How Do i Live without you by Inuyasha_Lover
Summary: Kagome and Sango have finally had enough. When they leave and Return to Kagome's time for good, Inuyasha and Miroku realize that have let the one reason they live slip through their fingers. Will Miroku get the courage to face Sango? Will Inuyasha ever get Kagome Back?
Categories: Romance, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome, Romance > Miroku/ Sango Characters: Hojo, Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Kagome's Grandfather, Kagome's Mom, Kirara, Miroku, Sango, Souta Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: True to your heart
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 10995 Read: 43083 Published: 24 Sep 2008 Updated: 25 Sep 2008

1. Kagome and Sango go home by Inuyasha_Lover

2. Kagome and Sango's Test by Inuyasha_Lover

3. Opening Night by Inuyasha_Lover

4. Kagome's choice by Inuyasha_Lover

5. Inuyasha's choice and Miroku's question by Inuyasha_Lover

6. Sango's Wedding and Inuyasha's Mate by Inuyasha_Lover

7. Back through the well by Inuyasha_Lover

Kagome and Sango go home by Inuyasha_Lover

Kagome stood behind a tree and she gripped the bark with her nails. She didn’t understand, She had poured her heart to him and now he was with Kikyo. Kagome stepped into view and she felt her bottom lip begin to quiver at what she saw. Inuyasha stood holding Kikyo tightly to him almost as if his life depended on it. Kagome went to step back and when she did she tripped and fell backwards. Inuyasha turned around and his eyes went wide, "Kagome…How long have you been here?" Kagome stood and she brushed the dirt of off her skirt, "Long enough to know that I’m holding onto a dream that will never come true." She turned and she ran off into the forest leaving a heartbroken Inuyasha behind. When Kagome made it back to the camp she wasn’t surprised to see Sango and Miroku fighting once more.

"How Many more slaps to the face is it going to take before you stop asking young women to bare you a son!" Miroku stood in complete shock, "My Dear Sango, Please hear me out." Sango backed up and she let out a growl that would have made Inuyasha proud, "Don’t you Dear Sango me, I’m through Miroku. My heart can’t take any more pain," Sango then ran into the forest with Kilala right behind her. Kagome knelt down and flung her bag over her shoulder. She picked up Shippo and she ran after Sango. "Sango please…wait for me" Sango stopped and she turned around, "I can’t do it any more Kagome, This group was all I had and now, I don’t even want to stay with it. I might as well just go back to my village and wait for a demon to slay me." Kagome frowned and she leaned into a tree, "Hey Sango, I’m going home and I don’t think I’m coming back, Come with me. You can live with us and you can be my sister." Sango thought for a moment and she nodded, "I would love to." Shippo looked up at Kagome with teary eyes, "What about me Kagome?" Kagome smiled, "Well, You can come to Shippo, if you want to, I’m Sure Souta would be happy to have a playmate, And I can adopt you as my son."

Shippo smiled and he jumped onto Kagome’s shoulder. Kilala transformed and the small group climbed onto her back. Kilala took off in the direction of the well. When they arrived Kilala jumped into Sango’s arms. They jumped into the well and Kagome smiled when the light engulfed them. When they landed on the other side, Kagome was shocked to find them standing in water, She groaned, "it must be raining." By the time they climbed out they were drenched. Annie Higurashi stood outside trying to find the cat, When Kagome walked up with Sango and Shippo she was slightly shocked, "Kagome dear, We weren’t expecting you back for at least a month." Kagome put her arm around Sango and she walked past her mother, "Ill explain everything later."

Kagome took Sango inside and she led her into the room, Sango sat on the bed while Kagome went through her closet. Kagome pulled out a nightgown and she handed it to Sango. She then showed Sango how to work the shower and she left Sango alone. Kagome walked downstairs to find her mother sitting in the kitchen with two cups of tea. Kagome sat down and she sighed, Annie frowned when she watched her daughter put her head down. "Kagome tell me what happened."

Kagome looked at her hands, afraid that if she looked at her mother she was start crying. "I finally told Inuyasha, That I loved him. I poured my heart out to him, and not even twenty minutes later, I found him with Kikyo. I just couldn’t do it any more Mama." Annie frowned and she let out a sigh, "so what’s Sango’s story and Shippo’s?" Kagome kept her head down as she spoke, "Sango was a Demon Slayer. One of the best in her Village, Her brother was put under Naraku’s spell and Sango watched as her entire family and then her brother were killed in front of her. Sango agreed to marry the Monk Traveling with us, But Miroku would ask every young woman to bare him a son, it did not matter that Sango was standing next to him, and Shippo has no family, he as adopted me as his mother. His family was killed by a demon."

Annie put her head down and she sighed, she looked at Kagome and she opened her eyes, Kagome let out a sob and she flung herself into her mother’s arms. Annie held Kagome and she began to rock back and forth. She heard movement and she looked up to find Sango standing in the doorway wearing one of Kagome’s Nightgowns. Annie smiled and she opened her other arm to Sango. The fact that Annie was accepting her made Sango break into tears, She walked over to them and she dropped to her knees. Annie spent most of the night in the living room holding the girls. When Kagome’s grandfather and Souta came downstairs they found Annie asleep in a sitting position, Kagome and Sango were asleep with her heads in her lap. When Annie woke she smiled to see the girls coming to as well, Annie took them into the kitchen and she made them breakfast. As they ate Annie came up with a plan, "Sango? I want to adopt you as my daughter, Kagome already thinks of you as a sister and I know Souta would love to have another big sister." Sango smiled as she swallowed her egg, "I would love that very much."

That afternoon Kagome and Sango sat in her room. Kagome smiled as she pulled out a box, "Mama had this made for me, I was going to wear it on my 16th birthday but I was in the feudal era." Kagome handed the box to Sango and she smiled. Sango opened the box and her eyes became glossy, a few minutes later Sango was dress in a Knee length white and Pink dress, The sleeves went to her elbows and around her waist was a pink sash that tied into a bow on her back. On her feet were pink Mary Jane shoes. "Its beautiful Kagome"

Kagome dressed in Jeans, Knee length Boots and a tight red sweater. She handed a jacket to Sango and they walked downstairs. Kagome smiled when she saw Shippo dressed in Some of Souta’s clothes. She picked Shippo up and they walked out of the shrine. The walk to the courthouse was a short one. When they got to the steps Sango became nervous. Kagome reached over and she grabbed Sango’s hand. The family walked into the courthouse and by that Afternoon Sango and Shippo had been adopted into the Higurashi Family. Sango as the newest Daughter and Shippo as Kagome’s son, Afterwards the Family when shopping for the things Sango and Shippo would need. They got clothes, books, School supplies. The family didn’t return to the shrine until that night.

