Golden Heart, Sliver Soul by SouloftheJewel
Summary:

Inuyasha and the gang finds a small abused half-demon pre-teen that looks like Inuyasha's older brother Sesshomaru. When the boy finally mets his father, Sesshomaru makes a startling confession... What is the confession and who hunts the Prince of the Dog demon tribe?

This tale takes place in the Feudal era and in the modren day era.


Categories: Romance > Kouga/ Ayame, Humor, Angst/ Drama, Action/ Adventure, Romance > InuYasha/ Kikyo, Romance > Miroku/ Sango, Romance > Sesshoumaru/ Kagura, Romance > Hojo/ Kagome Characters: Sesshoumaru, Sesshoumaru's Mother
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5402 Read: 16986 Published: 11 Sep 2014 Updated: 26 Sep 2014

1. Chapter 1: InuMaru, The lost Prince of Dog Demon Tribe by SouloftheJewel

2. Chapter 2 The Undead Kikyo and the Forest Witch by SouloftheJewel

3. Chapter 3: To the Western Lands by SouloftheJewel

4. Chapter 4: by SouloftheJewel

Chapter 1: InuMaru, The lost Prince of Dog Demon Tribe by SouloftheJewel
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, I only own InuMaru.

 A young 12 year old boy with long sliver hair laid on a pile of straw in a hay loft with a shakle chained around his left ankle. He slowly sat up stretching with opening his eyes to reveal a pair of bright brown orbs with fleckles of gold. He had pointed ears and a blue cresant moon on his forehead. His bangs were parted in the middle and his hair was bound in a low ponytail. He yawned from little sleep he had. "Brat." A female voice screamed. "Yes, milady." The young boy said. "Brat, your awake, good boy." She said come up the ladder. The woman unchained the boy and tossed him a kimono and hamaka. It was light blue with small red bird designs. The boy looked at the woman and blinked.

"Get dressed, half-demon, we are going to be out in town and you are going to be carrying all the things we buy." She said harshly. "Yes my Lady." The boy said. After she left the boy got dressed and a female voice called his name. "InuMaru." He looked out the window and saw with joy his only human friend, Lady Kikyo. "Good morning Lady Kikyo." He said happily. Climbing down the ladder he ran to her." Good morning to you InuMaru." She said with a smile. "I have to help Step-mother, Willow and Lilia go shopping today so I will be back by noon." He said happily before he gave her a hug. "After you get back do you want me to brush your hair?" InuMaru nodded and smiled. "Brat." call his Step-mother. "Bye Miss Kikyo." InuMaru said running towards his step-family.

Kikyo watched the young boy leave with three vile hearted demons he was forced to stay with. "InuMaru, you don't know the great destiny is awaiting you."She thought. She then turned and walked toward the forest with her soul collectors flouting around her. 

 In the village...

InuMaru was a hard time keeping up with his step-family, carrying the boxes that their new clothes and perfumed incense were in. "InuMaru, Hurry up you lazy bag of bones." Lilia said.

InuMaru stopped to watch a snake charmer from a fornien land as his step-sisters entered another incense shop. He softly began to sing to himself.

The sweetest sounds I'll ever hear,

Are still inside my head!

The kindest words I'll ever know,

Are waiting to be said!

 

The most entrancing sight of all,

Is yet for me to see!

And the dearest love in all the world,

Is waiting somewhere for me,

Is waiting somewhere,

Somewhere for me!

The two sisters screamed InuMaru's name as they walked toward yet another shop.

And the dearest love in all the world,

Is waiting somewhere for me,

Is waiting somewhere,

Somewhere for me!

He hurried only to bump into a woman in strange clothing. He landed on his rear and looked up at the woman. She looked like Lady Kikyo greatly. She looked at him with concern in her brown eyes. "I'm sorry, Miss, i wasn't watching where I was going. Forgive me." He said softly. "No it my fault. Here I'll help you." Kagome helped him pick up the boxes and InuMaru thanked her before turning around and standing face to face with his Step-mother. "So boy, you are already causing trouble for this young lady." "No Step-Mother, I didn't mean too, I swear." InuMaru said fearfully. 

