Ancient Japan for Rei Hino by Rei Hino
Summary:

Tokyo is home to thousands of people. Of course, it home to nine 'magical' girls who have dedicated their lives to defending the planet from evil foes. Rei is one of those nine 'magical' girls who decides to visits her cousin's shrine. Who knew what would happen...until, there was a vistor from Kagome's window.

A Sailor Moon Inu-Yasha crossover story.


Categories: Crossover Characters: Inu Yasha
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 2635 Read: 15789 Published: 15 Sep 2007 Updated: 23 Feb 2008
Story Notes:
This is themed with Sailor Moon. I recommend you get familiar with the Japanese version of that anime or you'll be lost.

1. Chapter 1 by Rei Hino

2. Boring Hello by Rei Hino

3. Enter: Sailor Mars by Rei Hino

Chapter 1 by Rei Hino
Author's Notes:

Beginning of the story takes place at the Hikawa Shrine.

Rei's Temple-

 “Wow, Rei isn’t the only one who lives on a shrine out of her family,” Makoto stated as the Inner Guardians watched Rei pack. Galaxia was turned good and the girls were enjoying a free life, away from all the battles of their duties. Even the Outer Guardians were enjoying the free time on their hands.

“My cousin has been sick over a while and yes, I’m leaving to go visit. Besides, everything should be okay, right?” Rei stated trying to get the other three to understand she needed this vacation. The girl wanted to be without the pain of doing chores. Of course, she’d probably help her aunt around the mysterious Higurashi Shrine.

“Well, Rei, we’re going to go before Usagi gets back from school. You know that she couldn’t be here from that test she missed, her mom made her due the tutoring time. Minako hasn’t had to make it up...yet,” Ami teased toward Minako, who was looking at a picture Rei had kept of the Starlights on her dresser.

The shrine priestess gave a smile as she watched her friends leave. She wanted Usagi there to say bye, even for a week. Sighing, Rei walked over to her dresser and stared at the pictures she had. ‘I’m only going away for a week, yet it seems forever,’ she thought to herself. The pictures showed her friends, all in the same picture. Of course, there was a poster of the Starlights on the wall near the door and finally…the locket that had the Mars’ symbol engraved on the top of the locket, inside was a picture of Sailor Moon.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she quickly grabbed her henshin pen, wondering she could forget that. Closing the door and placing the henshin pen in her pocket, Rei had already said bye to her grandpa and the temple’s helper. Her bag flapped at her side as she ran to the bus that had pulled up and she got on.

“That will be five yen ma’am,” the bus driver said. “Here…” she stated as she handed the money to driver and took a seat behind him. “Oh, I need to go the Higurashi Shrine please.”

Higurashi Shrine-

“Mom, is Kagome home yet?” Souta asked as it would be any minute Rei would arrive. “No, Souta. Don’t worry; your sister will be here soon,” Mrs. Higurashi stated, smiling at his question. The mother always knew that Kagome was busy (or at least she thought) in the Feudal Era. She worried at times what her daughter was doing there, but also her son and family.

Meanwhile, the bus in which was carrying Rei across town showed up. On the way there, the fire priestess had to keep herself from hurting a punk who kept insulting an old lady. She was tempted to try out a move she learned from Makoto, but decided not to get into any trouble.

“Finally!” She shouted as she got off the bus. As for that, Rei stared at the Higurashi Shrine. It had been a while since she had last been here. Ever since two years ago as finding out she was Sailor Mars, the girl was extra busy. Admiring the scene, Rei made her way up the steps.

“Mom, I’m sorry I’m late. Is Rei here?” Kagome stated, having her backpack full from her trip. “It was murder getting here,” she stated and placed her backpack by the door in the well house. “Yeah, I’m here!” A voice shouted from behind all three of them. The family turned to see their only cousin or niece, Rei.

Kagome's Room-

After a short greeting from each of them, Rei was shown her room she would be sharing with Kagome. Unlike Rei, the family actually lived in a house which would be taking a while to get used to.

While the others were downstairs, the fire priestess set her things up around the room. Unlike Rei, Kagome only had a picture and no posters. Then again, the fire priestess didn’t know if her cousin would actually like the Sailor Senshi. Walking to the desk in the room, Rei did notice that there was a family photo of the Hino and Higurashi families.

The photo contained Mr. Higurashi, Mrs. Higurashi, Grandpa Higurashi, Grandpa Hino, Souta as a baby, Rei, and Kagome. Only one missing was Rei’s mother, who sadly was dead as was her uncle who died shortly after. Reminding her of the locket she was wearing, the girl opened it to see the familiar face of Sailor Moon. “Rei-chan! Dinner is ready!” Rei heard her aunt shout and the girl closed the locket and went down stairs.

