Star Struck by KrissMeSlowly
Summary: By coincidence, Kagome meets singer/songwriter Inuyasha Takahashi on her summer vacation to Beverly Hills. She's used to her boring family vacations, but is promised a summer to remember by her friend Sango. Could she possibly become love struck by a big star? Or will her hated towards celebs prevent her from her summer to to remember? Based on the movie Star Struck
Categories: General, Romance, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 22765 Read: 23410 Published: 17 Apr 2013 Updated: 05 Jan 2014
Story Notes:
AN: To be blatantly honest, this is based off the movie Star Struck. So if you've seen the movie…you kind of already know how this is going to end. Of course, I am going to try to make this as much my own as possible. However, the plot is going to mostly follow the plot of the movie.

1. Chapter 1 by KrissMeSlowly

2. Chapter 2 by KrissMeSlowly

3. Chapter 3 by KrissMeSlowly

4. Chapter 4 by KrissMeSlowly

5. Chapter 5 by KrissMeSlowly

Chapter 1 by KrissMeSlowly

Chapter 1

The final bell of the day rang signaling the end of freshman year, "Guess I did it…I finally survived being a high school freshman." Kagome said to herself as she packed the remainder of her belongings from her locker into her school bag. She sighed and ran her fingers through her silky black tresses.

"Hey Kagome!" Sango, her best friend's voice bellowed from down the hallway. "So, do you have any special plans for the summer?" She asked,

"Not really," Kagome answered, "Just the usual summer beach house in Beverly Hills. You know my father gets a time share down there…"

"I don't know why you always seem to bored with the fact that you spend summers in California! You have like, an eighty percent chance of meeting a movie star…honestly, I'm jealous of your rich ass!"

Kagome rolled her eyes, "I'm not rich…and, well…I guess I'm just not all that into meeting celebrities. There's more to life than that. When we go to Cali, half the time I just go to the beach and read a good book. I've never had a real adventure not that I was looking for one either."

Sango shook her head at her friend, "You really need to burst out of that antisocial bubble you live in. It's honestly a buzz killer. What you need to do this summer is go to Hollywood half naked and catch the eye of someone rich and famous!"

"That's not what I need to do…it's what you want to do." Kagome responded while finally closing her locker door and heading out of the school building with her friend.

You could see the fascination inside of Sango's eyes at the thought of getting to travel and meet someone like that. "Well of course I would want to. That is like, every girls dream! But since you actually get to live it, I will live my dream through you, Kagome."

Kagome had an impulsive idea, "Why don't you just come with us…?" She asked her dear friend.

Sango burst out into laughter, "That's funny; the day I could afford a trip like that would be the day pigs fly…"

"I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind paying your way. Besides, we already have the beach house, you can share a room with me, of course. And the house is paid for, all you would need is air fare and my parents wouldn't mind paying. You're practically family, Sango. Once I persuade them…they're sure to let you come along!"

The two girls decided to slowly walk to Kagome's house together to try and come up with a convincing story as to why it was important for Sango to tag along with Kagome's family to California. Before they knew it, they were in front of her Parents presenting their case.

"So you see, mom and dad, I never really enjoyed our trips to Cali because, dad's always working and mom, you're always off doing something that doesn't interest me. I'm stuck in the house watching TV, or on the beach just sitting in the sun. If Sango comes, it will be much more enjoyable for me. She can keep me company, and we can go out and do girl things. I don't have any friends in California that can do stuff like that with me…"

Sango chided in, "And, I already asked my parents. They're totally cool with me going if you guys are. We don't do anything during the summer anyway. So, instead of me being here alone and bored, and Kagome being eons away, bored…we can be together, and both have an awesome summer."

The two rested their case and stood silently before Kagome's parents waiting for an answer with their fingers crossed. Kagome looked at her father with pleading eyes, "I promise I won't ask for anything else for the rest of the year. Except for my birthday…and Christmas! Please….?" She begged.

Her parents looked at each other, and then back at Kagome and Sango, "Fine…." Kagome's mom answered. "If it will get you out of the house and doing something to actually enjoy your summer vacation, why not."

"No way!" Sota, Kagome's younger brother yelled down the stairs. "It's bad enough I have to put up with Kagome all year! Now I have to put up with her and her friend all summer!? Double the girl germs! Don't do this to me, mom and dad! I thought you loved me!"

"Oh, poor Souta, stuck in a house with two girls all summer. Oh, how will you ever survive?" Kagome mocked.

Souta just stuck his tongue out at his sister and ran up the steps. "This is going to be the worst summer ever!"

-X-

After hours on an airplane, Kagome, her family, and Sango finally landed in LAX. The airport was packed with people that all seemed like that were in a rush to get to one place. There were screaming girls everywhere and camera flashes going off ridiculously.

"Ugh, here we go…" Kagome said nonchalantly,

"What do you mean?" Sango asked.

"It's LAX, the main airport in California. There's probably some celebrity either getting on, or off their flight here and all these fan girls are here with the same hopeless dream of getting a photo or autograph from that person. It's sad really…because the celebrity, whoever it is, won't ever remember them once they leave. I pity all the girls that waist their life chasing celebs." Kagome answered in a very monotone voice, like this was everyday activity.

"Oh, wow. You really are a vacation buzz kill, Kagome. Getting noticed by celebrities can be fun. Regardless if they remember you or not. The thrill is the fun part."

All of a sudden, fan girls started running and screaming through the airport as a mod of body guards started descending a flight of stairs. They were in the form of a circle, most likely to protect whoever was in the middle.

"Who do you suppose it is, Kagome?" Sango asked.

Kagome shrugged her shoulders. "Who cares…."

"Inuyasha Takahashi, we love you!" Sango heard from a distance, "Inuyasha Takahashi…? The new pop singer! Oh my gosh, is he here!?"

"Don't become a zombie, Sango. You will make me regret bringing you with me…"

"C'mon Kagome, can you honestly say you don't think he's good? He rose from the bottom in like two seconds! He's really good! I want to meet him if he's here!"

"He's okay…" Kagome said with a very annoyed look in her face, "Look, our cab is here and my family is leaving rather you are with us or not."

Sango sighed and decided not to pursue Inuyasha like the rest of the fan girls in the air port.

The entire ride from LA to Beverly Hills, Sango stared out the window in amazement at all the scenery. "California is so beautiful, Kagome! How can you be so miserable being here? I don't even know if six weeks is enough to do all the fun things there is to do here!"

"We come every summer; I've done it all…at least twice."

"Stop being such a negative nelly!" Souta shouted from the seat behind the girls. "It's getting extremely annoying!"

"He's got a point Kagome; your vacation will only be as fun as you make it. You're fifteen…there has got to be a tone of stuff to do!"

Kagome merely rolled her eyes and popped her ear buds in and cranked up her iPod. "Whatever…" She said.

"Don't worry Mr. and Mrs. H, I'll make sure Kagome breaks out of her shell this summer!"

Kagome's parents chuckled, and after that, all was quiet for the rest of the cab ride. When they finally arrived at the Higurashi Beach house in Beverly Hills, Sango was actually pretty disappointed in the house in front of her. She was expecting some big Beverly Hills estate. But this was just like a regular house…just near the beach. Kagome walked her friend inside. Once inside the house, Sango who view on the beach house changed. It was beautiful, porcelain floors and stairs, glass tables and expensive looking furniture. Sango was afraid to walk too hard or touch anything in the event she may break it.

"This house is amazing…" She said,

"Eh, it's Okay…" Both Souta and Kagome said simultaneously.

"Y-you two are kidding…right?"

Kagome started walking upstairs, "Our old beach house was better…c'mon, I'll show you my room." She said and Sango fallowed suit.

The two girls came to a door to the far end of the hallway and Kagome kicked the door open. The room was huge, with sea foam green walls and pure white carpet. The bed was a queen sized water bed, and the ceiling was made out of mirror. There were two windows in the room that were wall sized with sheer green curtains, that Kagome was opening to let some light in. There was a dresser and vanity inside, and a huge closet.

"This…is your room," Sango bellowed.

"Yea, when we had to switch houses I told my parents I wanted the biggest room in the house. Since my dad is always working and my mom is always off doing her own thing, letting them have the master just seemed like a waste. So, they treated me. They have the second biggest room in the house, and then Souta has the smallest. But even Souta's room is a decent size."

Sango shook her head, "I am so jealous of you Kagome! Here you are living a dream life and you don't even appreciate it."

"I just don't really care about stuff like this." Kagome laid on her bed and started flipping through a magazine that she picked up at the airport. Meanwhile, Sango started unpacking some of her clothes.

"Aren't you going to unpack…?" Sango asked.

"No, I have enough clothes in my closet and drawers already. I just bring more clothes in case I want more options. But since I barely do anything, I guess that was pretty redundant."

"Listen to me Higurashi," Sango said jumping in her friends face, "You and I are going to make this a summer to remember!"

Sango's move startled Kagome and made her drop the magazine. On the back of it was an ad for a new teen night club that was opening up for the first time that night in LA. "Starting with this!" Sango said, "You are I are going to this party tonight." She shoved the ad in Kagome's face.

"No way, I don't do parties…or crowds of people!" Kagome protested.

"Look, you're going! You're fifteen; you're hot…start acting like it!"

"I'm not going to that party…"

Four hours later…

"I can't believe, I am at this party…" Kagome said with her arms crossed, trying to cover her heavely exposed chest. She couldn't believe that Sango talked her into the party…and got her in the outfit she was wearing. Tight silver leggings, with a see through black shirt and black bandeau with black heels to match. "I want to go home, now…"

"No way! You look great, and you are going to have a really good time." Sango replied, the doors should be opening soon. So just hold out a little longer. I promise it's going to be worth it." Sango was wearing black leather shorts and a pink crop top with black leather thigh high boots. Her hair was also pulled back in a ponytail, whereas Kagome just left her hair down.

Kagome rolled her eyes and started patting herself down to find her cell phone. She knew any form of entertainment was better than just standing in a line she didn't want to be in, with a bunch of screaming girl that were gossiping about a special guest appearance by the club owner's, daughter's, boyfriend. "Hey, Sango…I think I dropped my phone somewhere. Can I borrow yours to try and find it?"

Sango pulled her phone from out of her bra, "Sure…do you want me to come with you?" She asked.

"No, I'll be fine. Besides, if we both go…we'll lose our place in line. You stay, I'll go. If I'm not back before the club opens, wait for me outside. I'll be right back." Kagome said,

"Um…okay," Sango wasn't sure if she was okay with letting her friend roam the streets at night alone, but if she said she would be right back, then she believed her.

Kagome retraced her steps from the moment she and Sango were dropped off. "Where is it?" She said to herself while looking under different cars. "If I lost that phone I'll never get anything nice until I'm thirty." She pulled out Sango's phone and started calling her own, from a distance, she could hear her ring tone, but it was really low. Kagome started walking in the direction she heard it coming from and saw it laying on the ground in front of the door to the back of the club. "There you are!" She let out a sigh of relief while running over to the phone.

"I never agreed to that! You should have asked me first, Kikyo!"

"B-but, baby…c'mon. It's the opening night. Please…for…"

"No! I'm out of here!"

Kagome could hear voices coming from behind the door, but she wasn't paying attention. Especially when the sound of footsteps got closer and closer, and before she knew it, the heavy, metal door swung open and hit her from behind, knocking her to the ground.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry…are you okay!?"

"Ow…" Kagome said while pushing herself to her knees and rubbing the back of her head.

"Do you want me to get help?"

Kagome looked up and saw the person that was talking to her was none other than Inuyasha Takahashi. Her face fell into a scowl, "No thanks, I'm fine…no thanks to you!" She snapped, spitefully.

"Inuyasha! What do you think you're doing? You're just going to leave Kikyo's party like…well, hello?" Another guy poked his head out the metal door and saw Inuyasha on the ground with Kagome. "What happened here?"

"Shut up Miroku, and help me, help her up…I accidentally hit her."

Miroku raised an eyebrow, "You…hit her? What the hell did she do to you, man?" He bellowed, while taking one of Kagome's arms, whilst Inuyasha grabbed hold of the other.

"I didn't just walk up to her and hit her in the face! She was behind the door when I opened it and got with the door." Inuyasha answered.

"Oh man…this is bad. You're looking at a potential law suit this early in your career! How could you let something like this happen?"

"I'm sorry; I don't interview doors before I open them to know who may be on the other side!"

"Shut up, both of you!" Kagome yelled, gaining the attention of both guys. She also snatched her arms away from them, "And let go of me, I don't need you guy's help!"

"But…you do need a doctor to look at your head. Come with me, I'll take you to someone that can look at that for you." Inuyasha said to her.

"I can't just leave; my best friend is going to be looking for me. And I have her phone, so it's not like she can call me!" Kagome said.

"I'll go find your friend, what does she look like? I'll tell her what happened and tell her that you'll meet her back home." Miroku offered.

