The Beginning of the End by candie1206
Summary: I don't own Inuyasha, but my ideas are original, so please don't rip them off. If you want to use one of my ideas, email my Yahoo account. Ok, this is just what I imagined after watching the episode (somewhere in the 50's) where Inuyasha and Miroku were trappped in a poison cocoon. My story takes place right after Inuyasha kills all the bandits, and is still out of control in demon form, right before Sesshomaru shows up. The narrarator is not a character, it's just like watching it on TV. (If I make spelling errors or whatever, please tell me, because that drives me nuts! Just don't bug me about what tense I'm using, like past tense, and present tense, because I can't seem to help screwing that up.) Don't go thinking that this is how the episode went, because it didn't! This has nothing to do with any eps that came after this one either, but it does change up some stuff that happened in prior ones. I did use things that actually happened in the 'before' eps. I just imagined this happening. It's pure imagination, so don't get all pissed off at me for that!
Categories: Action/ Adventure, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome, Romance > Miroku/ Sango Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Kikyo, Miroku, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 6721 Read: 184249 Published: 23 Jun 2008 Updated: 23 Jun 2008

1. Inuyasha Loses Control by candie1206

2. Kagome, Injured?! by candie1206

3. Inuyasha Puts Up A Front by candie1206

4. Surprise! by candie1206

5. Kagome's Feelings by candie1206

6. In the background... by candie1206

7. I Don't Hate Her... by candie1206

8. Flashback! by candie1206

9. The True Reason by candie1206

10. Don't You Get It Yet? by candie1206

11. Say What?! by candie1206

12. And, We're Off! by candie1206

13. Not Fair! by candie1206

14. A Triangle?! by candie1206

15. Ooh, Another Flashback... by candie1206

16. The Trap by candie1206

17. Kagome, A Thief?! by candie1206

18. Inuyasha Finally Gets It! by candie1206

19. Huh?! by candie1206

20. True Love Overcomes It All by candie1206

21. A Perfect Moment by candie1206

22. The Fateful Question by candie1206

23. To The Village by candie1206

24. The End!!! by candie1206

25. Thoughts? by candie1206

Inuyasha Loses Control by candie1206
Author's Notes:
please please review?
Inuyasha looked around at everyone, not seeming to know or care who they were. Kagome and the others had just witnessed the brutal slaughter of several human men. Inuyasha had shown them no mercy, and even after they had begged for their lives he had killed them without giving it a second thought.

'Oh, no!' Kagome thought. 'What if he gets stuck in this form? He'll kill everyone. I've got to get the others out of here so I can help him.' Miroku looked up in surprise.

"Kagome, Sango? Do you sense that? A demon is approaching, fast." Sango nodded,"And whatever it is, it's strong." Kagome appeared very frightened.

"You guys have to get out of here. The demon that's coming is Sesshomaru. This isn't going to be good."

Sango and Miroku were riding Kilala at the time, but they made no effort to run. Kagome was riding on Shippo's back.

"I'm not going anywhere without you, Mother!" Shippo said. He had taken to calling her that often, but only when Inuyasha wasn't around to hear him. Miroku and Sango knew better than to bother him about it, and Kagome guessed that it was partly because she had taken care of him since they met, and partly because he felt the need to replace his dead mother. The little guy had always been sensitive to Inuyasha's teasing, and didn't want Inuyasha to think that he was even weaker than he appeared. Kagome tried to tell Shippo that Inuyasha would never bother him about needing a mother-figure in his life, but Shippo still never called her 'Mother' when Inuyasha was nearby. Miroku nodded.

"Shippo's right. There's no way that we would leave you here on your own, especially with Inuyasha being out of control as he is."

The reason no one was on the ground was because Inuyasha was killing anything that moved. He hadn't noticed them yet. Just then, Sesshomaru showed up.

"Hello, little brother. Don't bother saying anything, I only came to test your skills. Now, come at me with all your power!" Inuyasha came at him, and was blocked by Sesshomaru's sword. Inuyasha felt no fear, so he continued to fight. Kagome was very worried. She thought back to the other day. She had told him, that first time he transformed, that she had been afraid. Inuyasha wanted to know what she had been afraid of, and she had told him the truth. She wasn't afraid of him, only that he would forget her. He promised her right then that he wouldn't forget her, or the others. It had been a nice moment between them. Now, it seemed as though he had not only forgotten his promise, he had forgotten everything, and everyone, that he knew. Kagome almost started crying, but she held it in, because she had to focus all her attention on helping Inuyasha. All of a sudden Kagome jumped down to the ground near Inuyasha!
Kagome, Injured?! by candie1206
As she did, Sesshomaru sent a blast from his sword.

