Two Strangers by starfier
Summary: Two lost souls despertaly try to understand life, by understanding themselves first, cross paths unexpecticly, in a childish way that may lead them to fall in love. Facing trumoil, evil, and many more challanges. Can these two strangers face their realities in order to aquire what they want most in life?
Categories: Romance > Sesshoumaru/ Kagome Characters: Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6480 Read: 6668 Published: 20 Mar 2012 Updated: 30 Mar 2012

1. Wish by starfier

2. Different Shadows by starfier

3. New Start by starfier

Wish by starfier
Author's Notes:
Hey this is my first story, and i won't promise it will be great, but it will be good. So stick around for the first couple of slow chapters, i promise things will pick up :)

Two Strangers

 

Chapter 1:                                                        Wish            

 

Why did life have to be so unfair? She thought while collecting her over sized yellow bag, which seemed to hold all of her life, now a days, one of the only things that reminded her of home...A faint link that helped her realize she wasn't dreaming. That she wouldn't wake up from her current life, from a bittersweet dream-or on bad days, when she would get abducted or almost killed-a nightmare. Yes home where she was just a normal person, dealing with normal people and situations. Where her biggest worry would be not going to college or getting married-which she admitted would probably not happen because not normal guy would deal with and abnormal girl with so much baggage.  Yeah, she wasn't normal.

 

Instead she was 18...a teenager, who had to save the world. Literally save it! For gods sake what did she do to deserve such a fate? Yeah she wasn't perfect, she sometimes forgot to feed her cat, and recycle properly...but did that really mean she was a horrible person, which need to be punished in such a way?!

 

She just had to fall in that stupid, stupid, stupid well three years ago! Now she was stuck with a two-timing dog, a hentai monk-who, given the chance would probably turn out like Hue Hefner- Imagine a feudalistic play boy palace filled with poor innocent girls who were promised love and the bearing of the perverted monks kids, would be so tragic. Not to mention a ranging Sango chasing down said monk all over Japan would be hilarious, but she had to admit would be somewhat tragic. Considering the fact they are too fools blindly in love. Just thinking about all that, and the serious girl talk she would have to force the demon slayer to sit through and give, plus the mega scowling to the monk would drain her of her energy. Yet she had to admit she loved them, and being stuck with Sango, her sister from another Mr., and the most adorable and sneaky fox kid wasn't so bad.

 

With all her dear friends, she was dragged into the "save the world" life quest, from Naraku; the evil hanyou longing to obtain the Shikon no Tama, which he would use to become to become the most powerful being on earth. The classic obtain power, blah, blah, blah, become the big shot, blah, blah, destroy the world, which in her opinion was dumb because if he or any other villain did that they would wind up destroying themselves wouldn't they? Well anyway the point being would be if this were to happen it would screw the world royally.

 

Stupid Naraku, stupid Jewel, stupid well, as far as she was concerned everything could get lost and she could then crawl underneath a rock and call it a day. But no! Naraku destroying the world apparently would not benefit anyone-not even the kamis'. So what do they decide to do? They decide to totally screw her over.  The little devils drag her into a freakin' well 500years in the past to fix their mistake! -Totally brilliant...to them.

 

However if you ask her the stupid Jewel should even have been created in the first place, but who was she to question the gods? They rule the universe for kamis sake...why could they fix it themselves-she'll never know, yet the only thing that really bothers her was why out of the billions of people who inhabit earth did they have to chose her? They could have at least given her a heads up "Hey Kagome your life is totally f-up and you might get killed, will lose your first love to a dead chick, and probably never be happy, but its ok because your saving the world!" or even a hand book on how to stop and evil hanyou from taking over the world, or a "Miko 101" but no all they gave her was the ability to see the Sacred Jewel, and unpredictable and unreliable priestess powers. Life was undoubtedly and utterly unfair...

 

"Oi! What ya' doin' gawking at your bag instead of making me some ramen?"  The two-timing dog ranted...did she mention life was cruel?