"Ma'am, I was the one who bumped into him." Kagome said to the woman. InuMaru handed Kagome the boxes. "Is this true?" She asked the half-demon said know that he would not lie. "No Step-Mother I was the one who bumped into the fair lady." InuMaru said before closing his eyes and a hand came in contact with his cheek. He fell to the ground and held his cheek as Kagome asked why she did that. "He is a child, he must be punished." She said as her two daughters walked up behind her and nodded. The monk, Miroku walked up to one of the sisters (Willow) and asked her to bare his child and of course this got Sango's attention and wacked Miroku on the head. Inuyasha came over and helped the fallen half-demon off the ground only to see his older brother Sesshomaru, the ice hearted demon lord's, face in InuMaru.

"What the heck? He smells like Sesshomaru but he's not him." Inuyasha thought as he stared at the younger half-demon's face. "you are the most strangest half-demon I have ever seen." Inuyasha said to the boy causing InuMaru to blink many times."Why do you say that?" The preteen said cocking his head to the side like a puppy. "Mother can't we have the handsome monk over for dinner..." Willow began. "He looks so tasty." Lilia finished. This caused InuMaru to gag. "Human is not on the menu." Step-Mother said causing her daughters to ahhh in reply. "Your Demons?" Kagome asked raising an eye brow. "Yes, Priestess, we are Vulture Demons." Step-Mother replied. She pulled up her kimono shirt sleeve revieling the black feathers that hung from her arm. "Mother we would eat him we promise." The two sisters said together. "Fine" Step-Mother sighed in defeat. The sisters squealed and InuMaru rolled his eyes. "Here we go again." He thought. 

At the house of the Vulture demons...

InuMaru stood in the kitchen making something good for his step-family and for their guests. He looked at the cook book. "spread out cut gralic and salt on to the cooked fish the put on a spilt over the fire" He read aloud. He looked up to see the jar of salt on the highest shelf. "Well great. How am I going to get up there?" He asked himself. InuMaru got a tall stool and stood on top of it. The jar was just in reach when the stool began to wobble. InuMaru began to fall backward when a pair of soul collecters caught him and a third one lifted the jar of salt into his hands. "Thank You." He said to the glowing floating demon. It nodded then a woman's voice called out. "InuMaru." He looked up at the window to see Kikyo standing there. "Good evening Lady Kikyo." InuMaru said to the dead priestess. She nodded. "Before I join you, Ma'am, I have to serve dinner. "Yes my dear." Kikyo said smiling at the boy. InuMaru finished cooking and served the food to the guests and his Step-family.

"Now boy, be off with you." Step-Mother said waving her hand. InuMaru bowed then ran off out the door. He ran into the barn and grabbed his blue comb and then ran into the woods. He entered a clearing where Kikyo was waiting for him. "Welcome, my boy, come." Kikyo said to him holding her hand out to him. Handing her the comb he sat down in front of her undoing his ponytail and she began to comb out his hair."InuMaru, You look very similar to a Demon named Sesshomaru." Kikyo said."Really?" The boy asked softly blinking.

Meanwhile in Sesshomaru's camp...

The Lord of the Western lands sat on a log with his left hand under his chin. "Namoi, you have been dead for 200 years yet I can smell your scent on the breeze mixed with my own. Could our child that supposly died on that night be alive?" He thought inhaling the scent of waterlilies and fresh mint. "Jaken wait hear I am going for a walk." Sesshomaru said to his servant Jaken. "Yes my lord." the green toad demon said.  "My child, I will finally meet you." Sesshomaru thought as he began to walk off in the direction of the scent. 

Back with InuMaru...