"No! Inuyasha, watch out!" Inuyasha fell to his knees. Kagome ran to him, Tetsusaiga in hand, with tears streaming down her face. She tried to hand him his sword, and he attacked her, his claws digging into her shoulder. Kagome made it look like he was only embracing her, so the others wouldn't notice.

Then, still sobbing, she managed to place the Tetsusaiga into his hand. Inuyasha started to change back to normal, losing consciousness at the same time. Sesshomaru smiled.

"Foolish girl. Why would you run into his arms, knowing he was still in his demon form? Did you really think he would recognize you?" Kagome glared at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Sesshomaru. Inuyasha's fine now. You should leave while you can." Sesshomaru smirked at her. "Ah, I see. You don't want your friends to know he injured you-" Kagome cut him off.

"He's lying! Inuyasha did nothing!"

"Don't kid yourself, woman." Miroku and Sango had already come down onto the ground, and Miroku looked confused.

"Sesshomaru, we all know you hate Inuyasha. So why didn't you finish him when you had a chance? You don't expect us to believe you've developed feelings for your brother?!" Sesshomaru put away his sword and scoffed.

"Of course not. He is a mere hanyou, and he should act as such. He is not strong enough to have our father's blood coursing through his veins. When he is once again a hanyou, then I will personally relieve him of that burden. He was born a filthy half-breed, and he shall die as such."

"Don't pretend that you're doing this only because you want him to die a half-demon! You're afraid of him! I saw it in your eyes when he first transformed. You refused to fight him then, you coward!" Kagome screamed at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru stepped forward, raising his claws as if to attack.

"You know, you're even more foolish than I thought. I am not, nor have I ever been, afraid of Inuyasha. You should be grateful to me. Now you'll have a few more days to spend with him, that is, if you survive those injuries, and if you don't cause me to kill both of you now." Kagome raised her bow, ready to shoot him with her sacred arrow.

"Like you said, don't kid yourself. I'm not afraid of you, and neither is anyone else here! Don't think I won't shoot you, because I don't care how strong you are, or what you do to me, I will never let you hurt Inuyasha!" Sesshomaru flexed his hand, preparing to attack her, when Miroku, Sango, and Shippo all stepped in front of her. Sango smirked and raised her Hiraikotsu.

"Did you think we'd just stand by and let you attack our friends?" Miroku started to remove the beads that kept his Windtunnel locked away. "How foolish of you. Kagome was telling the truth, you know. None of us are afraid of you." Shippo jumped on Miroku's shoulder and put up his little fists.

"We may not be quite as strong as you, but we'll put up a really good fight! We won't let you hurt Kagome or Inuyasha!" Sesshomaru laughed. (Creepy thought, I know.)

"You're wasting my time. I have better things to do. Tell Inuyasha that I will return to kill him." With that being said, he walked away. Kagome sighed with relief.

"Thanks, you guys. For a minute there, I really thought he was gonna attack me!" Sango smiled.

"Kagome, you should know that we would never let anything happen to you! We love you!" Miroku nodded in agreement.

"She's right. You're like family to all of us." Shippo jumped into her arms, and Kagome winced in pain.

"Kagome, what's wrong?" Sango asked. "Are you injured like Sesshomaru said?" Kagome nodded. "But don't tell Inuyasha! It'll be hard enough on him to see what he did to those bandits. I don't want him getting upset over me too. Please, guys?" Everyone nodded.

"Don't worry, Kagome. We understand. If Inuyasha knew he injured you, he would be inconsolable. He might even try to make you go home for good. We want you to stay, so I don't think any of us will tell him." Miroku said.

Inuyasha chose that moment to sit up and say, "But what if I already heard everything that happened?"
Inuyasha Puts Up A Front by candie1206
Everyone stared blankly at Inuyasha. Kagome was the first one to speak up.

"Inuyasha, I... I'm so sorry....We should have just told you." Inuyasha shrugged.

"Feh. It's fine. I don't care." Kagome recoiled.

"You don't mean that..... Inuyasha....Don't be this way." Inuyasha crossed him arms over his chest.

"Of course I mean it. What's the big deal? It was just a few humans." A single tear rolled down Kagome's cheek.

"Well, I'm just a human, too! Did you forget about me?!" She ran into the forest, tears streaming down her face.

