- Text Size +

Title:  Testing her Luck
Author: SunsetMiko
Genre: Drama, Romance
Rating: G
Word Count: 
499
Character(s): Sesshoumaru, Kagome, a hint of Sango
Summary: Kagome tests her luck with Sesshoumaru, hoping that he will reveal his true intentions.

 

 

Sesshoumaru couldn't believe the nerve of the miko. How dare she dismiss him?! It felt far too much like the rejection he was afraid he would suffer if he were to ask for permission to court her.

 

"You dare turn your back on this Sesshoumaru?" he growled. "I could kill you before you even had time to blink." He knew he was losing his composure, but he couldn't help it. All the stress he'd been under trying to determine how to speak with her had been close to reaching his limit and now, when he came to announce he was joining her traveling party, she chose to ignore him?

 

If things went the way she thought they would, she would soon know if her suspicions were correct. She would know if Sesshoumaru was who the palm reader had told her about. Of course, if he wasn't, she had a good chance of ending up dead, but some part of her was sure she was safe, that it was him. Kagome couldn't keep the smile off her face at the thought. She would never have imagined he would want her, but of all the people it could have been, well, she certainly could have done worse.

 

 Sango  gasped in surprise, shocked by her friend's brazen actions. "Kagome," she hissed. "Do you think it is wise to antagonize Lord Sesshoumaru?"

 

"He won't hurt me," the miko replied. A sudden gust of air ruffled her hair and caused her to close her eyes, and when she opened them once more, the taiyoukai stood before her in all his glory.

 

"You believe yourself to be safe from this Sesshoumaru?"

 

"You won't hurt me, will you?" she asked softly.

 

He was just about to respond, to tell her she was anything but safe and possibly ruin any chance he would have to gain permission to court her, but thankfully the words died before they left his mouth.

 

She'd tilted her head with her last words, exposing her pale throat to his gaze, submitting to him in the way of his kind. How she knew to do so, he had no idea, but it didn't matter. He couldn't resist the offering and Sesshoumaru leaned down, breathing in her scent deeply. He found not even a hint of fear, which only made him want her more. She was brave, even when facing down possible death, proving she was worthy of him.

 

He trailed just the tip of his tongue along her thudding pulse and when she gave no hint of discomfort, he did it again, this time more slowly. He savored the taste of her skin and purred against her throat. He pressed his lips just below her ear, smirking as her breathing sped up.

 

"You won't hurt me, will you, Sesshoumaru?" she repeated, this time in a whisper, as her voice had chosen to abandon her.

 

"Never," he replied, punctuated by one last lick to her pulse point. "I would never hurt what is mine."