- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I do not own InuYasha. Copyright goes to Takahashi Rumiko. I do not make money from this stuff.
“Are you warm?” InuYasha asked, noticing Kagome’s teeth chattering.

Kagome hated to be a bother, but she was really cold. She did not have anything like weather forecasts or even television to plan on what to wear.

“Yes,” she replied.

InuYasha untied his fire-rat haori, took it off, and gently draped it over Kagome.

“But you will get cold,” Kagome protested.

“What part of ‘I am a hanyou’, do you not get?” InuYasha asked.

Kagome drew the haori tight around her, trying to block InuYasha from seeing how embarrassed he had made her. She knew he was hanyou. The futuristic miko just worried about him and always wondered if it was a part of his touch exterior façade.

“I’m useless,” Kagome mumbled sadly.

“Ah, cut the crap, wench!” InuYasha complained. “You might be whiny, but you are definitely not useless.”

“But you always say I am,” she replied solemnly.

“You are such a dumbie,” he chided.

“YOU ARE THE DUMB ONE!” Kagome boomed.

InuYasha fell back from his crouch position, his eyes wide, but he soon recovered.

“Damnit! You really are dumb. First you get all mopey and sad about me calling you useless and now you get mad because I called you dumb. Think about it. Do you think I mean it?” he asked, inching close until he was nose-to-nose with her.

Kagome tried to shrink back, but forgot she was sitting against a tree. InuYasha had a point. She always seemed to be moody.

“I cannot help it. You always send me these strange signals. When I think I know you, I find out another part and it confuses me all over. Just come out and say what you mean. If I am useless, mean it!” Kagome cried.

InuYasha’s face dropped into a frown.

“Do not cry Kagome. No tears, okay. I am sorry,” InuYasha apologized, and then quickly got frustrated.

He growled and punched the tree, right above Kagome’s head.

“I hate this. Whatever I do, I try to be nice, but it comes out all wrong. I care for you, wench! I really do, but I always make you cry. You never tell me or when I ask, you avoid answering my questions,” he admitted.

“It is okay, InuYasha,” she replied. “I am just happy to be with you. I just overreacted.”

He grabbed Kagome and embraced her, nuzzling her neck.

“I am happy to be with you too,” he said softly.

Kagome smiled, feeling the warmth of his words spread over her chest. She relished his strong arms around her and the way he smelled of the fields.

‘I want to tell him I love him, but this will do for now,’ she said to herself, snuggling into his chest.