Inuyasha had smelled Kikyo's scent and ran out to the glen where Kikyo was combing out InuMaru's silky white hair. "InuYasha," Kikyo said knowing he would come if he smelled her near by. "Kikyo what are you doing here?" InuYasha asked. "I have been looking after this boy. He is a sweet hearted soul." Kikyo said looking at InuMaru who looked very confused. "My Lady, you know Mr. Inuyasha?" Kikyo nodded. "He was once my lover." This caused InuMaru to nodded then blush after thinking about it. Kikyo laughed causing InuMaru to blush more. Just then Sesshomaru entered the clearing. " You are the priestess known as Kikyo correct." "Yes, I am Lord Sesshomaru." InuMaru looked at the demon lord with widened eyes. "This is the man that Lady Kikyo mentioned. The one that I looked like. Could he be my true father?" InuMaru asked him self looking at him. "Boy who are you?" Sesshomaru said staring at the young pre-teen. "I am InuMaru, Sir." He said bowing. When he came up from his bow Sesshomaru was was right in from of him. "InuMaru..." Sesshomaru whispered. "That was the boy's name Naomi picked." He remembered. Sesshomaru lifted InuMaru's chin with his left hand. "InuMaru, you are my lost son." Sesshomaru whispered his eyes flling with the emotion called love. Sesshomaru knelt down to InuMaru's height and saw that his son's eyes were filling with tears.

"Truly?" 

Sesshomaru nodded. 

InuMaru wrapped his arms around his long lost father. "Father, I have a Father." InuMaru cried into his father's shoulder. Sesshomaru returned the embrace with one of his own. "My son, I finally found you and I will Never leave alone you again."

Chapter 2 The Undead Kikyo and the Forest Witch by SouloftheJewel
Author's Notes:
 Part of the this chapter is based on the Grimm Brother Hansel and Gretel. And Inuyasha is not mine.

 "What !!!" InuYasha shouted at his brother and his supposed nephew. "You have a kid?!"

Sesshomaru stood and held InuMaru close. "Did you not smell my scent on him little brother?" Sesshomaru asked the fuming half-demon. "Yeah I did but I never thought he was Your kid." "Well then Little brother come forward and met your young nephew." Sesshomaru said pushing his son toward his Uncle. Inuyasha looked at the boy then growled. "He is not my Nephew." "I'm not?" InuMaru asked tears welling up. "Come on Kid stop acting like a pup." Inuyasha said with his hands on his hips."Inuyasha, he is a pup." Sesshomaru growled with fangs bared. InuMaru tried to hold back the tears that were in his eyes.

"Inuyasha SIT boy!!!" Came Kagome's voice behind him. Inuyasha slamed into the ground and Kagome ran over the fallen half-demon's back to the young prince of the West. "InuMaru did inuyasha hurt you?" Kagome asked holding his shoulders. InuMaru Nodded. "H-he said that he was not my Uncle." InuMaru blinked to keep tears from flowed out of his eyes. "So I was right his is Sesshomaru's son." Kagome thought. "InuMaru, your a sweet young man, you are also the prince of the your father's lands. Inuyasha is just a nucklehead." Kagome pulled the young prince into a hug that he very much needed. As Sesshomaru watched he felt his heart melt. "Naomi you would be proud of our son." He thought.

"Come my son, We must get you out of those rags." Sesshomaru said after Kagome released his son from her hug. "Wait a minute Sesshomaru, I think a certain someone has something to say to your son before you leave." Kagome said before she walked over to the sat half-demon whom was playing dead. She pulled him up by his ears and dragged him to the boy while Inuyasha was whining about his ears. "Inuyasha say your sorry to this little sweetheart." Kagome said pushing Inuyasha towards the young prince. "Fine, Look Kid I freaked when I found out you're my nephew so I got mad and I'm Sorry, InuMaru." Inuyasha said looking at the boy. "Really..." InuMaru ran and hugged his Uncle in a tight grip. "Hey Brat what are you doing?" InuMaru answered by tightening his hug. "Sesshomaru will you please get your son off of me." Inuyasha said get a bump on his head from both Kikyo and Kagome. "Ow you two what was that for." "Let him, he needs both of you." Kikyo said looking at the young Dog demon. Kagome nodded. InuMaru let go of Inuyasha's waist and looked at Kikyo and Kagome.

