The Run by Kagashe_AliAnn
Summary:  After making one of her millions of mistakes, Kagashe runs away, a bit frightened. She finds herself going in one direction, without knowing it, and meets up with...

 


Categories: General, Action/ Adventure Characters: Ah-Un, Inu Yasha, Jaken, Kagome Higurashi, Rin, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 3030 Read: 46852 Published: 14 Sep 2009 Updated: 22 Sep 2009

1. Chapter 1 The Storm by Kagashe_AliAnn

2. Chapter 2 Water Demon Defeated by Kagashe_AliAnn

3. Chapter 3 The Tunnel by Kagashe_AliAnn

4. Chapter 4 The Dry Area by Kagashe_AliAnn

5. Chapter 5 The West Castle by Kagashe_AliAnn

6. Chapter 6 The Envelope by Kagashe_AliAnn

7. Chapter 7 What to Do? by Kagashe_AliAnn

8. Chapter 8 Facing Her Fear by Kagashe_AliAnn

Chapter 1 The Storm by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Plaese Read and Review!
 

Chapter 1

 

The Storm

 

One gloomy, rainy day in a castle in the west, a girl in a orange kimono, and a green toad, with a two headed staff stood looking out the front door. The girl turned her head, and asked, "Master Jaken, is this ever going to stop? It's been raining for three days." The toad sighed and said, "I hate to say it, but I'm starting to wonder myself." Just then, the two of them heard the door open behind them. "Come on, Rin, the rain won't stop by us watching it," Jaken said, closing the door. "Alright, say this is the first time I've seen it rain here," Rin said. "Yes, some demon must be loose, , otherwise it'd be sunny," Jaken said.

Meanwhile, in a cave, the wolf demon, Kouga, looked out, and the female wolf demon, Ayame, said, "Kouga? Is it still raining?" "What do you think?" Kouga asked, shaking water from his hair. A young eight year old wolf boy, who was with the mohawk and skunk hair styled wolf demons, got up and walked over to Kouga. "This is going to slow everything down," Kouga said. "Maybe it'll slow Naraku down as well," the wolf boy said. "Let's hope, Koame," Kouga said, "Although, he's crazy to enough to send someone out in anything." Koame looked like Kouga, but had Ayame's red hair.

In another area inside a barrier, Kagura, Kanna, Hakadoshi, and Kohaku were all glaring at Naraku. "MAY I ASK HOW ANY OF US ARE SUPPOSED TO KILL ANYONE WITH THIS MESS?" Kagura yelled at Naraku. Just then a lightning bolt following by hail struck the castle.

As more lighting struck Kagura looked out the door, only to see six funnels touchdown. "What is that?" Kagura asked. Kagura turned around, to see Naraku gone. "TO THE CELLER, NOW!" Kohaku yelled. Everyone followed him, and caught up with Naraku. Once in the celler, Hakudoshi said, "This won't last long." Kagura turned, and yelled, "IF YOU KNOW OF A BETTER PLACE, THEN BURY YOURSELF IN IT!" "Hey, don't yell at him," Kohaku said. "YOU STAY OUT OF IT!" Kagura yelled. All of a sudden a large uproar came from Kagura, Kohaku, and Hakudoshi, which was starting to turn into a war.

After five minutes, Narkau got up. Kanna, who was the only one not fighting with someone, sat down in a corner. Naraku looked at her, and then at the squabbling chickens. "Enough!" Naraku said, walking over to them. The noise outside, combined with the fight, was so loud that nobody could hear anything Naraku said, at that point. "I SAID, ENOUGH, OR DO YOU ALL WANT TO DIE?" Naraku yelled. Everyone froze like icicles, because they heard what he said that time.

In a small village, halfway between Kouga's den and the mountains, a demon-priestess was staring out the door of a hut, when a young girl walked up to her. The young girl was wearing a yellow kimono, with black short hair; the kimono had a forest green belt, and had her hair tied in a white hair-band. "Lady Kikyo, will this ever stop?" the girl asked. "I'm begining to wonder, but I'm sure it will, Aika," Kikyo said, putting her hand on the girl. The girl leaned against Kikyo. Kikyo said, "Why don't you get some rest." "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Good night, Lady Kikyo," Aika said.

