Just Give Me a Chance by animefanart
Summary:

Kagome starts to wonder if InuYasha will ever get over Kikyo. He sees her now, almost every day. Kagome's love for the half demon begins to weaken, as Kouga comforts her. Each day, Kagome gets further away from InuYasha and closer and closer to Kouga... will she decide to give Kouga a chance??? Kouga/Kagome


Categories: Romance > Kouga/ Kagome Characters: Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 6838 Read: 80463 Published: 24 Jul 2008 Updated: 14 Sep 2008

1. Tears by animefanart

2. Mixed Feelings by animefanart

3. Jealousy by animefanart

4. Heartbroken and Confused by animefanart

5. Could this be love? by animefanart

6. Falling For Him by animefanart

7. Sweet Dreams by animefanart

8. Her Decision by animefanart

9. Goodbye by animefanart

10. The Right Choice? by animefanart

11. Realization by animefanart

Tears by animefanart

 (I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter one: Tears

______________________________________________________________________

 Kouga begging Kagome to give him a chance.

"Kagome, just give me a chance." The wolf demon pleaded

Kagome looked into his crystal blue eyes and he looked into her beautiful brown ones. The look on his face, made her heart pound loudly in her chest. InuYasha never showed his true feelings like Kouga had... InuYasha always made her feel like a replacement for Kikyo. She knew it would take InuYasha a while to get over Kikyo, but now he seemed to be visiting her everyday. It made her heart break more each time and she knew her heart wouldn't be able to take much more of it. Kouga on the other hand was never afraid to show his true feelings. He was always so nice to her and even brought her gifts to show that he cared. Kouga made her feel special, so why not give him a chance???

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Ok, let's just rewind this story a bit...

Kagome, InuYasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara were traveling in search of Naraku's castle. They stopped to take a break by the river and that's when Kikyo's soul collectors were seen flying above their heads. InuYasha immediately was on his feet, chasing after them in a pursuit to see his first love. Kagome, quietly snuck away to silently cry her heart out, wondering if InuYasha would ever love her the way he loves Kikyo. Meanwhile, Kouga was traveling with his two comrades, Ginta and Hakkaku when...

*Kouga's POV*

Lifting my nose to the air, I inhaled the familiar scent of honeydew melon. I grinned at the thought of seeing Kagome again. I glanced behind me and saw, as usual, Ginta and Hakkaku were falling behind.

"Hey! Ginta, Hakkaku, I'm going on ahead." I yelled as I picked up speed.

As I ran faster and faster, the scent of Kagome grew stronger. I could also smell the mutt face... but it seemed he was heading in the opposite direction of Kagome. Leaving Kagome alone... If she gets hurt, I'll tear that mutt to shreds!!! Running faster, thoughts of her warm, smiling face filled my mind. She's always so cheerful and happy. I wish I could wake up and see her smile every day.

Running through the forest, I finally came apon a clearing. I could hear crying and the smell of salt was mixed in with Kagome's sweet scent. Then I saw her. Sitting on a well, crying her heart out. I balled my hand into a fist at the thinking that the mutt caused her so much pain. I wanted her tears to stop, to see her smile again. I slowly walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Kagome..."

"Ko- kouga What are you doing here?" 

"Kagome, why are you crying?"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Mixed Feelings by animefanart

(PLEASE COMMENT and REVIEW.. I don't own any of the InuYasha characters. Enjoy~)

Chapter two: Mixed Feelings

_________________________________________________________________________

Recap: I wanted her tears to stop, to see her smile again. I slowly walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Kagome..."

"Ko- kouga What are you doing here?" 

"Kagome, why are you crying?"

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Kagome's POV*

I don't know why I try... why I love him. He's so stuborn, jealous, and blind when it comes to love... I know he will never love me, not the way he loves Kikyo... But.... No matter how hard I try, I just can't stop loving him. When I see InuYasha run off to see her, it's just so painful. My heart swells with emotion. In an attempt to hide my broken heart, I run. I run away from everyone, so that my tears fall unnoticed. My heart aches for something.... for someone.

I run, not knowing exactly where I'm going. Branches scrape and scratch at my arms and legs, but I keep running. At last, the forest opens up, revealing the sacred well. I walk up to it and run my hand along the wood that connects my time to InuYasha's time. A tear runs down my cheek and falls into the well. Another tear slides down my face before I eventually break into sobs. I sit down on the well and let all my unreturned feelings pour out of me.