 

"Inuyasha for your information I was so not gawking...in fact I was thinking... Something you might want to take into consideration to do. And you're a big boy you can make your own ramen!"  She said grabbing her bag and storming over to the recently lit fire where the others were.

 

"Keh. You think, since when? Anyways I'm always protecting you and the rest of you weak humans...the least you can do is make me some grub" Inuyasha said staring at her as she began to make dinner, his mouth drooling in anticipation for the delicious noodles he would be enjoying shortly, after convincing the stubborn miko to cook them.

 

"Now Inuyasha, Lady Kagome is but a pure and beautiful women who is not the least weak, as proven in many occasions, as are Sango and I. As for the ramen, you can make it yourself, but seeing your intellectual disadvantage I assume..."

 

"Watch it monk! I might not understand your big talk but I'm not a freakin' pervert and I have a sword, and claws, ready to make you physically unable to make all them ruts you want!" Inuyasha growled at the slowly retreating monk.

 

"Now Inuyasha, I was not offending you I was simply protecting an innocent women, as my sol duty as a monk..." Miroku said while leaning towards the seemingly unaware demon slyer, which seemed to be scooting away, leaving him and his hand disappointed.

 

"Yeah, he's actually right Inuyasha, Kagome is not weak" Sango said glaring daggers at the monks innocent act.

 

"Keh" Inuyasha turned to face the forest choosing to ignore the perverted monk and nagging slayer.

 

Kagome, meanwhile, kept seasoning the noodles she had begun to make as the group had their little chat, choosing to ignore the rude dog-not in the mood to fight.

 

"Kagome can I have some of those salty things...what are they called again? ... Oh yeah chips! ...Please?" Shippo pleaded with big green puppy eyes, or should she say foxy eyes! So adorable!

 

"Sure let me just get some from my bag..." reaching for her bag she began the quest to find them-which was pretty hard considering all the things she carried. ‘umbrella, toothpaste, ramen, old test-which I failed-soap...no chips, huh I could of sworn I had a bag left unless..'

 

"Inuyasha" she addressed him with a cool and even voice she turned her attention to the red spectator sitting ten feet away. "Did you by any chance chow down on the last bag of chips?" Much to her surprise was the hanyou simply nodded, which was odd behavior for the hot-tempered guy...until she noticed where and at what he was staring at.

 

Soul collectors...Kikyo...

 

Beyond the flesh, and thick forest area, heading southeast upon the dark sky.

 

Figures he'd care more about them then the conversation at hand...

 

However she had to admit they were beautiful-if your not dead-creepy kind of way. Their ominous slender bodies glowing and flying across the dark night sky like snakes slithering in water-but gracefully; like a ballet dance of death frightening but beautiful. However what caught her attention was what they were carrying

 

Pink orbs, bright and human. Human souls, shinning orbs being carried off to a prison, unwilling were losing their chance to be at peace. Yet they radiated magnificently across the sky dancing the deadly dance with their carriers. Time seemed to stand still to her as she was watching them disappear slowly.

 

             Unfortunately time never stood still, it always went on. For the living time kept moving changing them, molding them to fulfill their purpose...well at least those who were willing too...

 

            It's been three years, three long, life-changing years, since she first set out on her journey and Kikyo was still the most important thing- besides destroying Naraku-in his life. Not that she blamed the guy, but couldn't he get it through his thick skull that she was dead? That she, Kagome, was not and she loved him. Yes loved him. Loved the idiotic and brave hanyou, more then she loved to read, which was a lot. Loved him for him, Inuyasha, the hanyou...loved how butterflies use to fill her stomach and threaten to explode her every time he would smile his prince charming smile, or even scowl at her for being late, which was often. Loved his bravery, his imperfections. He was the brilliant sun in her teenage sky, her crush and first love, the prince in her twisted fairy tale. If only he did not love Kikyo, which would never happen...

