Inuyasha Trick Riders by ryura
Summary: Inuyasha gang plus two extra members star as traveling trick riders, and throughout their oddities they still manage to perform. R&R please. sesshomaruxOC
Categories: Humor Characters: Custom, Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Kikyo, Rin, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 9540 Read: 2052 Published: 18 Nov 2009 Updated: 18 Nov 2009

1. Chapter 1 by ryura

Chapter 1 by ryura

CHAPTER 1 PART 1
My name is Sai. I'm 22 years old, still young. I'm a trick rider.

 I work with three others.

 Inuyasha, age 19 our juggler/part time acrobat. Ryu, age 20 an over hyper, make that WAY over hyper acrobat.

 Kagome, age 17 the only other girl and Inuyashas girlfriend. She stands to the side holding the horses.

 Last but not least Sesshomaru. He's 25 and my partner at our acrobatics. To tell the truth, I've had a crush on him since forever. But we're always argueing, so I don't think I'm getting anywhere with this whole crush thing.

 We can't be in the same room without the fur flying. Oh yes. There's one other friend I forgot about. Rin. She's not actually any part of our show, she's only five. She travels with us cause she's Sesshomarus younger sister.

They aren't anything alike. We travel to different states all the time, only stayinga few days in each place. Its a drag, considering the only ones who can drive are me, Sesshomaru, and Ryu. But mostly me and Sesshomaru.

 I would rather kiss a rattlesnake then let Ryu drive.( He never got a drivers licsence) So, right now we are all sitting around in the motorhome playing poker.

 We have a show tomorrow, and we spent the whole day practicing. So now we're relaxing. Me and Ryu were doing yoga to 'find our inner muscles' as he calls it. Rin had won for the twentieth time.

That childs luck with cards was something to be awed. Sesshomaru was quietly reading a book and staying out of it as usual.

 Rin wandered over to where I sat. " Hey, sis can I do that too?" " No sweety, its complicated. Maybe when your older." " Okay." She walked back over to where Inuyasha had finished dealing the cards.

 Ryu looked over at me and opened his mouth then shut it. " What were you gonna ask?" " Well, I forgot what I was gonna say."

 " Oh." We were silent for a few moments. The only sounds were Inuyasha and Kagome groaning about losing yet again. Ryu hummed as he took an impossible pose. I had tried it a few times and almost broke my back.

 The look on Kagomes face when she saw him oproved the fact that she had tried it too. From upside down, I checked my watch. "Oops, We'd better hit the sack. Its one in the morning."

A series of complaints followed this from everyone except Sesshomaru ( why am I not surprised?) who camly read and acted like I hadn't said anything. Dang, he annoys me.

But I knew if I told him again he'd snootily reply, ' " I heard you the first time." '. So I ignored him too, and concentrated on helping kagome pick out pajamas ( She picks out her pjs?!?!?!!).

Us girls have a set of beds surrounded by a curtain the only thing separating us from the boys. I combed Rins hair and thought things over. If we did get hired for a show, a real show, without going around anymore, the chances are that Rin would have to go home, and we'd probably never see her again. Well I wasn't going to let that happen. I stood.

" I'm going out for some fress air Kags. C'mon Ryu you come to."

" Suit yourself." Was Inuyasha and Kagomes unisoned answer. As soon as we were out under the light of the full moon I breathed in deply then whirled around. " We have to mess up tomorrow!"

 Ryu took a step backward looking startled. " Eh, what? Why?"

" Okay heres why.." I explained and he agreed ( when has he ever not?) then we went back into the motor home.

Inuyasha was sitting on his bed texting his father, Kagome was reading a cosmetics magazine, Rin was playing barbies, and Sesshomaru was sleeping and mumbling something about driving to fast ( Hey I was only going 95! Thats not fast...I think...).

 I went over and layed down beside Kagome and tried to sleep. It was sorta've hard considering the constant tictictictactactacitytic of Inuyashas fingers. I would have thrown a pillow at him but, knowing him he probably wouldn't give it back ( probably?!).

 So I tried to sleep and found that if I listened to Sesshomarus quiet mumblings about hitting a cow ( I did not hit it!) I could relax a little. And before I knew it, viola! Instant sleep.

 In my dream a 50 foot alligator ate the motor home then slowly devoured us one by one ( Sesshomaru will rue the day he made me watch Rogue).


CHAPTER 1 PART 2


The next morning I was the first one up. I woke Kagome with one shake, and we decided to let Rin sleep. Kagome went to shower, leaving me to wake up the boys ( never an easy task). First was Ryu.

 I managed to roll him out of bed and onto his feet, then left him to orientate himself. Next was Inuyasha. He wasn't very likely to move, so I hollered, " Hey Inu, Kagome's pregnant and your dads on the phone!"