Boring Hello by Rei Hino

Higurashi Shrine- 

 

“Mom, is Kagome home yet?” Souta asked as it would be any minute Rei would arrive. “No, Souta. Don’t worry; your sister will be here soon,” Mrs. Higurashi stated, smiling at his question. The mother always knew that Kagome was busy (or at least she thought) in the Feudal Era. She worried at times what her daughter was doing there, but also her son and family.

Meanwhile, the bus in which was carrying Rei across town showed up. On the way there, the fire priestess had to keep herself from hurting a punk who kept insulting an old lady. She was tempted to try out a move she learned from Makoto, but decided not to get into any trouble.

“Finally!” She shouted as she got off the bus. As for that, Rei stared at the Higurashi Shrine. It had been a while since she had last been here. Ever since two years ago as finding out she was Sailor Mars, the girl was extra busy. Admiring the scene, Rei made her way up the steps.

“Mom, I’m sorry I’m late. Is Rei here?” Kagome stated, having her backpack full from her trip with crossing over. “It was murder getting here,” she stated and placed her backpack by the door in the well house.

“Yeah, I’m here!” A voice shouted from behind all three of them. The family turned to see their only cousin or niece, Rei. After a short greeting from each of them, Rei was shown her room she would be sharing with Kagome. Unlike Rei, the family actually lived in a house which would be taking a while to get used to.

While the others were downstairs, the fire priestess set her things up around the room. Unlike Rei, Kagome only had a picture and no posters. Then again, the fire priestess didn’t know if her cousin would actually like the Sailor Senshi. Walking to the desk in the room, Rei did notice that there was a family photo of the Hino and Higurashi families.

The photo contained Mr. Higurashi, Mrs. Higurashi, Grandpa Higurashi, Grandpa Hino, Souta as a baby, Rei, and Kagome. Only one missing was Rei’s mother, who sadly was dead as was her uncle who died shortly after. Reminding her of the locket she was wearing, the girl opened it to see the familiar face of Sailor Moon. “Rei-chan! Dinner is ready!” Rei heard her aunt shout and the girl closed the locket and went down stairs.

 

Keade's Village-

“I’d personally like to know where in the hell Kagome is!” The famous half-demon, InuYasha, stated as he slammed his fist into the ground. Ever since Kikyou (Check the manga before you flame me!) had died, he hadn’t really wanted to leave Kagome out of his sight. “Calm down InuYasha! Remember? Kagome said that she was having family come over to her ‘shrine?” Shippo stated.

The fox demon would often get bashed on the head, such creating worse of an argument between Kagome and InuYasha, but the hanyou decided not to push his luck today. “Well, I’m going for a walk…” he stated, such leaving the other four behind and he ran off into the area of the well.

“Sango-chan, I’m lonely. Will you hold me?” Miroku stated, holding out his arms. Even after he had asked her to ‘marry him’, Sango still had those moments where throwing something at him would make her feel better…and it did. She simply tossed a small sick at his head (or it was small to her benefit, not Miroku’s).

Meanwhile, InuYasha had easily made it to the well. “I’m going to give her a piece of my mind, simply stating that she was going back to greet some family. We have better things to do than that!” He stated, jumping through the well. 

Higurashi Shrine-

 

“So, Kagome, why do you think the Sailor Senshi suddenly disappeared?” Souta asked, seeming to break the dead silence across the table. Kagome almost gagged her ramen (noodles) because she personally didn’t think the Sailor Scouts (Don’t bash…it fit the moment of using an English term) did the city much good. They often caused damage and other things, in her mind. She couldn’t complain though, how much damage they did to the wildlife and land of the Feudal Era. “I’d say they are okay, I mean, there isn’t much difference between the main five,” Kagome replied.

Rei wasn’t paying attention, until the word ‘Sailor Senshi’ came into her mind. “Well, Souta, which is your favorite one?” Her aunt asked her cousin. “I personally like Sailor Moon the best! She is smart, brave, caring, and heroic,” he added in. This time, Rei’s eyeballs’ became the size of pebbles. Usagi that way? That girl still had so many problems, it was pitiful! Then again, Rei had to give a smile for a minute. The odango had matured a bunch and grown…some since they last met.

Meanwhile, the familiar sound of Kagome’s bedroom window opening caused the conversation to end. Rei instantly felt the aura of the ‘demon’ around InuYasha that caused her to snap mostly out of her thoughts. “Oh no…” Kagome whispered as she could tell who was opening the window instantly. “I’ll go see what it was,” she stated in a panicked tone and ran up toward her room.

“Souta, where is the bathroom?” Rei asked, turning slightly red. “It is up stairs across the hall to Kagome’s room,” he stated. “Thanks,” she said in a hurried tone and walked quietly up the stairs and reached into her pocket. A familiar object touched her hand and she pulled it out. The door was shut and Rei heard her cousin talking to the aura she was sensing. ‘What the..?,’ the fire priestess thought to herself.