After dinner Sango and Kagome sat in Kagome’s bedroom. Sango smiled as she began to brush her hair, "I really like your time Kagome. I’m so glad I’m going to be here permanently.

(Back in the Feudal Era)

Inuyasha stood over Miroku, his eyes on fire, "HOW COULD YOU LET THEM LEAVE MIROKU!" Miroku frowned and he stood up "They didn’t want to stay Inuyasha, how could I ask them to. Kagome looked heartbroken, as did Sango. They took Shippo and Kilala. I don’t think they intend on coming back"

Inuyasha growled as he took off into the forest with Miroku close behind him, "How could I have been so stupid…Kagome please…..Please don’t forget about me, I’m coming"

Kagome and Sango's Test by Inuyasha_Lover
Author's Notes:
I do not own the song's

Kagome rolled over and she slammed her hand down on her Alarm Clock. She let out a yawn and she sat up, She smiled when she saw Sango coming to as well. Kagome Showered and she came back into her room, While Sango took a shower Kagome dressed for School and she gathered her books. When Sango came back in Kagome smiled and she handed her some clothes, "Your uniforms won’t be in for a while, So you can wear mine." Sango smiled and she quickly dressed, She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and she grabbed her bag. Both girls walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Annie smiled as she set Breakfast on the table, "Sango I need to know, Can you read and write?" Sango smiled as she sat down, "Yes, I learned when I was a child, The only thing I cant do is numbers" Kagome smiled, "Don’t worry I will help you."

After Breakfast the girls left the shrine, Giggling and laughing. When they reached the school, Ayumi, Eri and Yuka walked up to them. "Hi Kagome" Ayumi raised an eyebrow, "Who is the new girl?" Kagome smiled as she linked her arm with Sango’s, "Guys this is Sango, She is my new Sister." Kagome was relived to find that Sango was welcomed immediately by her friends. In fact her teacher and the rest of her class welcomed Sango. It had been explained earlier that Sango didn’t do math very well and Kagome had volunteered to teach her. So the teacher sat Kagome and Sango next to each other and near the front of the classroom.

The week seemed to fly by and before Kagome and Sango knew it, It was the weekend. As they girls walked up the steps to the shrine, They were shocked to find Annie, Talking to a young man. When the man saw Kagome he smiled, "Kagome my dear, you probably don’t remember me, I am a friend of your mother’s…why I haven’t seen you since you were 5." Kagome smiled, "I remember you, welcome back to the shrine David." The girls walked inside and they sat in the kitchen with David and Annie. David smiled as he leaned back in his chair, "I have come to the shrine to tell you the fantastic news I am sure you have heard of the club Hot wire, In downtown Tokyo." Kagome nodded and she smiled, "How could I not know about it, Hot Wire is one of the hottest clubs in Tokyo, All thought because of the provocative Dancing, Only Certain people are allowed in it."

David smiled, "Well I am now the new owner of Hot Wire, I am changing it and there is going to be a special opening for V.I.P Members, which mostly consist of the men and women who will be funding the Club. I am going to base the club on singing and dancing, I came to ask you Kagome, if you would sing their. The meeting is tomorrow night. If all goes as planned, Then the club will be a giant hit." Kagome thought for a moment and then she nodded, "I would love to sing for you." David smiled and he stood, "Be there at 7 tomorrow night. I will see you all then." After David had left Annie let out a squeal, "Oh Kagome you’re finally going to get the chance to sing." Kagome smiled brightly "I feel like I’m dreaming."

That night Kagome, Sango and Annie sat on the floor in Kagome’s room. Kagome smiled and she pulled a box out from under her bed, "Ive been saving this for just this occasion." Kagome opened the box to reveal a pair of black heels and a red dress. Annie smirked and she leaned into the bed, "You’re going to do beautifully Kagome, I just know it." The following night, Kagome stood in her room with Sango, Sano’s mouth fell open as Kagome twirled in front of her mirror. She wore a Knee length red halter Dress trimmed in Black, Black heels and a thigh length leather black jacket. "Wow Kagome, You look Beautiful…Can I do your hair?" Kagome nodded and she knelt on the floor. Sango Pulled Kagome’s hair back into a messy bun and she allowed a few strands of hair to fall around Kagome’s face and shoulders. Kagome tied a piece of red ribbon around her neck and she smiled. Sango was dressed in tight black pant’s, black calf high boots, a tight red button up shirt and a knee length black jacket.

When she walked down stair’s Annie nearly burst into tears. "Kagome you’re so beautiful." Kagome smiled and she checked her watch, "Sango and I are gonna go on ahead, I will meet you backstage afterwards" Annie nodded and she smiled as Kagome and Sango walked out of the shrine. When they arrived at the Club David met them outside, "I’m glad you made it, both of you look beautiful, Now there has been a change of plan. They want to hear Kagome first and then they want to hear the both of you sing." David walked off and Sango’s eyes went wide, "Kagome, I don’t know if I can." Kagome turned and she took a deep breath, "When your on stage you cant see the people because of the lights. It will be just me and you, You will be fine." Sango nodded and they walked into the club. Kagome took her jacket off and she handed it to Sango. Annie and Souta walked into the club as Kagome walked onto the stage. She bowed respectfully to the men and women and she smiled when the music began to start. Kagome closed her eyes and she began to sing,

Well she seemed alright by dawn's early light
Though she looked a little worried and weak
She tried to pretend he wasn't drinkin' again
But daddy left the proof on her cheek
And I was only eight years old that summer
And I always seemed to be in the way
So I took myself down to the fair in town
On Independence Day

Well word gets around in a small, small town
They said he was a dangerous man
But mama was proud and she stood her ground
She knew she was on the losing end
Some folks whispered,some folks talked
But everybody looked the other way
And when time ran out there was no was about
On Independence Day

Let freedom ring
Let the white dove sing
Let the whole world know that today
is a day of reckoning
Let the weak be strong
Let the right be wrong
Roll the stone away
Let the guilty pay
It's Independence Day

Well she lit up the sky the 4th of July
by the time that the fireman came
They just put out the flames and took down some names
And sent me to the county home
Now I ain't saying it's right or it's wrong
But maybe it's the only way
Talk about your revolution
It's Independence Day

Let freedom ring
Let the white dove sing
Let the whole world know that today
is a day of reckoning
let the weak be strong
Let the right be wrong
Roll the stone away
Let the guilty pay
It's Independence Day

When the song ended, Kagome could hear the men and women whispering. She prayed that was a good sign. Sango walked onto the stage and she bowed towards the men and women, Kagome spoke softly, "This is my sister Sango, She will be singing here with me, if all goes well."