As I sit there and cry, I don't pay too much attention to my current surroundings. I didn't feel the sacred jewel shards heading towards me, and I didn't hear his footsteps as he walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. I simply looked up at him, his blue eyes staring into mine.

"Kagome..."

"Ko- kouga What are you doing here?"

"Kagome, why are you crying?"

"I was just,... I'm crying because,... InuYasha,...he just.."

I felt so stupid and I didn't know what else to say, so I simply cried onto his shoulder. Kouga immediately wrapped his arms around me and held me. I continued to cry untill I had no tears left, leaving me with a sad, empty feeling.

"Kagome, please don't cry anymore." He said, gently running his fingers through my hair.

"I want to see you smile again. You're beautiful when you smile."

My heart was pounding and I blushed as I realized how close we were. I knew I should be heading back soon, but it felt so good to be wrapped in Kouga's arms.

"Thankyou Kouga, I'm feeling better now."

"Of course, I'll always be there for you, Kagome. Now, please tell me why you were crying." He said, not letting go of me.

"It's just that InuYasha's been leaving me to see Kikyo everyday now. And it's just.. I don't think he'll ever,... love me, the same way he does Kikyo."

"If that Mutt doesn't love you, then he's dumber than I thought. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met, Kagome."

I blushed even more at his kind words, InuYasha would never say anything like that to me. Kouga is so much more of a gentle man, compared to InuYasha who is normally a jerk. I rested my head on Kouga's chest and for the first time in my life, I felt complete. I wonder, am I actually falling for him?

A few minutes later, though, we heard shouting as Ginta and Hakkaku came running towards us. Kouga stood up and shouted back at them.

"Kouga...there...you are..." Ginta said, apparently out of breath.

"We've been.... looking.... everywhere. Oh... hey... Kagome!!!"

"Kouga... should... we.... get going?" Hakkaku asked, out of breath as well.

Kouga glanced back at me and noticed my disappointed look.

"Hey, what's the rush? Why don't we rest here with Kagome for a little while? You guys look exhasted." He casually replied.

I was surprised, but glad because I would get a chance to think things through, and sort out my new feelings.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Jealousy by animefanart

(PLEASE COMMENT and REVIEW.. I don't own any of the InuYasha characters. Enjoy~)

Chapter three: Jealousy

______________________________________________________________

Recap: Kouga glanced back at me and noticed my disappointed look.

"Hey, what's the rush? Why don't we rest here with Kagome for a little while? You guys look exhasted." He casually replied.

I was surprised, but glad because I would get a chance to think things through, and sort out my new feelings.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*InuYasha's POV*

 Returning back to camp, I noticed that Kagome wasn't there. Panicking, I quickly try find her scent. I catch her scent... along with a certain mangy wolf.

"Kouga..."

Suddenly a tornado knocks into me. I look up to see Kouga holding Kagome and a wave of anger washes over me.

"Oops.. Sorry, didn't ya there Mutt." He lied

"Where the hell were you? And what were you doing with Kouga?!?!" I questioned Kagome

"None of your business, Mutt!" Kouga growled

"What do you mean, none of my business?!?! MANGY WOLF!!!"

"You heard what I said!!! It's none of your business!!!! MUTTFACE!!!"

I was about to draw my sword and fight him, but Kagome broke in.

"Will both of you, SHUT UP!!!! InuYasha, what I do, IS none of your business. Just like I don't ask what happened between you and Kikyo!" Kagome yelled

I noticed a few tears filled her eyes and stained her cheeks, when she mentioned me and Kikyo... and I felt a sting of guilt. Letting go of my sword, I was about to go over and hug her, but Kouga beat me to it. He embraced her and she cried into his chest. I felt defeated. My ears drooped and I walked away, knowing that there was nothing I could do or say to make things better. It will be better if I talk to her when she is in a better, more relaxed mood. I need to give her some time to cool down.

And then, I heard her say those words...

"I love you, Kouga."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Heartbroken and Confused by animefanart

(PLEASE COMMENT AND REVIEW!!! I don't own any of the InuYasha characters. Enjoy~)

Chapter Four: Heartbroken and Confused

_________________________________________________________________________

Recap:

And then, I heard her say those words...

"I love you, Kouga."

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Kagome's POV*

"I love you, Kouga."

I can not believe I just said that! But, those words... they just slipped out of my mouth! Maybe he didn't hear it...

