- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don’t own InuYasha or any of the other characters.  They are the sole property of Rumiko Takahashi.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Happiness.
InuYasha sat in the Goshinbuku staring down at the loves of his life, smiling.  His beautiful mate, Kagome, and their twin pups, Aiko and InuKen.  The well had let her come back to him four years ago.  He still remembers that faithful day almost eight years ago.  The day his life was turned upside down by that onna.

A simple fifteen year old girl at the time had somehow burrowed into his wounded and broken heart and soul.  If not for her, he would still be pinned to this very tree.  If not for her, he wouldn’t have had friends.  If not for her, he wouldn’t have his family now.  Still after all these years, he hasn’t admitted to her that he fell in love that day.  He fell hard.  He tried scaring her away, but it didn’t work and he thanks the Kamis for that.

The wind changed direction and he could smell his brother coming towards them.  Shaking his head to clear it of the memories of that day, he jumped down as a bigger smile crept across his face.  He never thought he would actually be nostalgic about the past, but he couldn’t help it.  That day, her fifteenth birthday, would always be the best day of his life.  Coming in a close second, the birth of his pups.  InuYasha headed toward Kagome as she looked up at him with a smile.  They both knew the reason for this visit; Sesshomaru was coming to take Rin as his mate.  Maybe, just maybe, Sesshomaru would have the same nostalgic thoughts himself someday, InuYasha thought as they waited for him to appear.