Kagome thought about turning the offer down, but her head really was pounding and she probably did need to see a doctor. "Fine…" She said while showing Miroku a picture of Sango and said that she should be waiting for her outside the club. After that, she was guided by Inuyasha to a huge, black Lamborghini. She got inside and still rubbed her head, Inuyasha got in the driver side and revved up the engine.

"I really am sorry for hitting you in the head…" He said,

"You should be. You did it…" Kagome answered.

"Okay, what's your deal? Do you not know who I am or something?"

Kagome chuckled sarcastically and face him, "I think the better question is, if I care who you are? Because, I don't! I don't like you!"

If he wouldn't be putting his own life in danger by hitting the breaks in the middle of the street, Inuyasha would have. "How can you say you don't like me? You don't even know me…"

"Yea I do…Teen singing sensation, Inuyasha Takahashi. Psh, big deal…ask me if I care?"

"You still don't know me. You know my name…you know my profession, but you don't know me. From the moment I tried to help you, you've just been being completely rude! And, I'm trying to help you…"

"No, you're trying to help yourself so I don't go to the police and sue you for everything you have…or just started to get. Please, I don't want your money…"

"So, what do you want from me?"

"I want to you take me to this doctor…and then take me home, then…we can both forget that we ever met each other." Kagome snapped.

Inuyasha shook his head, "Say no more…"

-X-

"Okay Miss Kagome, it looks like you have all you have is a slight concussion." The doctor handed Kagome a small vile with tablets inside. "Take two of these, once in the morning and once at night every day until the bottle is gone, and you should be just fine."

Kagome nodded her head. "Thank you," She said. "Hey, you and Inuyasha look a lot alike, are you related."

"Unfortunately, he's my half-brother…"

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha came bursting in the examination room, "Do you have car here I can barrow?" He asked, seemingly in a panic.

"Nothing that you could bare to be seen in." He answered.

"Great, can I barrow it!? You can keep my car for however long you want!" Inuyasha said while practically throwing his keys at his brother.

"What's going on?" Kagome asked, while holding ice on her head.

"Paparazzo…everywhere, all in the waiting area. I don't know how they knew I was here! But I cannot leave in a car that they would suspect I could be driving!"

"Why do you always find ways to wrap someone else in you and your personal problems?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Look, I'm serious! I have to take this horrible little monster girl home! The last thing I need is for someone outside to be taking her picture."

"Who are you calling a horrible girl!?" Kagome chided.

"If it weren't for the girl, I'd make you walk right out there with all the paps, and their cameras." Sesshomaru answered and pulled a set of keys out his lab coat pocket. "Take the back stairwell, it will lead you to the employee parking lot. You'll find my car, and I'm sure no paparazzi will be down there. You should be fine."

"Thanks!" Inuyasha said while grabbing Kagome by the arm and dragging her out of the room and down the stairs.

"Inuyasha, slow down! I can't even keep up with you! Why are you in such a hurry!?" Kagome yelled.

"Shhh! Be quiet, and just keep running!"

"But, why!?"

"Shhhhh!"

When the two of them finally reached Sesshomaru's car, Kagome's eyes widened at the shock of how beat up and run down it looked. It was a grey, old, boxy looking Toyota with rust in certain places, peeled paint, and a missing headlight.

"This is what we're driving?" Kagome asked.

"Look, don't complain…this is the only option right now. Get in!" Inuyasha said.

"I-is this thing even safe!?" Kagome cried.

"Probably not, which is why it's driven by a doctor…look, get in! We need to get away from here before the camera people start wandering!"

Kagome quickly contemplated, but decided to just get in and Inuyasha zoomed out of the parking lot unnoticed.

"Do you mind explaining to me what just happened?" Kagome said.

Inuyasha peeked at me, "That depends…do you mind telling me what I did to make you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you…" Kagome rolled her eyes, "I'm not exactly a fan of you…but, that's beside the point."

Inuyasha's phone rang and he answered it. "Hello? Oh, mom…wait? Tonight…? But, I though…" He sighed, "Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Something wrong…?" Kagome asked, not really caring. She just felt it was the civil thing to do.

"No, but um…we might have to make a stop before I take you home."

Kagome rolled her eyes, "Why!?"

"I uh, sort of…forgot I have to be at this dinner thing at my house. I thought I could get out of it by going to the club opening tonight. But since I'm not there…I'm obligated to be at this dinner."

"And, how long is this going to take?" She asked getting very irritated.

"Not long, maybe about thirty minutes…one hour tops."

She crossed her legs, "What else do I have better to do?"

With that note, Inuyasha changed routs and started going in the direction of his Hollywood mansion.

-X-

It was already past midnight, and Kagome knew that the club had closed by now. But Sango hadn't called her yet. Not even to see if Kagome was okay. She really wondered what was going on with her friend, but Inuyasha said he spoke with Miroku, and that Sango was with him. What they were doing…he had no idea, but they were stalling until they could get the girls back together.

Finally, Kagome and Inuyasha pulled up to the high gates of Inuyasha's home. There were giant T's on the gates that obviously stood for Takahashi. After the gates opened, Inuyasha drove inside and parked in front of the house not even bothering to turn the car off. He knew someone would be around to take care of the car soon. He and Kagome stood outside the front door for a moment before he unlocked the door. "Okay um…when I open the door, you'll see a swivel staircase, you need to jet up the stairs before anyone can see you. When you get to the top of the steps, three doors down on your right is my bedroom…"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why does it seem like you need me to hide somewhere? What's wrong? You embarrassed to be seen with me? But it's okay for you to chauffer me around all night? What the hell!?"

"No…I just…ugh! Look, there is this big event going on at my house. I have to perform a song for a number of different important people. My house is going to be filled with paparazzi. It's not that im afraid to be seen with you. I take pictures with fans all the time. But walking into my house with a girl that is not my girlfriend…well, that is just asking to stir up some gossip. I'm trying to protect you from that! The pap's…they don't stop! So just go upstairs into my bedroom and just hang out there for a minute until I come and get you…"

"And then you'll take me home?" She asked nonchalantly.

"Yes, yes! I'll take you home right after. I promise! No more detours."

Kagome sighed and gave him a look, "Fine…"

"Okay, on three…one, two…three!" Inuyasha opened the door and Kagome ran up the stairs and did just like Inuyasha had told her to do. Meanwhile, he went in another direction and met up with his mother and father that seemed to be waiting for him. Kagome could see the big crowds of people all through his house from the top of the steps. Of course, there was too much going on for anyone to look up the stairs to even bother noticing her.

"This has been…an eventful night," Kagome said to herself while walking to the room that Inuyasha said was his. When she opened the door, there really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The room was red and white all over with a plain, nothing special bed. His room did have a balcony though. Kagome noticed some lights coming from outside and decided to be nosy and see what was going on. When she stepped on the balcony, she heard singing; a soft singing and an electric keyboard melody ringing through the air. Kagome looked down and saw Inuyasha sitting in front of a keyboard singing front of a large group of people. The song he was singing had a very calm, warm feeling that came from it. She closed her eyes and just let the song fill her up. When Inuyasha was done singing, Kagome was slightly saddened. She had no idea he could sing like that.

Kagome continued to spy on the goings on of the party underneath her. She saw Inuyasha being congratulated, most likely on the song he just performed. Judging by what she saw from a distance, he really didn't see like that much of a bad guy. But, he was a celebrity, and pretty soon her Cinderella moment would be over. It wasn't even like she was enjoying it…that much. Without realizing it, she started smiling, but softly. At that same moment, Inuyasha looked up at her, noticing a long time ago that she had been watching him from the balcony. He saw her smiling at him and he sent a quick smirk right back at her. Kagome gasped and her eyes widened, quickly, she ran back inside the room and sat on the bed. Her face was heating up…did she and Inuyasha just share a silent flirt?

Not much longer, did he come in the room and started changing his outfit. Kagome, feeling a bit awkward that she was in the room with him while he was changing his clothes decided to turn in the opposite direction of her. Her action didn't go unnoticed by Inuyasha, "You know…for a grouchy wench, you're kind of cute." He said.

"I am not grouchy!" Kagome turned around and snapped at him, but her face heated up at the sight of a topless Inuyasha and she immediately turned back around. 'Get a hold of yourself, Kagome! Why am I getting so flustered!?' "Um, so…when are you going to take me home?" She asked.

"Whenever you're ready." Inuyasha answered standing by his bedroom door in a completely different outfit.

Kagome turned around and saw him in a white V-neck and basic pair of jeans, with grey and black sneakers. "Why did you change your clothes?" She asked as he lead her out of the room and back down the steps. They went out of a different door than they came in.

"Because, all the pap's here saw me in that outfit and know what I'm wearing. I changed to try and throw them off a little. Normally, Miroku and I would just switch clothes, but since he's with your friend, I don't really have that option."

Inuyasha led Kagome into a dark room with a heavy echo, "Where are we?" She asked and Inuyasha clapped his hands twice. The lights came on and Kagome realized she was standing in a giant garage filled with expensive cars.

"Pick one…" He said.

Kagome raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me…"

"You want to go home, right? Might as well go in style, right? Pick a car…I'll take you in whichever one you like the best."

"No! I'm not picking your car!"

Inuyasha shrugged, "Okay, fine…we'll walk. Where did you say your house was again?"

"Beverly Hills!" She screamed.

"Oh, okay, no problem. We'll get there…on NEXT THURSDAY!"

Kagome rolled her eyes, "Oh my gosh, you are so irritating!"

"What exactly did I do to make you hate me so much!? This whole time I have done nothing but try and be civil to you, but you are making it very hard! Everything I do upsets you! You keep finding some reason to snap on me when I haven't even done anything wrong. The only fault I made with you is hitting you with that damn door! And hell, I've been paying for it ever since! To be quite honest, I can't wait to get you back home and out of my hair! You're a chronic complainer with a really bad attitude! You might have a pretty face, but you are horrible on the inside!" Inuyasha yelled in her face and unlocked the doors to the closest car to them. "Hurry up and get in the car, the quicker you're in…the quicker you're out." Inuyasha finished his statement and slammed the car door shut.

Kagome just stood dumb founded, but got in the car nonetheless. She had never been spoken to like that before. Honestly, it hurt…but in a way, all Inuyasha did was give back to her what she had been dishing out to him all night.

Inuyasha turned on the car and started his rout to Beverly Hills. Twenty more minutes of this girl and he could be done with her forever. To mask the how thick shield of tension between them, Inuyasha turned on the radio that coincidentally was playing his song at the time. He didn't feel like hearing his self, so he instantly turned it back off deciding that silence was better.

"Kagome…" She spoke up.

"What…?" Inuyasha said, not bothering to take his eyes off the road.

"My name…its Kagome."

Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders, "You're point?"

Kagome took a deep breath, "I-I…just don't want to remember me as a grouchy wench. That's all…"

"A little late for that, don't you think? Look, just be quiet and we can make both avoid making this ride worse than it has to be."

'Good job Kagome…you blew it. Perfect start to the worse summer vacation ever…'

Twenty minutes came and left in the blink of an eye and now it was too late for Kagome to try and make up for the she was acting all night. She saw Sango standing by the back door signaling for her to sneak in. She knew Sango must have covered for her, but despite all her complaining, Kagome wasn't ready to go home. She was finally given the opportunity to have an awesome summer vacation and she ruined it all in one night.

"Thank's…" She said while getting out of the car,

Inuyasha merely nodded his head, just informing her that he heard her. After she closed the car door, he shook his head in disbelief that someone so small could harbor so much anger. He started the car back up and started easing out of Kagome's driveway, but realized that a paparazzi truck was heading down the street.

"Damnit! How did they find me!? Fucking relentless!" Inuyasha turned off the car and ducked his head down and low as possible in his car seat. He eased over into the passenger seat and slipped out of the car and crawled across the grass to the backdoor of Kagome's house. He knew he was going to regret this later, but he softly knocked on the door. Inuyasha was sweating hoping that he could find somewhere to hide before the pap's circled back around and spotted him, or his car. Inuyasha knocked on the door again, "Kagome…" He whispered.

A few seconds later, Kagome came to the door, "What…?"

"Look, you don't like me…and I don't like you. But the pap's are on your block and I just need one little favor from you. Hide me somewhere and I'll be out of your hair and out of your life before the sun is even up in the morning."

Kagome crossed her arms and leaned up against the door post, "Why should I?" She asked,

"Look, I'll pay you! Just…please, please!" Inuyasha's plea was truly sincere and Kagome could see it in his eyes. Perhaps this was the gods way of giving her a chance to make up for her attitude from before. She ran her fingers through her hair and simply said, "Okay…"

End Notes:

AN: End of first chapter. And just as I said before, if you've seen star struck…you'll know pretty much hoe this ends. I think that movie was a really cute Cinderella type story and I just wanted to make it my own. I hope you all like it. Please R&R :)

-Kriss


Chapter 2 by KrissMeSlowly

Chapter 2

It was the next morning and Kagome had made it through her first night of many in California this summer. When she woke up, she noticed she was the only one in the bed and figured Sango had already gone downstairs for breakfast. So, without further delay, she got out of the bed, brushed her hair into a messy but and went into the bathroom to freshen up before going downstairs to join the rest of her family. Once in the bathroom, she washed her face and brushed her teeth while trying t process all the events that happened to her the night before. It was still too good to be true that she spend her entire last night with a celebrity…that probably hates her guts right now. But the even stranger part of last night’s events, is that, that same celebrity was now in her family’s shed out back.