The music started and Sango began to sing,


{Sango} I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself
Cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did,
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far

{Both} Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

Kagome then took over,


{Kagome} I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake
A smile, a laugh everyday of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

{Both} Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

{Kagome} I watched you die
{Sango} I heard you cry every night in your sleep
{Kagome} I was so young
{Sango} You should have known better than to lean on me
{Kagome} You never thought of anyone else
{Sango}You just saw your pain
{Kagome} And now I cry in the middle of the night
For the same damn thing

{Both} Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I try my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid

Because of you
Because of you

The song ended and David walked onto the stage. The leader of the group stepped onto the stage and he smiled, "That was amazing, IF you girls could open tomorrow night for a real audience, we will see how it goes. I cant say this on the record just yet but….I think you have yourself an act" Kagome and Sango hugged each other and they squealed. Annie came onto the stage with the men left and she hugged the girls, "That was absolutely Amazing."

Kagome smiled, "I can’t wait until tomorrow night, I have a feeling Tomorrow night is going to bed very memorable"

Sango smiled and she nodded in agreement…They were right in more ways then one

End Notes:

SONGS:

Independance Day by Martina Mcbride

 Because of you by Kelly Clarkson

Opening Night by Inuyasha_Lover
Author's Notes:
I dont own the songs

The following night the Higurashi shrine was in ciaos. Kagome and Sango stood in their room getting ready, Sango wore a plain black calf length Halter dress, with black heels and a midnight blue Jacket. She pulled her hair back with a black ribbon and she smiled. Kagome wore a blood red knee length strapless dress, a black ribbon went around the waist and black heels, She brushed her hair and she decided to leave it down. She grabbed her jacket and she smiled at Sango. The girls walked downstairs only to be blinded by a white light. Annie, Yuka, Eri and Ayumi all stood with cameras. Kagome laughed as she slid her jacket on. "Ok Me and Sango are going ahead, remember you need to be there in one hour." Annie nodded and she hugged the girls tightly.

Not long after the girls left, Inuyasha and Miroku appeared in the well house. When they walked in Annie dropped the cup she had in her hands. Luckily the girls weren’t paying attention, So Annie could sneak the boys upstairs. She pushed them into Kagome’s room and she slammed the door, "What are you doing here Inuyasha…. And who’s this?" Inuyasha sighed as he sat on the bed, "Annie this is Miroku, Miroku this is Kagome’s mother." Annie raised her hand when Miroku went to speak, "I am now Sango’s mother to, We adopted her and Shippo. Shippo is away with Souta right now and wont be back until next weekend…Why are you here."

Annie was shocked when Inuyasha broke into Tears, "Please Annie, We made a mistake and we have come to talk to the girls…where are they?" Annie sighed and she leaned into the wall, "Inuyasha, Sango and Kagome are at a club, They sing there and tonight is opening night. Come on, Lets get you some clothes and I will take you to see them, But I cant promise they will listen."

Kagome peered at the crowd from behind the curtain and her eyes went wide. So many people had come to hear them sing, She was actually nervous. Kagome listened to David introduce her and she took in a deep breath. Sango smiled and she placed a hand on Kagome’s shoulder, "Are you alright?" Kagome nodded, "I’m just nervous…. Its because there are more people here that’s why" Sango nodded and she smiled when she heard the clapping, Kagome walked out onto the stage and she smiled as she sat on the stool. Annie walked in just as Kagome sat down, Inuyasha and Miroku stood next to her, Inuyasha’s mouth fell open when he saw Kagome, She was smiling. Kagome bowed her head as the music began,

Well she seemed alright by dawn's early light
Though she looked a little worried and weak
She tried to pretend he wasn't drinkin' again
But daddy left the proof on her cheek
And I was only eight years old that summer
And I always seemed to be in the way
So I took myself down to the fair in town
On Independence Day

Well word gets around in a small, small town
They said he was a dangerous man
But mama was proud and she stood her ground
She knew she was on the losing end
Some folks whispered,some folks talked
But everybody looked the other way
And when time ran out there was no was about
On Independence Day

Let freedom ring
Let the white dove sing
Let the whole world know that today
is a day of reckoning
Let the weak be strong
Let the right be wrong
Roll the stone away
Let the guilty pay
It's Independence Day

Well she lit up the sky the 4th of July
by the time that the fireman came
They just put out the flames and took down some names
And sent me to the county home
Now I ain't saying it's right or it's wrong
But maybe it's the only way
Talk about your revolution
It's Independence Day

Let freedom ring
Let the white dove sing
Let the whole world know that today
is a day of reckoning
let the weak be strong
Let the right be wrong
Roll the stone away
Let the guilty pay
It's Independence Day

The music ended and Inuyasha felt a tear roll down his cheek. She sounded so beautiful, Miroku frowned and he placed a hand on Inuyasha’s shoulder. When Sango walked on stage to join Kagome, Miroku felt his own eyes start to fill with tears. Another song started and Sango began to sing,

{Sango} I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself
Cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did,
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far

{Both} Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

 

As Kagome went to sing, Her eyes landed on Inuyasha…Because of the light Kagome never knew she was looking at him,

{Kagome} And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake
A smile, a laugh everyday of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

{Kagome} I watched you die
{Sango} I heard you cry every night in your sleep
{Kagome} I was so young
{Sango} You should have known better than to lean on me
{Kagome} You never thought of anyone else
{Sango}You just saw your pain
{Kagome} And now I cry in the middle of the night
For the same damn thing

{Both} Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I try my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid

Because of you
Because of you

When the song started Kagome and Sango took a bow. They walked backstage only to be met by David and the lead man for the club’s money. David let out a laugh, "They loved you, In fact they’re keeping the club open they want you to sing here everyone weekend from now on." Kagome smiled as Sango let out a squeal.

Once the club emptied Kagome walked up and she sat on the stage with her feet Hanging over the side. Sango walked up and stood behind her as Annie walked up, "Congratulations girls. Once again you sang beautifully…There is someone here to see you." Kagome looked up and she slowly stood as Inuyasha and Miroku walked into view. Sango’s eyes went wide and she walked back stage. Miroku ran after her, He stood in the doorway and he let out a sob, "Sango please…Hear me out" Sango stopped and she closed her eyes. She nodded as she opened the door.