"Kagome..." Miroku cried out, "Inuyasha, you fool! Why would you say such things to her? We all know you didn't mean it. Now go after her, damn it! Or she might leave us for good!" Inuyasha shook his head.

"I can't. I injured her, don't you get it? In my demon form, I forgot who she was. I broke my promise. She'll never forgive me for that."

"How can you honestly think that, Inuyasha? Don't you know her better than that? She has strong feelings for you, and she always will, no matter what! But, you need to go to her now, because you just made her feel horrible." Sango replied.

"You're right, Sango. But what can I say to her?" Miroku smiled. "Inuyasha, just tell her how you feel. Say whatever's in your heart." Inuyasha nodded, and ran into the forest after Kagome.
Surprise! by candie1206
Inuyasha followed the trail of her scent throughout the forest, until he finally found her. He looked down on her from the top of a tree. Kagome was sitting on the edge of a large pool of water with a magnificent waterfall flowing into it, facing towards him, but she didn't notice him.

She was absentmindedly trailing her hand along the water's surface. She looked so beautiful then, Inuyasha was speechless. Just then, Kagome noticed that someone was coming. She closed her eyes.

"I'm fine, Inuyasha. Please just go away for a little while... I need some time to think." She turned around. "Inuyasha, I said-"

"Hello, Kagome." She was shocked.

"Koga? What are you doing here?"

Kagome's Feelings by candie1206
Koga laughed.

"Why, Kagome, do I need a reason to come see my favorite miko? Now, what has that mutt done to make you upset this time?" Kagome tried to smile.

"Nothing, Koga, I'm fine."

"Whatever! Kagome, you were crying just now! Why don't you just tell me what happened? I promise not to insult Inuyasha, and I won't interrupt or anything. You just look like you really need to talk." Kagome nodded.

"I do. Thank you." Koga grinned.

"Anything for you. You go ahead when you're ready." He sat down to listen.

Kagome paused for a moment, reflecting over everything that had happened lately. She took a deep breath, stood up, and began. Inuyasha watched all of this from his spot in the tree, listening to Kagome explain her problems to Koga.

'Why is she telling all of this to Koga? And why is he being so nice? He's always flirting with her, so why is he being so thoughtful now? I didn't know I hurt her that badly.... I shouldn't have said those things to her.'

Tears fell down her cheeks as she spoke.

"Koga, I just don't want him to forget me! Is that so bad? He tried to say that it didn't bother him that he hurt me, but he can't mean that can he?" Koga stood up, reached out to her, and hugged her.

"Look, Kagome, I don't think it's wrong for you to want him to remember you. Inuyasha cares for you, I can see it in his eyes, in the way he fights to protect you. He's probably afraid to show his true feelings. You've got to remember, Kagome, that he's a half-demon. He has never had anyone treat him the way you do. He's probably not used to it." Kagome sobbed.

"But h-he has Kikyo! He doesn't n-n-need me now that she's b-back! S-she's the one that I-Inu-Inuyasha wants! He doesn't have enough r-room in his heart for me." Koga pulled her tighter.

"Kagome, it may seem like that now, but I know that he has feelings for you. And as much as I may not like it, I know you two belong together. He's the one that you want. If you love him, you'll fight for him. You'll do whatever it takes to make him happy. That's why I've decided to marry Ayame. I will always care for you, but I know you don't feel that way, so I'm going to let you be with Inuyasha." Kagome smiled and the tears began to stop falling.

"You're very sweet Koga. And you're right. I do love Inuyasha, and I'll just have to help him understand that I'll always be there for him, even if he does choose to be with Kikyo, I'll have to learn to accept it. You have always been a good friend to me, and you are a wonderful guy. But I think of you more as my brother. I hope you'll be happy with Ayame." Koga released her.

"I'm glad you feel better. Ginta and Hakakku are ahead of me, so I should go catch up before they get lost. Anyway, if you need to talk again, you know where I live. Come see me."

"Thank you, Koga. I will." Koga waved and ran off deeper into the forest. Kagome sat back down by the water, and Inuyasha decided he should go to her. Kagome turned around just as Inuyasha approached her.

"So, Inuyasha, you heard everything?"
In the background... by candie1206

"Miroku, do you think they're on to us?" Shippo whispered from their hiding spot in the bushes.

Miroku whispered," Shh!!!"

Sango explained, "Shippo, you've got to be quiet, or they WILL hear us, and then we'll never know what's going to happen!"

Shippo nodded. "Okay."

All of a sudden, Sango's face turned bright red. "Miroku, if you don't move your hand, I'm going to move it for you!"