"What did you say, Kagome?" Kouga asked me, eyes wide with surprise

"I didn't say anything!" I said quickly, hoping he would fall for my obvious lie

Raising an eyebrow in question, he pulled away slightly, but kept his hands firm on my shoulders.

"Did you just say that you loved me?"

"No! I mean, it just slipped out. I didn't mean to sa..."

I was cut off when Kouga placed his lips, softly on mine. I wasn't expecting this, but the feeling was magical. After a moment, I pulled away. As I pulled away, I noticed that InuYasha was gone.

"Kouga, stop.. I didn't mean to say that just now. I was all emotional and confused." I said truthfully

"But Kagome..."

"I gotta go..." I said, walking away

"Want me to come with you?" He said, walking in the same direction

"No, I want to be alone for a while."

____________________________________________________

 

*Kouga POV*

I was so close!!! When I kissed her, she didn't resist. She kissed me back. If she liked it, then why did she pull away???

*sigh*

"Maybe, she just needs some time. But sooner or later, one way or anouther... Kagome, you will be my woman." I whispered under my breath, as I watched her walk into the woods.

____________________________________________________

End Chapter

Could this be love? by animefanart
(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter five: Could this be love?

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

 *sigh*

"Maybe, she just needs some time. But sooner or later, one way or another... Kagome, you will be my woman." I whispered under my breath, as I watched her walk into the woods.

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*InuYasha's POV*

"Damn it!!!  I've lost her... to kouga. How could she fall for a guy like him?

I mean... I thought she loved m-..." 

 

"What are you doing?" Said the young fox demon, appearing out of no where.

"Can't a guy come up here to think once in a while??!?" I said, almost falling off the tree branch.

"Well, Kagome's looking for you."

I suddenly heard her voice calling me and put my hand over shippo's mouth.

"Inuyasha!" I saw kagome call out, as she came into view.

"Where is he?"

As she passed by, I let go of shippo and sighed.

"Inuyasha, why are you hiding? Did you guys have another fight or something?"

"None of your bussiness, runt!" I answered him.

"Is it because of Kouga?" Shippo guessed.

"Shut up!" I said, hitting him on the head.

"Just leave me alone, Shippo." I said jumping out of the tree and walking away.

____________________________________________________

 

*Kagome's POV*

"Inuyasha!" I called out.

"Where is he?"

*Sigh*

I'll never find him.... he's probably upset because he thinks love Kouga. That's..impossible. I don't love Kouga.

 

I stop walking and look around.

 

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"I sense a sacred jewel shard!!"

I reach for an arrow, but realize that I left them at the village.

His evil laughter then echoes through the forest.

"Naraku!"

"Kagome... how careless of you to forget your arrows..." His voice mocked.

"Inuyasha isn't with you either. How sad it is that he won't be here to bear witness to your demise."

A demon puppet of Naraku suddenly appeared and grabbed me.

"INUYASHA!!!" I screamed out in hopes that he'd hear me.

"It's pointless, Inuyasha isn't here, no one's going to save you this time."

I shut my eyes and prayed that someone one come..

And as luck would have it, my prayers were answered!

Kouga shot out of the forest and knocked the demon puppet down. I felt it loose it's grip on me and broke free.

"Are you ok, Kagome?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied.

 "You left these at the village." He said, handing me my bow & arrows.

"I got worried so I went looking for you."

I nodded and placed an arrow on the bow.

 

"Hmph... so the wolf came to your rescue..." Naraku's said, "no matter, I still got what I came for."

I fired my arrow at the demon puppet and it disappeared.

I breathed a sigh of relief, but gasped at as I realized Naraku's goal.

"What's wrong???" He asked.

"The jewel shards are gone!" I told him.

"So that was his goal.. damn that Naraku. We should get back to the village. Are you sure you're not hurt?"

"Yeah.. I'm alrigh-" I stopped mid-sentence, stumbling down in pain.

"I think I hurt my ankle."

"Here, get on my back, I'll carry you back." Kouga said kneeling down next to me.

I did as I was told and he began to take me back to the village.

"Hey Kouga,... thanks for saving me."

"I'll always be there when you need me Kagome. I love you and I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

I felt my heart pound, nodded, and laid my head against him.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Falling For Him by animefanart

(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter Six: Falling For Him

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

"I'll always be there when you need me Kagome. I love you and I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

I felt my heart pound, nodded, and laid my head against him.

