Best of Both Worlds? by kaggysister
Summary: Kagome and InuYasha (along with friends) were taking a break for a week (maybe more) from the 2 long months of jewel shard hunting. When Kagome decides to go home to visit her family, things get a little strange around there. Out of luck Kagome gets a shot of fame to be a pop star with her fabulous voice she has out of luck. She became a well known rising star within 2-3 days! When InuYasha comes to get Kagome in her era, she gets caught up in the moment and refuses to continue with InuYasha and friends for a while or at least until she gets a vacation, she might not ever go back ever again! Would Kagome ever go back to her adventurous life with InuYasha, or will she be to busy with stardom. Kagome might think she had the best of both worlds but does she really?
Categories: Action/ Adventure, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome Characters: Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1681 Read: 6017 Published: 16 Apr 2008 Updated: 18 Apr 2008
Story Notes:
well the title isnt that great i know i couldnt think of a better title so yea and the story is awsome according to my teacher.

1. Chapter 1 by kaggysister

2. Chapter 2 by kaggysister

Chapter 1 by kaggysister
Author's Notes:
comment
 Kagome Higarashi, along with her many wonderful friend, came to a stop when they reached the opening near the” bone eaters well”.  After fighting for two months it was time for them to take a nice relaxing break to relax, gather their thoughts and regain strength for the upcoming challenges. InuYasha being the stubborn person he is was off focusing on getting stronger.  Miroku and shippo were out gathering fire wood to start a nice fire to sit around, while Kagome and Sango were bathing in a in a beautiful relaxing hot spring near by the campsite. They were talking about random things.Sango said “so Kagome did InuYasha make his move yet?” Kagome replied “Uh-err… what do you mean?” She said it as if she was confused but she was only trying to avoid the subject. “Oh C’mon Kagome it’s so obvious!”Kagome said “what’s obvious?” as she splashed her face with water to clean all the dirt off of it.Sango sighed. “Kagome, everyone can see that you and InuYasha are in love with each other!” Kagome shook her head to get all the water off of her face. She began to blush rapidly. She noticed herself blushing in her reflection in the water. She quickly grabbed the towel nearest to her and jumped out of the hot spring as she wrapped the towel around her body. She replied “Oh please! InuYasha is so stubborn he would never admit his feelings towards me and I think you would no that too Sango!” After that there was silence. Sango got out of the hot spring and grabbed the other towel. She wrapped it around her body just as Kagome did. Kagome started to put in her clothing as Sango did the same thing. As Kagome was putting on her shirt she asked Sango a question. “Hey Sango….Do you think InuYasha would mind if I go home without telling him this time. I’m a little sad and depressed and I don’t feel up to arguing with him this time.” Sango finished putting on her clothing as her loveable cat (Kilala) scampered out of the bushes surrounding the hot spring. She bent over to pick up Kilala and responded…” I don’t see why he would care. You haven’t seen your family for a few months. I think he would understand if you wanted to relax in you own home for at least three or four days.”  Kagome put on her backpack and said “Yeah your right I’m sure he wouldn’t get angry about it….but just to be safe I want to go home when everyone is sleeping tonight, so I need to tell Miroku and Shippo right when they get back. Kagome looked to the sky. A beautiful sunset painted the sky. They heard Miroku and Shippo calling for them. “C’mon Sango we should get going to tell them before InuYasha gets back.” They walked together back to the campsite where a nice fire was going  near the well and all the sleeping bags were distanced around it. There they sat down and Kagome set her backpack near her sleeping bag and sat down near Miroku. With a sad expression Kagome said “ hey you guys can I talk to you two before InuYasha gets back.”Miroku smiled at her with a nice friendly “sure Kagome what’s on your mind?” “Well I wanted to tell you both that I will be going home later tonight. I don’t want to tell InuYasha because I don’t feel like arguing with him this time. That’s why I’m going home when you guys are sleeping tonight. Can I count on you both to not tell InuYasha a word about this?” Shippo said “sure Kagome you can count on us!” “Thanks I would like to make dinner tonight because I want to get InuYasha in a better mood than he already is. I’m going to make ramen noodles because I know that its his favorite. I should get started right now he should be home in a few minutes.” She grabbed her backpack and fumbled in it for the noodles and a small pot along with some bowls.She filled the pot half way to the top with spring water, and held it over the fire. When the water was boiling she dumped he noodles in the pot and added the flavoring. She stirred it and when it was done she grabbed one of the five bowls that was set out and filled it with a fraction of the noodles. She started singing to herself softly and then gradually got louder, she was singing out loud actually. Sango, Shippo, and Miroku stared at her in amazement. When Kagome looked up to hand Sango her bowl she jumped at the fact of the three faces staring at her. “What’s wrong?” Shippo responded “your singing voice is so beautiful Kagome!”  