Miroku's hand continued to stroke her butt. "Sango, you know I can't resist! This accursed hand has a will of its own!"

Sango slapped him. "Yeah, well, so does mine."

Miroku touched his face. "Oh well. It was worth it..."

Sango flushed. "Shush! We're missing everything!"

I Don't Hate Her... by candie1206
{Back with Inu and Kagome}
Inuyasha stuttered, "Ka..Kagome... I-I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just, um..."Kagome turned away.

"It's fine, Inuyasha. So, where do we go from here? You just overheard my deepest feelings-"

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't let you know I was there, but I'm not sorry I heard you, because... Now I know how you really feel."

"Oh, Inuyasha... You don't understand, do you? I didn't want you to know all of that. I mean the part about me always being here for you, sure, because I will. But as for everything else? Inuyasha... I only told Koga those things because I needed someone to talk to. I never thought you'd hear me. What I said about Kikyo..."
Flashback! by candie1206
-Flashback-
Koga was still sitting down listening to Kagome pour her heart out.

"Koga, she tried to kill me! Several times! I just...Every time she tries to hurt me, I feel like if I tell Inuyasha, if I try to explain what she did, I'd be like a little kid tattling on her. She's been so horrible to me, but still I..." Koga looked up at her.

"Go on Kagome. You can say it." Tears slid down her face as she explained.

"She says she hates me, and I know I have plenty of reasons to hate her... but I don't. I don't want anything bad to happen to her. I can't hate her... because I know it would hurt Inuyasha."
-End Flashback-
The True Reason by candie1206
Inuyasha had heard the pain in her voice when she said those things. He felt horrible.

"Kagome... I know that you didn't want me to hear that, but I'm still glad I did. Now I know how you truly feel. I just want to know why you kept all this inside. Why didn't you tell me?" Kagome whirled around to face him.

"Because I was ashamed, Inuyasha! I was ashamed..." Inuyasha shrank back.

"Kagome... You were ashamed of me?"

"No! Not of you... Of me. Of my feelings towards Kikyo. I was ashamed because I felt... well... I-I felt... jealous of her."

Don't You Get It Yet? by candie1206

Jealous? But... Why?" Angry tears began to fall down Kagome's face.

"Inuyasha, are you blind? I love you! I always have! I was jealous because I realized that your heart belongs to her, and there's nothing I could do to change that!"

A shadow fell over Inuyasha's face. "Kagome... Do you really mean everything you just said?"

Kagome recoiled. "Inuyasha. Does this seem like the kind of thing I would lie about? Do I seem like that kind of person to you?"

Inuyasha hung his head. "No. Of course not. I was only asking. Kagome.... We need to talk."

Say What?! by candie1206
Kagome didn't seem shocked.

"Alright." They sat down at the edge of the water together.

"Kagome..."

"Inuyasha, don't worry about it. For a long time I've known this day would come. I used to dread it, but I reealized it was inevitable." Inuyasha's face fell.

"Kagome, I just... I just wanted you to know..." Kagome stood up.

"Inuyasha, would you hurry-"

"Kagome, I love you too!"
And, We're Off! by candie1206
{Back in the bushes...}
"Miroku, we should leave..." Sango looked embarassed.

"You're right, Sango. Now it's not our business anymore. Besides, we should go to the village and see if we can get a place to stay." Shippo looked up at them.

"So, we're just gonna leave? But what about Kagome? I wanna see what happens!" Miroku placed a hand on the little demon's shoulder.

"Shippo, calm down! We'll know soon enough. Let them tell us when they're ready. Until then, we wait." Shippo sighed.

"Okay, Miroku. But we'd better leave them a note." Sango quicked scribbled a few words on a piece of paper, and pinned it to Kagome's backpack. She smiled.

"Alright guys, let's see if Miroku can get us a place to sleep."
Not Fair! by candie1206
{Back with Inu and Kagome}
"Kagome, I love you too!" Kagome gasped slightly and her eyes grew wide. Slowly, tears began to well up in them, and she sank back down to her knees. Her hands flew to her face, and she began to sob uncontrolably.

"Not fair..." Inuyasha was surprised.

"What, Kagome?" "I said, not fair! NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR!"

"W-what do you mean?" Kagome looked up at him, her brown eyes shining with emotion.

"I mean, why would you say that? Why now, of all times? After everything that's happened lately, after all we've been through, why did you choose now to tell me that?! It's not fair!"