 

A year ago reality hit her in the face, she realized there was no hope for her, for him, for them. Countless times she had seen him choose Kikyo over her. Risk his life, believed her lies, and attempted to make her stay with him forever-while she, Kagome, was shoved into a well for her protection- protection her ass, all he wanted was Kikyo.

 

She's human she could only take so much rejection. She had seen them laughing in the forest, shortly after arriving from a week stay at her home. She hadn't meant to see them; she was just heading back to the village until she saw soul collectors...and them near the well...and the sight that greeted her shattered her.

 

=========================FLASHBACK============================

 

‘I bet he's going to be mad', she thought as she climbed out of the hellhole of her life. ‘Yeah, well it serves him right for getting on my nervous, plus I needed to finish packing all the books I need to study' she reassured her self of her right motives, because she had been failing more frequently now that the search for the Jewel had been wearing thin.

 

"Oh Inuyasha, don't say such things, does are mere memories"

 

‘What was that?' she wondered as she got deeper into the forest. ‘Are does soul collectors...Kikyo...Inuyasha? ...'

 

"Kikyo, you're not a mere memory, you're my life"   ‘What are they doing here?' she said slowly approaching the clearing they were in.

 

"Inuyasha, we can never be together...the string of fate has twisted too much..." sorrowfully whispered Kikyo.

 

 ‘She...looks so...sad...and he...'

 

"Kikyo, I love you, we can be together, and we can do anything, as long as we're together. After I destroy that bastard Naraku...I will protect you with my life"

 

‘But... Inuyasha...you can't... she wants to drag you to hell...'

 

"Inuyasha, I'm no longer a girl, I can not afford such things, such happiness...and there is my reincarnation..."

 

‘I'm a burden to her...to them...'

 

"Kagome, she is just my best friend, I love her, but I love you more than life...we deserve to be happy Kikyou, don't deprive yourself of it"

 

‘...best friend...but Inuyasha... I lov...'

 

"Inuyasha...I love you" Kikyo said

 

=======================FLASHBACK ENDS=========================

 

It still hurts to remember those words and their kiss. A pure kiss filled with love, and hope, but it was not the kiss that broke her it was when they pulled back...

 

=========================FLASHBACK============================

 

 

When they pulled back Inuyasha, the worrier, the reserved one, the untrusting guy was laughing with her, Kikyo, leaning against a tree, green grass under their feet, the sky filled with endless stars, and a cool spring breeze.

 

            Talking and laughing like the happy couple...they were always meant to be. Bright and peaceful smiled radiated from them both. Inuyasha looked so carefree...so in love. His eye shined, his walls were down, and for the woman he loved, which was not her and she fled. She let him go, gave up and ran, broken and confused.

 

            She ran and cried with all her might and strength. Trees swept past her disappearing with each step, branches on the ground attempted to trip her, but buzzed at her encouraging her to flee, to escape, and to forget. She cried tears of pain for her unrequited love, tears of joy for her best friends happiness, and tears of resignation. Each drop making her feel lighter but stabbed her like poisoned knives.

 

            Why could life be fair? When would she get her fairytale happy ending? Why did she have to lose her love to her, the women that haunted and mocked her very existence? All these questions floated in her head, all because of her the great beautiful and pure priestess Kikyo. The maiden who had everything yet lacked what she truly wanted...happiness. She had power, and beauty, but never seem to be whole until she met Inuyasha. Two strangers lost and misunderstood searching for something...for each other, for happiness, for love. Sadly Naraku, who envied them, and harshly usurped it. However after all their pain and confusion, the great Kikyo was given a second chance to live, as the undead, to destroy the person that crumbled her life, and along try to reclaim her happiness with Inuyasha, even though it killed her, Kagome.

 

            Yes, her, Kagome the reincarnation, second best. The wanna-be priestess that shattered the Jewel, the one responsible for Kikyo's resurrections, the only one to blame for everything: why? Why did she have to be compared, why couldn't she be, just Kagome?