After Aika went to bed, a soul collecter came up to Kikyo with a soul. "So, the water demon has been released, who would release it, and why. Unless the water demon is killed, rain will continue to fall," Kikyo said. As Kikyo stood there wondering, she couldn't have possibly imagined that the one responsible was close at hand.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 2 Water Demon Defeated by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 2

 

Water Demon Defeated

 

"GET INSIDE THE HOUSE!" Inuyasha yelled, at the silver haired, brown eyed, ¼ dog demon, with a red shirt and pants on, with white tennis shoes, who had her sword out through the rain. The 12 year oldtook her hand off her sword, which she put in the sheave, and went inside, frustrated. "Those twisters left," Miroku said. "Yeah, and let's just hope they land on Naraku," Inuyasha said. "Look, there's the water demon," Miroku said. Inuyasha pulled out his sword, and it transformed to red; Inuyasha then ran towards the water demon, to break the barrier.

After the barrier was broken, the water demon started cackling. The water demon was a large sickle, with water coming out of it's long spiky tail; it also had red eyes and was in three shades of blue. Kagome who was watching from Kaede's hut, said, "Maybe I can help." She pulled out an arrow, and struck the water demon in the chest, which made the shard glow.

Seconds after Kagome's arrow struck the water demon, Inuyasha used the Adament Barrage. The demon that was making so much racket, like a band of wikerson monkeys, was destroyed; all the rain finally ceased, after the water demon was destroyed. The strange thing, was that if they hadn't stopped the water demon at that moment, Naraku would have been killed.

As the clouds cleared, Kagashe started to back up, and Kagome left the house to pick up the shard. "You talk to her," Inuyasha said putting up the Tetsaiga. "Sure, but do you think anything will work?" Kagome asked. "I don't care what you do, but get her to stop these problems that she causes," Inuyasha said. "Alright," Kagome said. Later, everyone began to notice that Kagashe was starting to get very tense, and for some reason, she also couldn't get to sleep that night.

End Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.

Chapter 3 The Tunnel by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 3

 

The Tunnel

 

About a month later, Kagashe was laying against a rock, not realizing what it held; it dissolved into a hole. Out of the hole came a large white and brown tiger. Kagashe, who had jumped out of the way when the tiger appeared, said, "What is this?" Inuyasha said, "Who cares! Shippo, take Inu and Kagashe to the cave, until this blows over." Inuyasha was about to fight the tiger.

Once in the cave, Shippo, Inu, and Kagashe sat down. Shippo and Inu got so absorbed in the fight that was going on outside, that they did not notice Kagashe move a large rock. Kagashe went inside the tunnel behind the rock, and closed it; Kagashe hurried down the long passage-ways that were more like a maze then anything else.

An hour later, Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and Kirara had found a way to destroy the tiger, and went to the cave. "Shippo, where's Kagashe?" Kagome asked. Shippo looked behind him and said, "She was right behind us, and I didn't see her leave."

Just then Kaede walked up to the cave from her house, and asked, "So, what is with all the comotion? And where is Kagashe?" "Just a loose tiger, and we're not sure where Kagashe is, but she was here," Shippo said. "Hmmm... makes me wonder," Kaede said. "What is it?" Kagome asked. "I just wonder if maybe the legends of tunnels that connect here, created by worm demons, might be true," Kaede said. The group decided to search the cavefor signs of a entrance, but for some reason the only rock that had signs of being moved had a unbreakable barrier on it.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 4 The Dry Area by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 4

 

The Dry Area

 

Four days later, Inuyasha's team was going south, thinking Kagashe was heading that way. Kagashe, on the other hand, who had gotten turned around so many times in the tunnel, that she had no idea which way she was going, had come to an end. Kagashe got out of the tunnel, and headed towards the nearby river because her water bottle was nearly empty from the tunnel. Kagashe sighed and said, "Maybe it would have been better, if I had stayed. Although I don't think mom was joking about the necklace." Kagashe finished filling up the water bottle, and asked, "I wonder where the waterfalls, or even the tunnel came from? Oh well, I better get going." Kagashe cotinued to head the same direction along the river, with the sun ahead of her.