Kagome and Inuyasha were left alone on the stage. Kagome’s bottom lip began to quiver, "Why are you here Inuyasha?" Inuyasha put his head down and he frowned "Kagome I know I’m an idiot. But can you please hear me out and listen to what I have to say."

Kagome nodded and she crossed her arms over her chest, Inuyasha sighed and he looked at her "I kept going to Kikyo because…No matter what I do, Until Kikyo dies I am not going to have piece. As long as I remain on the other side of the well, I am always going to be in Kikyo’s shadow…But I love you, Ive always loved you, its you who has my heart not Kikyo. Kagome I want you to become my Mate, I want to be able to live my life with you and I want you to be the mother of my pups…Please I beg of you don’t turn me away."

Kagome stood and she kept her head down, When she met Inuyasha’s eyes, Hers were filled with tears…"How do you think it made me feel, I chose to stay by your side. I almost died for you more than once. Then when I finally tell you how I feel, You run off to be with Kikyo. I’m Sorry Inuyasha"

Kagome grabbed her Jacket and she walked to the door. She stopped and she turned around, Her eyes met Inuyasha’s and a single tear fell down her cheek,

"I cant……."

End Notes:
You know the songs LOL
Kagome's choice by Inuyasha_Lover
Author's Notes:
I do not own the song or Inuyasha

Sango and Miroku walked in Silence until they reached the shrine. They stood in front of the well house not sure of what to say to each other. Miroku finally ended the silence by sighing, "Sango, You had every right to get made, You had every right to leave. I am nothing but a womanizing lecherous Monk…But I love you and…If you choose to give me another chance, Then I want to stay In Kagome’s time with you." Sango looked at Miroku as he spoke, She put her head down and her body shook with silent sobs. She looked at Miroku and she smiled, "Do you really love me?"

Miroku smiled and he answered her by pulling her close and kissing her Gently. Sango wrapped her arms around Miroku and she smiled into the kiss. Kagome stood in the background and she managed to smile as she watched Sango and Miroku walk inside. Kagome pulled her jacket tighter around her and she walked over to the sacred tree. Kagome knelt on the ground and she leaned into the tree. She closed her eyes and she let out a sigh. Within Minutes Kagome had fallen asleep. Inuyasha walked up and he frowned, He knelt in front of Kagome and he gently lifted her up.

Annie, Sango and Miroku stood to the side as Inuyasha walked into the house holding Kagome. He walked upstairs and he laid her on the bed, He then took the Fire-rat shirt off and he laid it over her. Along with the bead’s of subjacation. Sango stood in the doorway and she watched as Inuyasha gently moved the hair away from Kagome’s face. Inuyasha then jumped onto the windowsill and he opened the window. He jumped out without ever looking back. Inuyasha walked to the well house and he stopped, He looked back at Kagome’s window and he smiled.

The next morning Kagome woke up to find herself alone, She slowly stood and she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Annie stood when Kagome walked in and she smiled, "good morning my dear," Kagome smiled and she sat down. When Miroku came followed by Sango Kagome smiled, "I knew you two would make up." Sango smiled brightly, "Miroku is going to live with us now, We were waiting for you to wake so we could go get him clothes." Kagome nodded and she walked upstairs to change

Once Kagome had changed into Jeans, Boots and a T-shirt, Sango walked into the room. Sango then handed the fire-rat and Beads to Kagome. Kagome ran her fingers over the cloth and she closed her eyes to keep the tears from falling. Miroku walked in and he looked at Sango. Sango backed up and Miroku walked up to Kagome. Kagome kept her head down, Suddenly her knees went weak and Miroku caught Kagome as she went to fall to the floor. Kagome buried her face in Miroku’s chest and she started to sob. Miroku held her close and he began to rock back and forth.

Once Kagome passed out from exhaustion, Miroku laid her on the bed. Sango came in and she frowned, "I don’t understand, if she loves Inuyasha then why is she pushing him away?" Miroku sighed and he faced Sango, "She is doing it because she can’t stand to have her heart broken again."

Kagome spent the next few days in her room or out by the well house. She kept telling herself that Inuyasha would come for her. He always came for her no matter what horrible things she would say to him. On the morning of the 5th day Kagome finally turned her back on the well. She knew Inuyasha would not be coming back. She was now forced to go on with her life.

That night Kagome stood in her room getting ready for the club, She wore tight black pants, Knee high lace up boots, a tight red tank top with a see through black shirt. She brushed her hair and she pulled it back into a loose Bun. Over her clothes she put on a calf length black leather Jacket. When she walked downstairs Sango’s eyes went wide, "Wow Kagome…." Kagome managed to smile and she walked out of the house. Sango frowned and she sat at the table. When Miroku walked into the kitchen he suddenly stopped. Sango stood when Miroku’s eyes went wide. She turned around and her mouth fell open. Inuyasha stood before them, A single tear fell down his face, "When did she start wearing so much black?"

Sango sat Inuyasha down and she told him how Kagome would wait by the well hoping he would come back. Then Miroku stepped in and he frowned, "Inuyasha Kagome is pushing you away because she can’t handle having her heart broken again…." Inuyasha put his head down and he sighed, "Take me to the club. I want to hear her sing." Sango nodded and the family left for the club. They walked in and managed to sit down right as Kagome walk on stage. She took the microphone and she began to sing,

Don't.. don't you wish we tried
Do you feel what I feel inside
You know love is stronger than pride
Don't.. no don't
Let your anger grow
Just tell me what you need me to know
Please talk to me don't close the door
Cause I wanna hear you.. wanna be near you

Don't fight.. don't argue
Give me the chance to say that I'm sorry
Just let me love you
Don't turn me away.. don't tell me to go

Don't.. don't give up on trust
Don't give up on me.. on us
We could just hold on long enough
We can do it.. we'll get through it

Don't fight.. don't argue
Just give me the chance to say that I'm sorry
Just let me love you
Don't turn me away.. don't tell me to go

Don't pretend that it's ok
Things won't get better that way
And don't do something you might regret someday
Don't..
Don't give up on me

We can do it.. we'll get through it

Don't fight.. don't argue
Just give me the chance to say that I'm sorry
Just let me love you
Don't turn me away.. don't tell me to go

Don't fight.. don't argue (Don't give up on me)
Give me the chance to say that I'm sorry (say that I'm sorry)
Just let me love you (Don't give up on me)
Don't turn me away.. don't tell me to go

Don't fight.. don't argue
Give me the chance to say that I'm sorry
Just let me love you (don't give up on me)
Don't turn me away.. don't tell me to go
When the song ended Kagome bowed and she walked off the stage. She kept walking until she made it outside. She doubled over and she took in a deep breath. She looked up at the sky with eyes full of tears. When it began to snow Kagome put her head down. Inuyasha quietly walked up to her and he frowned, "Kagome?" Kagome jumped and she looked up, When she saw Inuyasha, She blinked a few times and her mouth fell open, "Inuyasha? What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you, I needed to make sure you were alright."