“Okay Kagome, get a hold of yourself…yesterday is over and now it’s a new day. You’ll probably never see Inuyasha ever again except for TV. So, it’s time to get back to reality and try to make the most of this summer vacation.” She said to herself.

After the little pep talk she gave to herself, Kagome left the bathroom and went downstairs to find her mother, father and brother, as well as Sango all sitting at the breakfast table. A buffet off foods was spread out on the table with foods like bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal and other things.

“Good morning, Kagome!” Her mother said, initiating a conversation with her half-dressed daughter. Since Kagome decided to sleep in, she was the only person not fully dressed at the table, with the exception of Souta who woke up not too much earlier than Kagome did.

“Good morning,” Kagome replied. “Wow, you really went all out this morning huh, mom?”

“Well, it’s because I was not sure what types of things Sango would want to eat, so I just made everything.”

“Oh, wow! Mrs. H, you didn’t have to do all this for me. I like everything you make!” Sango cut in.

“So, how was that new club you girls went to last night?” Kagome’s father asked, averting the conversation o something else.

Both Kagome and Sango hesitated and looked at each other. Since it was late, they hadn’t talked to each other yet on a story in case this very situation came up. Sango was the only person at the club with that guy Miroku, while Kagome was off with Inuyasha…but of course they couldn’t tell her parents that.

“Oh…well, actually. It wasn’t all the great. You could almost say it felt like I wasn’t even there…that’s how boring it was.” Kagome said nervously.

“Yea, what she said…” Sango added.

Kagome’s mother raised her eyebrow, she knew that look teenage girls give when they aren’t tell you something. She used to give that same look. “What do you…”

“Aww man, no syrup!?” Souta cut his mother off completely making her loose her train of thought. Kagome knew she would have to thank her little brother for this one day.

“If there is no more in the cabinet, then you’ll have to go look out in the shed outside. You may be able to find some in there.”

Souta nodded to his mother, “I’ll just go look outside then…” He replied.

Not really paying attention to the conversation going on, Kagome spooned a mouth full of cereal in her mouth, before her brain registered and she spit it all out across the table. ‘Oh no, Inuyasha’s in there! What do I do?’

“Uh, don’t worry Souta! I’ll go look…I, uh…need something from out there anyway!” Kagome quickly said and stood up from her seat to chase her brother to the back door.

Souta gave his sister an up and down look, “Um…no thanks, I’m capable of walking across the yard.” He said to her while opening and exiting the house in rout of the shed. Kagome was hot on his heels trying to come up with reasons why he didn’t need to go and get the syrup. When the two reached the shed, Souta went to open the door, but Kagome closed it back before it was opened. “Kagome, what are you doing?”

“Who needs syrup anyway? Haven’t you heard too much sugar can be bad for you, little brother?” Kagome said cheerfully nervous.

“…I’m a kid, I like sugar.” Souta once again attempted to open the door, but Kagome closed it back. “Stop doing that!” He yelled.

“Make me? You’re like half my size…”

Souta hated when Kagome teased him, so he kicked her shin and made her move from in front of the door. “Ouch!” Kagome screamed while falling to the ground, “I’m going to get you back for this!”

Again, Souta opened the door, but with Kagome on the ground this time there was no one to obstruct the door. Kagome held her breath knowing that Inuyasha was now exposed and that she’s probably going to be in a world of trouble for the night before. But, her worries were put to ease when she realized that Inuyasha wasn’t there. Souta opened the door to a nothing out of the ordinary food shed. Inuyasha must have left way before now. In a way, it actually upset Kagome. She still never got the chance to properly apologize to Inuyasha. The way she acted was eating her up inside, especially since the persona he has of her isn’t actually who she is.

Once Souta got the syrup, the both of them went back into the house and finished their meal with the family. After dinner, everyone discussed their plans for the day. Kagome’s dad was going to work of course; Souta and Kagome’s mom were going to some arcade Souta said he wanted to go to. All that left was Kagome and Sango which…neither of them had any plans.

The two girls lay in opposite directions of each other on Kagome’s bed discussing what they should do for the day.
“We could drive to the malls and blow some money…” Sango suggested.

Kagome sighed, “Actually…I’m not in a shopping kind of mood. I’d rather read a good book.”

Sango noticed that her friend wasn’t acting like herself and decided to ask her why, “Kagome, what happened to you? What’s going on? Did something happen last night, and that’s why you’re so down?”

Kagome chuckled, “You always know what is wrong with me, Sango.” But the reason for my mood is my entire fault.” She explained everything that happened between her and Inuyasha, even the part about him being in the house the night before. Honestly, Sango was expecting some crazy out of the story books, fairytale type of night, but instead got just the opposite.

“Kagome, how could you be like that? Don’t you know who he is? You had the chance to have an amazing summer with him…but you pretty much made the guy hate your guts.”

“…thank you, Sango. Because, I didn’t figure that much out myself.”

“Oh, right…I’m really sorry that happened. But hey, we can still make this a great summer!” Sango got up off the bed and started sifting through some of Kagome drawers and pulled out a neon green and orange, bandeau styled swim suit and threw it at Kagome.

“Sango…what are you doing?”

“Put on the bathing suit…now!” Sango said aggressively, “We’re going to the beach…and we’re guy watching!”

Kagome furrowed her brows, “Y-you’re kidding me…right?”

“Do I kid, Kagome? Never that! Now…c’mon because we are going to Malibu beach!”

 “And…how do you propose we get there?” Kagome asked nonchalantly.

“With your mother’s car…duh, she and Souta are taking a cab to that arcade; and judging by your brother’s enthusiasm, they’ll be there all day. You and I will go to Malibu, have a little fun and be back before anyone even knows the car was gone.”

Kagome didn’t think the plan was the best idea…but what did she really have to lose? She already didn’t do much on her California vacations. If her parent’s home bound her until they go back to their actual home, it wouldn’t really affect her anyway. In fact, they’d be giving her what she wanted. So, she agreed.

-X-

The air was dry, the sand was warm and the salty sea water was refreshing. It had been ages since either Sango or Kagome relaxed the way they were doing just now. The two had only just gotten to Malibu, but the instant they stepped onto that sand, it seemed like nothing else in the world mattered anymore. Kagome was lying out on her towel reading a book while Sango splashed around in the water. Though Kagome had a bathing suit and full capability to go into the water, she just didn’t want to. Water wasn’t one of her favorite things in the world unless it was a shower. So, she was content watching her friend have splash fights with random guys that she met on the beach.

Several feet away from her, she noticed a male figure sitting in the sand. He was wearing a fishing hat and sunglasses, so she wasn’t quite sure if the person she was seeing was actually who she was seeing. But she recognized that outfit. “Hm…I wonder?” She said to herself while standing up and brushing some sand off of her denim mini shorts. Kagome was wearing just the swim suit top and her shorts to allow her skin a little vitamin D. She walked over to the person and stood behind him, blocking his sunlight.

“You know…you remind me of someone I met last night.” She said. But the person did not say a word of response, he merely shrugged his shoulders. That did not stop Kagome from trying to press a conversation with the guy. She sat down next to him and sighed, “I want to apologize for the way I acted to the person you remind me of…I know it doesn’t concern you, but…just getting this off my chest maybe enough since I’ll probably never see him again. If I were ever given another chance, I would like to start over again.”

Still, the male figure still continued to just sit and say nothing.

“I know I…I kind of messed up last night, and I know I’m probably the last person on earth you want to hear from right now, but…I’m really sorry for the way I treated you. Everything you did, was because you wanted to help and…and I was too ignorant to notice it. If you’re willing to start over…I am.” She finished then chuckled, “Who am I kidding…I’m pouring my sorrows out for a complete stranger. I’m sorry for wasting your time, sir. I’ll get out of your way…” Kagome started to stand up, but the guy grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down. “Um, let me go…sir.”

“Shhh!!!”

This was deja-vu all over again, the last time she was shushed was by… “I-Inuyasha….?” She said lowly.

Slowly, the guy pulled down his sunglasses low enough so Kagome could confirm who it was, but swiftly put them back on. “Please do not draw any attention to yourself, just sit back down and act natural.”

Kagome scanned her surroundings and saw that no one was watching the two of them. Granit, the beach she was on was a fairly smaller one. She and Sango decided a more subtle, quiet beach was more suitable. “Inuyasha, what are you doing here?”

He sighed and shrugged his shoulders, “After I left your house early this morning, I didn’t want to risk gong straight home in the even someone may have followed me. So, I came here…I come to this spot a lot when I want to be left alone. It’s quiet and peaceful…nice to just get away sometimes. I’m able to think here.”

Kagome nodded and then looked straight off into the ocean attempting to avoid eye contact. Especially since she pretty much confessed her inner feelings to the person they were meant for, which was not her intention. “So…how are you?” She forced out.

“I’m alright, could be better…could be worse. My phone died sometime last night though, so I haven’t gotten any of my calls. I guess that’s a good thing though, no phone means no one to track my movements and tell me what to do. I can actually just relax for a while…or at least until I have to drop back into reality. You’re really lucky for your life, Kagome…” He stated and then things got silent between them.

Kagome started playing with the sand beneath her feet and sighed, “Um…look, everything I said before, I meant. I really am sorry for last night.”

“I know,” Inuyasha turned his head to face her. “I heard your apology the first time.” He smirked at her.

Kagome’s face heated up at the smirk he swung her way, “Okay, well…um, I guess that’s it.” She said and started to stand, but once again Inuyasha pulled her down.

“Wait!” He said as he looked around and noticed some people with camera’s just standing around the beach. “What the hell, how do they always know where to find me?” Inuyasha started pulling the hat further down his head.

“Inuyasha, anyone with half a brain would know where to find you. You’re not that hard to locate.”

“Alright, I need another favor from you…do you have a car?”

Her eyes widened, “No…no way! Not going to happen, it’s my mom’s car…and I’m not even supposed to have it!”

Inuyasha looked really nervous, as the pap’s numbers started to increase and he wanted to get out before they noticed who he was. “Look, I’ll pay you! Five thousand dollars…I’ll give you whatever you want. I just need this favor…right now.”

“Keep your money,” Kagome said and held out her hand. “Give me your keys…”

He raised a brow, “What…?”

“If you’re taking my car, you can’t leave me here without one. C’mon…keys.” Inuyasha pondered that, and wondered if he should just take his chances with the paparazzi. “You don’t have much more time to think about this, Inuyasha.”

“Okay, okay…fine!” He hesitantly pulled out the key fob to his Bugatti and dropped them into Kagome’s hands.

Kagome examined the set of keys and nodded. “Hm, Bugatti…keyless start car, huh? No wonder the paparazzi found you here, what normal person would have a car like this? This would be fun to drive into a brick wall though.” She joked.

“Don’t play like that, Kagome! I love that car as if it was my child…don’t do anything crazy.”

Kagome stood up and started walking to her things, “Don’t worry…I’ll take good care of your baby.” When she got back to her and Sango’s belongings, Kagome pulled her mom’s car keys out of Sango’s bag and replaced them with Inuyasha’s. “I just hope he gets back with my mom’s car before my mom actually comes back home…” She whispered while making her way back to Inuyasha. “Here you go,” Kagome held the keys out to him and he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the beach parking lot before any pap’s noticed them slip off the beach.

Inuyasha was led to a lime green, Volkswagen beetle by Kagome. “Y-you’re kidding…this isn’t your car.” He said.

“Look, this is the best you’re getting…at least no one would suspect you would be in this car.”

A paparazzi van pulled into the beach parking lot, and a plethora of pap’s started to filter out the van. When Inuyasha noticed the numbers of them, he pushed Kagome to the ground. “Ow!” She yelled,

“Shhhh…” Inuyasha crouched down and scurried to the driver side and got inside the beetle car. Meanwhile, Kagome started to pick herself up off the ground when Inuyasha pushed open the passenger side and hit her with the door, knocking her down once more.

“Okay, you really need to stop doing that! That’s the second time you’ve hit me with a door!” Kagome yelled at him.

“Shut up, and get in!”

She furrowed her brows, “What…? Why?”

“Get in!!!!” He yelled at her and Kagome just did so in the heat of the moment. Inuyasha started looking through the glove compartment and the back seat of the car and found a pair of sunglasses and a head wrap. “Here, put these on, crouch down as low as you can…and hurry up!”

Kagome scurried, not really knowing what was going on. However, she put on the glasses and the wrap.  Then she scouted as far down in the car seat as possible while Inuyasha started up the car and slowly drove off the lot trying not to draw too much attention.

After about twenty minutes of driving in silence, Inuyasha started to rise from the driver’s seat allowing him to be sitting completely up. Kagome followed suit.

