Contemplation by Taiyoukai_Nile
Summary: Kagome thinks about her relationship with InuYasha
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 252 Read: 2208 Published: 11 Oct 2008 Updated: 11 Oct 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Taiyoukai_Nile

Chapter 1 by Taiyoukai_Nile
Author's Notes:
Drabble challenge

Theme: shy
Sometimes Kagome thought InuYasha just did not like her at times. He treated her like dirt, as if they had just met and Kaede never threw the kotodama on him. Other times, Kagome thought he actually cared for her.

However, it was in the moments after she thought he cared, he would get that far away look.

‘Just like now,’ she sighed sadly, watching her red clad companion looking off into the night. ‘What does he think about? Does he think about Kikyo? His mother? His father?’

She wanted to hold InuYasha and make him understand that she was there for him and that he could tell her anything. She cared for him so deeply. She had experienced things with him that no one else would understand. She always came back to him even though she had another life in another time. However, as modern and upfront as she could be, she was not as bold when it came to him.

‘It is because I love him that I stay here at a distance and try to be there as much as I can. I wish he was mine, but his heart is with Kikyo,’ she thought, outwardly sighing.

The sigh caught InuYasha’s attention.

“Why are you looking at me with that look on your face, wench?” he gruffly asked.

Kagome snapped out of her deep thoughts, her temper getting the best of her.

“Sit! I wasn’t thinking about anything, stupid!” she replied tersely, and then stomped off toward camp.
End Notes:
I do not own InuYasha. Copyright goes to Takahashi Rumiko.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=801