Inuyasha stared at Kagome, trying to find the meaning to what she had said. "Kagome, I don't get it. I had hoped that you'd-"

"That I'd what? Fall into your arms? Or what? Were you gonna take a page from Miroku's book and try and make your move on me?"

"Aww, come on, Kagome! You know I'm not like that!"

"What then?!"

Inuyasha's face fell. "I was hoping you'd be happy!"

Kagome shook her head. "How could you honestly think that I'd be happy? I can't be, because I don't believe you really meant it when you said you loved me."
A Triangle?! by candie1206
Inuyasha dropped to the ground beside Kagome. "Why, Kagome? Why would you say that?"

"Because, Inuyasha. I know that you still love Kikyo, and I don't mind that. I just wish you wouldn't string me along like this."

Inuyasha was stunned. "What do you mean?"

"You can't make up your mind! But that's okay. I wouldn't ask you to forget her, because I know you can't. But please, PLEASE, don't ever say you love me again. Not until you really mean it. I can't handle it, okay?!"

Inuyasha lowered his head. "Kagome, I had no idea..."

"That's right, you didn't! Because after Kikyo was done trying to kill me, and after I saved her ungrateful ass, you got busy making your move on her!"

Inuyasha looked up in dismay. "What are you talking about? I never made a move on her!"

Kagome's eyes blazed. "Inuyasha, how dare you. I saw you kiss her!"

His eyes widened. "Kagome, I understand that you think you saw me kiss her, but I didn't! She kissed me! Look let's go over this okay? Think back..."
Ooh, Another Flashback... by candie1206
-Flashback-
{About 3 or 4 days ago, everyone is sitting down, taking a break, when all of a sudden Kagome senses that Kikyo is near.} "Um, I think I'll go for a walk." She walked in the direction of the forest, and Inuyasha stood up. "I'll go with you." Kagome blushed, because she knew that he could smell that Kikyo was nearby. "Okay." Sango started gigling, and Miroku cleared his throat. "Aw, shut up you two!" Inuyasha grumbled. The had been walking for sometime when Kagome stopped. "Inuyasha, something's wrong. There's a barrier up ahead. I have a very strong feeling that you aren't going to be able to pass through it. She's calling to me. I have to go. Inuyasha started to protest, but thought better of it, and nodded his head. "Do what you gotta do." Kagome walked deeper into the forest, afraid of what she would find.

Kagome passed through the barrier effortlessly, waving goodbye to Inuyasha as she went. 'For his sake, I hope she's okay,' She thought as she wandered farther into the forest. Soon, the sun began to set, and not long after that, Kagome could barely see anything at all. She continued to walk through the forest, and slowly she began to see a faint blue light up ahead. 'That must be where Kikyo is!' She folled the strange glow even deeper into the forest, wishing more and more that she'd never come in.

Kagome had been walking for a long time, when she finally came upon the spot where Kikyo dwelled. She was barely conscious, and clutching to her chest as she tried to breathe. Kagome ran to her. "Kikyo, are you alright? What happened?" Kikyo slowly raised her head to look at Kagome. "W-What are you doing her?" Kagome looked blankly at her. "Did you forget? A part of my soul is in you. It called to me. But forget about why I'm here. Why are you here?" Kikyo snorted in disgust. "Naraku." "What?! He was here?! Well, what did he do?" "I was sleeping in the nearby village last night, and he attacked me. I managed to stop im from killing me, but I was already infected with his miyasma." "What? But you're a priestess! Shouldn't you be able to dispel the miyasma?" Kikyo smiled weakly. "No. I am too weak right now. It is coursing it's way through my body as we speak. By sunrise I will be dead. For good this time." Kagome sighed. "Well, is there anything that I can do?" "Well, you could disperse the miyasma, but I couldn't ask you to." Kagome smiled. "Haven't you figured it out yet? I won't let you die." Kikyo look surprised. "Why not?" Because Inuyasha would be heartbroken if you weren't around anymore." Kikyo smirked. "Same for you."
The Trap by candie1206
Author's Notes:
Still in flashback...
Kagome blushed. "Um...Thanks...I guess." "So, have you told him that you're in love with him yet?" Kagome blushed 12 different shades of red. "Umm, what are you talking about?" Kikyo smirked. "Ah. You're too embarassed to tell him. Oh well. Maybe it's for the best. Wouldn't want to confuse him, would you?" Kagome turned away. "Can we just get this over with? What do I have to do?" "Just place your hands on my wound." Kagome did. "Now what?" "Now we pray. They did. When the miyasma was gone, Kagome stood up. "Is that all?" Kikyo nodded. "Yes. The miyasma is gone. The wound will heal overnight. I'll be fine." Kagome rolled her eyes and thought to herself, 'Wow, you can tell just how grateful she is.' "I'm not going to say thank you, becasue you had a choice." Kagome jerked back. "What are you talking about? There was no choice! Saving someone's life isn't a choice! It's something any normal person would do!" "That is still a choice. Not everyone feels that ways, so I don't owe you anything. In fact..." Kagome was worried. She had left her bow and arrows back with Inuyasha. "In fact, what?" Kikyo grabbed her own bow and an arrow.. "In fact, now that the miyasma is disapated, I have no use for you anymore." She raised her bow.