“Okay…what the hell was that!?!?” Kagome started screaming.

“Pap’s…cameras, everywhere. You didn’t see them…and I didn’t want them to see you. That’s why I pushed you down. Sorry about that though…if I hurt you, it wasn’t intentional.”

Kagome sighed and shook her head. Lucky for her, she had her cell phone in her shorts pocket…but everything else of hers was left on the beach. She pulled out her phone and dialed Sango’s number.

“Who are you calling!?!” Inuyasha bellowed sounding like a nervous wreck.

“Sango…what’s the problem?” She asked.

“Listen, you cannot tell her you’re with me. You can’t tell anyone. Okay? I’m serious Kagome…not just for my sake, but also for yours.”

“Why not? What is the big deal? She knew I was with you yesterday…she’s bound to figure something is up once she realizes the car keys she has aren’t the ones to the car we came down in.”

“Just…please! Don’t tell her.” He begged her.

Just then, Sango’s voice mail pick up and Kagome had no choice but to leave a message. “Hey, Sango…its Kagome. Sorry, I skipped out on you like that. I got a little bored at the beach and decided to take a walk around town. I didn’t want to ruin your fun so I’ll take a cab home. Please grab my stuff and bring it back to the house, I’m going to take a cab home . I didn’t want to walk around with my beach stuff. I’ll see you later, thanks…” Then she hung up the phone and took a deep breath while taking off the head wrap and scarf. “So…what do we do now?”

“Well, we’ve got some time to kill before the paparazzi starts to die down. How much of Cali have you actually seen since you’ve been here?” He asked.

Kagome thought for a moment, she had been coming to California every summer for fifteen years and never actually went sightseeing.  “Not much…” She answered.

“Well then, next stop…Hollywood.”

-X-

Back on Malibu beach, Sango had finally gotten out of the water and parted ways with her beach buddies. “Hey, Kagome…” She stopped mid-sentence when she noticed Kagome was no longer there. Sango looked around wondering if she had wondered off, but Kagome was nowhere in sight. “Where did she go?”

Sango pulled out her cell phone from her beach bag and proceeded to call Kagome when she noticed she had a missed call from her, as well as a voice mail. She put the phone to her ear to listen to the message.

‘Hey, Sango…its Kagome. Sorry, I skipped out on you like that. I got a little bored at the beach and decided to take a walk around town. I didn’t want to ruin your fun so I’ll take a cab home. Please grab my stuff and bring it back to the house, I’m going to take a cab home. I didn’t want to walk around with my beach stuff. I’ll see you later, thanks…’

“Ugh, really…you left me here? Some friend.” Sango mumbled while packing up all the stuff and walking to the beach parking lot. A bunch of camera men showed up and the beach get really crowed so Sango decided it was time to leave. Especially since it had been several hours and she knew Kagome’s mom and brother should be getting back to the house soon. She had to beat them there. When she got to the lot, she looked around for the green car but it wasn’t anywhere to be found. She took the car keys out her bag and attempted to press the panic button in order to locate the car, but the whole set of keys was different. “What the…?” She pressed the panic button on the car keys in her hand, and the alarm for a fresh, black Bugatti went off in front of her. Sango’s eyes widened, “Oh…my…” She turned off the alarm and unlocked the doors and began going through every drawer and door attempting to figure out who’s car it was that she was now inside of. Inside the glove compartment, Sango found insurance and registration papers for the car that read that the owner was Inuyasha Takahashi. “No way…” She whispered to herself while thinking back to the voicemail Kagome left her on her phone. ‘I got a little bored at the beach and decided to take a walk around town.’ “Kagome you little liar…” She laughed.

-X-

Kagome and Inuyasha had spent nearly the entire day together, and Kagome was having so much fun that she didn’t even realize how much time past. The two were off sight-seeing in Hollywood, they did a little light shopping where Inuyasha treated her with a simple charm bracelet with a charm of a dog on it. Now, they were sitting on the edge of the mountain that the big Hollywood sign sat on watching the sunset.

“This has been a truly amazing day,” Kagome whispered to herself whilst taking a sip of a Slurpee she had gotten when they were in town.

“I have to agree,” Inuyasha replied. “You’re not as bad as I thought you were…”

Kagome raised an eyebrow at him and lightly slapped him on the arm, “Are you ever going to let me live down how bratty I was to you? I apologized to you already.”

“Yea, I know…but, if your showed me how sweet you were from the beginning, you wouldn’t have had to. What did you have against me, anyway?”

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed, “There wasn’t anything about you specifically…it was your social status. You’re so big…and I thought your ego was going to be big too. A lot of celebrities get like that when they get a little taste of fame. I didn’t want you to think I was going to fall all over you because you were a big star…”

“That’s understandable I guess. But…I’m really not like that. I mean, of course I like my fan attention. But I also like to just kick it with a good and trust worthy friend every now and then. I’m sure you can understand that.”

Kagome nodded her head and pulled out a disposable camera she had gotten off a cart in the city before they came to the mountain. She sat closer to Inuyasha and held the camera up to snap a picture of the two of them together. “Say, best summer ever!” She said and they both snapped some silly pictures together and just laughed and enjoyed each other’s company.

After the sun had set, Kagome and Inuyasha got back in the car and began their rout back to Kagome’s house so she could face her mom on the reasons for the stolen car. Kagome had been mentally preparing herself for the blow up she was in for as soon as she stepped foot into her house and just decided it was best to enjoy her day while she still had it. The entire ride back to Kagome’s house, they did not speak but through the silence, Inuyasha and Kagome knew what the other wanted to say. Every so often one of them would glance over and the other and flash a grin. Usually when Inuyasha did it, Kagome would begin to blush like a school girl running into her crush.

Forty-five minutes of driving seemed to have flown by as if it were two and Inuyasha had pulled up into Kagome’s block. He pulled into Kagome’s garage without making too much noise. Both got out of the car and stood on the sidewalk facing the other not really knowing what to say.

Kagome looked at the ground finding it more interesting than Inuyasha, and he in turn kept looking around in an attempt to avoid eye contact. “So…this is it, I guess. We um…part ways huh?” She asked.

“Uh…yea, I guess so. It’s time I got back home anyway…I’ve been out since yesterday. I need to get inside and wash shower and stuff. Come back to reality. It’s been fun though; I had a great time with you today.”

“Right…same here.” Kagome replied while sticking her hand out for a shake, “Friends…?”

Inuyasha took the hand and answered, “Friends.”

