One Step at a Time by Sunset Miko
FeatureSummary: Miroku meets a girl on the train but he doesn't get her name. When he finally meets her again thanks to a meddling friend it seems that the world is intent on getting in the way.
Categories: General, Romance Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Miroku
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 13911 Read: 74210 Published: 06 Mar 2008 Updated: 23 May 2013
Story Notes:
I do not own Inuyasha and Company, no matter how happy it would make me. Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 1 - Order of Operations by Sunset Miko

I do not own Inuyasha and Company, no matter how happy it would make me. Rumiko Takahashi does.

This was written for MirKagFic's March challenge, prompt: Token.

 

 

Chapter 1 - Order of Operations

 

 

"Would you hurry it up?" someone in the long line behind her yelled.

 

"I'm trying," she grumbled. "I know I've got one in here somewhere! Why can't I ever find something when I need it?!" Right when she was about to give up, get out of line, and dump her entire purse out on the station floor, a young man leaned around her and dropped two tokens in the slot. Kagome gave him a huge smile. "Oh, thank you! You just saved me so much trouble! I'll give it back to you!"

 

"No need, Miss," he said while guiding her out of the way of the impatient commuters.

 

"No, I have to do something to pay you back," she said, taking a seat.

 

Miroku took the seat beside her and gave the flustered girl a quick look over before smiling.

"There is one thing you could do for me..." When she looked at him in question, he took her hand and stared deep into her eyes, making her heart flutter for a moment. "Would you be so kind as to... bear my child?"

 

By the time he got off the floor of the train, Kagome was in the next car, leaving him with just a bump on the head to remember her. 'It felt like she had a month's worth of tokens in that bag!' he thought, ignoring the odd looks he was getting from the other passengers. 'But damn she was pretty. Should have asked her name first...'

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=271