Old And New Loves by Kittyb78
Summary: Bankotsu/OC one shot that tells about two best friend reunited after Bankotsu and the BOS are resurrected.
Categories: Romance > Other, Romance, Romance > One-Shots Characters: Bankotsu
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1218 Read: 2047 Published: 21 Jul 2010 Updated: 21 Jul 2010

1. Old And New Loves by Kittyb78

Old And New Loves by Kittyb78

I own the plotline only. Catherine aka Cathy belongs to the birthday girl. Happy belated birthday Animegirl608

Cathy who had Back hair with blue tips and had grown up with Bankotsu and secretly loved him her whole life, narrowly escaped a brutal death herself shortly after the love of her life and his band were killed. She was so overcome with grief over losing her best friend from childhood, she let herself fall at the hands of the neighborhood scoundrels.

One night while wishing again for her beloved to come to her, she was besieged as was their village they had grown up in by a large band of bandits. The neighborhood scoundrels decided to use this to theier advantage and chased Cathy down. Outside in the forest they were surprised by a hoard of demons bent on revenge.

Cathy however had slipped over the edge of the cliff and fallen into the icy waters below. Luckily for her old Kaede and some villagers from a village farther away were by the river that night. One of the stronger village men had seen her plunge to the waters screaming. He dove into the water and rescued the young maiden takingher back to Kaede's village with them.

Cathy took a weak to recover before she was well enough to set out on her own. One day while she was out wandering the lands she over heard a rumor. "They say the Band of Seven was a group of ruthless and cold blodded killers. They're leader was a young man only seventeen when he died, but Bankotsu was feared far and wide."

At the mention of her beloved childhood crush and best friend her heart squeezed painfully. Cathy was now twenty five and missed Bankotsu terribly. The ten years he'd been dead weighed heavily on her. What she heard next caused her heart to nearly falter.

The villagers continued. "I heard they've been brough back from the dead and bankotsu is once again walking these lands." Cathy's hand covered her bleeding heart as she thought, "Can it be true? Is he....is he really alive again?" she silently vowed to herself, "I must find out." As she turned her full attention to the conversation the villagers were having.

"That's right. I also heard that the leader has a long thick braid and had a huge halbered filled with demonic powers, that he treasured named Banryu." Cathy hearing all she needed to know took off into the woods. "If he is alive again, he'll be going for Banryu. That is at the village near where he and the others were killed." She thought resolutely as she began walking towards the village.

As she neared the village her own swords drawn she spotted a lone figure on the bluff. He was sitting trying to write a letter. Her eyes filled with unshed tears. "it IS him!" her mind cried out relieved to lay eyes once again on her beloved friend and secret love.

Stepping out she cleared her throat. "Bankotsu..." she said trying to get his attention. Hearing his name called he demanded, "Show yourself!" Cathy stepped out of the trees and stared into the blue eyes she'd loved her entire life as far back as she could recall.

Bankotsu demanded, "Who are you?" puzzled at the appearance of the woman before him. Cathy scowled. "Don't tell me you've seriously forgotten ME?" she demanded hands on her full hips. Bankotsu blinked, "Catherine?" he asked unsure.

She grinned. "You're damn right it's me!" as she walked over and punched his shoulder. "How dare you forget me?" she demanded glaring at him. Bankotsu rubbing his now sore shoulder chuckled thinking, "Yup that's Catherine alright." Grinning he picked her up in a bear hug and laghed, "What have you been doing all these years?" as he hugged his best friend.

Cathy scowled and ordered, "Put me down!" Bankotsu puzzled obeyed and Cathy answered angrily, "I've been wondering what the hell possessed you to leave me behind." As she crossed her arms in front of her chest angrily demanding, "Well?"

Bankotsu sighed, "Because you were too young to be able to fight and I wouldn't be able to fight at my best with you tagging along." Looking her up and down he whistled, "Damn if you didn't go and grow up on me too." Adding with a wink, "And I might add rather nicely too." Cathy scoffed, "That's it?" Bankotsu confused by her anger nodded.

Cathy informed him, "Well let me tell you something Mr. big shot! I've been fighting since the day you left. I've barely escaped being caught by those damn ruffians when our village was destroyed by bandits." Huffing she added, "So leaving me behind only put me in more of a position of having to fight to survive on a DAILY basis." Pouting she walked a few paces away and growled out, "So thanks for nothing! Bastard!"

Bankotsu chased after her and tried to explain, "Catherine..." she flat out refused to look at him, so he knocked her to the ground and they began wresting and rolling around like they had as kids until he came out the victor with her firmly pinned beneath him. Holding her hands pinned abover her head and his body laying flat on top of hers her growled out, "Stop fighting me and listen to me damn it!" he eyes locked to her own.

Bankotsu's voice softened as he admitted, "I left you behind, because I couldn'y bear the thought of you getting hurt or killed." After a moment of staring into her eyes he sighed and sat up moving away from her. Cathy also sitting up asked evenly, "Why?"

Bankotsu sighed. He'd never intended to tell her, knowing he'd never be able to be the man she'd always wanted. Shaking his head he stood up. "It doesn't matter." He answered emotionalessly. Cathy jumped up getting right into his face. "So I don't matter huh?" she spat out before turning to walk away. Reaching out he stopped her and corrected, "I said IT doesn't matter....not that you don't...." Cathy shook off his hold. Turning her face away from him she said what she'd been to afraid to say all those years ago. "Well it matters to ME!" Bankotsu catching the hitch in her voice turned her to face him and asked, "Why Cathy?" in a softer tone than earlier staring into her eyes for any clue.

Cathy answered, "Because I loved you you jerk!" she answered before moving to walk away again. Bankotsu's eyes shot wide open, he'd never expected that." Moving to hold her to his chest he felt his own conffession slip out. "I' loved you too Catherine...I always have."

Cathy's own shocked taking over she was unprepared when his mouth came crashing down on hers in a greedy demanding kiss. He poured all of his unspoken feelings into that one kiss. She also poured her own hidden emotions into kissing him back. Their tongues dueled for dominance before he broke the kiss pulling back.

Staring into each others eyes for several agonizing moments, they allowed their feeling to show. Both embraced each other knowing they'd never be without each other again.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1776