Chapter 3 by KrissMeSlowly
Chapter 3
“How DARE you steal my car, Kagome!? What were you thinking? I am absolutely disgusted with you right now! You could have gotten yourself hurt, or even worse…KILLED! You don’t even have a driver’s license, nor are you old enough to even drive for that matter! I have never been more disappointed in you than I am right now! You stole my car, left Sango stranded on a beach in an area she in unfamiliar with, but, unlike you, she attempted to make friends who were kind enough to give her a ride back here. AND above all else, you disappeared for several hours and think it is okay to just walk in AFTER MIDNIGHT! You are fifteen years old, Kagome! When your father gets home, I’ll let him decide what your punishment will be. I can’t even think straight right now. I want you in your room and out of my site for the rest of the night!”
Kagome hung her head in shame during her mother’s entire lecture. She had never been spoken to like that by her mother in her entire life. If only she could explain to her mom what really happened…but, nothing justifies the fact that the car was stolen in the first place; and that she and Sango were not old enough to drive. So, she decided it was best to just leave the subject alone. “Yes, mom” She said, and started her decent to her room where her best-friend was waiting for her.
“You really messed up this time, sis…” Souta said to her from the top of the steps.
“Shut up!!” Kagome yelled and ran into her room and slammed the door shut. “It’s not fair…none of this was my fault!” She whispered to herself as she slid down the door to the floor and sighed heavily.
“Are you alright, Kagome?” Sango’s voice rang in Kagome’s ears from over by the bed.
“At the moment? No, but I’ll survive…”
Sango stood up from the bed and walked over to where her friend was sitting on the floor. “I’m really sorry you got yelled at like that. It was all my fault, I’m the one who suggested taking the car…”
“Yea, but I’m the one who got involved with…I mean, never mind” She stopped remember her promise not to tell Sango that she was out with Inuyasha, though by now she probably already knew. After all, she had his car the entire day…speaking of the car, “How exactly did you get back to my house today, Sango?”
Sango chuckled, “Funny you should ask that. While you were off spending your day with Mr. Inuyasha Takahashi…I took the liberty to be an annoying fan girl and go to his house. I found the address on the registration papers to the Bugatti you two left me with. When I got there…his friend, Miroku was in the house and spotted me. First, I was drilled about why I was there and how I got there…but after that conversation was over, Miroku and I talked a little bit in Inuyasha’s car…then he drove me back here. I didn’t think it would be a good idea to just drive Inuyasha’s car back here and have it sitting in the drive way when you parents got back since I didn’t know how long you were going to be out with him. When your mom came home, she was suspicious. I tried to cover…but I couldn’t lie to your mom’s face about the missing car. I’m sorry…”
Kagome just starred at her friend blankly, “So, you already knew who I was with?”
“Well, I kind of figured it out. I mean, it’s not every day a Volkswagen turn into a Bugatti. I just hope it was worth it…what did you guys do? Did you have a romantic outing, like in the movies? Did he sweep you off your feet and call you his princess?”
“You sound like a crazy person, Sango…and no, he didn’t do any of that. We went into town, did a little site seeing, and took some pictures. Oh, “Kagome raised her right arm and showed Sango the charm bracelet on her wrist. “He also got me this. But that was it…nothing special. It was a pretty chill day. But, I’ll admit, he is a lot different than I expected him to be?”
Sango smirked, “So…does that mean that you two are like…dating?”
“Dating!? No way! We’re just…friends I guess. Nothing more, he’s nice…but I don’t see him as boyfriend material. He’s a big Hollywood star, and I’m just an upper-middle class girl from Japan. It would never work.” Kagome said almost as if she was letting reality settle in on herself, rather than Sango.
“News flash Kagome, number one, you are here every single summer. Number two, you are going to be here for six weeks…that is plenty of time to get close to Inuyasha, even if it is for a short while; and number three…Inuyasha Takahashi is FROM Japan. So, there is no doubt that he can’t find some time to come and visit his home land.” Sango said.
Kagome stood up from the floor and started walking to her dresser and pulled out a fresh pair of underwear, a black bra, and some yellow and black batman pajama pants. “Why are you so convinced that Inuyasha and I have a chance? First of all, he has a girlfriend, she is that club owner’s daughter…”
“Of the night club he never sang at, you met him at, and by some mere chance has found some way to be around you ever since? I think its fate…something is meant for you two.”
“Do you listen to yourself when you talk Sango? Or is it like word-vomit?” Kagome asked while walking into the bathroom attached to her room. “Anyway, I’m going to take a shower and get out of this swimsuit…I’ve been wearing it all day.”
“I’m telling you Kagome…it could happen.”
“Yea, yea…whatever you say, Sango.”
-X-
“Where have you been all day son? You didn’t call, your phone is off, and you have been missing since the party? You had us worried sick!” Inuyasha’s father, Inutashio said has Inuyasha ate sat at the bar in his kitchen and ate a bowl of ramen noodles.
“Look, sorry for not calling…but, I’m seventeen…I don’t need your approval for everything. I just needed a minute to disappear and clear my thoughts.” He said while slurping up some noodles.
“We heard that you skipped out of Kikyo’s party. Her father is very, very displeased at you for walking out on her, on her birthday.”
“And…and care about that because…?”
Inuyasha’s mother, Izayoi shook her head in disappointment, “She is your girlfriend, Inuyasha. How could you just embarrass her like that? Her guests, and normal club goers were all expecting a performance…and you just walked out. How do you think that makes her look?” She said.
Inuyasha rolled his eyes, “I really don’t care about how it makes her look. That is not my problem, no one asked me if I was going to sing for her. I was just expected to…that was why I didn’t do it.”
“You don’t need to make Kikyo and her father your enemy right now! Her father knows a lot of important people. Making them hate you, could really become bad publicity for you! Do you really want to lose everything we have all worked for!?” Inutashio yelled at his son.
Inuyasha threw the porcelain bowl of noodles to the floor, “What the hell does everybody want from me!?” He yelled and stormed out of the kitchen and out of the house while simultaneously dialing Miroku’s phone number. It was well after two in the morning, and he wasn’t even sure if his friend was even still awake.
“H-hello…” A groggy Miroku answered the phone.
“I’m fucking pissed!” Inuyasha bellowed loudly into the phone.
“Well, can you tell me about it in the morning? I’m sure you’ll still be pissed at a godlier hour.”
“What kind of friend are you!?”
“The kind that is nice enough to answer his friend’s phone calls in the middle of the night…”
Inuyasha hit a sharp turn, and his tires skidded on a streets. Miroku heard the rubber of the tires melt into the street through the telephone.
“Are you seriously driving at this time of night, Inuyasha!? Where the hell do you think you’re going? Have you lost your mind!?”
“I don’t know where I am going….I just felt like driving. I needed to get out of my house. My parents piss me off! Apparently, it’s wrong for me to have 24 hours to myself when living Hollywood life!”
“Well, I mean, in their defense…it’s really not too safe for you to be walking around in public alone. There are crazy fans…and paparazzi who life to ruin careers.”
Inuyasha skidded at another corner and honked his horn as he ran through several red lights. “Look, whatever, I can make my own decisions when it comes to my life!”
Miroku sighed on the other end of the phone. “Well, maybe they aren’t the best decisions. I mean, was it really a good decisions to give your car keys to a random girl while you go off and hand out with another random girl!? Your new little girlfriends, friend came to your house yesterday after find the address in your car because you decided it was a good idea to leave your keys with her.”
“Great…now she knows where I live.” Inuyasha let out an irritated sigh.
“Yea, and you are lucky she isn’t a crazy fan girl because you could very well be having to move to another house if she let your address go viral.”
“Look, I don’t need another lecture, I got enough of that from my parents. I’m just going for a drive…I’m not going to fall off the face of the earth, alright!?”
“Just, be careful…and don’t do anything that could give you unnecessary attention.”
Inuyasha heard what Miroku said, but decided not to respond. He hung up his cell phone and did 90 off into the night.
-X-
It was the middle of the night, and Kagome still couldn’t get to sleep. She had been up since her father came home and yelled at her even more than her mother did. The whole scene played over and over again in her head. Her parents hated her guts right now, for sure. She was grounded for the rest of the summer, and not allowed to go anywhere that wasn’t with the family. It really sucked that she couldn’t tell her parents exactly what happened...though, it probably would have only made matters worse for her. So, she decided it was best to just take her punishment and move on with life.
*tap…tap…tap*
“What was that?” She whispered to her friend Sango, who was already fast asleep next to her and didn’t hear her.
*tap…tap…*
There it was again, Kagome slowly slid out of her bed and looked around her room to see where the noise was coming from. At the same moment, she saw a small pebble hit her wall sized, sliding-glass windows. “What the hell…?” She whispered, as to not wake Sango.
Kagome walked over to the window, slid it open and walked onto the small balcony that it led to. She looked down into her back yard and saw Inuyasha. Instantly embarrassed that he was looking at her in no more than a bra, and pj-pants. She covered her exposed chest with her arms. “Inuyasha, what the hell are you doing at my house, and at this time of night? Don’t tell me the paparazzi followed you here and again, and you need a place to hide.”
“Nah, I just got into it with my parents and needed to get away from them for a while…”
“You got yelled at too, huh?” She asked, letting her chest go and using her arms to lean over the gate of her balcony.
“More, or less…anyway, get dressed and come down.” He said.
“No way…I’m already in hot water with my parents for coming in so late. I don’t need to add, sneaking out to my record too.”
“C’mon…I’m not going to have you out long, I’ll bring you back before the sun comes up. Besides, you’re already in trouble…how much more can you get into?
Kagome thought about it for a second, and he did have a point. There wasn’t much more trouble could she actually get into? She was already grounded…what more could they do? She smirked, “Alright…give me five minutes.”
In those five minutes. Kagome threw on a green half-top and a pair of light-denim mini-shorts. She also threw her hair into a side pony tail, and grabbed some basic, black leather flip-flops. When she returned to the balcony, she threw her flip-flops to the grass of her back yard, and contemplated how she was going to get down from the balcony.
“Just jump…” Inuyasha said, “I’ll catch you.”
Kagome’s eyes widened at the thought of possibly falling to her death, but she had a rush of adrenaline from sneaking out that allowed her to climb over the fence, and jump toward Inuyasha. He caught her of course, but the force of the impact, caused him to lose his balance and fall backwards resulting in Kagome straddling on top of him. They both looked into the others eyes, Kagome’s face heated up and she threw herself off of him in shock.
“I-I’m so sorry…I didn’t mean to.” She said.
Inuyasha chuckled, “Don’t worry about it…I kind of enjoy that position.” He joked.
Kagome rolled her eyes and picked her shoes up off the ground. “That was so inappropriate...”
“Calm down, I was just kidding. Let’s get going, don’t want to waste too much time here now do you?” He held his hand out to her.
Kagome gave him a side-winded look because of his comment before, but took his hand nonetheless and followed him off into the night.
-X-
The two drove around for a while before arriving at a lake with a beach not too far from Beverly Hills. Inuyasha lit a fire, they both shared a blanket he kept in his car just for nights like this when he stayed out.
“So, how much trouble did you get into because of me?” Inuyasha asked her feeling kind of bad that he dragged her into his crazy lifestyle.
Kagome sighed deeply, “A lot…my parents just don’t understand; and now…they don’t trust me at all. My mom doesn’t want to look at me, my dad is furious, and I’m grounded until the end of the summer. I’m not allowed to go anywhere unless it’s with my family. I shouldn’t even be out right now…but, I guess it doesn’t matter at this point. I’m already out, and can’t go back in time and change my decision.”
“Are you at least glad you came out with me tonight?”
She turned her head and looked at him, “Yea…I am. It beats sitting up in my bed all night. I couldn’t sleep. All my parent’s yelling just played in my head like song on repeat.”
Inuyasha placed his hand on top of hers, “I’m sorry for getting you into so much trouble. If I could take it all back, I would. I was just trying to protect you from the cameras.”
Kagome moved her hand from his, “Can I ask you something? Why did are you trying to protect me so much? What is the big deal if someone takes our picture? Are you embarrassed by me or something? We’re just friends after all, right?”
“I’m not embarrassed by you. Honestly, it’s not like that at all…I just don’t want to subject you the life that I live. You already said to me yourself that you don’t like celebrities. And, I kind of like being around you…I don’t want you to stop liking me because I’m the reason people follow you around all the time.” He stopped for a second, “But, I guess in doing that…I’m causing you problems at home.”
Kagome could feel the atmosphere getting hot and heavy, she jokingly shoved Inuyasha into the sand and stood up and ran. “Try and catch me if you can!” She yelled running in the direction of the lake water.
“Oh, you are going to pay for that one!” He yelled back and started running after her. Inuyasha quickly caught up to Kagome and picked her up and ran into the water and dunked her under.
When she came up for air, she splashed him several times. “You are so immature!” She yelled.
“Says the one that pushed me, face first into sand and runs away!” He said while picking her up by her waist making it impossible for her to keep splashing him. “I had to get you back for that.” Inuyasha said rather seductively.
Kagome could feel her body beginning to heat up, despite the cold temperature of the water they were in, and the breeze going by. Without realizing, she wrapped her legs around his waist, and her arms around his neck. The look on her face softened, and as did his. Inuyasha’s grip on her waist loosened, and he began hugging his arms around her waist holding Kagome closer to him.
“You don’t have to worry about me getting into trouble for being with you…I don’t mind. I just want to be able to spend as much time with you as I can before I go back home in the next six weeks. I don’t mind being a secret…I just want to be able to see you.” She said while leaning in, and placing a chased kiss on his lips.
Unbeknownst to the two of them, a man with a camera had been following Inuyasha since he stormed out of his house hours ago, and had been taking pictures of both Kagome and Inuyasha since he picked her up from her house.
-X-
It had been about four days since Kagome had last seen Inuyasha, and other than her bring grounded, life seemed to be back in place. Inuyasha had been back and forth between recording studios and public appearances for the past few days, so he hasn’t had any time for her. And, since Kagome was grounded, she hadn’t had her phone, or even left the house since then.
Kagome was sitting in the kitchen eating blueberry pancakes and drinking orange juice when her best friend came running into the kitchen almost in a panic. “Kagome, you’re on TV!” Sango screamed.
Kagome raised an eyebrow, “What are you talking about Sango?” She said while taking a sip of her orange juice.
Sango turned on the small television in the kitchen and turned to some celebrity gossip channel which featured a picture of her and Inuyasha kissing in the water. Kagome saw the picture on TV and all her orange juice came flying out her nose. Thankfully from the angle of the picture, you couldn’t see Kagome’s entire face; just her cheekbone and lips. “When was that picture taken!?” She screamed while listening to the story on TV.