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Sango's POV*

"I wonder where Kagome & Inuyasha have gone.." I said.

"Knowing them, they probably had another fight." Miroku answered.

"Probably..." I said looking up at the sky, "But we haven't seen them since this morning."

Inuyasha left us to look for Kikyo and then Kagome just disappeared.

 

"Hey, isn't that kouga over there?" Miroku asked pointing in the direction of the forest.

I looked over and saw Kouga walking towards us with Kagome on his back.

"You're right.., and he's carrying Kagome!" I exclaimed and ran over to them.

 

"What happened??? Is Kagome alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah, she just hurt her ankle." Kouga answered, "She was attacked by one of Naraku's demon puppets.."

"Naraku's demon puppet!!?!" Miroku & I exclaimed at the same time.

"Don't worry, I'm fine!!!" Kagome said getting off of Kouga, "Kouga came just in time and helped defeat it. Unfortunately, Naraku made it off with our the Jewel shards."

"Wait, you mean all of them?" I asked.

"Yeah.., I'm sorry guys. He must of stole them when it grabbed me." Kagome said.

"It's ok, Kagome. At least you're not badly injured." I said.

"How's your ankle, anyway?" Kouga asked.

"It's not bleeding or anything..," Kagome said, "I think it was just a sprain."

"Kagome, could I talk to you about something... let's go over to the hot springs." I said.

Kagome smiled. "Thats a great idea, Sango."

"We'll see you guys later!" We said, walking off towards the hot springs.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Later, at the hot springs.

"This feels great.." Kagome said, relaxing in the water.

"Say, Kagome?" I began.

"Hmm?"

"What happened earlier, after you left..? Did you and Inuyasha have a fight?"

"No.. not really."

"Well, what did happen? Normally when Kouga's around, Inuyasha gets jealous and won't leave you two alone."

Kagome sighed.

"Well, I ran off towards the well, sat down and cried.."

"Wait, why were you crying?" I asked.

"Because Inuyasha is too blinded by Kikyo to realize how I feel about him."

"So you admit you love Inuyasha?!!" I asked.

"I guess so. Anyways.. I was crying and then Kouga appeared, asking why I was crying. I was so upset that I didn't know what to say, so I just cried into his shoulder.."

"And what did he do?" I asked.

"He embraced me and told me not to cry anymore, and that I'm beautiful when I smile. He really cares about me."

"So, how do you feel about him?"

"I'm really not sure, Sango. Earlier on, I was so upset that I told him I loved him, right in front of Inuyasha! I didn't mean to, but then Kouga kissed me.."

"Hold on, he kissed you! Did Inuyasha see it???"

"I'm not sure. When I turned around, he was gone. Ugh, I'm so confused!!! Part of me loves Inuyasha, but I think part of me is falling for Kouga!" She exclaimed.

"It'll be ok, Kagome. I'm sure you'll figure things out, eventually." I said, trying to calm her down.

"I sure hope you're right, Sango.."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Sweet Dreams by animefanart

(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter Seven: Sweet Dreams

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

"I'm not sure. When I turned around, he was gone. Ugh, I'm so confused!!! Part of me loves Inuyasha, but I think part of me is falling for Kouga!" She exclaimed.

"It'll be ok, Kagome. I'm sure you'll figure things out, eventually." I said, trying to calm her down.

"I sure hope you're right, Sango.."

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Kouga's POV*

Curious about what they were going to discuss, I followed them, secretly, to listen in on their conversation. Keeping my back to them, I sat there, hidden behind a large tree near the hot spring, trying to piece together what I had just heard.

'So, she does have feelings for me after all..,' I thought. 'But she also has feelings for the mutt. He constantly abandons her for his old girlfriend! He breaks her heart. You deserve better than that, Kagome..'

I slowly stood up and left, knowing that if I stayed much longer, sooner or later Kagome would sense the jewel shards in my legs.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*Kagome's POV*

As we headed back to the village, I felt a sting of guilt, remembering the kiss I had shared with Kouga. Of course, it was him, not me who started it. But the fact remained that I had kissed back. I sighed as I thought back to the day when I had witnessed Inuyasha kiss Kikyo.

Reaching the village, I could see Inuyasha leaning up against the sacred tree. I looked at him and he looked at me. Our eyes locked and everything seemed to stand still as we tried to read each other's facial expressions.

Then, in one swift movement he looked away and I kept walking in silence. The sun was setting and everyone was tired, so we all went to sleep.

