Fire on Ice by Kagomechick
Summary: Kagome higarashi's Ice skating team head to the finals with a new partner. Will they win against the 11 time winning champion ship team?
Categories: Romance, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome, Romance > Miroku/ Sango Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Miroku, Sango
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1634 Read: 5029 Published: 21 Jul 2008 Updated: 21 Jul 2008
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER:  I do not own InuYasha or any of its characters.  They are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi.

1. Chapter 1 by Kagomechick

2. Chapter 2 by Kagomechick

Chapter 1 by Kagomechick

Fire on Ice

 

*Chapter One*

 

“And there goes Kagome Higurashi, Sango Higurashi and Miroku Takoritko doing what looks like a special move.”

 

Kagome and Sango do a split holding hands straight; meanwhile, Miroku does a back flip over their clasped hands.

 

“Whoa, did you see that move?  That was amazing!  Especially doing it Ice Skating!  That must have been their finish because they are out of time.  The score is ten from Sesshoumaru, ten from Jakotsu, ten from Rin, and five from Naraku.  But they still win a trip to the finals … and with a new partner!”

 

“WHAT?!” the group screamed.

 

“A new partner? Awesome!!” exclaimed Kagome.

 

******************************************************************************

 

The next day, Kagome was woken up to Sango yelling and a huge slam. It must have been a milk bottle dong to the head cause Kagome heard the dent in plastic and it came from the kitchen.

 

“YOU PERVERT!” cried Sango.  Kagome forgot that Miroku had stayed the night.  She got dressed in a lovely pink kimono with a purple obi.  Then she prepared her breakfast.  She got out her favorite cereal Cinnamon Toast Crunch and got out the milk bottle.  Of course, her hypothesis was right; the milk bottle had a dent in it. She put everything away and ate her breakfast.  Sango and Miroku already ate theirs and got dressed as well.

 

“Come on!  Let’s get to your apartment Miroku and get our new partner.  He should have moved in by now.  Then we can practice for the finals.  He’ll probably tell us about himself at practice.”

 

Soon they pulled up to Miroku’s apartment.  “Room 214,” he said.

 

‘CREEK’ … Opening up the door, they looked inside.  There was a purple room with one bunk bed.  Sitting on the top bunk was a strange boy.  He had dog-ears, a red outfit, claws and fangs.

 

“Hi.  I’m InuYasha,” the boy exclaimed.

 

“Hi!” said Kagome.  “My name is Kagome, this is my sister Sango, and that guy over there is Miroku, your roommate.  So, you’re a demon?  Cool!  Are you ready for practice?”

 

SLAM!

 

“What was that?”  Kagome, Sango and Miroku asked together.

 

“Great, it’s my sister,” InuYasha said with a cringe.

 

“INUYASHA!”  A girl with red pants and a white shirt came in.

 

“What do you want Kikyo?”  InuYasha said, annoyed.

 

“I need you to take out the trash.”  She skimmed his visitors. “Who are these weird people?”

 

“Weird!  Why I ought a … !” Sango yelled trying to give Kikyo a piece of her mind.  But Miroku held her back.

 

“Now Sango.  Be kind and gentle to this pleasant young lady.”

 

“Oh, I will be kind and pleasant to you if you don’t let go of me,” Sango snarled.  Miroku gulped and quickly let go of her in fear.

 

“Anyway, this is Kagome, Sango, and I am Miroku.”

 

“Why do I care?  Anyway.  InuYasha, I said take out the trash!  Now!” she huffed and left for her apartment down the hall.

 

“Wow!  I have never seen or heard a woman like that,” said Kagome. 

 

“I’ll take her out with the trash,” InuYasha muttered.

 

“WENCH!” he yelled.

 

“WHAT WAS THAT?” Kikyo yelled back.

 

“NOTHING!” InuYasha yelled, hiding under the bottom bunk.

 

“You’re afraid of her?”  Kagome said, bursting out with laughter.

 

InuYasha cringed.  “You don’t know what it is like with her!”

 

“Feh.  I’ve got a eight year old brother that is twice as annoying as her,” Kagome said remembering him.  Chills went down her spine. 

 

“Well we better get practicing.  Come on everyone!  I’ll ride in the back of the buggy with InuYasha.  Sango, you drive,” Kagome said.

 

“Oh yeah!” Sango yelled and they were off to practice.

 

Soon a huge dome appeared in sight.  “There it is!  Hey, who are we competing against?”  Miroku asked.

 

“A guy named Tikormakutsu, another guy named Sauske, a girl named Kaname, and another girl named Sunsai.  They won eleven championships.”  Kagome read in her Ice Skating book.

