- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Inuyasha franchise belongs to Rumiko Takahashi and other respectable owners. I make no money by writing this story.

 

 

*

 

 

The crack of dawn painted the sky with a crimson veil. The sun was rising in the horizon, creating a very warm atmosphere with its golden tones. Yet a solitary figure sat on a log in a red firerat coat with a dark cloud hanging over her head. Despite the warmth, the air around Kagome was as frosty as in Siberia.

 

The Inutachi was starting out their day in Kaede’s hut when Sango glanced at her friend who was sitting a short distance away from the others. “Is something the matter with Kagome-chan?”

 

Miroku and Inuyasha traded oblivious looks and shrugged. The older woman frowned and contemplated on whether to go to talk to Kagome or just leave it be. Usually when Kagome was in her Frigid Zone mood, it meant that Inuyasha had somehow screwed up. This was probably the case this time, as well, so there was very little Sango could do. She sighed and went on about her chores.

 

Meanwhile Kaede returned from the direction of the village and as soon as she spotted the young bunch, se called out to the hanyoo. “Inuyasha, could you be a darling and gather some firewood? It’s such a lovely weather today, we should have breakfast outside.”

 

Inuyasha groaned. He was lying so comfortably on the porch, but the same time, he was feeling a little famished. Damned with the bodily needs. Inuyasha got up and stretched his aching arms while scratching the back of his head. With his demonic speed, he took off to the direction of the woods. He passed Kagome on his way. She was staring blankly into nothingness and it slightly creeped him out. What was up with that woman lately? Inuyasha scoffed and disappeared into the bushes.

 

***

 

Kagome snapped out of her self-pity induced trance when the rest of the crew was setting up a fire in front of her and dragging a kettle there for cooking the meal. Kagome heard a loud roar from the pit of her stomach and pressed her hand down against it. Damnit, she hadn’t eaten a single bite since when. She had been too busy scheming out a way to get Inuyasha to notice her.

 

In the meantime Miroku earned a loud smack on his cheek when he had tried to caress Sango’s behind while she was squatting and kindling the fire. Kagome chuckled to herself. At least someone was getting attention.

 

The rumbling in her stomach wouldn’t ease so she decided to go over to her backpack to reassess her food supplies. She remembered that she had brought over some candy for Shippo. She decided to quench the fires that ate her inside by a lollipop.

 

She sat back on the log and the while she had been gone, Inuyasha had returned with the firewood and had lain on the ground near the fire; observing the farce that was Sango and Miroku. Kagome sat opposite to Inuyasha. She tore the wrapper away from the lollipop and threw the trash into the fire.

 

She measured the sucker with her gaze. Pink. Cherry was her favourite. She popped the candy stick into her mouth and began suckling on it. She sighed with relief and sucked more forcefully. Then her eye caught Inuyasha’s by accident. He was staring at her direction, staring very intently.

 

Kagome blushed and pulled the lollipop out of her mouth. A trace of saliva stuck to the candy. Inuyasha swallowed painfully.

 

Utter gratification washed over her. Of course! Men and suckers. Ah, the glee, the glee. She was going to make him pay dearly for disregarding her earlier. She suppressed her cocky grin, but stared intensely at Inuyasha.

 

Kagome snaked her tongue out of her mouth and lubed the lollipop with more of her saliva. She gently rubbed the pink candy against her tongue. Not for a second breaking their eye contact.

 

Inuyasha’s mouth hung open and a trace of drool leaked from the corner of his mouth.

 

Kagome got more confident. Her heart raced and her tummy tingled. She wrapped her tongue around the treat and plunged it back into her mouth. She closed her eyes and ravished the cherry delight in her mouth. She popped it out of her mouth, only to plunge it back with loud squelchy noises. She whimpered and breathed heavily trough her nose. Her lips swelled while giving Inuyasha the quite suggestive display.

 

Only then he could not take it anymore. Inuyasha sprung up, panting and drooling. His eyes were darkened with something feral. Kagome felt like her heart was trying to rip open her chest, it was beating so fast. Finally! ‘Come and take me, you animal!’ Kagome thought. Inuyasha lunged at…

 

The kettle. “Oh, sweet kami! I’m starving!” Inuyasha wiped the drool from his chin. “I could hardly wait. This stuff smells great!”

 

The lollipop dropped from her mouth.

 

“Oh, Goddamn!” she muttered under her breath and raced back inside to rummage through her backpack for a banana.

 

***

 

After yet another disappointment, Kagome was silently dining with her friends. Staring daggers at Inuyasha’s direction. The stew didn’t quite taste the same when all that her tongue could savour was bitterness. Her constant sighs did not go unnoticed by her current company.