 

            Sometimes she wished Kikyo was dead, that Inuyasha was hers, that everything was perfect but that was selfish-tempting but not like her. It wasn't Kikyo's fault she was merely a victim, like her, but admitting it didn't make the pain dull.

 

            Everything in her head was jumbled, everything hurt, reality was to real, and so she kept running and crying trying to escape it, into the forest. Then she reached a spring and fell. She couldn't stand standing. She fell to the rich warm earth. The only stable thing in her life. The earth that always was there, never judged or questioned. The earth with its beautiful fields, its whispering breeze, its vast oceans, and its mothering embrace that was always excepting...even reincarnations like her. 

 

            She just lay there for minutes that seemed like hours, until her eyes were too sore and dry to cry her muscles begged for rest and her skin was cold. Deciding that her pity party had gone long enough she got up fearing her friends would worry and send him to find her, whish was the last thing she wanted. But knowing him he would still be with Kikyou so she decided to wash her face, with the cool spring water. Afterwards she gathered her yellow back and stared up at the night sky.

 

"How beautiful" she whispered gazing at the sky filled with stars shinning their lights. They were breath taking, something she would almost never be able to see less appreciate in her time. ‘So faraway', yet they seemed so clear to her, and they didn't seem to change. Mesmerized by their beauty she barley saw a shutting star fly across the sky, like a falling angle.

 

            She remembered when she was a girl; she would love to wish on stars, even though they never came true. How her mom would always say...

 

-------------------------  (Mini Flash Back in Flash Back)------------------------------------------

 

"Kagome do you have a wish? Something you want with all your heart?" and she would simply nod "Then wish on a star, and your wish will come true, wish with all you might...repeat after me Kagome, ‘star that twinkles so far, can't you see me from above? If you do, please, I beg you, make my wish come true' then make your wish"

 

-------------------------(End of Mini Flash Back in Flash Back)----------------------------------

 

 

How she loved does days when she would just wish her troubles away, but she was not a little girl, and wishing ... was for kids. But they looked so beautiful they beckoned her, something inside her wanted to believe her childish ways. She was 500years into the past, a miko, and saving the world, so there must be some magic in wishing right? And with child like hope she made a wish.

 

"Star that twinkles so far, can't you see me from above? If you do, please, I beg you, make my wish come true" and she made her wish...

 

 

=======================END OF FLASHBACK=======================

 

            Closing her eyes she turned her attention to Inuyasha, which was looking straight at her with guilty eyes. Smiling she beckoned him to go to her, his love. Inuyasha locked eyes with her for a second nodded and left.

 

            It hurt, she had to be truthful, to see him go...but he deserved happiness. Who was she to keep it from him? Sighing she smiled at Shippo and handed him a strawberry lollipop and proceed to make dinner for her odd group.

 

"Hentai!" Sango screamed striking Miroku and caused her to burst out laughing. ‘Some people will never change', laughing she tried to catch her breath. ‘I wonder when those two will tie the knot, heavens knows they're crazy for each other.'

 

"Sango why are you so cruel to me? I merely wanted to admire your beauty" Miroku whined mockingly with a red handprint across his face, while reaching one more for Sango. ‘When will the guy learn girls aren't faltered when you though the, will some are but those are called different names...' She stared disapprovingly towards the monk.

 

"Admire my beauty huh? Go tell that one to someone who cares! I know what you were doing pervert...How are you a monk I'll never know! ... And don't you dare get any closer!" Sango screeched, while scotting closer to her.

 

"Guys come on lets eat already, right Kagome?" Shippo beamed

 

She handed each a bowel and smiled

 

"Let's eat!"