“Certainly a new raven haired beauty has caught the attention Hollywood, and the heart of our favorite pop singer. But, the question is…who is she, where did she come from, and where is she now? Inuyasha Takahashi himself has yet to make any comments on who his new mystery girl is, but, this is certain to become one interesting story as his is still supposedly tied to girlfriend Kikyo Hongo, whom he stood up at her very own birthday party. Could his mystery girl be the reason for this? Keep watching, and we shall soon find out.”
When the gossip show went off, Sango turned off the TV and turned to Kagome who looked as if she had just seen a ghost. “Start talking…” She merely said, breaking Kagome’s trance.
“I need to go find Inuyasha, like NOW!” Kagome got up from the table and started scurrying out of the kitchen when Sango grabbed her arm and spun her around to face her.
“Do you really think that is such a good idea? You were just on a celebrity talk show…sure, only half your face was in the picture, but if you go out looking for him, the person who took that picture could be out there. Obviously there is someone out there that knows exactly what you look like. And, who is to say that there aren’t more pictures out there? The one the TV could just be the one they decided to advertise. Plus, you’re also grounded. It wouldn’t be in your best interest to leave the house.”
Kagome snatched her arm from Sango’s grip, “I was grounded when the picture was taken, so I really don’t care about getting into trouble. I have to talk to, Sango!”
-X-
Inuyasha and Miroku were sitting in a recording studio looking through the several pictures of him and Kagome that had surfaced all over the internet. It was only a matter of time before they found out her name and her face was all over tabloids. This was exactly what he was trying to avoid.
“How could you let this happen, man? I told you NOT to do anything that could have negative effects. That girls very life is about to be disrupted!”
“I don’t know how this happened, I was so careful. It’s the damn paparazzi! They never fucking quit! It had to have been like four in the morning when these pictures were taken. How was I supposed to know they would still be lurking at that hour? This is exactly what I was trying to avoid happening to her.”
“I just hope all you’re sneaking off and disappearing was worth it. Because once her face in is the papers…they’re never going to leave that poor girl alone.”
“I just feel so attached to her, you know? I don’t want to subject her to this kind of life, Kagome is different, and she’s real…and honest. I just can’t do this to her.”
Miroku patted his friend on the shoulder, “Well…I wish you all the luck in the world.”
Just then, Kikyo came bursting through the doors of the recording studio. Upon hearing her come in, Miroku slammed the laptop close so she wouldn’t see the pictures. “Why hello there Kikyo…” Miroku said politely.
She gave him a sarcastic smile, “So…what’s all this talk I hear about you standing me up at my party because you were off with your other girlfriend? Who is she?” Inuyasha went to answer her question, but, Kikyo cut him off, “Don’t answer that. Is she another celebrity? Is she more famous than me?” She said sarcastically.
Inuyasha furrowed his eyebrows, “N-no…she’s not famous at all.”
“Exactly, so…why are you wasting your time with her?” Again, Inuyasha opened his mouth to answer, but Kikyo cut him off again. “Don’t answer that either. Listen, I’m done with this. It’s been fun…but clearly it’s time to move on to bigger and better things. Well, in your case, I guess it’s lower things. But hey, we can still be friends, okay? So, you can have fun with your new little commoner girlfriend…in the meantime, I have a date with Kouga Wolf.
Inuyasha had a confused look on his face, “Are you breaking up with me…?” He asked.
“Uh huh! See ya!” Kikyo said a little too chipper and quickly left the two boys dumb founded in the recording studio.
“Uhm, Okay…” Inuyasha said, still not fully processing the fact that Kikyo just dumped him. “Feeling a little dumped.”
“Who cares!? You’re a free man! All you gotta do now is go deal with the Kagome situation. Then, everything will be good!”
“Right…”
-X-
Later that night…
Kagome really hoped that Inuyasha would find some time to visit her soon. It was getting pretty lonely in her house. The only times she was allowed out was for family events which didn’t happen often, because her father was always working. Since that night she snuck out, the only time she left the house was the one night her family went out for dinner. Sango also wasn’t much company either, since she would still go out and hand out with people she met around town and site see. It kind of sucked, because Sango was part of the reason she was grounded anyway.
At the current moment, Sango was out doing some site seeing with her little brother, while her mom went to tan on the beach, and her father was as usual…at work. The house was rather quiet, and all she really wanted to do was just go out with Inuyasha. She didn’t care where. As long as it got her out of her house for a little while.
She sighed, “Where are you, Inuyasha…?”
Just as she said that, a pebble hit the window of her bedroom and smile smiled as she walked over to where the shine of the sunset was coming through. Kagome opened the window and walked out to her balcony. “Hey, I was just thinking about you…I’m glad you came.”
“Can you come down? We need to talk.” Inuyasha said with a serious look on his face.
“Yea, of course. My parents aren’t here…so I don’t have to jump off the balcony. Give me a minute, I’ll be right down.” On that note, Kagome grabbed her bag, and descended the stairs of her house and walked out the backdoor in her kitchen which led to the backyard. Instantly, she threw her arms around him, and he reluctantly hugged her back knowing what he was about to do was going to be harder than he thought.
“Come with me…” He said when they parted from their hug. And he led her out to the front of the block her house was on.
“Where is your car?” She asked, noticing it wasn’t in her driveway.
“It’s parked on the corner of your block.” Inuyasha answered rather lifelessly.
The two started walking down the street towards the direction of where Kagome assumed his car was. “Where are we going?” Kagome asked full of excitement on whatever adventure he was going to take her on, and the thrill of sneaking out was coming back.
“We aren’t going anywhere…but, I am.” Inuyasha said before letting out a long held in sigh.
Kagome stopped walking, realizing the tone of Inuyasha’s voice. “What’s wrong?” She said.
Inuyasha didn’t turn around to face her. “T-this…needs to end.”
Kagome felt as if her heart was going to fall out her butt, “What needs to end?”
He finally turned around and looked her in her eyes, and you could see the anguish all in his face. This was hurting him probably a lot more than it was hurting her. “This, us…we can’t see each other anymore. It was a mistake for me to get involved with you, and I want to make things right before they get worse. In case you didn’t know…someone saw us that night at the lake. There are pictures of us all over the internet, and soon to hit tabloids. I told you that I don’t want to subject you to that kind of life style…so I can’t be seen with you anymore?”
“But why!?” Tears began to roll down Kagome’s face. “Why can’t you be seen with me? So what if someone takes a picture of us. What more damage can be done? Obviously the world is already going to know who I am anyway. That can’t be changed. So, what is the big deal at this point!? Why are you so willing to just throw me away because of a few stupid pictures? What is so bad about it!?”
“Because I’m Inuyasha Takahashi…and you’re just an ordinary girl!” He yelled at her.
Kagome gasped, and more tears flowed down her cheeks. “Y-You are embarrassed by me…you said you weren’t, but you lied. I was right about you. Your ego is just as big as your status in Hollywood. Well fine, if that’s the way you want it…then go! I never want to see your face again!”
Her words hurt, but he knew his probably hurt her just as much. “I will, but before I go…I need that camera from when we were out in your mom’s car…and that charm bracelet I got you.”
Kagome shot him a look of pure disgust. “You want my camera…and bracelet?” She said as her blood began to boil.
“Yea, it’s best if you don’t have any evidence that could link you to me.” He answered not wanting to see the face she was giving him.
Kagome ripped the bracelet off her wrist and threw it at his face. “You can have your stupid bracelet!” Then, she began digging through her bag and found the disposable camera from the other day and threw it to the ground and stepped on it, causing it to shatter into three pieces. “You can have this broke ass camera too! Because, I don’t want to remember you. It’s like you said, it was a mistake to get involved with each other.” Kagome sniffled and wiped some tears from her face. “Do you want to know what’s the worst part about falling for a guy that you know you’re not meant for? …You start to fall anyway because you hope that he might turn out to be different than you though. But, I guess I was all wrong. Goodbye, Inuyasha…” On that note, Kagome ran back up the street to her house and slammed the door shut.
The entire scene was filmed by some camera men hiding in some of Kagome’s neighbor’s bushes.
AN: Well, that’s the end of the chapter. I’m sorry I fell off the face of the earth with this story, as well as the Golden Paintbrush. I would go into a long explanation as to why I suddenly just fell off the face of the earth, but it’s not worth going into detail. Anyway, since I was absent for so long…I figured I owed you a decently long chapter. Sorry if it seems a tad rushed. But, it’s not a whole lot to work with since I am going off the plotline of the movie. Though, as you can tell…I have changed a lot.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it. Please write me reviews, I love reading your opinions. Good or bad.
-Kriss
Chapter 4 by KrissMeSlowly
Chapter 4
“Kagome Higurashi…your wavy, raven-haired mystery girl.” Inuyasha’s agent, Bankotsu said through the television screen he was being projected on in the living room of Inuyasha’s house.
“What about her?” Inuyasha answered with an irritated look on his face. He, his parents, and Miroku were all sitting in the living room during the video call with Inuyasha’s agent.
“You two sure have stirred up quite some publicity in the past two weeks.” Bankotsu said while holding up a picture of Kagome running away from Inuyasha when he broke up with her a few weeks ago.
“Is this conversation even necessary? I haven’t seen, or spoken to the girl since that photo was taken. So, what is the point of this?”
Bankotsu’s face faltered into a more serious one, “The point is that the media isn’t going to stop until they have a story on who this girl is, where she came from, and now because these pictures have surfaced, the bigger question is why Inuyasha Takahashi has become a heart breaker. This affair of yours has gone public, and is the talk of Hollywood…and not in a good way, I might add.”
“He’s right, Inuyasha-” Miroku chided, “Have you seen some of your fan pages since that day? Most of it hasn’t been too good.”
Inuyasha’s mother tried to rub his shoulders to ease some of the tension. “Who’s side are you even on, Miroku!” Inuyasha shot at his so called, best-friend.
“I’m on yours! I’ve always been on your side, this whole time, I’ve been covering your ass this whole time you’ve been off with her!” Miroku shouted back.
“Enough of this inconsequential arguing!” Bankotsu yelled through the television screen, “Bottom line is that you have to make this girl go away, or you can kiss your fame and your name goodbye!”
“I’ve already broken up with her, I don’t talk to her...what more can I possibly do!?” Inuyasha was growing tired of everyone blowing this situation way out of proportion. Why was any of this having the effects that it was?
“I’m glad you asked me that question, because you see, I have arranged for you to make an appearance on the Sandy Williams show tomorrow afternoon where you will have to opportunity to clear up these new rumors, of your past love.” Bankotsu said putting an emphasis on ‘past love’.
Inuyasha furrowed his eyebrows while processing what his agent was really asking him to do. “You want me…to lie on Kagome!?” He asked, “There’s no way I could do that! I’ve already crushed her heart…if I deny her like that, it will only crush her spirit as well!”
“Look Inuyasha, she’s just one basic girl…the world is full of others just like her. But at the moment, you don’t need a normal girl on your hip this early in your career. You need to surround yourself with people who can continue to lift your career up. Then if you choose to date ordinary girls, so be it. But, at the moment…you need to make this one disappear.” Bankotsu looked at Inuyasha sternly from through the screen know that he had finally gotten through to his client. “I have nothing further to discuss with you, be at the Sandy Williams studio tomorrow at noon. You go live at 1:30, have your story straight and believable.”
After his last few words, Bankotsu signed off leaving the Takahashi’s and Miroku to discuss the game plan for the next day.
-X-
Things at the Higurashi vacation home weren’t doing much better, since Kagome and Inuyasha’s break up a few weeks ago, Kagome had lost her whole will to enjoy her vacation. Not to mention, she had become a prisoner in her own home. Since the media had finally found out where she lived, it was nearly impossible for her to go any farther than her block, with or without her family.
One good thing that had come out of all of this though, is that her parents let her off the hook for the car. But, Kagome only figured it was because they felt so bad for her being so much in the public eye lately. Her parents never once asked her why it all started happening though since it was clear that Kagome didn’t want to talk about any of it. Not to mention, she had been down in the dumps for the past several weeks.
“This whole thing just freaking sucks!” Kagome screamed to herself as she read yet another article of lies about her and Inuyasha that surfaced the internet. However, it wasn’t the article itself that upset her so bad. It was all the comments from Inuyasha’s adoring female fans that got to her the most. “It’s the same shit every time! This girl is so ugly. She’s such a whore. I hope she dies!? What the hell! None of you even know me!” She yelled while slamming her laptop shut and burring her face into the pillows on her bed. “Meanwhile, I’m the idiot with the broken heart…”
Kagome gripped the sheets trying to force back the tears that were threatening to fall down her face for the millionth time in the past two weeks. “I never asked for any of this, but no one cares about how any of this affects me…?”
“I do,” Sango’s voice came from the doorway of Kagome’s bedroom. “C’mon Kagome, you can’t continue to let this get to you. Don’t give him the satisfaction of making you a prisoner in your own home.”
“What do you care...” Kagome didn’t bother lifting her head from her pillow to face her friend.
Sango walked over to the bed and sat next to Kagome and began stroking her hair. “I care because you’re my best friend, and I partially feel responsible for all this even starting. None of this would have happened if I didn’t drag you to that night club that night you met him.”
Kagome finally sat up, and wiped the tears from her face. “That wasn’t your fault; you were just trying to help me enjoy my time here while I had it. I should be thanking you for that. Besides, it’s not like you knew I was going to lose my phone, then get hit in the head by the biggest player in Hollywood.”
The two girls sat in silence for a short moment as Sango tried to think of something she could do to cheer up her friend. “Hey, wipe the egg off your face and get dressed. Put on something nice, it will make you feel better.” Sango said with enthusiasm
“For what?” Kagome looked at her friend suspiciously.
“We’re going to shopping in town. This is Beverly Hills, one of the shopping capitals in America, and I promised you were going to enjoy this vacation. I intend to keep my promise despite your little break up. Who needs a superstar boyfriend anyway when you have a best-friend?”
Kagome raised an eyebrow, but smiled right after nonetheless. Sango was right, why should she sit in the house and sulk when Inuyasha was out having living a normal life? “Alright, sounds like a plan.”
-X-
“Are you still thinking about him, Kagome?” Sango asked while looking at her friend across the round table of the coffee shop they were sitting at.
After several hours of shopping, Kagome still had a frown on her face, and didn’t seem too into their shopping spree either. Sure, an expensive pair of Jimmy Choo sunglasses can put a smile on a girls face for a few minutes, but it was true that money can’t buy happiness. Kagome was still as depressed as ever.