She smiled. “Aw thanks you guys! That makes me feel good!” she handed everyone a bowl and noticed InuYasha coming up in the distance. When he was a foot away from her she said “I made your favorite meal.” She handed him the bowl with a smile. He responded “thanks” and walked over to a tree and sat under it, as he ate what he was given quietly. After that the rest of the night was silent. Sango, shippo, Miroku, and Kagome were tucked in their sleeping bags. InuYasha was sleeping against a tree a few feet away from Kagome. Everyone was sleeping except Kagome. She quietly got up out of her sleeping bag and gathered her things as quiet as possible when she had her belongings she slid the strap of her backpack over her shoulder and walked towards the well. Just as she was about to climb up on the edge of the well, someone grabbed her hand and turned her around. She closed her eyes with fright as her heart skipped a beat she said “OH MY GOD!” she opened her eyes to see that it was only InuYasha standing in front of her. He looked at her strangely as he questioned her. “What are you doing up so late?! What are you doing anyways, and why are you sneaking around like that!” Kagome looked down at the ground as she told him “InuYasha I’m going home…..the reason that I am sneaking around like this is because I knew if I told you I wanted to go home you would only argue with me and I don’t feel up to arguing this time. I’m only going to be gone a few days if I’m gone longer you can come and get me. There was a moment of silence. Kagome glanced up at his face and noticed that he didn’t seem angry like he usually is. He was just blankly staring at her. “I-InuYasha” He looked down at her hands and grabbed both of them, and then he pulled her towards himself. He let go of her hands when they were up close to each other, and then wrapped his arms around her. Her hands were down at her side. she was confused at what was happening.  “InuYasha???”  Her head was tucked slightly under his chin as her head rested on his right shoulder. His head rested on top of hers. Kagome thought to herself. “What’s going on...Am I dreaming this?” She realized that what was happening was no dream and that everything that was going on was real. she couldn’t believe it. Her eyes started to water as a tear rolled down her cheek. In a matter of seconds she was completely in tears. She slid her hands up to his shoulders and clutched his clothing in her hands as she sobbed on his shoulder. “Why are you crying Kagome?” She responded by crying harder as she buried her hear in the top part of his fire red robe. He didn’t know how to comfort her so he said “It’s way to late for you to go home right now. Please just stay with me for the night and you can go home tomorrow. Okay?” she nodded.  “C’mon” he put one arm around her shoulder and grabbed her hand with the other. He walked her over to where he was sleeping before. He took the top part of his red robe off revealing the long sleeved white under shirt he had in… he took the robe and wrapped it around Kagome so she wouldn’t be cold. He sat down as he pulled her down into his lap. He started hugging her as he did before. She hugged him back as she was sobbing softly. He rocked her back and forth until she fell asleep. Her hug loosened its grip from around his body. He then moved her body so that her head was positioned on his chest, and then hugged her close to his heart.                   
Chapter 2 by kaggysister
Author's Notes:
um...well comments are appreciated!
Kagome woke up before anyone else the following morning. She looked around at her surroundings. She noticed Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kilala were still sleeping. She yawned as she stretched her arms forward. She looked up at InuYasha‘s peaceful sleeping face. She smiled and gently hugged him. She then got up off of his lap and quietly walked over to her backpack. She fumbled around inside it for a pencil and a sheet of paper. When she found what she was looking for she used the pencil to write….   by the time you read this I will safely in my own era. I wanted to thank you for being so understanding about me wanting to go home and not telling you. Instead you just comforted me. I should apologize for sneaking around like I did. It was very rude and wrong of me. As I told you last might I’m only going to be gone for a few days. If I am gone longer it is up to you if you should want to get me. Thanks again                                                                ~Kagome~                        she grabbed the note and walked over to InuYasha. She took his hand and put the note in it as she wrapped his fingers around it, so he would be holding it until he woke up.  She then grabbed her bag and propped it over her shoulder, walked over to the well and hopped inside.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=337