End Notes:
Feel free to leave reviews:)
Different Shadows by starfier
Ok so this is the second chapter and you guys get some Sesshou actionsJ I know this fanfic is moving a little slow but things will pick up in a few chapters. Oh and if your looking for a straight love fanfic I'm sorry but this isn't it, things will move slowly, because I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible ^o^ However I hope I'm not boring you guys too much. Oh and I wouldn't mind some reviews on how you guys think this story is, I would appriciate them, but I'm not demanding them like some writers. Ok enough with my rant go one and read you guys lol:D

*I do not own Inuyasha or any of its Character not even the wonderfull Sesshomaru or Kagome L*


Different Shadows

Chapter 2

==========================FLASHBACK===========================

"My lord,"

"Yes, Jaken" he addressed his retainer coolly while admiring the sky, its beauty, the mystery, the power it hid all waiting for this Sesshomaru to obtain it...

"If it's my place... your lowly servant... would like to know if we will camp... here tonight...?" the imp questioned with a minimal amount of courage and hope to rest after a long day of traveling in his squeaky voice, but slowly vanishing as he approached this Sesshomaru, which was not uncommon, because he had that affect on anyone. What a pathetic thing, sometimes he wonder why...why he let him live...Considering his request for a moment he inclined his head and left towards the south, leaving Rin and Jaken to rest.


The breeze seemed to cry around him, plats seemed to bend to address the western lord. Human and demons nowhere in sight as if sensing the great lord and fearing for their worthless life's. How pathetic, no one dread to mess with this Sesshomaru, no one was greater, but one... yes one, even in death, his memory, his legacy, hunted this Sesshomarus existence, unnoticed by most but...disturbed him.

Reaching a spring he sat and began to meditate. It was a peaceful night, no demons or humans...just the smell of salt mixed with lavender and roses... A pleasant smell he had to admit but tainted with the aura of humanity and the bothersome thing weaklings called feelings...yet the aura had power...a miko...?

Deciding to pay closer attention he realized it was that girl...the one that dared to defy him, the indecent and strange girl, his half-breed brothers wench. ‘But why was she alone and reeked of salt?' Dismissing the thought he continued to relax until he heard footsteps rapidly heading to the spring and the smell of the wench with a whirlwind of emotions causing a catastrophe to the peace he so greatly craved at the moment ‘...humans so bothersome...'

Standing he moved to a more secluded part of the spring, not lowering himself to leave just because a mere human arrived...However she was not just a mere human he had to admit. She is in fact the Shikon Miko, with strange clothing, foolish courage, pureness, fire and a pleasant smell...not that he would say such things out loud, for he Sesshomaru was Lord of the West.

‘Thud'

‘She fell?' he wondered while opening his eyes to see the miko, the Shikon Miko face down crying for several minutes. Dressed in informal clothing, an enormous storm of joy, lose, and frustration radiated from her small body; putting off a displeasing smell compared to her usual aroma.

‘What has the idiotic half-breed done now?' he thought while observing the changes in body and facial expressions she made while washing her face. ‘How weak, humans let their emotions flair so easily, they become so vulnerable...how pathetic...' he continued to meditate as if nothing had accrued...but for some reason he kept thinking of her, how strong she was, she could be, but was unable to control her feelings like a human...

‘Father this Sesshomaru shall never understand why you fell so low, so in-love with such fragile creatures. They know nothing of hone and strength.' Turning to the sky he wondered about many things, when out of the corner of his eye a star shot through the immense blanket of the sky so high and silently heard the miko speak...

"Star that twinkles so far, can't you see me from above? If you do, please, I beg you, make my wish come true...I wish to find...happiness in the arms of the person who loves me, Kagome... not the reincarnation, but for the girl I am, Kagome"

‘Kagome the bird in the cage, so strange, but fitting name for the one who shall save the world' he watched her, with mild curiosity. ‘Young, 16 or 17 summers at most, pure and plain, but different...'

‘Happiness...is that it? Is that what humans crave.... father...?' he asked himself as the girl, Kagome...left, her odd yellow bag and clothing fading into the forest.

‘Father is that the reason, you grew weak? Is that why you loved a human...and died? Did you also long for this thing...this happiness these humans crave?'. Looking up at the night sky glowing with an ocean of twinkling starts he wondered. Then another star flew by...as if the god's allowed the Great General to answer his lost son's questions...