Kagome nodded and she stepped back, "I’m fine." Inuyasha leaned into the wall and he sighed, "yea I can see that…Tell me Kagome is it true…Are you pushing me away even though it hurts because your scared of being hurt again." Kagome nodded, "Inuyasha, I just don’t think I can do it, I loved you so much, and so hard. Every time you ran to Kikyo a piece of my heart died and now, Its just now starting to heal…I’m sorry"

Kagome put her head down and Inuyasha’s ear drooped so low they almost disappeared into his head. Then he stood and he walked over to Kagome, he pulled her to him and he held her tightly. Kagome struggled at first but then she slowly wrapped arm arms around him. Inuyasha buried his face in her hair and he breathed in deeply. He held to him as if his very life depended it on it. Kagome closed her eyes and she buried her face into his chest. Inuyasha lifted Kagome up bridal style and he walked back to the shrine.

When Sango and Miroku walked into the room they stopped. Sango smiled at the scene in front of her. Inuyasha lay on Kagome’s bed with Kagome curled up next to him. His arms were around her. Sango and Miroku slept in the living room in order to give them privacy.

The next morning Inuyasha woke before everyone else. He slowly wrote a letter to Kagome and he left it on her bedside table. He leaned down and he kissed her lips softly. Inuyasha then left and he went back through the well. A few hours later everyone was gathered around the table when the heart-wrenching scream echoed through the house. Miroku and Sango ran as fast as they could up to Kagome’s room. When they ran in, Kagome was knelt on the floor sobbing and holding the paper. Sango knelt and she took Kagome in her arms while Miroku read the letter.

"By The time you read this I will no longer be in your time. I do love you Kagome and I’m sorry it took me this long to realize it. I will not come back to see you. It kills the both of us, So I am respecting your wishes and I am staying away. But I want you to know that I will always be here, I will always be on the other side of the well waiting for you.

Goodbye Kagome

Inuyasha"

Sango looked down and she held Kagome as tightly as she could. Kagome was sobbing uncontrollably by the time Miroku knelt down and he took them both into his arms.

When Kagome finally calmed down she stayed in a trance for the rest of the day. It wasn’t until dinner when she showed signs of coming to. Suddenly she stood and her eyes went wide, "Something’s wrong in the feudal era" Miroku stood and he nodded, "I can feel it to" Sango and Kagome ran upstairs to change. Kagome changed into tight jeans, boots and long sleeved red shirt. She grabbed her jacket and she threw it on. She then grabbed her bow and arrows. Sango put her demon slaying uniform on and she grabbed her weapon. Miroku was already changed when they came down. The three ran to the well and they jumped in.

When they arrived on the other side they weren’t surprised to see it was snowing. They climbed out of the well and the listened. When Kagome heard Inuyasha’s screams. Her eyes went wide, She ran in the direction it came from and she let out a scream when she saw Kaede'’ village on fire. While Sango and Miroku went to help the other’s Kagome battled the demon responsible.

When she had slayed the demon Kaede and the others came out smiling. When their smile’s faded Kagome became worried. When Kagome heard the growl, She slowly turned around. Her bow fell from her hands and her eyes went wide, She was staring into the demonic eyes of Inuyasha…He was now nearly full transformed…..

End Notes:

SONG:

Dont by Shania Twain

Inuyasha's choice and Miroku's question by Inuyasha_Lover
Author's Notes:
I do not own the songs

Kagome slowly began to back up, "Inuyasha?" Inuyasha let out a growl and he held up his claws. Kagome turned and she looked at Miroku, "Go find the Tetusaiga…NOW!" Miroku nodded and he ran into the forest. Kagome set her things down and she held her hands up. "Inuyasha its me…It’s Kagome" Inuyasha tilted his head in confusion. He began to laugh as he jumped in the air. Kagome began to run but she wasn’t fast enough. Inuyasha landed on her and he began to claw at her skin. Kagome screamed for him to stop.

Miroku finally appeared with the sword and he through it to Kagome. As Inuyasha went to swipe at her again, Kagome held the sword up. Inuyasha was thrown back and he hit the ground with a loud thud. Kagome lay on the ground holding the sword close to her chest. She was covered in blood. Her shirt had been shredded, Gashes ran across her chest, Stomach, legs and arms. She began to shiver as she slowly sat up, Inuyasha slowly came to and he sat up holding his head. When he saw Kagome his eyes went wide and he began to breathe hard, "Kagome?"

Kagome fell back and Inuyasha ran to her. His tears fell onto her face, "Kagome I’m so sorry." Kagome smiled as she touched his cheek gently, "It wasn’t your fault Inuyasha. The demon took away your sword. I don’t blame you." Inuyasha lifted Kagome out of the snow and he began to walk towards the well. Sango gathered medicine and herbs from Kaede and she gathered Kagome’s things. They followed close behind Inuyasha. When they got to the well they jumped in and they disappeared. When they appeared on the other side Annie was waiting for them. When she saw Kagome she went to call the ambulance, Kagome shocked everyone by saying no. "I am not going to the hospital, They look worse than they really are. Besides Kaede gave us medicine. I want to be alone with Inuyasha."

Inuyasha Then disappeared up the steps with Kagome. He walked into the room and he shut the door. He gently laid her on the bed and he put his head down, "Kagome this is all my fault. I should have killed the demon." Kagome slowly and painfully sat up, "Stop it Inuyasha, This wasn’t your fault. Your demon blood took over. I do not blame you and I want you to stop blaming yourself…Understood" Inuyasha nodded and he tilted his head as Kagome removed her shirt. He nodded and he pulled out the herbs.

Kagome helped Inuyasha prepare the herbs and then he slowly applied them to her cuts. Kagome smiled when she saw how gentle Inuyasha was. When he finished Inuyasha stood to leave but Kagome stopped him. Inuyasha sat back down and he looked at Kagome.