Kikyo was ready to shoot Kagome right through the heart, until she looked past Kagome, and saw Inuyasha standing in the shadows. Kagome closed her eyes, and awaited death. Kikyo momentarily lost concentration, and shot her arrow without really looking at Kagome. Kagome opened her eyes just in time to see the arrow scrape past her cheek, leaving a long cut in its wake.

Kagome fell to her knees, bringing her hand up to her cheek. "Why? Why, Kikyo?What the hell did I ever do to you?! What could I have possibly done to make you hate me so much? Was it all those times I saved you? Huh? Do you want to die that badly? 'Cause if you do.. damnit Kikyo, keep me out of it! You know I won't let you die if I can help it, and I'll be damned before I let you die because of Naraku, but...damn you." Kikyo smirked. "You haven't realized it yet? I want you dead becasue of him." She pointed beyond Kagome at Inuyasha.
Kagome, A Thief?! by candie1206
Kagome lowered her head. "Inuyasha. I thought...the barrier...I didn't know you were there..." Inuyasha walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Well, apparently she was too bust trying to kill you to keep up her concentration on the barrier." He looked into Kagome's eyes. "Kagome, I need to ask you a favor." Kagome nodded. "Sure, Inuyasha. Anything." "Kagome... I need you to leave. Kikyo and I... We have some unfinished business to take care of." Kagome inhaled sharply. She thought, "Should I really leave him here alone with her? Oh, but if I don't...' She closed her eyes. 'He's smart enough to make his own decisions. If he wants to stay with her, I'll have to respect that.' She opened her eyes again. "Okay, Inuyasha. I'll be waiting up ahead. Please hurry." He nodded. "I will. Don't worry." Kagome walked away leaving Inuyasha and Kikyo alone behind her.

Once Kagome had gone, Kikyo steped closer to Inuyasha. "So, Inuyasha, what unfinished business were you speaking of? Have you finally come to your senses and realized that you belong with me?" (Eww, gag.) Inuyasha scoffed. "What are you, kidding? You almost killed Kagome! Wht, did you think barely resisting the urge to kill her would make me want to stay with you. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Kikyo moved closer to him. "Inuyasha, I spared her for your sake. You should be glad." "Why were you gonna kill her in this first place? She didn't do anything to you!" Kikyo frowned. "Yes, she did, Inuyasha. She stole something from me." "Like what?!" She smirked. "You."
Inuyasha Finally Gets It! by candie1206
{In another part of the forest.}
Kagome was getting worried about Inuyasha. She decided to go make sure he was okay.

{Back with Inuyasha and Kikyo}
"Kikyo. She didn't steal my heart from you. It hasn't belonged to you in a long time. And I don't really care what your stupid reasons are. They'll never be good enough. Nothing will ever make me forgive you for what you've done. You can forget all about me ever caring for you again. It's obvious we don't belong together. It just took me a very long time to realize it." Kikyo rolled her eyes. "Oh, come off it, Inuyasha! I barely even scratched her. She'll be fine. It's nothing to get all worked up about." "I'm not just talking about that! I'm taking about everything! She's been nothing but good to you, and this is how you repay her. Face it, Kikyo, when you died fifty years ago, you lost all of your feelings. Except for hate. You don't love me. You just want revenge. I'm not the one you should be mad at. But go ahead, blame me all you want. Just don't ever hurt Kagome again, or I will personally rip your throat out with my bare hands." Kikyo sensed Kagome drawing near, so she moved even closer to Inuyasha. "What are you doing, Kikyo?" Kikyo kissed him jsut as Kagome walked into the area.