"My fair Ladies are you to sisters?" InuMaru asked his brown eyes sparkling. "InuMaru dear, Kagome is my reincarnation." Kikyo said causing the prince to become confused. "My lady, how can she be your reincarnation, you would have to dead for that." InuMaru cocked his head to the side like a puppy. Kikyo knelt down and brought the boy's hand to her chest causing him to blush. "No my Lady this is not proper." InuMaru said his blushing increased. "How does he know that is not proper?" Sesshomaru asked himself.When his hand touched her flesh felt no heat coming from her body."Lady Kikyo, your so cold." She nodded and moved his heart to the place where her heart would be. He felt no heartbeat. "Miss Kikyo your heart... it's not beating." InuMaru looked down at his feet and frowned. "InuMaru, I am one of the dead. I was revived by an evil demoness that saught to use my powers for evil ways." Kikyo released his hand and lefted up his head to see a frown on his red lips. "Does that me your not my friend any more?" He whispered. Kikyo was shocked he didn't care that she was dead. "InuMaru, I will always be your friend until to day I return to the earth." InuMaru's face brighten and hugged her around the neck.

"InuMaru, do you want Lady Kikyo to come with us?" Sesshomaru asked his son. "No Father, I want Miss Kagome to come with us." InuMaru smiled sencing the love that his Uncle and Lady Kikyo had for each other. "Me?" "Yes, Lady Kikyo and Uncle have feelings for each other. And you have no feelings for Uncle so, Please?" InuYasha and Kikyo looked at each other and blushed. Kagome smiled at the two and said. "Yes InuMaru I will join you just let me get my stuff."  InuMaru nodded and smiled. 

Kagome got her stuff and joined Sesshomaru's group with InuMaru by her side. 

Later that day...

By this time InuMaru was dressed in a white kimono with light blue flower designs on it with a hamaka to match that balloned at the ankle. He had a blue obi with black ankle high boot like his fathers and his hair was up in a high ponytail.

Sesshomaru entered the camp first as Rin ran up to him. "My Lord welcome back." She said her raven hair fluttering in the breeze. "Lord Sesshomaru your back." Jaken said running up to his master. "Jaken, Rin I want you to met someone." Sesshomaru waved his hand and InuMaru came out of the darkness of the forest. Jaken's jaw dropped. "M-My Lord who is this dirty little half-demon?" Jaken said what he would soon regret. "What did you just say?" InuMaru growled picking up the toad by his neck. "I may be a half-demon but I am not dirty or little like you, got it pipqueak." InuMaru then chucked Jaken at a nearby tree. Sesshomaru was shocked at his son's actions he would defend himself if needed. "Rin, this is InuMaru my son." Sesshomaru said as Rin walked up the prince. "It's an honor My Lord." Rin said giving him a little cursy. InuMaru bowed to her and she gave him a big hug. "Miss Kagome you can come out now." InuMaru said to the priestess. 

Kagome came out of the shadows and Jaken was scream his head off about InuMaru but that got him slamed into a large tree. Rin went to find some food in the forest and she had not come back for hours and it was getting dark. "I will go find her father." InuMaru said looking to his father. "InuMaru how are you going to find your way back?" Kagome asked. InuMaru cut open his hand and three drops of blood fell out. When they hit the ground three bright blue flowers grew with an open bloom. "I will live a trail of flowers so that I and Rin will find our way back." InuMaru said. "He has inheired his mother's powers as well as my own." Sesshomaru thought as dug his claws into his hand walked into the forest bright blue flowers flowing behind him. 

In the forest InuMaru looked back to see the flowers glowing the color of the moon lighting up the forest. He then continued walking toward until he reached a large house with ravens and blackbirds on the roof. "Hello boy, Why have you come?" A old voice came out of the house. "Hello, my sister a little human girl around the age of 8 came into the forest looking for food. Have you seen her?" InuMaru said. " Yes child, the girl in here in my kitchen eating. Come in and join her." The woman said. InuMaru climbed the steps and entered the house. Just then the door slamed shut and the woman cackled. "Half-breed you will be a tasty treat." She said using her powers to put InuMaru into a cage where Rin was. "Rin you alright?" "Yes Maru," Rin said. The witch sniffed at the cage. "My My a royal. I haven't had a royal in a long time." InuMaru growled.