 That got him up. After I'd convinced him that I was just kidding I moved on to Sesshomaru. He wasn't in his bed. Come to think of it his bed had looked pretty flat when I first woke up too.

 There's not many places you can hide in a motor home, so I went outside and found him doing cartwheels. Luckily the fair wasn't open yet, so there were no gaping girls like there usually was.

I walked back in. As long as he was awake it didn't matter. Right? Ryu was still zombie like and had slumped over on the floor.

 I tried shouting slanderous things in his ear but he still wouldn't wake up. Finally I threw my hands up in the air. " Thats it! I give up!" Inuyasha walked over to Ryu and knelt beside him. " Hey Ryu, the shows starting." Ryu jerked awake ( You will pay for this so bad dog skum ).

The rodeo cowboys were getting some last minute riding done so Sesshomaru came in. I gasped,.

" Oh no I gotta go and warm up the horses!"

 " I've already taken care of that." Was Sesshomarus calm reply.

 ( How long was he awake?!) Rin rubbed her eyes and sat up. Kagome came in fresh and shining from her shower. I was at a loss for words. That was always my job. But I let it go ( see?! I'm a good person! A GOOD PERSON DAMMIT!!!).

 I stepped out to take my shower. When I had finished I came in to my cellphone ringing. I dove across the bed and grabbed it.

 " Hello?" " Hey!" I recognized that mellow slightly husky voice.

 " Kikyo? Hi!"

" Guess what Sai! I finally got that mercedes 45 I've been asking dad for! And your not gonna believe this! It cames with a phone, which is why I can finally call you guys."

 " Sweet! Just make sure you watch the gas and phone bills or else you'll be grounded."

" I know *sigh*."

Kagome walked over and sat down beside me. " Who's calling you? Your boyfriend?"

I covered the mouthpeice. " Only if he's a multimillionair and finally got a mercedes."

 " What?! Kikyo! Omg can I talk to her?"

I turned back to the phone. " Hey kikyo, I'm gonna switch off with Kags now." " Oh goodie! I haven't talked to her in ages!"

 I handed the phone to Kagome before Kikyos squeals could break my ear drums. Kagome and her immediatly begin discussing fashion and fingernail polish ( ugh!).

 Kikyo is Inuyashas best friend from childhood. She really is a multimillionare, and she was going to come with us, but an old injurie causes her to limp so her parents wouldn't let her go.

 Everyone likes her except for Sesshomaru, that cold heartless male. Speaking of cold and heartless he had just finished brushing Rins hair, my job!

 But since I'm such a good person I decided to let him live.

 Ryu was having an incredibly hard time trying to braid his long black hair.

" Need help?" " Umm sure."

After I had seated myself on the floor behind him I started braiding his hair ( I love doing hair!!! It has been my lifelong dream to do long white hair like Sesshomarus ).

After I had finished I went out to see the horses. Kanta a great black gelding trotted forward whickering eagerly. He's my horse, I've had him since he was a baby, so he's the best trained horse of them all.

I still remember the time while during the show I was going to completely go over him in one of my backflips and he jerked backwards so I landed on him, probably saving me a broken leg.

 Snowbell, a young white horse is Sesshomarus.

 I don't know what their conection is. He doesn't talk about her much. Then theres Moto, Kira, and Hannah, Inuyasha, Kagome, and Ryus horses. A cowboy rode over to where I was and dissmounted.

 " Hi."

" Hi. Nice horse. Is it your boyfriends?"

 " Eh, no its mine." " So you ride?"

 " Yeah." ( If I were smarter I would have realized that he was flirting with me ) "

"My names Collin. Whats yours?"

 " Sai. Nice to meet you Collin."

He patted Kanta and looked off in the distance for a few moments then he turned back to me.

" So do you have plans with your boyfriend?"

 " I don't have a boyfriend."

 " Oh good. Maybe me and you could go do something later."

" Actually I have plans for this evening. ( Poker, reading, yoga, thats important, right?)"

Collins face fell. " So you do have a boyfriend."

" No I was going to hang out with my friends."

" Oh."

Why was he looking so depressed? Wait, did he just ask me out on a date? I was snapped back into reality by Ryu who was running over to where I was.

 " Hey, there you are! Listen about what we talked about last night-"

 He cut off when he saw Collin. I quickly introduced them.

" Collin this is Ryu, Ryu this is Collin."

 " Hi Collin. Now as I was saying, What we talked about last night, thats actually a really bad idea, I mean you could get hurt! You know how Snowbell throws a tantrum everytime someone falls off."

Collin looked between us. " What are you talking about? I thought you were just here to watch the rodeo or something."

 Ryu quickly corrected him. " No, we're the trick riders from Florida."

I could have strangled him. Now Collin would think I was weird! Surprisingly he didn't walk away.

 " Oh well, if your going to stay any longer the dates still open."

