- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I do not own Inuyasha or anything else created by the great Rumiko Takahashi.
He sighed loudly as he clamped the last clamp shut on his suitcase. Sitting on the bed, he looked around the one-roomed apartment that he has called home for so long. Now he was leaving it forever. So this is it. I am finally leaving this God- forsaken place. He thought to himself as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. The silver dog ears on top of his head flicked as he listened to the noise of the bustling outside; Noises that he was glad to never hear again.
With luggage in hand and a sack across his back, Inuyasha opened the door and shut out the light never too return again. Walking down the hall, his mind played over the event that happened earlier that morning.





“I-Inuyasha,” Cracked a feminine voice at the other end of the receiver. Inuyasha sat up in bed and rubbed his sleep filled eyes. Glancing at the clock, he could see that it was 2:37.
“Kagome? Kagome, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? Did something happen?” He asked hurriedly, his voice filled with concern.

“Inuyasha, I have to tell you something.” She stated, before she broke down into more sobs.

“Kagome, was it your step-dad again? What happened? He didn’t hurt you, did he? Damn it, Kagome. I’m so sor-“
“No, Inuyasha, that’s not it.” She cut in.

Then what, Kagome? What’s wrong?” He asked. He scratched his head in confusion.


“Inuyasha, I’m pregnant.” She finally cracked out.

Her only reply was silence. Inuyasha’s hand dropped to his lap and he stared his room, mouth agape. The silence only made her cry harder.
“Inuyasha, I’m so sorry! Please forgive me. I-I just don’t know what to do! He’ll kill us if he find out! He’ll kill you…” She cried out. Inuyasha’s ears went back.

“Hush, Kagome. Please don’t cry. It will be okay.” He said, trying to comfort her.


“No it won’t, you baka! You remember more than anyone what happened when he found your mark. He went ballistic! He’s going to kill us! Oh, Inuyasha! I’m so af- afraid!” She screamed.

“Kagome, he’s not going to find out. And he never will.” He said softly. He was so full of emotion that he couldn’t think straight. All he could think about was a way to get his mate and pup out of harms way.

“Then what do you suggest.” She snapped through tears.

“We’ll runaway. We’ll run away and never return again! I think I know a place. Kagome, we can get married and raise our pup in a life that it deserves. I’ll take you away from this place. You’ll never have to that hellish of a father ever again! Wait. Sorry Kagome, will you marry me?”

“Inuyasha…” She sighed. Her tears of fear were now being replaced with tears of joy.

“We can leave tonight. Your brother has a soccer game, right? Meet me at the bus station, and we can leave. Kagome…I want to be with you forever.” He told her. Even his eyes were beginning to water.

“Yes, Inuyasha… I want to get married. So tonight then?”

“Tonight.” He said softly as he lied back down.





The sun was beginning to rise as Inuyasha stared out the foggy window at the rolling country side. They had been on the bus for about six hours now. The hum of the machine he found quite soothing through the ride, but he was too exited to sleep.
Looking at the black haired girl that rested on his shouldered, Inuyasha smiled. She looked so peaceful in her sleep, like an angel. Well he had never seen an angel before, but she was his closest guess. She had brought so much happiness into his life, and now she was giving him that greatest gift of all: a family and a home.

“I love you, Kagome.” He whispered to her as he rested his head on hers. The bus continued down the road, taking the new young lovers to their new life they would share together. As the sun began to creep more into the morning sky, a new beginning began.

~Fin~
Chapter End Notes:
RATE AND REVIEW!!!