The next day, a hot fast blowing wind, that would send chills down anyone's spine, blew from half a minute in the west, as Sesshomaru, Jaken, Rin and Ah-Un had returned to the castle, in the west. At the same time, Inuyasha's team had met up with Kouga's team. A spitfire was going on, between Kouga and Inuyasha, and Kagome asked, "Ayame, you haven't seen our daughter, Kagashe, have you?" "No, but we'll look out for her," Ayame said. "Thanks, Ayame," Kagome said. Kagome looked over at the guys, and sighed, and walked over to the two squabbling like a bunch of chickens. "Would you two cut it out?" Kagome asked. They were battling over a bag of chips. "How long must this go on?" a five year old with a demon slaying outfit on asked. "Not too much longer, Sanku," Miroku said. "Inuyasha! Sit!" Kagome said. CRASH! Inuyasha was pulled face-first to, the ground. Kouga grabbed the chips, and asked, "Ayame you ready?" "Uh huh, bye Kagome," Ayame said, and Kouga's team left.

Meanwhile, Kagashe was starting to cross a very dry place, and somestrong demons stood in her way. Kagashe defeated half of the demons, with her sword, and the others went south. A butterfly demon asked, "Why are we leaving?" A fat worm said, "The heat will kill her."

Hours later, Kagashe was on a rocky path, her water bottle, and didn't even notice where she was at, and collapsed right at the gate to the castle. Even later, someone in white, came up scaring all the demons, vultures, and dragons, by a glaring look, and picked up Kagashe, after turning her over, with one hand, and took her inside.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 5 The West Castle by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 5

 

The West Castle

 

The next day, around 12: 00 Kagashe woke up to see that she was in a castle bedroom. Upon looking around, she asked, "How did I get here? I was going east, wasn't I?" Just then the door opened and a short green toad, with a two headed staff came in, followed by a girl in a orange kimono, who was argueing with the imp. The two stopped arguing about who knows who better, and the Imp said, turning, "Oh, you're finally awake." Kagashe didn't say anything, because she was still absorbing what was going on.

Rin looked at Jaken, and then went towards Kagashe who got off the bed. Jaken said, "Rin, get back here." Rin, who wasn't listening, asked, "What's your name?" "Uh... Kagashe. Tell me, how did I get here?" Kagashe asked. "Lord Sesshomaru found you at his gate," Rin said. "You're lucky he saw the buzzards, because supper was being fixed at the time. In fact, any later and you wouldn't be here," Jaken said. Kagashe blinked and said, "Uh... uh... I've always been told he hated my father, but..." "You're Inuyasha's daughter, aren't you?" Rin asked. "Uh... yeah," Kagashe said. "So, why aren't you with them?" Jaken asked. "I kept making mistakes; the last time, mom threatened to put a subjection necklace on me. That was after the water demon was destroyed. I had found a hole, weeks before, and then after the tiger was released, I left," Kagashe said.

Later, after Jaken made his report, Sesshomaru said, "I know who she is! I may not like my brother, but his daughter is interesting." "She mentionedshe had a brother," Rin said, "I wonder what he looks like?"

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 6 The Envelope by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

Please Read and Review!

I will be finishing up the thought poems, and hopefully the Forseen will be ready afterwards.

 

Chapter 6

 

The Envelope

 

At dinner, which was later than usual, Kagashe said, “I'd rather be killed then punished.” “Keep your voice down, if Lord Sesshomaru hears you, he just might fulfill your wish!” Jaken said. “Jaken,” Sesshomaru said. “Huh!” Jaken said, turning around. “Shut-up!” Sesshomaru said. Jaken didn't say another word. Sesshoumaru said, “Kagashe, I don't care what happened between you and your parents, but I will tell them where you are.” Kagashe nodded, knowing she couldn't get away this time.

The next day, in the east, Inuyasha and his team had arrived at the village once again and were talking with Kaede. “So, you're saying she chose to leave?” Inuyasha asked. “Aye! From what I saw of the tracks, there wasn't anyone else there,” Kaede said. “Knock! Knock!” a booming voice said. Kaede stood up, and walked to the door. “Why is he here?” Inuyasha asked.

As Kaede opened the flap, Royakan came in. “Oh, good, you're here,” Royacan said. “What's going on?” Shippo asked. “I was requested to deliver this message to Kagome,” Royacan said, handing Kagome a envelope, who was sitting beside Inuyasha. As the envelope was handed to Kagome, she started to open it, and Inuyasha asked, “Why would Sesshomaru send Kagome a message?” “I don't know, he just said to bring it here,” Royacan replied. “He was just letting us know, that he found Kagashe at his gate,” Kagome said. “What?” everyone said.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 7 What to Do? by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

Thanks for all the Reviews on the poems and the Run.