 He handed me a paper with his phone number on it and hurried away. Now it was Ryus turn to look at me.

" Date?"

I gave an exsasparated sigh and walked kanta back to the hitching rail. Ryu ran after me. " So, how about I fall off Kanta?"

" Ryu this was my idea. I'll fall."

" Well, it may be your idea but I'm a boy so I should fall."

 " No its me or nothing."

 " Girls have frail bones. I should fall."

 " No, if you got hurt I could never forgive myself."

" Its the same here. So I will fall and NOT YOU."

 I couldn't argue with Ryu once he set his mind to something.

" Fine. Its your funeral."

 " Better mine than yours."

 He smiled triumphantly And headed in the direction of Hannahs pen, most likely to tell her what he was planning. She was sure to play her part. I hate obedience.

CHAPTER 1 PART 3


It was time for the show to start

. We made our entrance to gypsy music ( how lame can life get?! I mean gypsy music c'mon poeple we aren't clowns! ) and applause.

Ryu was late, but when the show started he appeared looking as though he had been running the whole way.

 As soon as me and Sesshomarus couple tricks were over and inuyasha started juggling, Ryu hurried over to where I was.

 " I just heard that the talent scout for today couldn't make it. So we don't actually have to fall off."

He stated in a breathless whisper.

 " Well thats good. I hope you already told hannah."

 " Yeah, I told her first."

" Well isn't that nice. I'm second to a horse."

He looked thoughtful for a moment. " Yeah, I guess you are."

 I would have smacked him if there weren't so many poeple. Instead I gave him a deathly glare and murmured, " This isn't over."

Inuyasha had finished juggling and traded off with Ryu.

Me, Sesshomaru, and Kagome stood to the side as Ryu did cartwheels and backflips on Hannah.

Inuyasha led her. When that was over I did the cartwheels and backflips, then it was Sesshomarus turn.

Everything went smoothly until the part where I stand on my hands on a running and jumping horse.

 It must have been on the last jump when my hand slipped just a fraction. Whatever the cause a jolt of pain went through my hand and suddenly I couldn't feel it anymore.

I made sure that I didn't flince or show any sign of my injurie. I'm used to bruising and breaking with all the falls I've had perfecting this trick.

 After Kanta screeched to a halt I nimbly whirled around on one hand, jumped off backwards, landed on my feet and bowed.

I ignored the horrible no feeling feel in my hand. That was the shows end. We all bowed, then the poeple asked questions and petted the horses.

 I smiled and answered, and finally everyone left.

We cleaned up and the others headed out to the fair grounds. Except for Sesshomaru of course. He insisted that he put away the horses and brush them. I angrily brushed Kanta with my good hand.

 That twerp! I wanted to be alone! His voice startled me out of my thoughts and I realized he'd been talking for a while, and was now looking at me for an answer.

 " Um, what was that again?"

" I asked if you were okay?"

 " Why wouldn't I be?"

 I managed to keep my tone questioning, even though I was lieing.

" Well, you haven't used your hand since the show."

 " And? Is there some sort of law that says I have to use both hands all the time?"

I knew I sounded mean, but I didn't want anyone worring.

" But I just thought..."

" Well don't!" He stayed quiet after that. I wondered if he had actually been worried. Nah, couldn't be.

We've been argueing since the moment we laid eyes on each other, and it had never bothered him before when I was rude to him.

But still... I quickly shook the thought from my head, and finished grooming Hannah. She whinnied and nuzzled me. I hugged her neck.

 after we finished grooming them, me and Sesshomaru took the horses to the fair ground stables. I found a stallion that I liked. It looked familiar but I couldn't place his face. Sesshomaru stayed and petted Snowbell.

Thats how our day went. Me and Sesshomaru petted horses, and the others did who-knows-what. Rin joined me and Sesshomaru.

As the fair closed the sun set and we met up beside the motorhome. Inuyasha, Kagome, Ryu, and Rin started a game of poker behind the boys bed. I sat down on the girls bed and excamined my phone, deciding whether or not to call home. I decided not to, and shook my hand to see if I could feel it.

The bones all seemed to be in place( Who am I kidding? I'm a rider not a doctor!). What really bothered me is that it had been six hours since the accident and it was still showing no signs of regaining feeling.

 Oh well. As long as it wasn't hurting it was fine. Sesshomaru looked quizzically at me, probably wondering why I was holding my hand so oddly.

 I glowered at him and picked up a book of Kagomes to read. It was all about true love and romance, so I put it back as soon as I had picked it up.

 My phone rang, scaring me half to death. I looked at the dial. It was dad. Ugh. So not picking up. I let it ring. As soon as it had finished ringing it rang again. He was sure being persistent. Maybe something was wrong.

 I picked it up. " Hel-"

" WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?????!!!!!"

