The Squeamish Monk And The Oni's Meal by MomoDesu
Summary: Kagome finds out the hard way that Miroku is a rather squeamish monk.
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Kagome Higurashi, Miroku
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 408 Read: 1596 Published: 27 Oct 2008 Updated: 27 Oct 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer:Inuyasha and all related characters are property of Rumiko Takahashi.

This was written for the prompt squeamish, for Forthright's Third Annual Halloween Drabble Challenge.

1. The Squeamish Monk And The Oni's Meal by MomoDesu

The Squeamish Monk And The Oni's Meal by MomoDesu
During her time in the Feudal Era, Kagome had brought many of her modern traditions with her. All of her friends seemed to really enjoy the few she had celebrated with them so far, so she decided it was time for another addition to the calendar: Halloween. Rather than make it an event for only her friends, she thought it would be something fun for the entire village. With a little help from Kaede and Miroku, she had constructed a tent that served as a spook house, with tricks on the way in, and treats on the way out. She had just put on the finishing touches when Miroku peeked into the tent.

"Kagome-sama, have you finished? There is a line forming."

Kagome pouted. "Miroku, you aren't supposed to be in here yet!" There wasn't much to see, really. Candles had the rooms dimly lit, and Sango and Kaede were still putting on costumes to serve as her 'ghouls'.

Miroku's eyes moved to the table she stood at. "What do you have there?"

"Oh," she said, "just the 'oni's meal'."

He cocked his head to the side. "Oni's meal?"

Kagome nodded. "You know, the usual. If you want to see, you have to be blindfolded."

He grinned. "Blindfolded?"

Rather than wait for him to ask again, Kagome took the blindfold off of the table and wrapped it around Miroku's head, securing it in place over his eyes. She then took his hand and put it in the first bowl.

He wiggled his fingers in the bowl, taking in the odd texture. "What is this?"

"Those are worms. Everybody knows oni love worms." She pulled his hand from the bowl, silently laughing at the greenish hue his face was turning. She moved on.

Again, he examined the texture. "This?"

"The eyeballs of their victims." His face turned a shade greener, and they noved to the last bowl.

"I don't want to know what this is!" His face twisted before he yanked off the blindfold, threw it at her, then dashed from the tent.

"You don't like brains, Miroku?" she yelled after him, giggling. "Squeamish?"

She turned back to her table of spaghetti 'worms', peeled grape 'eyeballs', and Jell-O 'brains', then gave herself a pat on the back.

Miroku was the first of many squeamish souls to fall for the miko's trick that night.

When the last villager left the tent, Kagome was already planning her trick for next year.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=846