‘I see, than this Sesshomaru will understand you father, this one shall too find and conquer this happiness, but shall not grow weak' glancing one last look at the sky he got up and started to head back to his small pack.

======================FLASHBACK ENDS==========================

It has been a year since than and this Sesshomaru has yet to obtain happiness...but he was content to have Rin, not that he would admit it. With his charge and retainer he traveled the country and he would accomplish his most sought out wish: power, by destroying Naraku.

Two days have passed by since his pack and he left the Western Lands and he was beginning to sense his half-brother... ‘Vermin' ...not wanting to deal with such worthless creatures he decided to make camp, to avoid the pest.
"Jaken, gather wood and set camp" he addressed his green imp, "Yes, milord" the creature responded evidence of fear and panic coding his brief words. Sometimes he wondered why he'd bother with such things, as Jaken... the imp then bowed and diligently, like an elf making toys, set up camp, while Rin amused herself with wild flowers.

"Sesshomaru-sama, what are stars?" asked Rin catching him off gaur, something she did frequently to his annoyance.

‘What are stars to a child, are they different to her than to this Sesshomaru or ...the miko?' He pondered this, while looking at his small charge of 9 summers; some adult teeth adorned her child face, long brown hair, and brown eyes, with a pink kimono, his human that brought light to his isolated life. Then he observed the sky with its distant lights, that held answers, hope, truth, and beauty, with their dark blue hues that draped around them.

"Rin, stars are lights" staring once more to his ward, he simple said and left.


Walking to a near by steam he was surprised to have not noticed the miko, that he had not see for a year casually sitting by the stream reading an odd scroll. She seemed older now, long ebony hair shinning like blue reached her mid back, healthy pink skin, longs legs, and soft looking women curves; everything that made her human ...and weak...Choosing to ignore her he continued and sat by a tree near the stream. Closing his eyes he began to meditate.

"Hello Sesshomaru, what brings you here?" the miko said looking at him, without fear much the same as she had the first time they crossed paths. Debating whether or not to answer he looked up at the sky, remembering the night so long ago, when they both wished...Mimicking him, the miko did the same, looking at her out of the corner of his eye he noticed.

"Beautiful aren't they? ... Lights of hope" she said barely above a whisper. He saw her eyes, her crystal topaz blue eyes for the first time...take a soft glow melting them to a beautiful sea blue, lips curling to a small smile softening her face. He agreed with her, stars, the only hope left for him to understand... and surpass his father.

"You have changed miko" he stated blandly, while staring at the sky. A peaceful silence fell, moon high in the sky, stars and clouds in a heavenly blanket and a cool breeze, as if whispering with the tall trees.

"I'm... just Kagome, Sesshomaru" she said meeting his eyes, blue against gold, before she smiled.

‘Just Kagome...' he thought turning his gaze once more to the sky. ‘This Sesshomaru would also always be just Sesshomaru...' However everything around him would always change but he would not. The earth would also change but it would still remain, like him it was timeless. In his world nothing ever seemed to be a just something. Yet with her...time seemed to stand still...things were different...it did not bother him or please him.

‘I wonder if she has found her happiness' he question but restrained from doing so out loud... "Hn" was all he said content merely to watch the sky. They both sat there enjoying life for minutes, time stopping, the earth glowing, and the stars shinning for two strangers with different shadows but with the same wish.

New Start by starfier
New Start

"Come on Inuyasha, I have to go home! My graduation is today!" she said irritably at the hanyou for having the nerve to try to stop her from going to her own graduation. Doesn't he know how important this was to her, and how much hard work it cost her to even be graduating?