Inuyasha and the others stared at me. I ignored them. " 5,778,456 miles away. What do you want?"

" DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP!!"

" I HAVE GOOD HEARING YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT!!!"

 Now they were really staring.

 " Don't yell at me you disrespectfull twerp!"

 " Don't yell at me either you disgusting creep!"

The bad thing was, my phone has a magnifier so even if we weren't shouting everyone else could hear us.

 " You disrespectfull twerp!"

" You've already said that hag!"

" Well you deserve it more times then that! Did you ever consider that?"

 " Yes, and I don't! So why the hell did you call me? There had better have been a good reason, cause if there isn't I'm gonna be pretty frickin pissed!"

" Don't you swear at me!"

" Oh, I can swear at you all I want!"

 " Don't you start!"

" Oh I'll f***ing start! I don't give a s*** about your f***ing rules!"

" Well, no daughter of mine swears like that! Your disowned!"

 " Like I give a f***! Thats the third f***ing time you've disowned me a******!"

 " You disrespectfull little w****! I'm good to you for one day and this is how you repay me?!"

 " Wake up from your pipe dreams you f***ing a**! That never happened and you know it!"

" You skanky b****!"

 " Now who's doing the cussing?!"

 " I am you w****! F*** you and see if I care if you never come home!"

" That makes two of us f*****! GOODBYE!"

I slammed the phone shut with such force I'm amazed it didn't crack. It wasn't untill now that I realized that I had been saying some pretty slanderous curses in front of a child.

The others were still gaping at me. I guess I forgot to tell them that me and my step father don't get along very well.

All that and I usually have the sweet and innocent thing going. Inuyasha probably looked the most horrified. Thats no surprise considering how well him and his dad get along.

 Rin just looked wonderingly at me. Kagome had covered her ears in the nick of time.

Ryu just looked terrified. And Sesshomaru amazingly, was simply looking, probably thinking what a freak I was.

My whole face went red. " Sorry." I hurried out the doorway and ran all the way to the horse stables and stood puffing beside Kanta.

 " Hey, baby." Kanta snorted softly in answer, and bumped my shoulder with his nose.

 " Sai."

 I turned expecting to see Sesshomaru. It was Collin.

 " Oh, hello." He headed towards me. " Is something wrong?"

 Strangely his face looked like it was swimming and changing shape.

 I screamed when he turned into the monstrous alligator from last night. This had to be a dream.

But I wasn't waking up. The alligator roared and charged at me. A thought flashed through my mind as I stood there paralyzed in fear.

This is how I was going to die? eaten by a giant alligator from a dream? Aparantly yes. I wasn't waking up so this must mean it was real.

But if it was real and we were still in the fair grounds then how come it looked like a swamp? I felt a cold hand on my shoulder.

Instinctively my hand raised and slapped, though knew it was to late because the alligator had reached me. Strangely there was a loud clap like my hand hitting something.

I opened my eyes to Sesshomarus worried face. I let out a squeak the only thing I could manage.

  After seeing Collin turn into an alligator I was sure that Sesshomaru would turn into something worse.

He had caught my hand before I had slapped him and was still holding it. I jerked away only to hit something cold and metal.

 I looked around me and realized that I was back at the fair. So the alligator had been just a dream( I think ).

I gave a sigh of releif them realized that Sesshomaru was still kneeling beside me waiting for an explanation.

" Um a nightmare?" I tried lamely. He wasn't buying it. " So what happened? I came out here looking for you and found you laying beside Snowbells stall."

" What? But I was by Kantas- oh nevermind."

" What excactly do you remember?"

" Well I was petting Kanta when an alligator, I mean Collin, a Collin alligator came and then I slapped and you know the rest."

 " So you don't remember fainting?"

" I fainted?"

 I looked at him stupidly. He sighed in a ' oh never mind' way and rose to his feet. He helped me up.

 I brushed off my butt. If I fell in horse poop I was gonna be angry.

Really angry. Luckily I hadn't. Sesshomaru held my arm the whole way back even though I had managed to convince him that I could walk.

 When we went inside I was seriously hoping that the phone conversation had been a dream too. I'm not that lucky.

 The first thing Inuyasha said to me was, " So you don't get along with your father very well huh?"

" Yeah, sorry."

" What are you apoligizing for? Its not your fault."

" Yeah well we said some pretty dirty things."

" Nothing that we haven't heard before. And Rin didn't hear a thing."

" Right. Sorry."

 He sighed in a ' your hopeless' way. Kagome either wanted to change the subject or hadn't heard a word we were saying ( latter ).

 " Kikyo called again. She said her and her parents went on a vacation to Hawaii."

" Did they have fun?"

" Yeah."

" Thats good."

 Sesshomaru led me over to my bed and finally let go of my arm. I whispered thanks and continued talking with Kagome. A small nod was the only sign that he had heard.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1546