Kagome sighed, “I can’t help it…everything just makes me think about him. All the billboards and posters, his face is everywhere-” She took a deep breath and sat a tabloid magazine on the table that she had grabbed during their shopping spree. “And so is mine.” The picture on the front page was yet another photo that was taken that night she was on the lake with Inuyasha. This one being of the two of them cuddling together by the fire.
‘Welcome to the Sandy Williams show, I’m your host Sandy with a very special guess joining us this afternoon! Please give a warm welcome to number one recording artist of this generation, Mr. Inuyasha Takahashi!’
“Huh,” Kagome’s conversation with Sango was interrupted by the television that was playing in the coffee shop she and Sango were sitting in. Of course, it would be some talk show featuring the one person whose face she’d rather not see at the moment.
‘Now Inuyasha, I was told that you are here today to clear up all these crazy rumors about you and your new lady love. So, tell us, who is she? We are all dying to get the inside scoop on you two!’
“K-Kagome, we can leave if this is going to bother you…” Sango tried to break her friends concentration that was now 110% on the TV screen.
“Shh…” Kagome waved her hands in Sango’s face indicating that she wanted her to stop talking.
---
“Tell us Inuyasha, you have the floor. When did the two of you start your little fling? And was it before or after your relationship ended with Kikyo Hongo?” Sandy asked with a big unsettling smile on her face.
Inuyasha scoffed on the big red arm chair he was sitting in across from Sandy Williams feeling incredibly uncomfortable looking into her eyes. “Well, there really isn’t a whole lot to say about it because it was never a fling. Not recently anyways…” The words flowed smoothly from his lips.
Sandy raised an eyebrow and leaned closer into Inuyasha, “What do you mean, not recently?” She asked.
Inuyasha chuckled, “The girl from all these pictures that have been surfacing is nothing more than a blast from my past. The pictures are old, and she’s old news. Ironically enough, she happened to be in this area during the time all this stuff started making headlines. Of course, that only made the stories more interesting. But, I haven’t even spoken to her other than when she tried to rekindle the fire a few weeks ago. I tried to let her down lightly, but she took it pretty hard.”
“So, the picture of her running away from you in tears-”
“Where from when I had to set her straight that what we had before can never be anything again. I have a feeling she only started reaching out to me because my music is becoming popular.” Inuyasha said while nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders.
“So, you think she was just trying to gold-dig?”
“More or less, I mean, I really don’t know what her intentions really were…but I know that me and her will never be together again. It’s as simple as that.”
“And all the other pictures of you two kissing and cuddling-”
“Old,” Inuyasha interrupted. “The only picture that is recent is the one of her crying. And, that’s all there is to tell about that story.”
---
‘Well, you heard it here first guys, from the man himself. Inuyasha is single, and I’m pretty sure ready to mingle. Stay tuned, and we’ll be right back with a special performance by Inuyasha Takahashi.’
“I-I can’t believe he would say that…” Kagome whispered feeling tears form in the corners of her eyes.
“Kagome, don’t let it get to you…he’s a jerk! You don’t need to waste your tears on someone like him!”
“Hey look, it’s the girl from all the pictures!” A random person from inside the coffee shop said causing all eyes to now turn to Kagome, which was the exact opposite of what she needed at the moment. All the people in the shop got up from their seats and started to bomb rush Kagome and Sango at their table. The whole ordeal terrified them both.
“Get all your bags, and let’s get out of here!” Sango yelled over the people as she grabbed her friend’s wrist and started dragging her out of the shop. The two ran for about eleven blocks before they got away from all the crazy people that were chasing the two of them back. They had to cut a few corners, and even come in through the back door to Kagome’s house.
“I can’t go on living my life like this, Sango! It isn’t fair! How come he gets the liberty to go off and make me look like the bad guy and I just catch wind of all his lies!? It’s not even like I could go on some talk show and say anything differently, so it’s his word against mine!” Kagome screamed as she threw all her shopping bags on the floor of her living room.
Souta, her younger brother, was in the living room watching TV when the two of them came in the house completely out of breath, and Kagome having a conniption. “Well, maybe this will teach you to sneak off with famous people, sis!”
“Shut up!” Kagome screamed at her younger brother. “It’s none of your business!”
“Well, when you have people with cameras constantly standing outside the front door, it becomes my business, and everyone else’s in the house! Besides, it’s probably for good reason he dumped you since you’re always biting people’s heads off!” Souta yelled back at her, and then ran out the living room and up the stairs to his room.
“Well, who asked your opinion anyway!?”
“Uh, Kagome…? Souta wasn’t kidding when he said there were people outside the house.” Sango said while looking at the petrifying site from outside the peephole of the front door.
“What are you talking about, San-” Kagome’s words were cut off when she looked out the window and saw what looked like 40 camera men standing on her front lawn and driveway. “What the hell is all this!?” Kagome yelled while closing all the blinds and curtains to her house.
“I guess the comments Inuyasha made on that talk show has something to do with this. There has always been one or two people trying to sneak a picture of you since the two of your broke up…but this is ridicules! Isn’t this borderline harassment?” Sango asked while moving away from the front door.
“My parents are going to blow-up when they get home and see all this!” Kagome sat down on her steps and buried her face into her knees and arms. “Why is this happening to me?”
“Have you tried talking to Inuyasha since he broke up with you?” Sango asked.
“Of course not! He broke my heart, and said some incredibly mean things to me! I never want to see him face again, and I don’t want to talk to him! He is a jerk that I should have never wasted my time with. Everything I thought about him before was right!”
Not much later did the front door open, and Kagome’s mother and father returned from where ever they were in a sudden panic. “What is all of that out there!?” Her father asked while slamming the front door closed and latching every single lock.
“Apparently my new entourage,” Kagome said sarcastically while standing up and walking up to her bedroom with Sango hot on her heels.
“You can’t keep running from this, Kagome!” Her mother yelled up the stairs after her.
“Yea, well I’m going to keep running until I find something better!” Kagome slammed her door and flopped on the bed.
Sango was eating a bag of chips on the floor that she had stashed away somewhere in the bedroom. “I’m telling you Kagome, you can’t keep letting this boy get the better of you. You’re a human being, and you deserve better than him.”
Kagome grabbed the remote from off her night stand, and hit a button that caused a flat screen to slowly descend from the ceiling. She hit another button, which made the screen come on.
“U-um, how long has this giant TV been in here?” Sango said with her jaw nearly to the floor. She had been with the Higurashi’s for nearly three weeks and had no idea Kagome had a TV in her ceiling.
“It’s more than just a TV, but…it’s always been in here. I just never use it.” Kagome answered while flipping through the channels to get to MTV
Ironically enough, she got to the channel, they were playing back Inuyasha’s interview on the Sandy Williams show from earlier.
“The girl from all these pictures that have been surfacing is nothing more than a blast from my past. The pictures are old, and she’s old news. Ironically enough, she happened to be in this area during the time all this stuff started making headlines. Of course, that only made the stories more interesting. But, I haven’t even spoken to her other than when she tried to rekindle the fire a few weeks ago. I tried to let her down lightly, but she took it pretty hard.”
“None of that is true you big liar!” Kagome yelled at the TV.
“K-Kagome, maybe watching this isn’t the best for your blood pressure at the moment?” Sango tried to ease the frustrations of her friend that were quickly building up.
“I have a feeling she only started reaching out to me because my music is becoming popular”
Tears started falling down Kagome’s face again, as a hard scowl formed on her lips with fire burning in her eyes. “I just can’t believe he had the nerve to so causally say all that stuff! He’s such an ass hole! And I can’t take it anymore!” She screamed and threw her remote across the room. Kagome jumped off her bed and ran out her room, and down the stairs towards the door.
“Kagome, what are you doing!?” Her mother asked while Kagome began twisting the knob to open the door and face the crowed of paparazzi waiting for her outside.
“I’m settling this madness once and for all! I can’t take this!”
Sango came down the steps, “Kagome, don’t make this harder on yourself-”
“I’m not! I’m ending it!” Kagome yelled and opened the door, and was met with millions of flashing cameras, microphones, and video cameras all pointed at her.
“Miss, Miss, tell us about your relationship with Inuyasha Takahashi!”
“Is everything he said on the Sandy Williams show today, true?”
“Tell us your side! We only want the truth!”
Kagome rolled her eyes at that last statement, “You don’t want the truth, all you want is a story! You take a normal person, and turn them into your own little reality show! You build people up as a celebrity, just so you can tear them down in public! Why, so you can sell magazines and TV shows? I hope you all know that is really sick, and selfish…and Inuyasha Takahashi is just one example. He’s talented, and is becoming successful…he has all the things a lot of people only dream of having. But thanks to all of you he’s had to give up some of the best things in his life like freedom, privacy, relationships...honesty. So congratulations, you’ve created a celebrity…but you have wrecked the human being inside!
“Did you get all that?” A woman with a microphone glued to Kagome’s face asked someone with a video camera, “I have one more question for you, who is Inuyasha Takahashi…really?” She asked Kagome with a wink.
Kagome raised an eyebrow at the women completely disgusted with her and everyone else on at her front door. “Who is he? I don’t know! The Inuyasha Takahashi that you are all so obsessed with, and think I have a relationship with…I promise you, I NEVER met him, and I wouldn’t want to!” On that note, Kagome went back in her house and closed her door and locked it.
---
“Who is he? I don’t know! The Inuyasha Takahashi that you are all so obsessed with, and think I have a relationship with…I promise you, I NEVER met him, and I wouldn’t want to!”
Inuyasha starred at his TV screen with an indescribable look on his face. He was genuinely hurt by what Kagome had just said about him, but he knew her words were nothing compared to his on the Sandy Williams show earlier that day.
“Congratulations Inuyasha, you finally got her to lie for you. But, was it worth it?” Miroku asked as he turned the TV off in the huge living room where they were both sitting, and eating popcorn,
“Please don’t start with me, Miroku. I’m not in the mood for your shit right now.” Inuyasha answered with anger in his voice.
“I promise you, I’m not trying to piss you off. That was a legitimate question. But, what has me the most confused about this is…didn’t like that girl, because she was so honest?”
Inuyasha lowered his head, but nodded, “Yea…I did,”
“So, why are you allowing the rest of the world to dictate your relationship? Why are you pushing away the girl that genuinely brings you happiness?
“Boy Miroku, weren’t you the one saying that I was making stupid choices by being around her, and everything else!? You can’t play both sides of the fence, either you’re with me or you’re against me!”
Miroku shook his head, “I never said you were making stupid choices by being around her. The choices you were making to be around her were stupid. I was never against you being with her, she’s cute! And, you really seem to be into her since you were willing to go to the lengths you did to keep her away from this life. But, in the end, it happened anyway…and in the worst way possible.” Miroku sat his hand on his friends shoulder, “You need to make things right with that girl, before you push her away to a point where you can’t get her back.”
“Thing is…I think I may have already done that.”
AN: Alright, believe it or not…this chapter has been completed up to this point for about four days now. I didn’t want to end it right here, I wanted to write more. But, in light of Christmas…which is today ’13, I decided to just post this as it is and give you something to read! Hope you enjoyed it, as well as your Christmas! (or whatever your family celebrates!)
Please review as my gift from you and tell me how you like the story!
-Kriss
Chapter 5 by KrissMeSlowly
Chapter 5
Kagome sat down on her suitcase in attempt to make it easier to close. Six weeks of California came and went quicker than she had realized. Though, most of it was probably from not being able to leave her house very often since there was almost always a camera in her face. A lot of it did die down since her little outburst with the interviewers at her house a few weeks ago.
She sighed, “This was definitely a summer to remember,” Kagome latched the last lock on her suitcase and stood. “I really wish I wasn’t leaving on such a bad note with Inuyasha.”
“Are you still thinking about that boy?” Sango chided from Kagome’s bedroom door. “You really need to let him go. Don’t be upset because it’s over, be happy because it happened. Besides, if his fame is more important than his morals...you don’t need him anyway.”
Kagome dragged her bags into the hallway of her house, and took one final look at her summer home bedroom, trying to make sure she wasn’t leaving anything important. “That’s easy for you to say since you hit it off with his friend, Miroku. But, I suppose you’re right, Sango. That’s why I can’t wait to get back to Tokyo, and leave all this behind.”
“Exactly,” Sango play punched her friend in the arm, “It’s like that say…what happens in Cali, stays in Cali!”
“I believe it’s, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” Kagome replied with a raised eyebrow.
Sango crossed her arms, “Vegas is in California, Kagome.”
“Vegas…is in Nevada.”
“Oh, yea…”
Souta came to the top of the steps, “Hey sis, the cab is here. Are you and Sango ready?”
Both, Sango and Kagome nodded their heads, “Yea, we’re coming down now.” Kagome said picking up her bags she dragged into the hallway, and Sango doing the same. The three of them descended the staircase with all of their things and met Kagome’s parents at the front door.
Kagome’s mom could see the anguish written all over her daughters face. She placed her hands on Kagome’s cheeks. “I’m sorry this wasn’t the summer vacation you were expecting. If it makes you feel any better, you can decide if you go with us, or stay at home in Japan next summer.”
Kagome didn’t answer the statement; she merely took a deep breath and walked away from her mother. Her dad opened the front door, and everyone filtered out into the driveway where the cab-van was waiting to take them all to the airport.
The driver and Kagome’s father loaded all the bags, while all the women and Souta got in the car. “Goodbye, Beverly Hills…it’s been real.” Kagome whispered, but, it didn’t go unnoticed by everyone else in the vehicle.
Sango grabbed Kagome’s hand and gave it a squeeze, “Everything is going to be better when we get back home.”
After all the bags were loaded, Kagome’s dad got in the car and the driver took his seat up front. “LAX please,” He said.
“You got it.” The driver replied.
-X-
Inuyasha played with the charm bracelet he had given to Kagome on the day they first hung out. The whole situation with her depressed the hell out of him. But, he really didn’t know what he could do to make things better. Plus, he knew that it was probably too late anyway. Even if he did find some way to make up with her, it wouldn’t matter because she would be going back home anyway.
*Ring Ring*
“Hello,” He answered his cell phone.
“Why does it sound like your moping? You better not be moping.” Miroku’s voice sounded through the phone.
“Miroku, what do you want?”
“I called to find out what you plan on doing to make up with Kagome? She’s going home today, you know?”
“Then, what difference does it make? If she’s going home, then there is no point in trying to make things right with her.”
Miroku sighed on the other end of the phone, “You really disappoint me sometimes, Inuyasha.”