"Kagome, we gotta find Naraku, and the stinking shards that you scattered in the first place, swinging your bow like an old hag instead of handing it over to me, so don't act like an idiot ‘cause you ain't going no where...besides your just making excuses for being a lazy girl" Inuyasha ranted at her blocking her path to the well, smiling smuggling thinking he had won the battle...but she'd hadn't given up, she'd make it to her own graduation one way or another, and if that meant one less hanyou in the world then she'll do it, anything to saver the moment of triumph when she finally has her diploma in her hand, after so many long late nights cramming for test. No sir, no Shards, evil, or ex-prince charming were going to stand in her way, she was a girl on a mission, and this time it didn't include saving the world.

"SIT BOY!! Why are you such a jerk? You have no say in my life!" she countered while running around him towards the well, she only had one chance, if she calculated correctly is she ran fast enough she'd be able to get to the well, it was perfect until she fell. ‘Ouch, great Kagome, why do you always have to be such a disaster?' she mumbled incoherently trying to recuperate herself, quickly getting up remembering her situation and purpose when suddenly a clawed hand gripped her by the waist and swung her over the shoulders. ‘Great, I'll never make it home now' She'd admit it wasn't one of her brightest plans, but it was worth a shot.

"Oh no you don't you dumb girl. We need ya' to collect the shards, and your not..."
He suddenly stopped and dropped her on the floor shielding tessaiga.

‘Ouch, what is he doing' she thought to herself. ‘That really hurt, just wait till I get up and he's dead meat!' getting up she froze slightly when she saw him...

Sesshomaru

Franticly she looked at Inuyasha growling angrily at his brother, then at Sesshomaru, staring at them blankly.

This is how she saw it: A. Sesshomaru was there to kill Inuyasha and get the sword, and maybe take a hit at her for fun, but it seemed unlikely since the brother seemed to have lost interest in the sword and them a while ago. B. He was just there to kill Inuyasha fro the fun of it, which seemed very possible as seeing as they weren't the best of brothers. C. He was just passing by to say hello, and fix their screwed up relationship with a civil conversation and hugs, which was ideal, but way unrealistic and dumb even coming from her, the queen of dumb and cheesiness. Or D. She. Had. No. Freakin. Clue.

"Sesshomaru what do you want?" Inuyasha asked through clenched teeth.

"This Sesshomaru has no need to state his business with the likes of you half-breed." The Great Western Lord sneered with obvious distaste.

‘Yeah he's probably here for plan B' she thought nervously, ‘what am I going to do?'

"You asshole don't try to act all high and mighty, if you're here for tessaiga you ain't getting it!" Inuyasha yelled angrily before charging into battle.

‘Oh why does it always come down to this' she sighed, focusing on Sesshomaru who seemed amused for some reason...

"The only bartered here is you half breed, prepare to die," he said calmly as if he was discussing the weather, easily dodging Inuyasha's attacks and unleashing his whip.

"INUYASHA!" She screamed horrified, not wanting to see her best friend get killed. She dropped her bag and picked dup an arrow lying in her quiver and prepared to shoot. ‘Sorry Sesshomaru' she thought releasing the arrow strait at him.

In a blink of an eye he disintegrated the arrow with this claws oozing brightly glowing green poison and turned his death glare at her, which scared the hell out of her. Those golden eyes, so different from the ones she had seen, the ones she had thought she knew, for at least a second, turned ones more into stranger's eyes. They were cold, deadly, and unsettling...as if they had never shared that moment...the moment in which she had felt at peace, it seemed like yesterday but those eyes, those heart stopping golden knives seemed to have destroyed that memory within them as if it had never happen...and it hurt her...

"Girl, my business is not with the half-breed" he said hatefully then turned around moving gracefully leaving her baffled.... ‘Then why was he here?' she questions quietly fro a second but it was none of her business as he had stated, so she shrugged it off.

"Kagome" Inuyasha called quietly turning toward her, golden eyes meeting crystal blue...no not golden...at least not the gold that she had seen moments ago...his eyes were more yellow...

When she faintly lost her train of thought and heard him swiftly say she should go home breaking off their gaze and saw him leave towards the village, leaving her even more confused. Grabbing her bag she looked one last time at the strange retreating guy and head for the well.

