Her Life by Daphneshaggydoo
Summary: "I, Kagome Higurashi, hereby make this my last will and testament...."
Categories: General, Drabbles, Angst/ Drama Characters: Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: No Word count: 16512 Read: 130023 Published: 27 Feb 2012 Updated: 22 Feb 2013
Incidents by Daphneshaggydoo
Her Life – Chapter 15 – “Incidents”


“Dear Inuyasha,

Things have slowly gotten better since the latest incident. Did I even tell you about that? Guess not, see, since Gramps died almost five years ago Mama turned to sake for comfort involving anything. Even the littlest thing would set her into a drinking spree. From the way I saw it, she felt like since Gramps she was all alone in the world even though Souta and I were with her almost twenty-four seven. Mind you Mama did, and still does, have her good moments; unfortunately she is mostly in a drunken state now. She is a mere shadow of the woman that we used to know.

Back to the incident though; Souta and I have gotten to the point where we’ve had to keep her under lock and key, especially at night. Sometimes there was no way of knowing where we would end up finding her come morning. Well, this morning we woke up to the most horrifying discovery either one of us would make in our entire lives.

Mama had always told us about the voices that talked to her and tried to convince her to do things. Well, it looks like one of them finally got through to her.

I found her in the bath tub when we woke up with her wrists slit. We both rushed her to the hospital and the doctors got her taken care of, but we discovered why she was acting so differently.

Apparently, Gramps death sent her into a huge bout of depression. The doctors say that it is a most severe case because she never exactly got over Papa’s death so when Gramps died it made those feeling reemerge and take hold.

The worst part of the entire day was being told that she would have to be put into psychiatric care so that she could possibly be cured. I’ve got the feeling though that she will never be the same again.

It really hurts though; knowing that someone so close has been hiding behind a fake mask all of these years. I’m starting to wonder what else she kept hidden from us. Will I possibly turn out the same way when I am older? Will Souta? Guess we’ll find out as life goes on.

On a lighter note, Souta and Hitomi have still been together for all these years and I believe that I hear silver wedding bells starting to ring. Do you remember helping him gain the confidence to ask her to go out with him when he was little? I guess you could consider yourself the ringmaster of their little tryst.

Something else I must tell you. (That you might not like) I met a wonderful man a few weeks ago and he is to kind to me. I don’t want to reveal too much yet because I don’t know how everything is going to work out. I can’t help but thinking, with the way my stomach flutters, is he the one?


~Kagome”

~~~~

End Notes:

A/N ~ Total words – 504

Want to say sorry for the extremely late update. As you know I had 4-H fair going on – where I actually got a couple chapters written – but I stupid laptop decided to die on me. Now I’m waiting for the warranty company to send the box so I can ship it back to get it fixed. Don’t you just love it when hard drives quit working???

PLEASE REMEMBER – this story/diary IS NOT filled with day to day entries. You could have a couple days worth of entries then skip to a couple years down the line.

I do have another chapter ready (as soon as I get the time to type it) and I’ve got a partial chapter of “If Only In Reality” ready. This would be so much easier if I could just speak it instead of type.

Would you guys like that? If I just spoke/read a chapter and posted it on Youtube for you to listen to? Sometimes it’s easier for me to just spout things out than to just type them.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2099