"She sniffed does that mean she can't see." InuMaru thought. "I can kill her but this plan must work." InuMaru removed his kimono top off and covered Rin with it. "Maru what are you doing?" She whispered. "Rin what ever you do don't move but breathe though your nose and when I yell your name come running out." Rin nodded before InuMaru was dragged out of the cage. He looked over to see a pair of bright green eyes shining in the darkness of a cage on far wall with a cloth of it. He then turned his attention to the witch. "Get in boy." She said as she set him before the hot oven. Playing dumb InuMaru said. "I don't know how..." "Brat It's easy." The witch said forgetting that it was red hot. She climbed in and InuMaru slammed the oven door on her. "Rin help me." InuMaru shouted to his adopted sister. Rin ran from the cage and to InuMaru's side. Rin pushed with all her strength as InuMaru fought to latch the door. Once it was done, the witch's screams of fear and pain ended.

InuMaru pulled Rin to his chest as they watched the witch burn. InuMaru looked over to the covered cage where he had seen the pair of the green eyes. Releasing Rin, InuMaru walked over to the cage and pulled the cloth off. A small form looked up at the Dog Demon Prince with fear in it's eyes. The form was girl around his age with long bright auburn hair black feathered wings coming from her back and pale skin covered in bruises and scars. "Don't worry I will not hurt you." He said opening the cage. The girl crawled out wearing rags. She was so thin that you could see her ribs. Her wings folded back. "Come on you can trust me." He help her stand on both feet before she fell into his arms from not having strength in her body. "Who are you?" InuMaru asked. Brown met Green. "I am Melody." 

Chapter 3: To the Western Lands by SouloftheJewel
Author's Notes:
Sesshomaru will be very Oc so don't hate me. He had to be acting differently towards his son and Rin.

"My name is Melody." She whispered. "I am InuMaru, Prince of the Western Lands." InuMaru said softly. He picked her up and carried her out of the house. InuMaru looked down to see Melody had fallen asleep. He and Rin walked back to the camp following the trail of blood flowers. Back at camp Sesshomaru and Kagome were talking about the Western lands when InuMaru, Rin and winged girl Melody walked into camp. Sesshomaru looked up and ran to his son. "InuMaru are you alright?" He asked checking his son for injures. " Father I'm fine." He said smiling. "Lord Sesshomaru." Rin shouted as she hugged her foster father.

Sesshomaru saw the girl in his son's arms. "InuMaru who is this?" Melody woke up and became scared. "Don't worry, Miss Melody your allright now." InuMaru said and the girl calmed down. "She is a half-demon like me but I think she is part raven demon." InuMaru said before setting her down so that Kagome could tend to her wounds. "InuMaru, what happened?" Sesshomaru asked. "I got captured by a evil witch my Lord and InuMaru tricked the Witch to go into her own oven." Rin said happily. "How did you trick her?" He asked his son. "Well I played dumb." InuMaru said with a grin. "Once she was in, Rin and me latched the door of the oven and watched her burn."InuMaru smirked.

Sesshomaru shook his head. Placing his lone hand on his son's right shoulder he said. "InuMaru, I beg you as your father, don't go into battle wanting to shed blood. I have already gone down that horrid path and it is a wretched one at that. I want you only to fight if needed. Okay?" InuMaru relized want he had done and tears filled his eyes. "Forgive me Father. I wanted to protect Rin. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." InuMaru fell to his knees and sobbed. Sesshomaru pulled his son to his armored chest and hugged him. "It's allright my son, you learned your first lesson, the one which I igored. Never desire to kill." Sesshomaru smiled a rare smile and hugged his son and daughter. His family was almost complete. He felt a ping of pain in his heart. His missed his mate, his wife, Naomi. 

2 weeks later

InuMaru had found Melody's mother and had returned her to her home. 

1 day later

InuMaru sat on a rock thinking about stuff like what will he do in the palace? Would he make any new friends? Will he ever find a girl that would love him like his Father did? 