Kagome smiled as she leaned in and Kissed Inuyasha gently. Inuyasha slowly closed his eyes and he returned the kiss as he rested his hand on Kagome’s cheek. When the kiss ended a few minutes later both were panting. Kagome smiled brightly as her cheeks turned pink. Inuyasha moved to lie next to her. He pulled her close and the two fell asleep holding each other.

When Kagome woke the next morning Inuyasha still had his arm draped over her. Kagome smiled as she slowly sat up. Inuyasha came to and he sat up, he helped Kagome stand and he handed her a shirt to put on. The gashes were already healing much to Inuyasha’s surprise. When Kagome walked down the stairs, She was shocked to see David standing in the kitchen. Inuyasha realized it was too late to hide his ears so he walked in behind Kagome. He was relieved when David smiled and stuck his hand out, "Hello you must be Inuyasha. Kagome talks a lot about you." Inuyasha smiled and he shook David’s hand.

"I bet your wondering why I’m here so early so I will get down to it, I need two more singers and I was wondering if Inuyasha and Miroku could sing for the club." Inuyasha raised an eyebrow and Miroku grinned, "of course we will sing, we will be there tonight." David nodded and he let out a sigh of relief "Thank you…Be at the club at 6 tonight" Kagome nodded and David left the shrine.

That night Kagome and Sango stood in their room getting ready, Kagome wore tight faded Jeans, Black boots, a tight black tank with a see through red shirt over it. She slipped her jacket on and she brushed her hair. Sango wore a knee length emerald green spaghetti strapped dress with a black belt and black heels. She pulled her jacket on and she pulled her hair back into an elegant ponytail. Downstairs The boys paced the living room floor as they waited for the girls, Miroku wore black jeans, Black Boots, a blue button up shirt and a knee length black jacket. Inuyasha wore Jeans, Boots, a blood red button up shirt and a ankle length black jacket.

When Kagome and Sango walked down the stairs, Inuyasha and Miroku smiled. The group left and Annie stood in the doorway smiling. The walk to the club was enjoyable, Inuyasha kept his arm around Kagome’s waist and he smiled. When they reached the club Sango and Kagome showed the guys backstage. David came up to them and he smiled, "You four look fantastic…Now Sango your up first, Then you Kagome followed by Miroku and then Inuyasha." They nodded and David walked off. Sango took her jacket off and she laid it over a chair. She kissed Miroku’s cheek and she walked onto the stage.

The crowd cheered and clapped and they fell silent as The lights dimmed and The music started, Sango sat on the stood and she began to sing,

"She loved like he was the last man on earth. gave him everything she ever had.
He’d break her spirit down, then come lovin’ up on her. give a little, then
Take it back. she’d tell him about her dreams - he’d just shoot ’em down. lord,
He loved to make her cry. "you’re crazy for believin’ you’ll ever leave the
Ground." he said "only angels know how to fly."


And with a broken wing, she still sings. she’ keeps an eye on the sky. with a
Broken wing, she carries her dreams. man, you ought to see her fly.


One Sunday morning’, she didn’t go to church. he wondered why she didn’t leave.
He went up to her bedroom, found a note by the window, with the curtains
Blowin’ in the breeze, and with a broken wing, she still sings. she keeps an
Eye on the sky.

With a broken wing, she carries her dreams. Man, you ought to
See her fly. With a broken wing, she carries her dreams. Man, you ought to see
Her fly. (With a broken wing oooooh)"

The song ended and Sango took a bow. She walked back stage and Miroku smiled, "You sang beautifully Sango." Kagome smiled and she laid her jacket next to Sango’s, She walked onto the stage and she grabbed the microphone, "This song is a special dedication to a very special someone, Inuyasha will you come on stage with me please?" Inuyasha’s eyes went wide and he slowly walked onto the stage. Thankfully it was the night of the new moon, So Inuyasha appeared Human. Kagome smiled when the music started, She grabbed the microphone and she began to sing to Inuyasha,

In your arms I can still feel the way you
want me when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered
when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms

And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way--
and there ain't not how
I'll never see that day....

[Chorus:]
'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
We will be together all of our day
Wanna wake up every
morning to your sweet face--always

Mmmm, baby
In your heart--I can still hear
a beat for every time you kiss me
And when we're apart,
I know how much you miss me
I can feel your love for me in your heart

And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't now way--
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....

(I wanna wake up every morning)

In your eyes--(I can still see
the look of the one) I can still see
the look of the one who really loves me
(I can still feel the way that you want)
The one who wouldn't put anything
else in the world above me
(I can still see love for me) I can
still see love for me in your eyes
(I still see the love)

Kagome stood with her back to Inuyasha and she pulled his arms around her as she sang,


And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way--
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....


I'm keeping you forever and for always
I'm in your arms

When the song ended Kagome leaned in and Kissed Inuyasha gently. The crowed began to whistle and Kagome turned a dark shade of red. In the audience Annie sat smiling. She wiped a tear away and she began to whistle with the audience. . Kagome and Inuyasha walked back stage and they stopped when Miroku walked up to them, "Kagome will you hold this for me while I’m on stage?" He handed Kagome a small velvet box, Kagome raised an eyebrow and she opened it. When she saw the small diamond ring inside her eyes went wide. "Miroku!?" Miroku smiled and he walked onto the stage. The music started and he began to sing,

Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can't find no rest
Where I’m going is anybody’s guess

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It’s written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

I don’t mean to drag it on, but I can’t seem to let you go
I don’t wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

Incomplete

 

 

Sango wiped her eyes as Miroku walked back stage. She smiled and she pulled Miroku to her and she kissed him gently. Inuyasha smiled and he reluctantly let go of Kagome to walk on stage. The lights dimmed and Inuyasha began to sing,

Remember when, we never needed each other
The best of friends like
Sister and Brother
We understood, we'd never be,
Alone

Those days are gone, and I want you so much
The night is long and I need your touch
Don't know what to say
I never meant to feel this way
Don't want to be
Alone tonight

[chorus:]
What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

I hear your voice
And I start to tremble
Brings back the child that, I resemble

I cannot pretend, that we can still be friends
Don't want to be,
Alone tonight

[chorus:]
What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

[Bridge:]
Oh I want to say this right
And it has to be tonight
Just need you to know, oh yeah

I don't want to live this life
I don't want to say goodbye
With you I wanna spend
The rest of my life

[chorus:]
What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
Everything's changed, we never knew

How did I fall,
in love ,
with you?