“Yes, well…what else is new?” Inuyasha shook his head and threw the charm bracelet across the room.
“When are you going to get it through your thick head that you are NOT the only one hurting here? Did you know that Kagome has been nothing but depressed since the day you walked out on her!? Yea, she has! According to Sango, she has been battling with herself nonstop about going to see you, or wishing you would see her. All she wanted was to make things right with you, Inuyasha! She thinks you hate her, and she feels terrible about what she said on TV. But you know what? She shouldn’t feel bad, because the way you are acting is probably exactly why she said she wouldn’t want to meet you, even if she had.”
“Are you done…?” Inuyasha asked with a bored expression on his face that he knew Miroku couldn’t see.
“Well, since everything I just said clearly went in one ear and out the other, I guess I am done. I’m going to see the Sango off at the airport. Their flight leaves for Japan at 4:30 if you care…or if you come to your senses in the near future. I know it would mean a lot to Kagome if you at least said a proper goodbye to her, before she leaves. But remember this, Inuyasha. You can’t please everyone…so you should stop trying, and focus on the important people.”
“I’ll keep that in mind,” He said, and hung up his phone. “Too bad, there isn’t anything I can do. The media just doesn’t allow me to be happy. It’s either fame, or freedom in this business.”
Music started playing on Inuyasha’s computer screen, entailing that someone wanted to have a video call with him. He clicked the accept button, and was met with his agent. “Inuyasha, my boy. How are things?”
Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, “Is there a reason you are on my computer screen?” He asked.
“I am just informing you about the movie deal I just arranged for you. It’s going to be the next big step in your career. You’re break out into the acting business!” Bankotsu said with stars in his eyes.
“I don’t know anything about acting, and what if I don’t want to do it?”
Bankotsu cleared his throat and gave Inuyasha a serious look, “You don’t have much choice in the matter, because it has already been arranged. You are to guest appear in a new movie at the end of the summer. Plus, with that girl out of the way, there is nothing to distract you from your duties. All you have to do, is do this movie, make music, and adore your fans.”
“There used to be a point in time where I made music for me, and not for other people…” Inuyasha shook his head, “Nothing is the same anymore.”
“Unfortunately, that is how Hollywood works. You live the life that most people wish they did, and here you are complaining about it. I need you stop thinking about yourself, and start thinking about other people. I have put a lot on the line for you. Don’t forget that, Inuyasha!”
“Yea, yea…whatever you say.”
“Good! Now, I have already talked to your parents about this movie deal, and they have all the details. You need to speak with them and finalize filming dates so they don’t conflict with your tour that begins the beginning of next month.”
-X-
As usual, LAX was filled with people and you couldn’t tell which way was up. There were about two hours before Kagome and her family would be departing for Japan and she knew that they would be boarding soon. Kagome sighed deeply as she finished writing the letter that she hadn’t quite decided if it was a good idea to send or not. Miroku was at the airport saying his goodbyes to Sango and Kagome couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous. She wished that Inuyasha would at least say goodbye to her before she had to leave.
Kagome knew better though, the two of them said their goodbyes weeks ago. Plus, she knew that she wasn’t an important factor in his life anymore, if she ever was one at all. Still, she wasn’t upset about meeting him and she wished she could one last time.
“Sis, I’m sorry for getting on your case all the time. But, please don’t be all sad anymore.”
She smiled and gave her little brother a hug. “Thanks, Souta.”
‘All passengers for flight 109 to Juban City, Japan, please gather your belongings and line up at the gate. Have your flight tickets and passports ready.’
“Well, I guess this is goodbye.” Sango said with a slight tint of blush across her face. “I really had a great time here, and I’m glad I met you.”
Miroku took her hands in his, and kissed both of her knuckles, “I’m very grateful to have spent an amazing summer with an amazing girl.” He threw his arms around her, and held Sango tightly to his chest. “Take care, and promise to visit again someday.”
Sango felt so safe in his arms, and didn’t want to let him go, “I promise.” She said, and the parted ways.
Kagome walked up to Miroku and held out her hand for him to shake. Miroku looked at her hand quizzically, and caught her into a deep hug. “Be safe, and don’t let the thing with Inuyasha bring you down.” He whispered in her ear.
Unknowingly, Kagome relaxed in his arms, “I won’t,” She said. “But, speaking of Inuyasha.” Kagome put the letter she had in Miroku’s hand. “Can you make sure he gets this?”
Miroku nodded, “Of course I will. I’m sorry he didn’t come see you off.”
She shook her head, and cracked a small smile, “Don’t be, if he wanted to be here…he would be. So, don’t feel bad on his behalf.”
‘Last call for flight 109 to Juban City. Passengers will now be boarding.’
“Kagome, we need to board the plane! Let’s go!” Kagome’s mother yelled from the line.
“I’ll see you around?” Kagome said to Miroku and he nodded. She then joined the rest of her family in line to board her flight home.
Sango blew Miroku a kiss, which he happily caught with ease. Moments later, both girls disappeared as they entered the airplane.
-X-
Inuyasha stormed down the steps of his Las Angeles home in searched of his parents. “Mom, dad…where are you!?” He hollered.
“By the pool, son.” He heard his mother’s voice faintly from outside.
He followed his mother’s voice and found both his parents lounged on two beach chairs by his outdoor pool, both engulfed in their laptops. “Mom, dad, we need to talk.”
“Not right now son, we are trying to work your movie schedule in with your tour schedule.” His father answered him.
“Oh, how about ten days in between Japan and Brazil for the first few scenes?” Izayoi suggested.
“That’s an idea, and then he can work a few more during the week break between Europe and Hawaii.” Inutashio replied.
“Ooh, I like that!”
Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, and closed both of their laptops so he could have their attention. “You don’t have to do that anymore; I’m not doing the movie.”
“Don’t be ridicules, Inuyasha. Of course you are.” His mother said while reopening her laptop, which, Inuyasha once again closed back down.
“No, mom…I’m really not. I already told Bankotsu that I refuse to do it.” Inuyasha replied while crossing his arms.
“You don’t have the authority to do that.” Inutashio said.
Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, “Yes…I do. It’s my life, and it’s about time I started taking charge of it. I finally realized that it’s true, I can’t please everyone. All this time, I’ve been so busy trying to please everybody…that I stopped pleasing myself. That’s why,” He pointed to both his parents, “You both are fired as my managers.”
His mother and father’s jaw dropped, “You can’t fire us, we’re your parents.”
“Exactly, you’re my parents…and that’s all I want you to be, my parents. When I come home, I want it to be home, not more business. I want to make music, but that’s all I want to do, and I want you two to be my biggest fans.” Inuyasha looked at both his parents with pleading eyes, “And when I mess up with my girlfriend, I want you guys to support me, and tell me what I can do to make it right. I really want to be happy again. I’ve been so caught up with what everyone else wants of me, I’ve neglected what I want for myself.
Izayoi looked at her son apologetically, “I’m sorry if you felt we were controlling you.”
“It’s alright. Can we start over, starting with Kagome?”
“You really like that girl, huh? His father asked.
“I think so, but…I need to fix things with her.” Inuyasha said, “Please, help me-”
His mother smiled, “Go to her, apologies. I’m sure she will understand.”
“But, remember how crazy it got when you two were just a rumor. Imagine how it will get when you two go public. Do you think she can handle that?”
“I’ll let her make that choice. I made the choice for her the first time, and I know firsthand what it’s like to have your decisions made for you. If she’s willing, I’m willing.”
“Then it sounds like you already know what you need to do.”
-X-
Inuyasha frantically ran into the Las Angeles International in search for Kagome with paparazzi got on his heels. For once, he didn’t care that they were following him. It was probably good this time, since the whole world find out the truth.
“Inuyasha…?” He heard the voice of his friend, Miroku.
“Miroku, where is Kagome?” He yelled.
Miroku raised an eyebrow, “If you finally came to your senses, you’re a little late. She already boarded her plane.”
“What’s her flight number!?”
“Huh?” Miroku shot Inuyasha a confused look, “Um, 109 I think…why?”
“I’ll catch up with you later!” Inuyasha brushed past Miroku.
“Inuyasha, wait!” Miroku handed him the letter Kagome had given to him earlier. “I promised Kagome that I would make sure you get this. She really is a good girl, man.” Miroku patted Inuyasha’s shoulder. “By the way, you might want to move quickly…the camera people are coming into the airport as we speak.”
Inuyasha looked over his shoulder, and winked at his best-friend. “Thanks, man.” He said, and ran up the escalator in hot pursuit of Kagome.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be departing in 25 minutes, please use this time to turn off all electronic devises, fasten your seatbelts, and please direct your attention to the screen for safety rules, and regulations.
Kagome took a deep breath, while clipping her seatbelt. Sango, whom was next to her gave her hand a squeeze, “It will all be better when we get home.” She said to Kagome.
Kagome lightly smiled, ‘I sure hope so…’ She crossed her legs and starred out the window. “Kagome…” She faintly heard and started scanning her surroundings.
“What’s wrong, Kagome?” Sango asked.
“I thought I just heard-…never mind.” Kagome sat back in her seat and looked back out the window. ‘That was weird,’
“Kagome!” She heard again, and this time she knew she wasn’t hearing things. “Somebody keeps calling my name,”
“I didn’t hear anything,” Souta said from the seat on the other side of Sango.
“Yea, neither did I…” Sango added.
Kagome shook her head, “No, I’m sure I heard someone call out to me just now.”
“Let me through, I have to talk to Kagome before she leaves!”
“I don’t care how famous you are, without a ticket and passport, you are not getting on this plane!”
Kagome unbuckled her seatbelt and started walking toward the front of the plane. “Inuyasha…” She whispered.
“Kagome, where are you going!?” Her mother called out to her.
“Miss, please take you seat. The plane will be departing soon.” The attendant said to her.
“I know, but…I have to get off.” Kagome said to the woman.
“Have you lost your mind, Kagome!?” Sango said, getting and pulling her friend back to their seats.
“Let me go, Sango! No, I haven’t…but I have to get off.”
“Ma’am, if you get off this plane, you won’t be allowed back on and the next flight to Japan isn’t for another 17 hours! You will also have to purchase a new ticket and itinerary.
“I don’t care! Just let me off!” She screamed and pushed Sango away. Kagome looked back at her parents apologetically, “Trust me…” She mouthed to her family, and exited the plane.
When Kagome walked back inside the airport, she was met with millions of flashing cameras, but didn’t care. She knew she heard Inuyasha calling out to her on the plane. “Inuyasha, where are you?” She said.
“Kagome!” His voice rung through the airport.
Kagome turned around, and saw him fighting to get out of the custody of the airport security. “Inuyasha!” She screamed, gaining his attention.
He looked in the direction of where her voice had come from, “Let me go!” He broke free of the guards hold and ran toward Kagome. She in turn, ran after him and the two embraced each other tightly. “Kagome, I am so sorry for everything that I said and did to you. If I could take it all back, I would.”
She pulled out of his grasp and looked into his eyes, “That’s it? You think you can just come here, say you’re sorry, and everything is going to be alright? Apologizing doesn’t make the wound go away, Inuyasha. Apologies have to be backed up by actions.” Kagome’s eyes started tearing up.
“I know, and you’re right.” Inuyasha cupped her cheeks, “I’m going to make things up to you.”
Before the two of them knew it, they were surrounded by an audience of people, and paparazzi all eaves dropping on their conversation. Several reporters were thrusting microphones and tape recorders at their mouths. They both looked around, and noticed that all eyes were on them. Kagome chuckled nervously, not being too comfortable with all this attention. Inuyasha however, knew what he had to do gain Kagome’s trust back.
He grabbed a microphone out of one of the reporter’s hands and faced directly at all the cameras, “All the stuff I said about this girl a few weeks ago was untrue!” He said into the microphone, and suddenly, the entire airport went silent. “She isn’t a blast from my past, she is not a gold digger, and was never after me for my fame. In fact, when I first met her…she wanted nothing to do with me, because of my fame. She was probably right when making that decision, because the fame got to my head, and I can admit to that. I lost sight of what is important, and started letting everyone control the person that I am. But, this girl right here was never like that.” Inuyasha turned to Kagome and looked her deep into her big brown eyes. “This girl right here is someone special; she’s spunky, argumentative, honest, and always full of smiles.” He took her hand in his, “Her name is Kagome Higurashi…and I’m crazy about her.”
Kagome whipped the tears from her face with her other hand, and smiled.
Inuyasha handed the microphone back to the reporter he took it from, and faced Kagome once more, the reporters moved even closer to the couple pressing the cameras closer to their faces. “I’m really am sorry about what I put you through. But, if you are willing to give me another chance, I would like to start over…the right way.”
She chuckled, threw her arms around his neck, stood on her toes and placed a long waited for kiss on Inuyasha’s lips. “I’d like that,” She said when they parted. Inuyasha picked her up bridal style, and kissed her once again.
-X-
Kagome’s POV
I can honestly say that Sango kept her promise. I did in deed have a summer to remember that year. I was like heaven, to hell and back to heaven again at the end. I suppose you are all wondering what happened after Inuyasha went public about us in the middle of LAX. Well, as I’m sure you know, I missed my plane, but quickly video chatted my family when they landed back in Japan. They were upset of course, but ultimately wanted me to be happy. I decided to stay in California for the last two weeks of summer, before I had to start school again. My parents think I was staying at our Beverly Hills home. Which, I was…but, I wasn’t exactly alone. Shhh, don’t tell them that though!
When summer ended, I went back home and completed the first semester of my sophomore year. Then, I went back to Cali and stayed there for an extended winter break. By extended, I mean…I didn’t go back to Japan. I started online school so that I stay with Inuyasha. I became a part of his entourage, but with a few more perks. What, I am his girlfriend after all! Those months of school were killer without seeing him. We didn’t get to talk much either because he was touring the world. We did have some time to spend when he was in Japan though. But, I wanted to be closer to him, and he felt the same way. So, I joined him on the road in place of Miroku. Oh, you want to know about him? He realized that he wanted to be closer to Sango, and moved back home to Japan. The two of them have been together ever since. All in all, things have been pretty well for everyone. I even see my dad every so often since he travels a lot with his job. I ran into him in Italy once while joining Inuyasha for a public appearance.
So, I must say that everything worked out for the best…at least for now. Hey, Inuyasha and I have only been together four ten months!
The End
-X-
AN: Well, this is the end of the story. I hope you enjoyed it. Yea, it’s pretty short…only five chapters. But since I was trying to portray the movie, I didn’t have too much to work with since Star Struck is a relatively short movie. Anyway, please tell me what you think in a review & if you don’t do so already, please read, follow, favorite, and review both ‘What Happened to Goodbye’ and ‘The Golden Paintbrush’
Kriss
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2221