‘Dogs' why are they so confusing?' she grumbled walking through the forest not paying attention to her surrounding. ‘First they are all bark then no bite! Who gets them?' she kicked a rock reaching the wells clearing. ‘But whatever, they are so not my problem' she ranted sitting down on the wells railing getting ready to jump in and when she finally did she would of sworn she had seen a white figures shadow in the woods before been engulfed in the pink light.


"Mama I'm home" she said sliding off her shoes and heading up stairs to take a much-needed bath, for her well earned graduation ceremony.

"I miss does blue eyes how you kissed me at night...I miss the way we breathe...but I never told you what I should have said...after all the things we've been through I miss everything about you..." she sang her favorite song while slipping on her blue graduation robe and applying some use to her damp hair and putting on her black two inch heels and diamond stud earnings. With one last look in the mirror she put on her cap and headed down stares to depart with her family. ‘Better get thigh over with' she sighed.

"Kagome, you look beautiful! I can't believe my baby's all grown up!" Mrs. Hugarashi said taking pictures of her.

"Mama, no pictures remember?" Kagome said her cheeks tiring red. ‘Parents why do they insist of taking humiliating pictures 24/7?' she thought.

"Fine lets go before we're late then" her mom walked out the door fallowed by Souta, dressed for the occasion with a black tux and her mom with a simple knee length red dress...but someone was missing.

‘Grandpa' Kagome felt sad, her grandpa wasn't' with them anymore, he had left to meet up with... ‘papa'...both had left her alone...her grandpa had died last year of old age but she wasn't there when it happened. It hurt her a lot at first but she knew he was in a better place with her papa that had left her when she was six...

"Kagome you coming or what?" Souta asked from the door smiling proudly at her.

‘He's grown so much...and I've missed much of it' she thought sadly. Souta was nearly 5ft'7in tall, and not bad looking for a 16 year old. She had missed a lot... ‘grandpa's death, Soutas life, and mama....'

"yeah ... I am...I don't plan on missing out on everything anymore" she said walking out the door.


"Hugarashi Kagome" the principle announced her name, as she walked down the aisle to retrieve her diploma.

‘Finally, I never thought I'd get his with all the traveling and horrible grades!' she beamed happly making her way back to her seat.

The ceremony went on for an hour until it was done and everyone was allowed to go home. All her friends waved goodbye heading of to start this life's... ‘But when will I start mine?' she wondered.

"Sweetheart I'm so proud of you! Now you just have to worry about college!" her mom beamed cheerfully from the searing wheel.

"Yeah sis you finally get to live on your own, party, work and have fun!" Souta cheered from the back seat. ‘Typical kid' Kagome sighed.

"Yeah I guess you guys are right" she said looking up at the sky wondering what else the kami's will throw at her.

‘the stars are pretty tonight...magical...if only they would light my way...' she thought as they made their way home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok mama and Souta see ya later!" She waved goodbye and headed to the well quietly humming until she reached the mini-shed.

The thing that started it all, and the thing that will end it all. She never thought she could love and hate something so much at the same time. Because of the well she had met her friends, her love, and her enemies. Where she had her heart broken, life changed and matured to the 18 year old girl-women she was today.

Its wood, thorny and old, yet timeless, facing wars, disease, and more things then she will ever hope to know, but inside its treasure was hidden, a treasure and curse only for her. Her duty, her destiny... a place where she encountered her fears of self-pity, heights and death, all were slammed into her in 3 years. Things she would never trade, the lessons and memorize all packet in her head and in her heart.

But when will it be her time to truly live life, to actually feel love to accomplish her dreams of gong to college? She questions looking at the well as if it would suddenly start talking and explaining life to her... ‘.... Girl, get a grip of yourself! Life is life so you better get a move on before Inuyasha comes to get ya.' Her inner voice nagged and with that she jumped into the well and was surrounded by pink shimmering light. Never realizing what was planned for her, that her life was about to change, that day was her new start.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2108