- Text Size +

Written for iyfic_contest on LJ.

 

"So, Kagome," Sesshoumaru said stiffly, his nervousness ruining his usually elegant speech. "Would you allow this Sesshoumaru to court you?"

 

The miko grinned. "I'm not sure. I think I need more information before I can make an informed decision."

 

In the background, Sango laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. From his place in a tree overhead, Inuyasha snorted his amusement as well. Miroku simply raised an eyebrow in curiosity while Shippo beamed with pride for his mother-figure. She wasn't overwhelmed by the taiyoukai's power and status and she would not simply bend to his will.

 

"What kind of information do you desire?" Sesshoumaru asked, suddenly uncomfortable with their audience.

 

"I want to know why. I know you want me, that you've been watching me from the distance and plotting how you could get me, but I don't know why. Why me?"

 

The taiyoukai's lips quirked up at the corners and he stepped closer to the female he desired. "There are far too many reasons to list, Kagome. Your strength, your loyalty, your intelligence, your beauty... Your ability to always be positive, to find the best in everyone... Everything about you, Kagome. I love everything about you, and you were correct in your earlier statement."

 

She gave him a confused look and he smiled a genuine smile.

 

"As you told Inuyasha, I am in love with you."

 

Again, the hanyou snorted from his tree, only to find himself hurtling towards the ground at high speed as Kagome murmured one word.