A War Is Brewing by Kittyb78
Summary: Karuma/Hiei/Kagome two friends work together to protect an important princess when a war is about to break out. AU.
Categories: General, Romance > One-Shots Characters: Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 449 Read: 1984 Published: 21 Jul 2010 Updated: 21 Jul 2010

1. A War Is Brewing by Kittyb78

A War Is Brewing by Kittyb78

Disclaimer: I do not own the Yu Yu Hakusho, or the Inuyasha characters! They belong to their respective creators. I only own this plot line.

Happy Birthday to my dear friend Ladyasile! XD

Hiei and Kuarama stared at each other a long moment before Hiei thought, "Hn, what brings you here fox?"

Kuarama thought back amused, "Genkai requested that I come here to meet the princess whom I will be guarding when the war breaks out."

Hiei thought back, "Then we are on protection detail together it seems. Koenma has sent me here to guard here as well. Apparently this princess is someone of vital importance."

Kuarama thought asking, "Why would both Koenma and Genkai be so concerned over a human princess's safety?"

Youko thought, "Could it be not the human but some trinket she might possess?"

Karuma thought back confused, "What could she possibly have that would require demon body guards?"

Hiei thought back, "We will find out soon enough fox, now turn your attention back to the job at hand." as he ruby eyes thoroughly scanned the castle grounds.

They approached the gate and ruby and golden eyes widened in shock as they recognized the person waiting for them at the gate.

Yuske's eyes lit up as he spotted his requested guests. He waved them over saying, "Good you two have arrived- finally." and led them inside the castle.

Hiei demanded, "Detective what are you doing here?" as he stared at his friend.

Yuske replied with a grin, "I'm the one who requested you two to be here, and the princess is none other than my cousin Kagome."

Kurama's eyes widened as he asked, "Then what does she have?"

Yuske sighed muttering, "You always were too smart." Taking a deep breath he explained, "The princess possesses the Shikon no tama."

At their shocked gasps he added seriously, "She is its guardian and she must be defended at all costs. That trinket that she guards will help to defend this realm from harm once the makai tries to merge with this realm, however only Kagome is able to control its powers. If she falls the war will be lost- that is why I specifically asked for you two to be her bodyguards."

After nodding their understandings Yuske led them into the throne room and bowed announcing, "Hime Kagome, these are two of my most trusted partners and your new bodyguards.

Kagome smiled and greeted warmly, "I thank you for coming to help me ensure the kingdom's safety and bowed to them."

Before they could respond a huge explosion shook the earth and Kagome's happy eyes dulled a bit as she said sadly, "So it begins again." Yuske, Hiei, and Kuarama all drew their weapons and circled protectively around the princess.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1799