Please read and review!

 

Chapter 7

 

What to Do?

 

It has been four years, since Royakan appeared in the village, with the letter, and the sun was setting in the west. Kagashe was watching it, when Rin tapped her. Kagashe flinched, and fell on Jaken, from Ah-Un. "Hey, would you get off?" Jaken complained. Kagashe quickly got off, and put her back against a tree.

Everyone stopped, and Sesshomaru seemed to be looking straight into Kagashe's tense, fearful eyes. Jaken got up and asked, "What is wrong with you? You've been acting wierd for the last four hours." "Jaken, be silent," Sesshomaru said. "Eh?" Jaken said, but kept quiet. "We're going back," Sesshomaru said.

The group headed back to the castle, and when they got to the castle, Jaken asked, "Weren't we looking for Naraku, to kill him?" "Are you blind, Jaken?" Sesshomaru asked. "What do you mean, my lord?" Rin asked. "Oh, wait, Kagashe's scent is changing," Jaken said. Kagashe, who was in the castle doorway, clenched her fists, but did nothing. Rin got off Ah-Un, and Jaken left with Ah-Un.

That night, the crescent moon would hang over the land, and in the east, Inu, who was in his human form, was looking up at the star filled sky, when a comet went by. Inu made a wish, and Kagome said, "Inuyasha, what has been done, can't be undone, that I know, but we still need to find a way to get her to come back." "If you got any suggestions, then start suggesting. I want her back as much as anyone else, but I just don't know how," Inuyasha said.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 8 Facing Her Fear by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 8

 

Facing Her Fear

 

It has been 2 years since Inu made his wish, and Kagashe has finally decided that instead of running away, she should have faced her fear. The night of the full moon, Kagashe walked up to Sesshomaru, and said, "If it's alright, I'd like to return to my parents." "Then get some sleep, we'll leave in the morning," Sesshomaru said. It took them seven days to cross to the east border, and the group stopped in a forest, when a 14 year old boy was seen, but Kagashe seemed not to notice. Jaken asked, "I know you know he's there. I've seen that look in your eyes, before." "So, what? No big deal!" Kagashe responded. "Oh, never mind," Jaken said.

The boy had heard about where they were going, and after eavesdropping for a while, he headed towards Inuyasha's village. A few days later, the group arrived at the village, and the boy was waiting for them, for some reason. The boy had on a light blue kimono, and had been helping to kill Naraku, by purifying his heart, while waiting. When the group arrived, Kagura walked by, and Sesshomaru used the whip of light on Naraku, causing his death.

After the Jewel was purified, the boy ran up to Kagashe, and stood for a second. "Who are you? I saw you watching in that forest," Kagashe asked, narrowing her eyes at him. "Name's Kagon. I've been traveling, looking for a place to stay, ever since my parents died, last year," the boy said. "I see, and just what were you doing in the forest?" Kagashe asked. "I... uh... I..." Kagon stuttered.

He somehow avoided the question altogether, by reminding her to talk to her parents. Kagashe walked up to her parents, and after she stopped, she said, "If this is anyone's fault, it's mine. I shouldn't have taken off like that." "No, you were just scared. I would have done the same thing," Inuyasha said. "Kagashe, I didn't mean to scare you, but..." Kagome started to say. "Don't worry you were just doing what you thought would help," Kagashe said.

After a while, Shippo started noticing something that nobody else did, and jumped off of Inuyasha's shoulder and headed towards Kagon, who didn't notice Shippo. "Hmmm..." Shippo said. Kagome walked up to Sesshomaru, and said, "Sesshomaru, thank you for looking after Kagashe." "Just remember, that Kagashe may not be staying for too much longer," Sesshomaru replied, and left. Kagashe ran to the hill, but stopped when she got to the top. Kagura walked up to Kagashe, and said, "Don't worry, I'll tell him for you." She then left, following in Sesshomaru's direction.

Six years later, Sesshomaru's people returned to the village, the same year Rin found Kohaku, and the year that Kagashe would make her decision to leave with Kagon. Sesshomaru's team came by every now and again, and Rin and Kohaku chose to live at the village, with Kagashe and Kagon. Inu's wish did come true, but he told his parents as well as Kagashe, that he never wished for her to come back, but to find happiness, which she did.

 

The End!

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1465