~o~o~o~o~o~x~o~o~o~o~o~

*Kagome's Dream* 

"Inuyasha!" I called as I ran through the endless forest.

Naraku's laughter echoes through the trees. I ran faster. The demons were closing in on me.

"Inuyasha!!" I called louder.

More laughter is heard.

The forest opens up to reveal Inuyasha embracing Kikyo.

"I-Inuyasha?" I breathed out.

He looked at me.

"You're nothing, compared to Kikyo." He said. "And now that I have her, I don't need you anymore."

Tears ran down my face. The demons swooped down upon me and I closed my eyes.

When nothing happened, I opened my eyes and saw Kouga battling all the demons. They all seemed to disappear. He walked up to me and held my hand in his.

"Are you ok, Kagome?" He asked me.

"Yeah.." I responded.

We stared at each other, leaning closer and closer, untill we kissed.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*Kagome's POV* 

I awoke, my heart pounding heavily in my chest. I looked around.

It was still dark out and Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo, & Kouga were all still sound asleep.

Climbing out of my sleeping bag, I quietly walked away. I sat down by the river, thinking about my dream. I stared into the water, watching the moon's reflection.

Suddenly, I saw Kouga's reflection in the water. I turned around slowly and saw him standing there.

"Hey Kagome. Couldn't sleep?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah.." I said, looking back at the water.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Her Decision by animefanart

(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter Eight: Her Decision

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

Suddenly, I saw Kouga's reflection in the water. I turned around slowly and saw him standing there.

"Hey Kagome. Couldn't sleep?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah.." I said, looking back at the water.

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Kouga's POV*

Kagome stared into the water for a long time and I wondered what she was thinking about. After a while, she finally spoke.

"Kouga, why do you love me? Is it just because I have the ability to see the Jewel shards?"

"Of course not! I love you, because you're the kindest, bravest, and most beautiful woman I have ever met."

"Kouga.., do you really mean that?"

"Every word, Kagome."

She smiled, reached over, and kissed me, lightly on the cheek. I was surprised, but took that moment to wrap my arm around her waist. She rested her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*Kagome's POV*

I wasn't sure if what I was doing was right, but at that moment, it sure felt like it was.

I stayed there, with his arm around me, for what felt like hours.. until I eventually fell asleep in his arms.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*Kouga's POV*

If I could, I'd stay like that forever, just holding her in my arms. Picking her up, I carried her back to the camp site and gently placed her in her sleeping bag.

I pushed some stray hairs away from her face, kissed her forehead, and smiled.

'She looks like an angel in her sleep.'

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Kagome's POV*

The next morning, I awoke, to the light shining on my face and the soft chirps of birds reaching my ears. My eyelids slowly lifted as my eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight. Climbing out of my sleeping bag, I suddenly remembered what took place last night, by the river.

'That's right.., I was sitting with Kouga. I must have fallen asleep.'

 

I stood, my hand on my heart, as I stared up at the sky.

'What happened last night.., was it real?'

 

My heartbeat quickened as I recalled my earlier actions.

 'The way I felt... I'm sure of it now.'

 I looked over with confidence, at Inuyasha's sleeping form, just as he began to stir.

 

'I think I'm in love with...,'

 

"Kagome.."

My thoughts were interrupted by Kouga's voice and I turned around to see him standing there, a hand behind his back.

"Kouga.." I said.

He got down on one knee and brought out a flower from behind his back, offering it to me like a wedding ring.

 

"Kagome, just give me a chance."

 

I gasped in surprise, putting my hands over my mouth.

Just as I was about to speak, Inuyasha came over and wacked Kouga on the head.

"What do you think you're doing, ya Mangy Wolf?!??"

"I believe I was talking to Kagome. What's it to you, Muttface?!!"

"Well, I believe Kagome and I have some Jewel fragments to look for!"

"Maybe she'd rather go looking for them, with me!!!"

"She's not going with any Mangy Wolf, like you!!!"

"Hey!!! Can't I have a say in this???" I asked, getting annoyed.

They both stopped fighting and turned to look at me.

"Inuyasha, to you I'm only a jewel detector.. and a replacement for Kikyo. I'm tired of being thought of that way. And I'm tired of my heart being tossed around, like some toy. Kouga cares about me, Inuyasha. He really loves me and.."

"Kagome, you're not seriously thinking of going with this wolf are you?" Inuyasha asked, his expression unreadable.

