, no, this isn't happening." she chanted in her head, before turning to face Kohaku and huffed, "none of your business Kohaku. Now if you'll excuse me, I have chocolates to deliver."

Kohaku's eyes widened as he ripped open the box she had placed on the doorstep and growled, "You made Jaken chocolates?!"

Rin repeated, "It's none of your business." And took the box back, replacing it on the door step. Kohaku yanked the box up ripping open the lid and tossed them to the ground.

Sighing Rin knelt picking them up and scolded, "Now look what you did." Trying to brush the dirt off of them and placed them back into the box.

Kohaku grit his teeth and stormed off. Rin replaced the box by his door before leaving in a huff.

With Kohaku:

Deep inside he was fuming over the chocolates that Rin had made for Jaken. Coming to the only logical conclusion, he clenched his fists and walked down to the flower shop, ordering the largest bouquet of roses and lily's that she would ever see.

With Rin:

She stopped by Sesshomaru's office and delivered his gift frowning at how many chocolates he had stacked in a corner.

Spotting Inuyasha, she pulled out a small box and handed it to him.

As she held out the large box to Sesshomaru, he asked, "What's this?" hoping it would be chocolates from her.

Rin bowed explaining, "It's a gift for your birthday Sesshomaru Senpi, Happy Birthday."

Blinking Sesshomaru accepted the box saying, "Thank you Rin."

Rin nodded and said, "You're welcome. Well, I have to finish passing out chocolates, see you later Sesshomaru Senpi." earning a frown from Sesshomaru and a snicker from Inuyasha who both watched her leave.

Inuyasha teased, "Wow no chocolates, ne Sesshomaru?" before opening his box and stuffing one of the candies into his mouth.

Sesshomaru growled, "Shut it mutt. We have work to do." and snatched the box away from him, tossing them into the trash can.

Inuyasha pouted, "Oi, those were mine." and followed his stoic brother back over to the desk.

Rin went around passing out chocolates to everyone else. Bankotsu grinned saying, "Aw thanks Rin." thinking it was sweet of her and adding, "You're a doll for this, ya know?" as he popped a chocolate into his mouth saying, "Wow, these are really good too." She blushed thanking him and moved on to Miroku.

Miroku smirked. "Aw thanks Rin." He said moving to cop a feel, but was stopped by Sango who yelled, "Don't even think about it Hoshi!" before whacking her boyfriend upside the head.

Rin eeped and jumped away from him glaring, before turning to Sango and handing her a box saying, "These are for you."

Sango grinned saying, "Wow, thanks Rin." and hugged her friends' sister.

Rin smiled, "You're welcome." and went over to her two older sisters.

Pulling out her last two boxes she handed one to each of them and said, "Here Nichan."

Grinning Kagome said, "Oh thanks Rin. I was just craving something sweet," and hugged her little sister.

Calmly Kikyo accepted the box and said, "Thank you Rin." placing it on her desk.

Kohaku walked in with the huge bouquet and everyone even the stoic Kikyo gasped. Sesshomaru, and Inuyasha had just stepped out of Sesshomaru's office and stood there blinking.

Kohaku walked over to Rin saying, "Ya know, you're making a really stupid face." As he saw the shock on her face.

Rin shook herself from her shock and said, "Well it's because you look so out of place." Adding, "So what, now you have a part time job as a florist or something?"

Kohaku shrugged asking, "What do you think of this?" staring directly at her as hi indicated the flowers.

Rin said, "Huh?" then admitted, "It's beautiful," eyes wide with awe.

Kohaku said, "It's yours," tossing the over sized bouquet at her adding, "Congratulations."

Rin frowned asking confused, "Wait, what do you mean ‘congratulations' ?"

Kohaku said, "We've been friends for a long time now and I'm the only one here who knows you've never had a real date in your life. So I'm the only one who could congratulate you."

Rin scowled demanding, "What the hell is this all about Kohaku?"

Kohaku said seriously, "I'm congratulating you on becoming Jaken's girlfriend." as his eyes bored into hers.

As he thought, "This is news to me," Sesshomaru's eyes widened.

Kagome choked on her piece of chocolate before asking, "Rin, when did you start dating Jaken?" staring at her sister. Kikyo's eyes widened.

Rin shrieked, "What?!" Turning to Kagome she explained, "I'm not!" At her sister's frown she huffed, "That sniveling little toad stole my history book and blackmailed me in to making him chocolates for today."

Rin explained angrily, "I even made chocolates and passed them out to all of my closest friends today just to spite him!"

Kohaku crossed his arms across his chest demanding, "Then why did the chocolates say ‘heart to Jaken' ?" as he glared at her.

Rin scowled, "Is that what all this is about?! Damnit Kohaku, if you hadn't ruined them, you'd have seen that they had said, ‘I'll never say heart to Jaken'." before stomping her foot and tossing the bouquet at him with tears in her eyes yelling, "The only person I despise more than Jaken is you!"

Flinching Koahku demanded enraged, "And what about Sesshomaru? Did you give him chocolates too?" fist clenched at his side.

Rin scoffed, "Of course not!" trying to hold back her tears.

Kohaku sneered, "Then what you gave Sesshomaru must have been something besides chocolates, ne?" eyes filled with anger and body blood boiling with jealousy.

Rin huffed indignantly, "That's none of your business," and turned her back to him. "Besides, it stopped concerning you over two years ago when-"

Deciding he'd heard enough Kohaku spun her around grabbing her by the collar of her shirt and silenced her ranting by claiming her open mouth in a fierce kiss.

Arms out by her sides in the open air while she tried to keep her balance and shocked beyond thought; she kissed him back. Kohaku slanted his mouth over hers deepening the kiss and sent her head spinning with new strange sensations running through her body.

All around them were wide eyes and gasps of shock. Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched.

Three minutes later Kohaku broke the kiss gasping for air and growled, "You're still mine Rin, don't ever forget that." and walked away leaving a very confused Rin holding a trembling hand to her tingling lips, as she watched him walk away with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1439