A Good Day for Kohaku by Taiyoukai_Nile
Summary: Kohaku, 10 years after Naraku's demise. Find out why it's a good day for him. (drabble)
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Kohaku
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 376 Read: 2091 Published: 01 Nov 2015 Updated: 01 Nov 2015
Story Notes:
I do not own Inu Yasha.... Rumiko Takahashi does.

1. A Good Day for Kohaku by Taiyoukai_Nile

A Good Day for Kohaku by Taiyoukai_Nile
Kohaku closed his eyes, and took a breath of the fresh morning air, while riding atop of Kilala. One side of his mouth quirked, as his eyelids slowly uncovered his deep brown eyes to allow him to view the valley below. He decided that today was a good day.

He'd had a lot of bad days in his life. They had been filled with screaming, and blood, and doing things against his will. Every so often he had night terrors, but those were few and far between, as the death of Naraku had been almost 10 years ago.

The demon slaying boy was a man, one who was a seasoned warrior. He had surpassed his sister's legendary skill, since his sister had a large family to attend to, instead of joining him out in the wilderness to fight rampaging or corrupt demons.

Most of his life since Naraku, had been lived alone. He visited Edo from time to time. However, he really had no home to call his own until now.

He was riding back from a demon extermination that had paid quite well. He intended to build a hut that would be comfortable for when he got a chance to rest. He wanted to settle down.

Today was a good day because he had asked Lord Sesshoumaru, just yesterday, upon passing, for Rin's hand in marriage. The demon lord had given him permission, but had also warned the demon slayer that if his ward was hurt during their marriage, he would guaranteed an unpleasant and slow death. The brown-haired slayer had promised to treat Rin right.

Rin was one of the few lights in his life. He had thanked his lucky stars that he knew such a woman. She was sassy and funny, and even gentle and caring. As the years had passed, she'd grown to be more beautiful in his eyes.

He knew that Rin liked him a lot. She blushed a lot, even when Kohaku thought he wasn't really funny. Sango and Kagome always pushed him to go visit her. It didn't irk him when they did.

As Edo came within his sights, he prayed to the gods that today would remain a good day while he asked Rin to become his bride.
End Notes:
I do not own Inu Yasha.... Rumiko Takahashi does.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2367