I gave him a sad smile.

 

"..I'm going to miss you." I said, just above a whisper.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Goodbye by animefanart

(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Enjoy!)

Chapter Nine: Goodbye

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

"Kagome, you're not seriously thinking of going with this wolf are you?" Inuyasha asked, his expression unreadable 

I gave him a sad smile.

"..I'm going to miss you." I said, just above a whisper.

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*InuYasha's POV*

The moment I heard her say those five words, the whole world seemed to have stop moving. My heart dropped and I felt myself getting angrier and angrier with Kouga.

"Ka.. Kagome.." I stuttered.

"I'm sorry, Inuyasha." She said, before she turned away to face him.

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

*Kouga's POV* 

"Kagome...," I said.

I couldn't believe it. Had she finally said yes? I wanted to be sure..

"Does this mean.., you'll be my woman?"

 

She smiled brightly.

"Yes Kouga..," She answered, blushing slightly. "I'll be your woman."

That was all I needed to hear..

I pulled her closer and we engaged in a passionate kiss.

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

*Kagome's POV*

Kouga pulled me into a kiss and without a second thought, I fell into it.

This kiss was even more amazing than the first one we shared. It was more passionate,... needy. I felt his tounge slide across my bottom lip, begging me for entrance. I happily obliged, letting him explore the inside of my mouth.

I was completly lost in the kiss, forgetting that Inuyasha was standing only a few feet away, watching the whole scene.

We heard a low growl from behind us. I turned around and realized that it was coming from Inuyasha. His head hung low for a second, his bangs covering his eyes. His claws extended and he closed his hands into tight fists. 

I gasped. 

He was begginning to change into his full-demon form.

 

"Kouga, you have to get out of here! Inuyasha's demon side is taking over him!" I said.

He looked at me, then at Inuyasha, but stood his ground.

"Step away from her, you mangy wolf." Said Inuyasha, who was now completely transformed.

"Like I'd leave my Kagome with you." He told Inuyasha.

Inuyasha clenched his teeth.

"Your Kagome?!" He growled.

"She chose me, mutt! You had your chance, but you blew it to be with some dead girl. You ignored her affection for you! You chose another woman! You broke her heart!! You don't deserve her!!!"

Inuyasha lifted his head and glared at Kouga through his demonic red eyes. He opened one hand, revealing his sharp claws, lifted it and came charging at Kouga with the intention of Killing him.

"Shut up!!!" He yelled as he was about to attack him full force.

 

This had to be stopped, so I did the only thing I could think of.

 

Screaming as loud as possible I yelled out... "SIT BOY!!!!!!!" Which made Inuyasha hit the ground, stopping his attack just before it made contact with Kouga. 

 

"Kouga, let's leave now.." I said staring into his blue eyes.

 

After a moment, he nodded in understanding. He picked me up bridal style and we took off, leaving Inuyasha who had finally gotten a hold of his demon self. I saw him stand up and look at us as we left.

"Goodbye, Inuyasha.." I whispered as he slowly disappeared from view.

 

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

The Right Choice? by animefanart

(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Please Comment and Review!!! Enjoy!!!!!!)

Chapter Nine: The Right Choice?

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

After a moment, he nodded in understanding. He picked me up bridal style and we took off, leaving Inuyasha who had finally gotten a hold of his demon self. I saw him stand up and look at us as we left.

"Goodbye, Inuyasha.." I whispered as he slowly disappeared from view.

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*InuYasha's POV*

I watched as the small tornado vanished into the forest. I continued standing there, feeling like an idiot, just staring at the trees. My hair swayed a little in the breeze, as the wind whistled through the on going silence.

'She's gone.' I thought.

I felt something wet trickle down my face and realized that I was crying.

"Damn it!!!" I said falling on my knees and slamming my fist into the ground.

"How could this happen!?!? How could she choose that mangy wolf!?!?"

More tears came.

"Why.. ? Why did she leave me?!?!"

A few seconds later.. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo walked out of the woods carrying some fresh fish.

"Hey Inuyasha! We caught some fish to eat!!!" Shippo happily called out.

I didn't budge.

"Inuyasha?" He asked.

They came closer.

"Where's Kagome?" Asked Sango, noticing her absence.

"She left..." I responded, hoping that they would leave it at that.

"Oh, so she went home to her era? When will she be back?" Miroku asked putting the fish down.

"She's not coming back! She left with Kouga!!!" I shouted angrily.