Kagome gasped, and tears pooled up in her eyes. "Oh, Inuyasha. How could you?" Inuyasha pushed Kikyo away. "Kagome, it's not what you think! Please, come back?" Kagome ran out of the forest. Inuyasha growled low in his throat. "Damn you, Kikyo! You planned this whole thing!" Kikyo laughed. "She'll never forgive you for that. You'll come back to me soon enough. And then, when you do, we will finally be together in the fiery pits of hell." Inuyasha lunged foward, and Kikyo's soul collecters carried her into the air. "I'll be damned if I will! Kikyo, I promise you this: You will die alone, and long before I do! One day, I'll make you pay for what you did!" He ran off, following Kagome's scent out of the forest.

{Later}
Inuyasha found Kagome sitting in a field looking up at the stars. "Kagome." Kagome's voice was full of pain. "Go away, Inuyasha. I don't wanna hear it." Inuyasha was upset. "But, Kagome?" Kagome stood up and turned around. "No, Inuyasha. I'm done." "Done with what?" "With you, with her, with all of this. Once we beat Naraku, I'm going home."
Over the next few days, Inuyasha kept trying to explain what had happened, but Kagome wouldn't even look at him.

-End Flashback-
Huh?! by candie1206
-Back in Present Time-
{In The Village Headman's House}
Sango's face was bright red because Miroku was in the process of asking all 9 of the Headman's daughters to bear his children. She stood up, grabbing her weapon as she did, and started to walk outside. "Wait, Sango! Where are you going?" "Don't worry about it, Miroku. I'll be back eventually." Sango continued to walk until she got to the beach. (Yea, I said it! THE BEACH!) She sat down in the sand, gazing up at the moon, deep in thought. She lost track of time staring at that moon. She didn't even notice when Miroku walked onto the beach. "Sango? Are you alright?" Sango snapped out of her trance. "Oh... Yeah... I'm fine." Miroku sighed. "Sango, please be honest with me." Sango glared at him. "You want honest? I'll show you honest! I'm sick of your constant lechery! You know, it wouldn't bother me at all if you just... Well...nevermind." "Sango... Please, just tell me." Sango put her head on her knees. "Idon't know, Miroku. I just...I...um..." Miroku grinned at her. "Don't worry about it, Sango. You can tell me anything!" "I just..." She blushed. "I just really care for you, and um...well it hurts me when you flirt with all those other women. I...um... well... Damnit, Miroku! Do I mean anything to you?"

Miroku grabbed Sango's hand and gazed into her eyes. "Of course you do!" Sango looked away. "I meant, as, um... as more than a friend." Miroku smiled. "Sango... I love you. I just never thought you felt the same way." "Oh, Miroku. You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that." "ango, I know I flirt alot, but it's only because I never expected that you cared so much for me. But, if it hurts you this badly, I will glady stop." She looked up at him. "Really? Just like that?" He chuckled. "Yes. Just like that.." Sango stood up. "Miroku, I knowit'll be hard for you to just suddenly change your ways..." "Sango... it'll be fine, so long as I have you. That's why... I wanted to ask you something. Would you marry me?"
True Love Overcomes It All by candie1206
Author's Notes:
Now, while we were seeing/reading/whatever that flashback, Inuyasha was finally getting to explain it all to Kagome.
"See, Kagome? Now do you get it? I never kissed her. I told her I didn't love her!" "Oh, Inuyasha. The things I said to you....I'm so sorry. I thought you'd really gone back to her." Inuyasha put his hand on her cheek, and lightly ran his thumb over the almost healed arrow wound. "Kagome, I understand. It makes sense. I'm not angry. I've given you every reason to think that I'd go back to her, and I'm sorry for that, but I want you to know that I'm never going back to her. I could never forgive her for what she did. To both of us. I'll make sure that she never hurts you again, even if that means I have to kill her myself. I told her that too. That if she ever hurt you again, I would kill her. I'm going to protect you from now on. From eveything. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I promise." Kagome grinned. Then she winced in pain, because her wound (The one Inuyasha inflicted in her shoulder) had started bleeding again. Her legs gave out and she started to fall, but Inuyasha caught her. "Kagome, are you alright?" She nodded. "I'll be fine." Inuyasha gently pulled her closer to him. "Kagome... Now that you know what really happened with Kiyo... I need to tell you something." He gazed deeply into her eyes. "Kagome I love you with all of my heart and soul. And I swear to you, right now, that I will never, ever, make you feel the way I did earlier. I was upset, but that's no excuse. I'm sorry." Kagome smiled. "Oh, Inuyasha. Don't feel bad. I said horrible things too. I understand, and the best part is, all of that is behind us now. I love you too. And I always will." With that, Inuyasha pulled Kagome even closer to him, and tenderly kissed her. When they were done, he embraced her gently.

