His Jewel(s) by cutelittleears
Summary:

Kagome is busy bringing InuYasha a present into the world.

Written for the IYFF Drabble Community on LJ.
Categories: Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome, Drabbles Characters: Inu Yasha, Kaede, Kagome Higurashi, Miroku, Sango
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 514 Read: 3211 Published: 12 Jan 2010 Updated: 12 Jan 2010
Story Notes:

I don’t own InuYasha or any of the other characters.  They are the sole property of Rumiko Takahashi.

1. Chapter 1 by cutelittleears

Chapter 1 by cutelittleears
Author's Notes:
Family.

 

White dog ears twitched again as his mate cried out for the umpteenth time since she said it was time.  She was working so hard to give him the gift he had always wanted-a family.  He started to think back on their travels together.  The Shikon no Tama.  The Sacred jewel.  What a gigantic trouble that thing was.  How could he have ever thought that it was so important to him.  NO.  It was a useless hunk of matter.

 

The greatest jewel in the world-and his life-is the crying and moaning woman in the hut right now.  Kagome.  HIS Kagome.  HIS mate.  The only jewel that mattered to him.  InuYasha turned his head back toward the hut as he heard her cry out again.  He could hear her whimpers of:  ‘it burns’, ‘it hurts’, and ‘I can’t’.  He could also hear Sango’s and Kaede’s encouragement.

 

He couldn’t wait any longer, “I’m goin’ in!”

 

Miroku grabbed his arm, “InuYasha you know that men aren’t allowed in there.  Besides Sango will probably hit you over the head with her Hiraikotsu.  I know it’s hard, but be patient.”

 

“I can’t help it!  She needs me!  I can hear her whimpering my name!”

 

Right then Sango appeared at the door.  “InuYasha.  Kagome’s been asking for you.  Kaede told her that men aren’t allowed, but she said she wouldn’t push anymore unless you’re in there.”  She stepped back and held the door flap open, “Come on in”.

 

InuYasha practically ran into the hut and spotted his mate lying on the futon panting and sweaty; he walked over to her.  “Kagome, I’m here”, he said as he stared into her eyes.

 

“InuYasha, I need you.  Help me, please.”

 

“Anything, my mate.”  He leant forward and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

 

“Hold my hand.”  InuYasha held her right hand as Kaede instructed her to push again.  Sango was on her left, wiping her forehead.  As she began to push, his mind wandered back to the Shikon no Tama and all the trouble it caused him.

 

But the only thing that stupid jewel did that he was greatful for, is it brought his beautiful mate to him.  Then he was freed from the tree.  He has never told her, but he’s extremely happy she shattered the jewel.  Suddenly a new cry pulled him back to the present.  InuYasha looked up to see Kaede wrapping a blanket around a small bundle.

 

Kagome released his hand to take the small bundle into her arms.  She cooed at the bundle before turning towards him.  With a smile, “InuYasha meet your daughter, Emi.”  She pulled the blanket open to reveal a pup with cute little, white puppy ears and white hair like him. When she opened her eyes, they were brown like her mother’s; fangs and claws as well.

 

As he stared at her, a smile graced his lips.  He was wrong about there being only one great  jewel of his life; now there were two.

 

Emi=Beautiful blessing

 

 

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1604