"Sire," A small voice said. A tiny flea hopped onto his shoulder causing him to being pulled from his thoughts. "Yes?" InuMaru asked. "Who are you?" "I am Myoga the flea demon vassel of your Uncle Master Inuyasha." "I am InuMaru." He said with smile. InuMaru looked at the flea. "Sire, you are grandson of Lord Inutaisho." InuMaru blinked. "So why are you here?" InuMaru said raising an eyebrow. "InuMaru do you know how your mother died?" InuMaru shook his head. "She was killed by her own village the very people she trusted." Myoga said. "Why was she killed?" InuMaru asked looking at his feet. "I don't think you would what to know that-" InuMaru interrupted him. "Why was she killed?" He repeated.

Myoga sighed and told InuMaru the sad truth. "The villagers were angry became she was pregnant with you. They felt their priestess was now impure so they killed the midwifes and set the shrine she was giving birth in on fire hoping to kill her and you in its flames. But God must have protected you because you are here alive. How you got out at that flaming shrine I do not know." InuMaru felt his heart began to rip and tear. "Mother died because of me?" Tears filled his eyes with sorrow. "I got Mother killed!" InuMaru sobbed burying his face in his hands. Just then a pale hand plucked Myoga from InuMaru's shoulder and pinched him between it's fingers. "Lord Sesshomaru, how are you?" Myoga asked innocently. "Quiet Myoga, What did you tell my son?" Sesshomaru asked with anger in his eyes. "I told him how his mother, Lady Naomi died." Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed. "You Did WHAT?" He shouted. This caused InuMaru to look up with sad eyes at his father.

"F-father, d-did I g-get M-mother killed?" He asked. Sesshomaru gave the flea a toss and knelt down in front of his son. "No my son no. You were not the one that sent your mother to her grave. It was her death that caused me to hate humans in the first place." Sesshomaru said before he pulling him into a gentle embrace. "Father, I love you." InuMaru whispered returning the embrace. "And I love you my InuMaru." Sesshomaru said. 

Toward the palace of the Western Lands

"Father, are we going home?" InuMaru asked. "Yes." His father answered.

"Kagome had gone back with Inuyasha and his friends to collect the jewel shards about a week ago. I miss her but she has to help Uncle find the Jewel shards." He thought as he walked on a dirt road.

InuMaru walked behind his father his footsteps softly hitting the ground. Rin rode on Au-Un the twin headed dragon that InuMaru had become fond of. Jaken was walking along side Au-Un mumbling something that InuMaru could not hear. Soon they stood in front of a large palace with a large gate with large craving of a cresant moon. Great Dog statues stood on each side of the large gate.

"It's beautiful Father." InuMaru gasped. Sesshomaru looked out of the corner of his eye and smiled. "My Lord welcome home."  A handsome guard said coming out of the gate as it opened. He was tall he had blue stripes on his cheeks, long golden hair and green eyes. He was wearing a dark green kimono and hamaka with armor over it and boots like his father's. "Hello to you Shen," Sesshomaru said taking hold of the demon's firm arm as the demon took hold of his own. "My Lord who is this handsome young man?" Shen asked causing the boy to blush a deep red. "Shen, he is my lost son, InuMaru, Prince of the Western lands." Sesshomaru said smiling at his son. "Welcome home, My Prince. I am Shen of the Tiger clan of China, you're father's friend and most trusted general." Shen said smiling. The palace doors then opened and people became of come out.

InuMaru watched as the servants, some human, stand awaiting to welcome their master back home. "Listen to me well, This half-demon is my son, InuMaru. To you, he will be your prince and master as I am. You will call him sire, my prince, and your highness. Only personal servants will call him by name. Do you understand?" Sesshomaru said voice raised. They all answered with clearing voices. "Yes My Lord." Sesshomaru gently took InuMaru's right hand in his own and walked toward the doors after the servants made a path for their masters to walk though. The doors opened showing InuMaru a large hallway with banners of many colors with the Dog Demon smybol on them hanging down from the ceiling."Father I love it." InuMaru said happily.

Sesshomaru lead his son to a great throne room where a woman with white hair pulled back in two ponytails, the same cresant moon marking as on him and his father dressed in royal clothing was waiting. "Sesshomaru welcome home..." She paused her greeting to see her son hold hands with her lost grandson. "Sesshomaru is this..." "Yes mother this is your grandson, my son InuMaru. "Go on and meet her, InuMaru." Sesshomaru whispered in his son's ear.InuMaru nodded. He walked up to his grandmother. "Hello, my lady, I'm your grandson, I guess." He whispered the last part. InuMiki, knelt down and hugged InuMaru. "Welcome home, my boy." She said. 