 

Sango could sense that Inuyasha had somehow managed to screw up even while he and Kagome did not exchange a word during the time she had been cooking. She glanced at Inuyasha who was happily devouring his meat stew. Somehow his whole posture was radiating utter ignorance. Sango sighed as well.

 

Inuyasha was busy lapping up his portion of the stew. However, he could not help but to take notice when instead of one sigh, the sigh came in stereo. Inuyasha raised his eyes from his cup to see that Kagome and Sango were both staring absently into the fire and Shippo gave him a disapproving look from the other side of the fire. He got the feeling that he had soooooomehow just screwed something up. He looked at Kagome.

 

***

 

Kagome was finishing up her share when once again Inuyasha caught her eye. She frowned at him and continued cleaning up her plait. When her face still felt like it was burning, she looked over at Inuyasha. He was firmly staring at her. Or was he? Kagome turned her head around to see if the playmate of the month had just appeared behind her. No, there was nothing peculiarly interesting Inuyasha could have been staring at. And the kettle was empty, too.

 

Kagome blinked. Then she wiped her mouth. No, there was nothing funny hanging from her chin. She gave a questioning look at Inuyasha who frowned back in return. Kagome smiled and Inuyasha’s features relaxed.

 

At the same time, Sango and Miroku were preoccupied by an argument whether or not Sango should attire more like Kagome. (Miroku came up with several reasons why such an [revealing] outfit would suit Sango[‘s shapely legs])

 

Kagome laughed at her friends and when she turned to face Inuyasha, his eyes were still on her. She bit nervously her lip and glanced down. Was Inuyasha trying to tell her something? Something he was too embarrassed to say aloud?

 

Kagome slowly moved her gaze back on him only to, indeed, find his eyes fixated on her. Her cheeks were tingling with a familiar feeling. But she decided not to back down. She was intent on staring back at him. For a while the two just gaped at each other in a competing way.

 

Kagome’s mouth was getting dry so she licked her lips, Inuyasha’s concentration wavered. His eyes began to shift their focus on other parts of her face, her eyebrows, cheeks, jaw… moist lips.

 

Kagome blinked feverously her long eyelashes. Coyly tilting her down, hoping to look cute and tempting.

 

“Did sumthing got yer eye?” Inuyasha asked while nonchalantly picking his nose. He never saw the kettle flying towards his face.

 

 

***

 

 

If there was one thing that surely could NOT fail, it was the love of his life - food.

 

It was already midday. Kagome’s clothes had dried and the Inutachi was yet again on a mission. Kagome didn’t really care what kind of demonic things they were up against this time; all she could think of was their upcoming dinner. She had brought something special along that Kaede had graciously supplied her with. Oysters.

 

The nature’s aphrodisiac. However, they would have to soon stop by to eat since she had no ice to preserve the food in. The oysters would not last long in this temperature. It was as if for once the Gods were on her side since it took not many moments to Shippo to announce that he was feeling hungry. Inuyasha naturally protested, but Kagome quickly overruled him and so they halted under a big tree at sat down to dine. The weather was excellent, warm and not too breezy.

 

Kagome had packed some sandwiches for all of them, but for Inuyasha, she had the special treat.

 

“What the heck is this?” Inuyasha questioned the rock-like gray lump he was provided.

 

Kagome explained that it was delicious sea food, nutritious and healthy. “You crack the shell open with a knife and swallow the meat inside. Try it, please! I brought them especially for you.”

 

Shippo appeared next to them and demanded that he had one oyster, too.

 

“Ah,” Kagome hurried to pry an oyster off Shippo’s hands “it’s not for children. You can have one when you’re older, but now you would probably not like the taste.”

 

Shippo pouted at Kagome, but soon forgot his pique when Kagome offered him a piece of bubblegum.  Shippo ran off and left Inuyasha and Kagome to their selves.

 

Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. He was still a bit suspicious, but had to admit to himself that most of the new food Kagome introduced him to were actually pretty good. So he did as he was told and opened the shell. A small chunk of pale meat floated in gray liquid inside. It smelled like it had gone off, but he wasn’t sure if was actually supposed to. He glanced at Kagome who gestured him to eat it. Inuyasha braced himself and swallowed the thing whole. Since it was so slimy, it went down easily.

 

Kagome waited impatiently. Had it worked? She stared intently at the hanyoo who had not spoken anything and was simply sitting still.

 

Finally Inuyasha got up. He was slightly shivering, trickle of sweat glistened on his face, bangs hiding his eyes from her view. Then he lunged at Kagome’s direction. And straight pass her.

 

He went directly at the nearest bush to puke.

 

Kagome’s fist began to quiver and she crushed an oyster in her hand.

Chapter End Notes:
A/N: Coming up at the final chapter - foot game and an erotic massage!