My Inner Emotions by ghost_youkai
Summary: What happens when everything falls apart, and the person you love has left without a word?
Categories: Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome, Angst/ Drama Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 613 Read: 2037 Published: 27 Mar 2008 Updated: 27 Mar 2008
Story Notes:
I don't own Inuyasha and Gang, saddly.

1. Chapter 1: You by ghost_youkai

Chapter 1: You by ghost_youkai

 

A lone figure sat on a hill, looking over the village that she now lived in. Life had be going from good to bad, but the only thing that mattered was that she had to deal with it. No more shard hunting, no more looking for Naraku and no more time traveling. There was nothing left to do.

Her heart hurt deeply; her friends had moved on in life, yet she hadn't. The person she loved . . . had left two weeks ago; without a word. With the person keeping her love away from his heart gone, she thought she had a chance, but it was unlikely. He blocked his heart away from them, barely speaking, or here.

His promise rung in her ear, but he still hasn't fulfilled them. A silent tear slid down her face as the sun began to lower behind the mountains and a gently breeze blew by. It didn't matter; all was blocked, she couldn't feel anything.

Just then, something from the side caught her attention. Her head turned to the side to see none other than the person she had thought loved her. She tried to fight the tears that threatened to fall, but she lost the fight as she them fell one by one; onto her cheeks to fall onto her kimono. Her hands covered her face; to ashamed to be caught shedding tears.

It was a weakness to him, but yet she felt him wrap a comforting arm around her to bring her closer to him. He brought her hands from her face to see her beautiful cinnamon brown eyes he had got lost in many times. His regret filled his mind as he shouldn't have left her without a word.

"I shouldn't have left without saying anything to you. I just needed to clear my mind for a while; to think things through," came his shaky gruff voice in a whisper.

When she didn't say anything he continued. "I sorry for everything I have put you through. But I know now what is right, so I came back to correct my wrong. I was blind; I didn't know the feelings I was experiencing and was afraid."

"What are you saying?" she whispered in a broking tone, trying to once again fight the tears.

"I now know that I am in love with you, and only you. Please forgive me of my wrongs."

Tears fell freely down her cheeks, her eyes wide in surprise and her mouth agape. She had been waiting so long for those words to be spoken to her, but could she find it in her heart to forgive him? The words repeated in her mind, trying to reach a decision. Would he honor his words to her, or once again fill her with false promises.

"D-do you mean what you say? Do you really love me?" she asked softly.

Feeling she needed proof, he gently took her chin in his hand and brought her lips to his. The kiss was soft and gently; him trying to pour his love for her in the kiss. He felt as her hand lightly caressed his cheek while she kissed him back. Once he was sure she had the idea, he slowly pulled apart from her lips. "Yes I do Kagome."

Her arms slowly wrapped around his neck as her head rested on his shoulder. A small smile was tugged to her lips as his words continued to repeat in her mind. "Thank you," she whispered, slightly tightening her hold around his neck. "Thank you for loving me Inuyasha. You promise you won't leave?"

"No Kagome, I wouldn't live you for the world."

End Notes:
Wasn't feeling in the best of moods so write this.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=301