Two days after InuMiki met her lost grandson,

InuMaru was practicing balance and dance while having a book on his head. "Good my prince, your doing so well." The female servant said as they danced (InuMaru was good at balancing.) cross the ballroom floor. InuMiki entered the room and a memory came to her mind while looking at her grandson dance.

Flashback

"Dance, My young prince, you must dance elegantly." A 15 year old Sesshomaru tried his best to keep up with his dancing teacher. "You can do it my son, just keep at it." InuMiki, Sesshomaru's mother said right before he fell backward on his rear. "Mother is this necassery, I don't want to dance the night away with some girl I just meet." Sesshomaru said sighing. "You can do it, you just have to keep trying and if you met a girl I hope she will love you for you..." InuMiki trailed off.

End of Flashback

InuMiki laughed at the memory. Dancing was how Sesshomaru meet Naomi. Naomi. InuMiki's smile turned into a frown. InuMiki didn't like humans very much but Naomi, she was different. She was a powerful priestess with a heart of pure gold. She was very beautiful. She had long brown hair, brown eyes and ivory skin.

InuMaru stood and elegantly bowed to the servant. InuMiki walked up to her grandson. "May I have this dance?" InuMiki said smiling. "Of course my fair maiden." he said taking his grandmother by the hand and lead her into a graceful dance.

Chapter 4: by SouloftheJewel

The sun began to rise over the mountians of the Western lands. The young prince, InuMaru, lay in his bedroom. It was large with pure white pillars in each corner with the banners of his clan's smybol on them. He had desk by the window and wardrobe that held his many new kimonos for any occanion. On the farest wall of the room was a pair of doors leading out to a large bacony. And on the wall nearest to the room's entrance door was a hallway leading to his own bathing chamber. In the middle of the room was a large bed you could fit 5 full grown demons in with elbow and leg room. In the middle of the bed was the young prince fast asleep with one arm above his head and the other arm hugging a soft pillow. His blanket was only covering his legs which one leg was bent and the other was straight.

Just then a heavy knock was on the door. "Your Highness, it's time to wake up." The female voice said. InuMaru groaned softly not wanting to wake up. He reluctly sat up his hair in a mess. He yawned and stretched feeling his bones pop into their correct places. "Who is it?" he said still sleeply. "It is Cania, my prince." The female said. "Come in." The pre-teen half-demon said getting to the edge of the bed. A young woman with long black hair and brown eyes came in. "Good morning my prince. After I get your ready for the day, your Father, Lord Sesshomaru, wants to see you in the dining hall." Cania said. "Okay." InuMaru said letting her help him take off his night kimono. He walked over to the wardobe and pulled out a light green kimono with white flowers on it with a matching hamaka and a light green and white obi. He pulled out a pair of black boots like his father's. Cania helped him get dressed. She sat him at his vanity and began brush his sliky hair. "Your very handsome, my prince." Cania said. "Thank You, Cania." He said. InuMaru walked to the door and slid it open.

He was about to step out when he tripped over his father's annoying servant, Jaken. He landed harshly on the floor causing Cania to flinch. "Ow." InuMaru groaned. "You idoit don't you know not to stand like a statue when someone is coming your way?" InuMaru said slowly getting up from his fallen state. InuMaru kicked Jaken so that he flew out a window. Sesshomaru whom was walking to the dining hall heard glass being smashed and ran to his son's room and hallway. InuMaru stood holding Jaken up by his kimono collar. "Jaken I should just drop you into the wood pile and let you bake in the sun." InuMaru growled clearly mad at the toad. "InuMaru, put Jaken down." Sesshomaru said to his son. "Father..." He said his eyes lowering the ground. He gently lowered Jaken to the wooden floor the walked to his father. "InuMaru you have every right to beat Jaken but not to drop him out of a 4 foot window." Sesshomaru said. "Sorry." InuMaru said softly. Sesshomaru pulled him into a hug and held him there.

 

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2335