"What!!?!" They all asked at once, dropping the rest of the fish.

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

*Kagome's POV*

In moments, I heard the sound of running water as we reached the cave, which was hidden behind a giant waterfall. A few wolves came out to greet us.

I saw Ginta and Hakkaku wave at us and I smiled back.

We entered the cave followed by some of the wolves. I kneeled down and petted one of them.

"What would you like to do now, Kagome?" Kouga asked.

"Well, I was wondering if I could get something to eat and then.. maybe, we could just spend some time to get to know each other a little more?" I asked shyly.

Kouga smiled and nodded.

"That's fine with me." He replied.

 

He went over and talked to Ginta and Hakkaku, who then ran off to carry out Kouga's orders. Briefly I wondered what they would bring for us to eat. I just hoped it wouldn't be raw meat.

They returned a few minutes later with some freshly cooked fish.

I sighed with relief and thanked them.

We enjoyed our meal and had some light conversation. I told Kouga a little about my era.., about the large cities, technology, my family, friends and school, ect. Kouga listened with mild interest.

"So, you like taking these um.. test things?" He asked.

"Of course not! I hate them!!!" I answered, "But I have to take them if I want to graduate."

I sighed.

"I'll have to go back in about five days, since I have quite a few tests to make up for.."

"Alright,.. as long you promise to come back to me." Kouga said, placing an arm around me and pulling me closer.

"I promise." I said, blushing a little.

Our faces were only about an inch apart and I felt his lips gently brush against mine. I shivered at his touch. I felt my heart beat faster, just as it had done before. Our lips then joined in a firery kiss of heated passion. My lips parted and our tounges met once again. A battle of dominance ensued, as we probed the inside of each other's mouths. He was winning.

After a while, we broke from the kiss to breathe, but it only for a moment, as the battle quickly continued. We were both heavily making out now and I swear, we would have never stopped if someone hadn't interrupted us.

"Ahem!" They said.

We had stopped kissing and turned to see Sango, Kirara, & Shippo.

"Sorry for interrupting.., should we come back later?" Sango asked, a smile on her face.

"Um.., hey you guys." I said, blushing a little with embarrassment.

"Kouga, could you give us a second?" I asked.

He sighed and got up. 

"Sure." He said, walking away.

As soon as he left, Sango asked "So, you chose Kouga huh?"

"Yeah." I said.

"And you didn't tell me about it?!?!" Sango added.

I laughed.

"Sorry Sango, it kind of.. just happened." I said.

"Well... are you sure you've made the right choice?" She asked.

I thought long and hard about this question, before giving a nod.

"I'm positive." I said.

"Well congradulations then." She said, giving me a hug.

"It's funny. I always thought you'd choose Inuyasha."

My smile faded slightly.

"Where is Inuyasha anyway?" I asked.

"Still at the village. Miroku's with him." She answered, "Inuyasha was so sad that you left."

I stared at the ground, remembering the way Inuyasha tried to kill Kouga.

"We'll all miss you. Promise us, that you'll come visit once in a while." She said.

I gave a swift nod.

"Sure." I said.

I then turned to Shippo.

"Well Shippo, what do you want to do? Are you going to stay with Sango and the others?" I asked.

"Actually.. would it be alright if I stayed with you, Kagome?" Shippo asked.

I smiled again.

"Of course you can stay with me, Shippo."

He hopped onto my shoulder and we waved goodbye to Sango as she left.

'I'm really going to miss them...' I thought, as I returned to the cave.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

Realization by animefanart
Author's Notes:

Woo hoo!!!!! Another chapter!!! Yeah! XD

Sorry, I havn't been writing in a while. I've been busy with life!

(I don't own the InuYasha Characters, this is simply fan-made. Please Comment, Review, and Enjoy!!!!!!)

Chapter Eleven: Realization

_______________________________________________________________________

Recap:

"Of course you can stay with me, Shippo."

He hopped onto my shoulder and we waved goodbye to Sango as she left.

'I'm really going to miss them...' I thought, as I returned to the cave.

End Recap.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Kagome's POV*

I returned to the cave and saw Kouga sitting back on one of the rocks, his eyes were closed. He must have heard me come in, because he asked, "Are you done chatting?"

"Yeah.." I said.

Then, as fast as lightning, he was standing in front of me, his lips so close to mine.

"Good.." He whispered, cupping my face with his hand.

