I Will Miss Thee by kag1156
Summary:   Many people make mistakes. But Mitchie, being a princess, can NEVER make one. But she did and because of it, her death was arranged. Before the guards reached her up in the cold tower, Mitchie slipped from the castle and into the real world.
Categories: Romance > Other, Romance Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 733 Read: 1909 Published: 03 Oct 2008 Updated: 03 Oct 2008
Story Notes:
 

1. Chapter 1 by kag1156

Chapter 1 by kag1156
Author's Notes:
my first story on a laptop so i aplolgize if it's a little, messy.

Chapter 1   

I picked up my skirts, wondering how I was to get there. I hurried through the halls of Buckingham Palace, searching for one of my ladies-in-waiting. The news of King Shane’s arrival nerved everyone. Even me, who was his betrothed. I stared disappointingly as people went by, not a single of them Francine, Ella, or Deluna. Ugh. What slackers they were. Always gossiping, never working. I pressed my hands together. What was I to do? I know. I will go to my room and simply call for my ladies. If I knew them, they’d be sitting around Francine, knitting and gossiping.    

As I made my way through the smiling crowd of people, I wondered what they gossiped about. Every time I walked into the room, the laughter stopped. The girls bent their heads, knitting silently. I saw many people talking as I went by. I smiled at them. I knew, as a princess, that a princess must always smile. The crowd gave a cheer and the talking went on. They loved me. I was England’s heart.    

 I stopped as I reached my bedchamber. Francine and the others were chatting. The faint laughter from their, nasal, voices rose above the chatter. I pressed my ear against the door. “…If he wanted to, I mean. Mitchie’s a beautiful woman, if it weren’t for her difficult attitude. If the king, his majesty, wanted a wife who would obey him, he got the wrong princess,” Francine laughed.

There was laughter all around. I opened my mouth wide. How dare they?     “And of course, there’s matter of her hair. What a jungle. Of course, untamed hair for an untamed princess,” the voice belonged to the crude Ella. More laughter. I pressed my hand to my mouth. No, this would surely NOT do. I opened the door. Everyone stopped laughing and stared.    

“Hello, Princess Mitchie. My, you look lovely today. If it pleases you, may we help you get dressed?”  Ella asked curtsying.    

“It does NOT please me, Ella! How dare you speak so foul of your princess! I have heard more than needed. Be gone with you all! Be gone!” I waved my hands and the girls scattered, blushing and apologizing. As I stood tall in front of the mirror, I saw a girl with nice hair. What they saw was nothing but what jealousy made them see. I studied myself. I was fine. If he liked woman with narrow waists, long hair, and the most dazzling eyes…I was perfect.    

“Your…Majesty?” I swirled around. I gasped. A little girl poked her head from behind my closet. I crouched down and held out my hand.     “What is your name, little child?” I asked softly. The girl looked at me with brown eyes and shrugged. She swayed from side to side, nervous. “Honey, it’s ok to tell me. I am a nice princess. What is your name?”   

“Please, Princess, do not punish me. I merely hid here because my mother does not wish for her friends to see me. My mother, Lady Deluna, is not pleased with me. She wishes me a beautiful child,” then the little girl backs up. As if she said too much. “I was in no position to burden you, my princess.” The child curtsied, and then blushed.    

 “My name is Elizabeth,” she said after awhile. I nodded.    

“Lady Elizabeth…you have not burdened me. You have opened my heart to you and because of that, I offer my hand in friendship,” I say kindly. Elizabeth smiled and held my hand. I led her to the garden, full of roses and different other flowers I had yet to learn of. I sat her down on a bench, near the water fountain.    

“Lady Elizabeth, what your mother says is wrong. She is merely jealous. I think you a beautiful girl, inside and out. Your hair, reddish-gold, falls down your back gracefully. And your eyes shine with bright brown, a sign of kindness,” I say softly. Elizabeth smiles. She stares at me and nods.    

“Thank you, princess. Oh, I must go. My mother must be wondering where I am. Imagine me, telling her I was talking to you. Goodbye for now, princess,” Elizabeth waved, curtsied, and ran off. I watched after her, wishing I was little again. How lucky she was. Not to be betrothed and a princess. 

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=792