Pop Singer by Kittenn1011
Summary: It's been years since Kagome and her friends killed Naraku. She had long since moved away from Japan (too many memories), and rememering that Shippou loved her singing voice, Kagome tries out for American Idol. She wins. Happy as she is, Kagome still can't forget her friends from the past. She can't ever see them again..
Categories: Romance > Sesshoumaru/ Kagome Characters: Kagome Higurashi, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 387 Read: 2237 Published: 30 Mar 2008 Updated: 30 Mar 2008
Story Notes:
This story does not follow the real ending of the INUYASHA series.

1. Chapter 1 by Kittenn1011

Chapter 1 by Kittenn1011

Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha. It’s own by Rumiko Takahashi

He could remember it like it was yesterday.

 Even though her face became more of a blur in his memories, he still could remember her.

 He remembered just how she entered his life five-hundred years ago.

He could remember how she wore that strange kimono at first, and it was green and white and unusually short. She still wore her kimonos short after she stopped wearing that one, at least when she was wearing a kimono. Sometimes she wore strangely tight pants.

He could remember how she was so secretive. She never told anybody outside her original group of friends exactly where she was from, and nothing about herself that they couldn’t learn themselves. She always told people, even him, that she lived far away with her family.

She traveled with his half-breed half-brother, a fox kit she treated like her own, a fire neko, and taijiya, and a very perverted monk who claimed to have cursed hands. Only one hand was cursed, and it sure wasn’t the one that he claimed to be.

He could remember how he thought she hated him, and probably actually did at one point. Of course she would! She traveled with his half-breed half-brother! Why wouldn’t she hate him? Why shouldn’t she hate him?

He could specifically remember her telling him she wasn’t afraid of him…

Yet, he specifically remembered having tries to kill her on at least one occasion.

 He could remember the day she told him she wouldn’t attack an ally, let alone a friend. Why would she tell him that? He didn’t like her then, so why did she feel that way?

He could remember that he had been the Lord of the West back then. Oh how long ago that was. He could remember the final battle. It was that bloody battle that ended it all. The dead miko took out Naraku, and died doing so.

She was a miko too.

He could remember how she disappeared. It happened as soon as Naraku was dead, and she didn’t even have time to get the Shikon, though it was fading with her. She was just gone, the echoes of her voice calling for them still ringing in their ears for minutes after she was gone.

 But he couldn’t even remember her name…

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=308