He kissed me passionately, which surprised me at first, but I relaxed and kissed him back. I allowed him to deepen the kiss and he wrapped his arm around me. I moaned into his mouth and he let out a low growl of pleasure. We were both thoroughly enjoying this, but then I remembered Shippo was there...

I stopped the kiss, much to Kouga's disappointment.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Shippo's here." I whispered.

I pointed to one of the rocks, where he was hiding. You could see that his face had turned a bright shade of red, as he peeked his head up from behind a rock.

I sighed.

"You can come out now, Shippo." I said.

He quietly came out, his face still beet red, and I picked him up.

"Is it ok if Shippo stays with us, Kouga?" I asked.

"Sure. If that makes you happy, Kagome." He replied.

"Thank-you, Kouga." I said and gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

Kouga smiled.

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

*Miroku's POV*

"Cheer up, Inuyasha." I said.

"You've got to learn to accept her decision. If Kouga makes her happy, then.."

"Shut up! There's no way she'll be happy with that wolf!!!" Inuyasha shouted.

He sat, stubbornly, up in his favorite tree. He refused to come down and kept his face hidden from view... but you could tell that he had been crying.

"She looked pretty happy to me, Inuyasha. It’s clear that their in love." Sango said, as she flew down on Kirara.

"But if you would have just opened your eyes, you would have realized just how much she used to love you."

His ears twitched, but he said nothing.

"Yes, Inuyasha. It's true.. she told me herself. She loved you and she wanted you to love her back."

"Then why the hell did she leave me!?!!?" Inuyasha asked, now looking at Sango through swollen eyes.

"Because Inuyasha..., you still loved Kikyo." Sango answered.

He looked down.

"Now make up your mind Inuyasha! Who do you love more, Kagome or Kikyo?"

"I.. don't know." He said.

"Well, I suggest you figure it out." Sango said bitterly and walked away with frustration.

I sighed.

"I agree with Sango, Inuyasha. You can't waver between women."

Sango stopped walking and turned her head back slightly.

"You're one to talk, monk. You flirt with every woman you see."

"Eh, well.. I'm not a very good example." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

She shook her head and kept walking.

"Hey, wait up! Sango..."

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

*Inuyasha's POV*

I lifted my head and looked up at the sky.

I knew they were right, it was wrong of me to constantly be switching from Kagome to Kikyo. It was unavoidable, I had to choose.

But I didn't.

And that's why Kagome left. But still, Sango must be lying. There was no way in hell, Kagome could be falling in love with Kouga.

I grinded my teeth together, remembering when that flea-bitten wolf took Kagome away from me.

"He won't get away with this!" I said, clenching my fists.

"I'll get you back,.. Kagome."

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

*Kagome’s POV*

It was getting darker and darker out and Shippo had already fallen asleep, so I suggested that we get some sleep as well.

I noticed my backpack near the entrance of the cave, so I dug through it and pulled out my sleeping bag.

"What’s that for?" Kouga asked.

"Huh? You mean my sleeping bag? It’s what I sleep in."

"Hmm...mind if I get in it too?" Kouga grinned.

I eyed him closely.

"You’re not gonna try anything, are you?"

"I would never try anything you weren’t ready for, Kagome."

"Promise?"

"Cross my heart, I won’t."

"Alright, get in." I said, getting in the sleeping bag and lifting the flap for him.

"Would it be alright if I take my armor off? It’s not very comfortable to lye down in."

"Of course."

He removed his armor and I couldn’t help but blush, noticing his well defined chest. My eyes traced every line on his muscled body, traveling up the crook of his neck, around his jaw line, and eventually reaching his icy blue eyes. They were staring right back into mine. I blushed a deeper shade of red and looked away, realizing that he had been watching me ogle him.

Suddenly, I felt the sleeping bag shift, as Kouga got in next to me.

His warm breath hit the back of my neck and sent shivers up my spine.

"Just relax, Kagome." He said, bringing his lips to my shoulder.

He bit down gently, letting his fangs only graze my skin. I gasped with both shock and pleasure as he continued, letting his hand run up and down my body.

He then turned me over until I was facing him, and captured my lips with his.

After a moment, he pulled away, taking me into a strong embrace.

"I love you, Kagome." He whispered into my ear.

Overwhelmed with emotion, I returned his embrace.

"I love you too, Kouga."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

End Chapter

End Notes:

Hope that tiny squeeze of lemon at the end makes up for my tardiness! ^_^'

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=556