- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: The only “yasha” I have owned was my black alley cat, Nekoyasha. I claim no ownership to the Inuyasha franchise. I make no profit with this story.

 

Inuyasha © Rumiko Tahakashi

Author's Chapter Notes:

Glossary:

 

Inu - Dog

Inutachi - “Dog gang” or just as stupidly “The fellowship of Inuyasha”

Shikon - Sacred jewel

Hanyoo - Half demon, Finnish translitering. American version would be “hanyou

Goshinboku - Sacred tree

Yookai - Demon, Finnish translitering (also “youkai”)

Taiyookai - Great demon or Am. “taiyoukai

Hakama - Traditional Japanese pants

Miko - Priestess

Kun - Japanese suffix, used while referring to young boys, can also be applied to girls who have masculine traits or who are tomboyish. Female equivalent would be “chan”. The reason Kagome doesn’t add “kun” after Inuyasha’s name, is because when people reach a certain level of intimacy, they are privileged to call each other just by their name. Lack of suffix is usually a sign of intimacy, but can also be very offending if a stranger addresses a person without using the proper suffix.

***

 

 

‘The first and foremost important thing in seduction is confidence. To pull it off, you’ll have to believe in yourself and think you can do it. You can do it. You can do it! Because you are intelligent, good-looking, funny, multi-talented and a sexy piece of meat with an ACTUAL PULSE. Yeah, pulse is always a definite plus.’

 

Kagome stood in front of her mirror mustering up the courage for the biggest task of her life yet. Seducing that stubborn, pig-headed, infuriating, puppy dog-eared baka who, even after three years, hadn’t been able to make one decent pass at her. So, the miko had figured that if you want something do be done right, best to do it yourself.

 

She rarely put on any make-up, but now was the time to rise to the occasion and kick the stakes up a notch. Slender shaved legs, pale smooth skin, plump ruby lips, tweaked eyebrows with a touch of  warm golden shade on her upper lids to enhance the rich chocolate colour and fine black line along the rim of her eyes as the finishing touch. All this wrapped up in a pale blue dress with dark blue satin frills at the hem. Naturally the hem was high enough to show some legs.

 

She felt confident.

 

***

 

Back at the Sengoku Jidai, a mass of red garment was perching in the shadows of tree leaves near a magical well. The red figure stretched its arms above its head and yawned audibly. She was late, as usual. Inuyasha jumped down from his hiding place, keeping eyes fixated on the well that stood still in the landscape. With few effortless leaps, he reached the pit and sat on the edge of the wooden ledge with his arms crossed. He awaited and, not long after, the darks pits began emitting an eerie magical light.

 

Kagome crossed over and landed on the ancient soil of the past. She filled her lungs with the air and confidently grabbed the vines that grew inside the well and swiftly began heaving herself up. All her preparations had gone smoothly, now she only had to find her clueless target and work her feminine magic on him.

 

She didn’t have to seek him far. When she hopped over the ledge, there he was. With his usual scowl on his handsome face. It looked like he was about to say something, but his mouth came to a halt as his brains fully registered her unusual appearance. A look of awe made its way to his features and his hands slumped down.

 

Kagome had been prepping herself for this, but the reality of the moment caught her off guard. A fine blush tainted her cheeks, and she bit down to her lower lip. Her heart was already racing as her head filled with images of Inuyasha grabbing her into a passionate embrace. Her lips curled into a shy smile. She finally dared to look into his eyes, expecting to see smouldering passion cloud over his usually composed cold eyes. Instead…

 

“Whatta hell is that masquerade for? Are ya goin’ to a festival or sumthing?” He blurted out with a raised eyebrow and still the look of awe on his face. Not the kind of awe she had hoped or maybe stupidly expected… The smile immediately died on her lips.

 

“Anywho, I’m starvin’. Let’s get moving” Inuyasha waved his hand turned his back to Kagome.

 

***

 

Back at Kaede’s hut, Sango and Kaede were already preparing dinner. Squid and rice. Shippo, Miroku and Inuyasha were gathered around the table and were playing with the cards Kagome had supplied them as a gift from the future. Shippo was teaching them butanoshippo. A game which Kagome had showed him earlier. Because it required at least three players, Shippo had managed to lure Inuyasha to play even though he wasn’t very fond of party games due to his poor concentration.

 

The last member of Inutachi, Kagome, was sitting in a corner by herself. Gritting her teeth and wanting to grind her freshly manicured nails against the idiot’s eyeballs. The only man who had taken any notice of her external efforts was Miroku. And she wasn’t exactly sure if she was happy or creeped out by his drooling. Unfortunately the only thing that made Inuyasha drool was the simmering kettle which filled the hut with a salty and fishy aromas.

 

Kagome’s eyes widened with an idea. Of course! She hurried to her yellow backpack that slumped next to the door where she had angrily thrown it. The backpack never fails! She triumphantly raised a small glass bottle on the level of her eyes. It contained pink liquid and Kagome carefully poured some of the solution on her palm. Smearing the contents of the bottle on her neck and chest, she threw the bottle back to the hollows of her trusty yellow companion.

 

Dogs had sensitive noses. The perfume she had just applied did not only have a wonderful floral odor but included natural pheromones, too. This was sure to get a real reaction. And sure it did.

 

***

 

Inuyasha barely managed to run out from the shack and take a few steps away when he already threw up. When he thought his stomach had calmed down, he suddenly hurled a second time and remained in a squatting position, trying to hold his hair away from the proximity of his mouth. When he finally halted his retching for a moment, he managed to cry out: “What the hell is that stench, woman?! Are ya tryin’ to rid me with poisonous gasses?” He clamped his mouth with his hand in attempt to prevent the rest of his stomach contents ending up fertilizing the bushes.

 

Kagome just stared stupidly at the coughing man and carefully sniffed her armpit. No, she still didn’t understand what had caused such a reaction. She’d be needing to have a word with the company that imported her eau de perfume.

 

A loud whimper stopped her musing and very pale Inuyasha wobbled towards the shack. She felt concern clenching her chest and she wanted to hurry to his aid, but felt best if she kept her distance, at least until she bathed.

 

“What is it Inuyasha?” Sango asked and held out a towel for him.

 

Inuyasha grabbed the piece of fabric and whipped his sweaty face with it. “I think the worst has happened.” His voice cracked.

 

Kagome felt like bursting into tears. How was she supposed to know that civet musk was poisonous to dog demons. She would never be able to forgive herself if her vanity caused Inuyasha’s life to come to an end. Such a petty thing to die for.

 

“I just lost my appetite.” Inuyasha concluded his bad news.

 

The tears died in her eyes and a vein popped out from her temple.