 

 

Kagome smiled as Inuyasha bowed and he walked up to her. That night after the club closed, The group walked slowly to the shrine. It was well below freezing but with the snow falling it was too beautiful to rush home. Once they reached the shrine, Kagome and Inuyasha walked inside leaving Sango and Miroku along in front of the well. Miroku smiled as he took Sango’s hand in his, "My Dear Sango, I love you so much. I know our relationship hasn’t been the easiest. But I want to spend every waking moment with you. I want you to be by my side always"

Miroku got down on one knee and Sango’s eyes filled with tears. Miroku pulled out the ring and he smiled, "Sango will you marry me?" Sango let out a happy sob and she nodded, "Yes…" Miroku slid the ring on her finger and he lifted her up. He spun around with her in his arms. That night the couple stayed outside as long as they could. They held each knowing, This was only the beginning for them.

End Notes:

SONGS:

Broken wing by Martina Mcbride

foever and for always by shania twain

incomplete by backstreet boys

how did i fall in love with you by backstreet boys

Sango's Wedding and Inuyasha's Mate by Inuyasha_Lover

Preparations for the wedding began immediately. Sango and Miroku decided they were going to marry on the night of the next full moon, which was only a week away. The following morning, Annie, Sango and Kagome left to the get the dresses for the wedding. The wedding was going to be held there on the shrine and then the after party would be at the club. When Sango came out of the dressing room, Kagome and Annie almost burst into tears. Sango wore a strapless, Ivory White, floor length gown. The top of the gown was closed with Corset lacing and it hugged Sango’s figure tightly. She found a pair of White Satin gloves that went to her elbow. Sango looked in the mirror and she frowned, Kagome raised an eyebrow as she spoke, "What’s wrong Sango, The gown is beautiful."

"I know it is, Its just, the tux Miroku will be wearing will be the same color as the blue on his monk robes. I wanted to tie my dress in but I don’t know how." Kagome thought for a moment and then she smiled. She walked over to the woman who worked in the store and she told her what Sango wanted. The woman smiled and she handed Kagome several strips of blue satin and a long wide strip as well. Sango raised an eyebrow as she walked over, "What are you going to do Kagome?" Kagome smirked and she tucked the fabric into her bag, "Oh don’t worry about it. It’s my wedding gift to you and it’s a surprise."

Since Kagome was the only bridesmaid Sango had, Kagome picked out a dark blue spaghetti strapped gown with gloves to match. The girls left the store satisfied with what they wanted. That night Annie joined the group in the living room, "Ok we need to plan this out, How Many people will be coming to the wedding Kagome?" Kagome sat up and she began to count on her finger’s "Well it will be us of course, then Yuka, Eri, Ayumi and Hojo. Then whoever you have invited mama plus Shippo and Kilala." Annie nodded and she wrote down the names. "Ok and what’s going to happen after?"

Kagome leaned back into Inuyasha and she smiled, "after the wedding is over, Sango and I will change as will Inuyasha and Miroku. Then the party is going to be held at the club. Well the reception if you want to be formal, and then that night, Sango and Miroku are going to have the bedroom to themselves and Inuyasha and I will sleep down here." Sango turned red and she threw a pillow at Kagome, who caught it and laughed.

Kagome spent the rest of the week closed up in her room working on the wedding gown. When the morning of the wedding arrived. Kagome could hardly contain herself when she went to wake Sango up. She ran in and she pounced on the bed, "Come on Sango get up, Your getting married!" Sango laughed and she slowly opened her eyes. Kagome stood and she let out a tiny squeal "Stay right their ill be right back" Kagome ran from the room and a few minutes later she returned with Annie, and a large box. She knelt on the floor and she handed the box to Sango.

When Sango opened the box she immediately broke into Tears. The corset Lacing’s on her gown were now the color of the blue in Miroku’s tux. Kagome lifted the dress out of the box revealing the strip of blue fabric at the bottom of the dress. Sango stood and she pulled Kagome into a tight hug, "Thank you so much. No one has ever done anything like this for me before." Kagome smiled and she wiped away her tears, "ok we don’t want to crush the dress." Sango laughed and she pulled back. The girls walked downstairs and they ate breakfast in silence. Inuyasha and Miroku had left earlier to get ready in Grandfather’s gift shop.

After breakfast Kagome and Sango went upstairs and they began to get ready. Kagome looked like a princess in her dress. The top half hugged her figure perfectly and the skirt flowed down to the floor with a slight train. She slipped her heels on and she went to help Sango. Sango had just pulled her gloves on when Kagome walked in. She smiled and she sat down so Kagome could help her with her hair.

Kagome pulled Sango’s hair back and she twisted it into a loose but elegant bun. She pinned it back with several jeweled pins and a comb lined with small blue flowers. Several loose Tendrils framed Sango’s shoulders and face. Annie came in a few minutes later holding something. She smiled when she saw her daughter, "You both look beautifully have something for you Sango." Annie pulled out a small gold chain, On the chain was a gold locket with Sango’s name carved into it in elegant writing. Sango smiled and she took it, "Thank you so much."

Sango smiled and she hugged Annie tightly. Sango clasped the chain around her neck and she smiled. When Yuka, Eri and Ayumi came in and saw the girls they all began to squeal. Meanwhile Inuyasha stood in front of the mirror admiring his new robes. They were exactly like his fire rat except they were the color blue. He turned and he smirked when Miroku walked out in his Tux. "I feel so so…. Different" Inuyasha laughed, "Yea it takes a while to get used to the clothing here."

An hour later Miroku stood in front of the sacred tree with Inuyasha on his side. Kagome’s grandfather was going to perform the ceremony. When Kagome walked into View Inuyasha smiled brightly. Kagome walked until she reached her spot and she faced the house. Sango walked out and Miroku’s mouth fell open. Sango walked Slowly and she smiled when she reached Miroku. Miroku grabbed her hand and they turned towards Kagome’s grandfather.