Listening, Rei heard the two fighting about her going back to the Feudal Era. While listening, she noticed that the two knew each other very well and also…her and Kagome were wearing their school uniforms?! ‘I forgot to change when I came over here!’ she shouted in her mind.

“Fine, I’ll go back, just let me tell my family,” after several long minutes Kagome stated. Rei quickly ran and hid in the bathroom, just not closing the door, having putting her henshin pen in her pocket, expect not letting it go.

Sooner than later, Kagome came back running up the stairs and Rei finally came out of the bathroom and watched as InuYasha jumped out the window with her. Amazed, Rei decided to follow and jumped out as well. (Understand the Sailor Senshi are good jumpers, seen the anime for example?) She followed them to a well house, which Rei finally noticed. As she watched the other two enter the well house and go into a well, Rei ran to it, thinking they crashed but a light was going through. Thinking she needed to follow Kagome and make sure she was alright, she jumped as well.

Enter: Sailor Mars by Rei Hino

Bone-Eaters Well 

Sailor Mars closed her eyes as death set in. She had seen Sailor Jupiter, Mercury, and Venus die; now it was her turn. She was regretting not ever getting to kiss her first love. There was friends and family flashing before her eyes. First was her mother, a fake there was the image of her grandpa, the Higurashi family, and her temple’s helper. Her close friends: Usagi, Ami, Minako, and Makoto.

Rei slowly woke up, realizing she was dreaming. For a minute, it took the fire priestess a chance to regain her surroundings. Looking up, she saw the sunlight of the day. Slowly standing up, for a moment, she thought she was dreaming. It was rare you got to see such a sky, even with the Higurashi Shrine being father away from the main part of Tokyo than the Hino Shrine. Remembering what had happened who knows how long ago, she noticed vines on the side of the well.

Using them to climb up, she realized that she wasn’t at the know where near TOKYO for even that matter. She saw endless hills and trees but she did hear a familiar voice that she knew since she was young, Kagome’s. Following the voice, Rei was getting annoyed with the endless branches nagging at her and her clothes. “Damn,” she stated as she finally found a way to a small clearing, not much bigger than that near the Bone Eater’s Well that she came out of.

First she noticed her cousin but with at least four other people. She instantly noticed the ‘demon’ from earlier but she also noticed two other humans. They were wearing ancient Japanese robes as was the ‘demon.’ After over hearing a conversation, the more Rei realized Kagome wasn’t taken here against her will (or at least for the most part).

It seemed only seconds before Rei decided to show herself since InuYasha had ‘smelled’ Rei’s scent. “Kagome!” She shouted, walking from her hiding place. Kagome, shocked, turned to see her cousin and her eyes became the size of marbles. “R-Rei…” she stated.

Kaede's Village-

“So, ye are a priestess?” Kaede asked Rei. “Yes bu-…” the fire priestess was cut off by InuYasha, “I can tell you have an aura that is stronger than that of a priestess, like you have another form.” Rei glared at the half-demon. She wanted to get up and slap him, as would he probably want to do the same. InuYasha glared at Rei loathing. Worst of all, she looked almost exactly like Kikyou and Kagome.

“Grandma Kaede, not even sisters can look exactly the same as Rei and Kagome does, and their cousins,” Shippo stated. “From what I understand, Rei was able to access the barrier through the well even though it was closing up, and now not even Kagome can pass through it. That means someone was watching InuYasha go through it in the first place. So now, you all need to find a way that both Kagome and Rei can cross back over to their world…” she stated.

Rei set silently for a minute. Was Setsuna causing this? Even if she was, Setsuna would guide her back home and she wouldn’t block the well from allowing her home. “Rei-chan,” Kagome said, breaking the thoughts flowing through her mind. “We’re going to leave in a little while to search for a demon that might have something to do with this.” “Alright…” the fire priestess stated and walked out of the hut and toward a shade tree.

Sitting down, Rei took off the locket that had the picture of Sailor Moon in it and opened it. “Is Setsuna blocking time?!” she talked softly to herself. What if she couldn’t access time even as Sailor Mars? Also, why was she having a dream about when Princess Serenity and the others had defeated Beryl? Angered, she threw a rock toward a shaded area of bushes and slumped back onto the grown again.

Elsewhere, in the shaded area of the bushes, set a small wasp looking insect that was far enough that not even she could sense.

Naraku's Castle-

“She does look like them and is from the same time as the girl Kagome is. Kagura, go after them and understand that girl’s powers…” a voice stated, in castle several miles away that seemed to be watching through the ‘wasp.’ “Alright…” a female voice replied and disappeared into the shadows of the castle.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=69