Revelation by doggieearlover
Summary: An unexpected encounter after the defeat of Naraku provides a long awaited answer to an unasked question
Categories: Humor, General, Angst/ Drama Characters: Inu Yasha, Jaken, Kagome Higurashi, Sesshoumaru's Mother, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: Confessions of Two Hearts
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 306 Read: 2312 Published: 04 Jul 2008 Updated: 04 Jul 2008
Story Notes:
Written for the FirstTweak Challenge Community at LiveJournal
Prompt: Mother
Requirement: Drabble (300 words or less)

1. Revelation by doggieearlover

Revelation by doggieearlover
Author's Notes:
Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other!

 

Revelation

"What just happened?" Kagome asked, looking at the sky.

InuYasha shook his head. "No idea. I didn't know the bastard's mother was still alive."

"So.... We defeat Naraku with Sesshomaru's help, and then his mother comes and chastises him like a bad puppy?"

InuYasha snickered. "I never thought I'd see the day he'd roll belly up like that. Hey, Little Youkai!" The hanyou couldn't help but to laugh.

"My name is Ja-" the little green imp screeched then sighed.

Kagome elbowed InuYasha. "That was Sesshomaru's mother? Where's she been?"

Jaken sighed again and looked at the ground, leaning heavily on the Staff of Two Heads. "She lives in a palace in the clouds."

"Sesshomaru certainly resembles her," Kagome commented.

"In more ways than one," he muttered in return. "She's rather heartless."

"The exact opposite of my mother," InuYasha whispered.

Kagome took his hand and squeezed it. "I'll bet she was warm and loving."

The hanyou only nodded.

"I'm sure she'd be proud of you," Kagome said softly. "We couldn't have defeated Naraku without you."

"No, that was because of you," InuYasha responded. "He didn't have a chance once your powers were unsealed. You should go and tell your mother. I'm sure she's worried."

"Could we wait for your brother to come back? I still wanted to thank him for killing Magatsuhi. I never got the chance," Kagome replied.

"Oi, here he comes." InuYasha nodded in the direction his brother was approaching from, still in his canine form with his mother hot on his tail.

"Enough, Mother!" Sesshomaru said when he returned to his human appearance.

"Hmph! You've become just like your father." With that statement, she flew away.

"Perhaps," Sesshomaru contemplated, "I finally understand."

"Keh?" InuYasha asked.

"Why Father preferred your mother - mine's such a bitch."

Even Jaken wouldn't disagree.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=511