Inuyasha's amber eyes bored into hers, piercing through to her soul. "Kagome. Every day that goes by, I love you more than I did the day before. When I think that there is a chance that I might lose you, I become afraid. Nothing else has ever scared me more."
A Perfect Moment by candie1206
{Back with Sango and Miroku}
Sango look into Miroku's amazing navy eyes. "Do you really mean it, Miroku?" Miroku gazed into her own tear filled turquoise eyes, and smiled. "Of course I do! Sango... I mean this more than I have ever meant anything else in my life. I want to be with you, always, and nothing will ever change that. You are everything to me. I would be the happiest man alive, if you would become my wife. A grin spread across Sango's face. "Yes. Of course I'll marry you!" Miroku wrapped his arms around her gently, bringing her towards him. He slowly brought his lips forward to meet her. They kissed softly, and then they parted. Sango rested her head on Miroku's shoulder, and they sat on that beach, gazing up at the moon for almost an hour before they decided to go back to the headman's house.
The Fateful Question by candie1206
{With Inu and Kags}
Kagome stood up. "Inuyasha... We should go back to the others. They've probably already set up camp." Inuyasha stood as well, and pulled her close to him. "Wait, Kagome." She smiled.. "What is it, Inuyasha?""Kagome, I want to ask you something important." He lowered himself down on one knee, and Kagome blushed with the realization of what was happening. "Inuyasha..." "Kagome, I have already explained how much I care for you, and I know how much you care for me. Lately, I've been wondering what would happen once we defeated Naraku. I thought alot about it, and I realized that you would probably want to go home with your family, and if you still want to, I'm with you all the way. But, either way, if you want to go home, or stay here, I would really like you to be with you. And, if you do want to go home, and I understand that it would be hard, but, I'd like to become human, so that I could still protect you. Or, if you want to stay here, we could do whatever you want. But no matter what happens, one thing remains the same. I want to ask you to be my wife."
To The Village by candie1206
Kagome pulled him up off of the ground, and kissed him tenderly. "Inuyasha, I've thought alot about what would happen too. And I know how I want this to be." She smiled. "I do want to stay here with you, in this era, as your wife." She blushed again. "And, Inuyasha?" "Yes, Kagome?" "I want you to stay as you are. I don't want you becoming human just for me. I know that you'd be miserable, no matter what you say, so I want you to stay here. I fell in love with you as a hanyou, and you don't need to do anything to change that." Inuyasha embraced her gently, remembering her wound from before. "Kagome... No one has ever treated me as wonderfully as you have." He jerked upwards. "What is it, Inuyasha?" He smiled. "Kagome, I just had an idea! Would you like to become a hanyou as well? That would purify the jewel, and your miko powers would intensify. But, I mean, well...Only if you want to!" "Inuyasha, that's perfect! I would love to become an inu-hanyou!" They kissed again, and when they pulled apart, Kagome giggled. "Inuyasha, we really do have to go back to the others. Kami only knows what they're thinking about us!" Inuyasha was reluctant, but he agreed. He picked her up bridal style, and she snuggled up close to his chest. They ran back the the area where all of the day's events had begun to unfold.
The End!!! by candie1206
Author's Notes:
 Last chapter. I might do a sequel, but I need to know what you guys think. Please review!!!
When Inuyasha and Kagome finally made it to the Headman's house, Shippo and Kilala were already asleep. Sango was asleep with her head on Miroku's shoulder, and Miroku's arm was wrapped around her waist. Kagome smiled. "Look's like we're not the only one's who finally showed our love." Inuyasha grunted. "Feh. About time." Sango awoke quickly, as did Miroku. Their faces turned bright red. Kagome laughed. She and Inuyasha sat down. "Don't worry about it guys. We get it." Everyone enjoyed a good laugh, and then the two couples began to explain the nights events. Then, everyone prepared for sleep. Miroku and Sango cuddled close together. Inuyasha picked Kagome up and jumped into a tree, where they also cuddled together. "Inuyasha, will we start the search for Naraku again tomorrow?" He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Naw, I figure we're all a little tired, so we should take the day off to rest." Kagome snuggled closer. "Thank you, Inuyasha. For everything." She drifted off to sleep, and Inuyasha stared at the stars, thankful that he had finally told Kagome how he felt, and very happy that she was going to stay with him for good.
Thoughts? by candie1206
I started a sequel, but I'm unsure of where to go from the point I'm at...... sooo. Any ideas or thoughts are HIGHLY appreciated!
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=458