"Today we gather beneath the sacred tree, to join to souls as one. Sango and Miroku have been through the toughest of times. But their love has remained true. Miroku and Sango have written their own vows. Miroku you first lad, "

Miroku smiled and he turned to face Sango and he took a deep breath, "Dearest Sango, when I met you, I was nothing but a womanizer. But you showed me how to truly love someone and you showed me what it’s like to be loved back…I’m going to spend the rest of my life making you the happiest person on the earth." Sango smiled as Miroku slid the ring onto her finger. She took a deep breath and she began to speak, "Miroku, when we first met, I had been raised and taught to do only one thing, and that was to slay demons. When I joined the group you welcomed me with open arms and you never once gave up on me….It was you who taught me how to truly love someone. My heart is yours….for all eternity"

Sango slid the ring onto Miroku’s finger and she smiled. Kagome’s grandfather smiled, "Now your souls are one. Forever will you be at peace with each other. Miroku you may now Kiss Sango…Your wife"

Miroku smiled and he kissed Sango gently. The family began to clap as Sango wrapped her arms around Miroku. Once the wedding was over Inuyasha walked up to Kagome and he smiled, "You look beautiful" Kagome smiled brightly and she walked back to the house with Inuyasha. Once inside Kagome went upstairs and she changed into a blood red, knee length, halter style dress with black heels. She took her hair down and she shook it free of any tangles. Sang changed into tight black pants, a blue halter-top and heels. She took the pins out of her hair and she smiled. Inuyasha changed into jeans, a button up red shirt and boots while Miroku wore black jeans, a blue button shirt and boots. The girls came downstairs and the family took off for the club.

When they entered the club Sango and Miroku were met by applause and cheering. David laughed when Sango jumped about a foot in the air. After they cut the cake, Sango led Miroku onto the dance floor, She held him close and she smiled as David put on a song for them to dance to. Kagome stood in the background smiling as she watched them. Inuyasha walked up to Kagome and he smiled as he held his hand out, "May I have this dance." Kagome smiled and she took Inuyasha’s hand. She was led onto the dance floor and she smiled when Inuyasha pulled her close. Kagome was quite surprised at how well Inuyasha could dance. When the music changed to fast, Inuyasha tried to leave. Kagome smirked as she pulled him close, She turned her back to him and she began to move her hips in beat with the song. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow and he held Kagome closer.

The party wasn’t over until well after midnight. Kagome, Sango, Inuyasha and Miroku smiled as they walked out of the club and into the snow. Kagome smirked as she picked up some snow and she hurled it at Sango. Sango began to laugh as her and Kagome engaged in a snow ball fight. The guys soon joined and within minutes, The group lay in the snow panting and laughing. Kagome started to shiver so the group decided to go home. Annie, Souta, Shippo and Grandfather would be staying in a hotel for the night. Sango had chosen to stay at the shrine, since it was her first home in a long time. As Sango and Miroku disappeared upstairs, Kagome smirked. She fixed some hot tea for her and Inuyasha, and they settled down in the living room.

Kagome smiled as she sat on the air mattress positioned in front of the fireplace. She looked at Inuyasha and she smiled, "Inuyasha, are you happy here?" Inuyasha moved to sit on the mattress and he smiled, "Of course I am, as long as I’m with you, I am home." Kagome smiled and she sat her cup down, "Inuyasha I’m so sorry I pushed you away, I thought if I kept you away, then we would heal and we would be able to go on with our lives. But it seems I was causing us more pain. I love you and I want to be yours…for all time." Inuyasha smiled as he leaned in and kissed Kagome gently. Kagome reached up and she grabbed Inuyasha by his mane and she pulled him down with her.

The next morning, Sango walked down the stairs pulling her robe on. She smiled and she turned to get Miroku. Miroku and Sango quietly walked into the living room and the both smiled. Inuyasha and Kagome were curled around each other, It was clearly visible that both were naked under the thin blanket that covered them. Kagome had her head on Inuyasha’s chest, She moved and her hair fell back to reveal Inuyasha’s mating mark on her shoulder just above her pulse point. Sango knelt down and she tapped them both on the shoulder. Inuyasha’s eyes flew open and he sat up slowly, "what’s wrong?" Sango smiled when Kagome opened her eyes, "I hate to do this but, Annie will be home soon with the other’s and I am sure the both of you would want to be fully clothed when she comes in"

Both Inuyasha and Kagome turned a dark shade of red. When Annie walked in a few minutes later, The group was huddled in front of the fire place smiling….acting as if nothing ever happened.....

Back through the well by Inuyasha_Lover

(2 months later)

Kagome sat at the table with her family, She sighed as she put her head down. Inuyasha had started going back to the feudal era in order to check on Kaede and the village. Every time he left Kagome was scared that he would not return. When the door slid open Kagome smiled as Inuyasha walked into the room. Her mate sat next to her and she grabbed his hand. Sango smiled, "How is Kaede doing Inuyasha?" Inuyasha shrugged, "She’s alright, Not much change. I told her the good news and she was of course very happy."

Sango smiled and she looked at Miroku. The family had recently found out Sango was pregnant. She was about a month along now and Miroku was completely ecstatic. Kagome was happy to but She had also been doing a lot of thinking lately. She wanted to marry Inuyasha but she didn’t know how to ask him. For him to just take her as his mate, it was a deeper bond that marriage. Kagome just shrugged and she finished her dinner.

The following morning Kagome woke with a sick feeling in her stomach. It had been the same thing every morning for the past two months. As she sat on the bathroom floor trying to breathe, a thought hit her. She didn’t understand how she could not have felt it before…She was pregnant. Her hands went to her stomach and she smiled happily. She was going to be a mother and Inuyasha a father. She stood and she went downstairs. As she prepared to tell the family Inuyasha stood, "I need to go back to the feudal era, I’m getting a bad feeling about something and I want to go check it out."

That night Kagome stood in front of the well house with Inuyasha. Since proclaiming her as his mate, he no longer allowed her to go through the well with him. He felt it was too dangerous. Kagome held Inuyasha close and she tried to fight back the tears. She knew she had to wait to tell him about the pup, his mind was on one track and that was checking out the feudal era. She smiled as she leaned up and kissed her mate gently.

Inuyasha took the fire-rat off along with the beads and he handed them to Kagome. He knew it made her feel better if he proclaimed he would indeed be coming back. He closed her hands over the beads and he smiled, "Ill be coming back for these" Kagome smiled and she nodded, "You better". Kagome then leaned in and she hugged Inuyasha tightly.

Inuyasha reluctantly pulled back and he walked over to the well. He jumped onto the side and he looked at Kagome. He smiled and he jumped in. Kagome watched as the blue light engulfed her mate. She then sat down under the sacred tree and she began to wait for him, Like she had done so many times before.

End Notes:
The first part of the true to your heart series is now over....Trust me people more will be coming....
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=769