 

“Wow, sounds like they will be hard to beat.  But, we have our new partner and he better rock,” Sango said.

 

InuYasha moved uncomfortably in his seat.

 

“Relax, I ain’t gonna hurt ya,” Sango responded to his reaction of what she last said.

 

“Uh yeah … and we’re gonna beat the crap out of those people, right?” Kagome asked excitedly, nudging InuYasha with her elbow.

 

“That’s right, Kagome!”  Sango agreed.

 

Pulling up to the front, they all got out of the buggy and went inside to practice.

 

To Be Continued…

End Notes:
Please read and review.
Chapter 2 by Kagomechick

Fire on Ice

 

*Chapter Two*

 

They entered the huge rink and found no one inside.

 

“Well, give me your things and I’ll put them away in our locker,” said InuYasha. As he walked away, there was the team InuYasha and the gang was competing against.

 

“Who are these dweebs?” snarled Sunsai.

 

“Dweebs?  Why I ought a …” yelled Kagome and Sango.  Kags could handle weird but she is not a dweeb.

 

“Now ladies …” Miroku couldn’t finish because he was hit on the head and he passed out.

 

InuYasha came out and stared blankly at the sight before him. There were fists flying between Sunsai, Kaname and Sango, and Kagome was really doing nothing.  The boys, Sauske and Tikormakutsu, were trying to brake up the girls.  InuYasha finally came in and gently hit Sango on the head.  At least it broke them up.

 

“Oww! What was that for?” Sango said rubbing her head.

 

“That was to break you three up,” InuYasha said back.

 

“Well, we’re sorry.  The girls can get a little rough being called names,” InuYasha apologized.

 

“That’s ok. We’re just going to leave so there are no more fights,” said Sauske.

 

“Ok girls, where is Miroku?”  InuYasha demanded.  The two girls sweat dropped and pointed to a purple figure on the ground.  All three leant down and shook him.

 

“What?!  Oh yeah, I got conked on the head by these two aggressive women,” Miroku angrily said.

 

“Ok, before another fight happens, we are sorry,” Kagome said.

 

“Apology accepted,” Miroku said back.

 

“Now, let’s start skating for the finals please!” InuYasha said, growing very impatient.  They all entered the rink and went off doing flips, twirls and jumps.  But Kagome didn’t.  She looked at InuYasha for a very long time admiring him.  Something was different about her right now.

 

“Is it possible I like InuYasha?” she thought.  “ Naa, but still what is this new feeling?”

 

InuYasha came to Kagome and asked her to skate, making her blush.  Kagome was flattered and she accepted.  Miroku and Sango came off the ice and went to the control panel.  Sango pulled a lever and the lights went off then a spotlight appeared.  Miroku pulled another lever and “Sweet Child O’ Mine“ by Guns & Roses came on the large speakers. 

 

She's got a smile that it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories

Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky

Now and then when I see her face

She takes me away to that special place

And if I'd stare too long, I'd probably break down and cry

Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet child o' mine

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet love of mine

 

Kagome and InuYasha stopped and looked around and then at each other. Then InuYasha grinned at her, grabbed her hand again, and led her around the rink in an ice dance.

 

She's got eyes of the bluest skies

As if they thought of rain

I hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain

Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place

Where as a child I'd hide

And pray for the thunder

And the rain to quietly pass me by

 

Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet child o' mine

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet love of mine

 

Miroku and Sango starred at them in awe.  They were amazed at how well they skated together. InuYasha easily held Kagome up over his head and twirled her around.

 

Oh, Oh, Oh, yea

Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet child o' mine

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet love of mine

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet child o' mine

Oh, Sweet love of mine

 

Kagome and InuYasha were so lost in each other they didn’t realize they were being watched.  InuYasha spun Kagome threw her in the air and she nailed the landing perfectly.

 

Where do we go?

Where do we go now?

Where do we go?

Oh, Oh, Where do we go?

Oh, Where do we go now?

 

Where do we go?

oh, (sweet child)

Where do we go now?

Oh, Where do we go now?

Oh, Where do we go?

Oh, Where do we go now?

Oh, Where do we go?

Where do we go now?

Where do we go?

Oh, Where do we go now?

No, No, No, No, No, No

Sweet child, Sweet Child of mine

 

The song ended with InuYasha holding Kagome around her waist and she was leaning back.  They jumped apart and blushed when they heard Sango and Miroku clapping.

 

“You guys freakin’ rock!” exclaimed Sango and Miroku. “If you guys skate like that, we’re sure to win!”

 

None of the four noticed they had company.  The other team had not left after all.  They stayed behind to see the practice.  Now that they saw what they’re up against, they left to make plans.

 

To be continued…

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=550