Where their is Dark...Their is also Light by Inuyasha_Lover
Summary:

I thought of this at 1:30 in the morning when i couldnt sleep.

Kagome suffered the worst thing possible in the feudal era. But even in the darkest of times......You can fight hope...all you have to do is look


Categories: General, Angst/ Drama Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 923 Read: 4015 Published: 28 Sep 2008 Updated: 28 Sep 2008
Story Notes:

I do not own Inuyasha or the gang,

i do own the plot, sakura, hiroku and Aiko

1. Chapter 1 by Inuyasha_Lover

Chapter 1 by Inuyasha_Lover

Kagome slowly walked through the forest, The only tracks seen in the snow other than hers were those of Miroku, Sango and Inuyasha. The others kept their distance from Kagome as they walked. When they reached their destination, they stopped. Kagome walked a few feet further and she slowly dropped to her knees. The cold from the snow numbed her to the very core. But she ignored it, The cold wind blew Pulling Kagome’s hair out of its pins. She slowly raised her face and she ran her fingers over the words etched into the stone that sat before her,

Lord Sesshomaru

Died honorably in battle

Father, brother, friend and mate

 

A single tear rolled down the young miko’s cheek but she didn’t bother to wipe it away. It had been 4 years since the downfall of Naraku. A year before the final battle, Sango and Miroku decided not to wait and they married. Kagome and Sesshomaru had been courting for a while and they two decided to marry, and that night Sesshomaru marked Kagome as his mate. It wasn’t long after, that Inuyasha and Kikyo were married as well. 9 months later Kagome gave Sesshomaru the greatest gift a demon lord could have asked for, a heir, a daughter which they named Sakura. Sakura looked exactly like her father in all ways but one, She was born with dog-ears like Inuyasha. Kagome was scared to death that Sakura would be outcasted. But when Sesshomaru made the degree that anyone found mocking the young princess would be killed. Kagome couldn’t be happier.

When the final battle happened however, they suffered many losses. Kagura killed Kohaku, Naraku killed Kikyo, and Sesshomaru was killed while trying to protect Kagome. Kagome would never forget the screams that echoed through the battlefield that day, it was only afterward, she realized the screams were her own. Not long after Sesshomaru’s death, Kagome honored his final wish and Inuyasha was made Lord of the West. Not long after that, Kagome was taken as Inuyasha’s mate. She knew she wasn’t betraying Sesshomaru. In fact he had made her promise, that if anything happened to him. She was to stay by Inuyasha’s side. Finally as the sun began to set, Kagome slowly stood. She placed a single red rose on the stone and she turned away from it. Her eyes fell onto Inuyasha and she smiled.

Out of everyone in the group Kagome had undergone the greatest change. She had wished on the Shikon No Tama and she in doing so, her life span along with Miroku, Sango and Inuyasha’s was lengthened. The group would be together for hundreds of years. Kagome also became a Miko Demon, One of the firsts of her kind. She was ten times stronger than Kikyo and she had the abilities and powers of a full-blooded Demon. On her cheeks, ankles and wrists were two pink stripes, Her ears were now pointed and when she smiled, fangs could be seen. The group concluded those must have appeared when she became Sesshomaru’s mate. Her hair now reached her hips, her eyes were still the same chocolate brown that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru fell in love with.

The group silently walked back to the castle. Each year on the anniversary of Sesshomaru’s death, Inuyasha would back away and allow Kagome to grieve. She alone had suffered a fate that nearly surpassed Sango’s. Kagome had chosen to stay in Feudal Japan, There for losing her entire family. She had lost her mate, the person whom she bonded her soul with. She would have died had it not been for Sakura and Inuyasha. The days following Sesshomaru’s burial. Kagome had been so distraught, Inuyasha thought she would surly try to end her life. When he found her trying to do just that, he broke and screamed at her to the point of tears. He then spent the rest of the night holding her until she passed out from exhaustion. It was only when Sakura began to walk and talk That the true Kagome began to come back.

As the group entered the castle grounds, They weren’t shocked to see the entire staff welcoming them back. Shippo stood on the steps with Rin and Sakura. When Sakura began to run towards Kagome, the group stood to the side. Kagome knelt on the ground and she gathered Sakura in her arms. Kouga, Ayame and their 2 year old Daughter Aiko lived in the castle as well. Kaede had passed on 2 years before so there was no need for the group to return to the village. After Sesshomaru’s passing Jaken surprised everyone by staying so he could be close to Rin.

That night the group sat in the gardens watching the children play. Aiko ran through the flowers with her best friend Hiroku, Sango and Miroku’s 4-year-old son. When Kagome came out with Sakura, Inuyasha stood and he smiled. Sakura ran off to play and Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kagome, "Are you alright Kagome?" The miko smiled and she shook her head, "Surprisingly yes I am. Mama was right, It will get easier to bare as the years pass. It still hurts from time to time but I have you, and our Family." Inuyasha smiled and he kissed Kagome’s cheek gently.

When it seems you have endured nothing but pain, suffering and heartbreak. Hope can appear. You can find light in the darkest of times. If you look hard enough, you can find hope when it seems there is none left….All you have to do is…Look

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=775