- Text Size +

Chapter 19 - Exasperation

 

This was written for Iy_Fanfiction on LJ's Prompt: Out of Control

 

"Oh, hell no!" Inuyasha yelled. "Him? Your true love?! You must have gone to a stupid palm reader because there's no way in hell Sesshoumaru is your true love."

 

"Don't you think I know that?" Kagome screamed back, feeling completely out of control of the situation. "But it has to be him, unless I have more than one stalker with long hair and unique eyes."

 

"What about Kouga?" Inuyasha asked.

 

"He doesn't sneak around plotting and planning how he'll attain me. He just comes right out and confesses his undying love! Two very different things. Besides, Kouga has blue eyes. That's not exactly unique."

 

"Neither are his!" the hanyou declared. "We have the same eyes."

 

"No, you don't," Kagome said softly. "Yours are different than his. Yours are gold, but his... they're like swirling molten gold. They can be cold or full of heat. He thinks they're empty all the time, but they show more than he knows. Trust me, his eyes are unique."

 

"Wow," Sango said slowly. "You've thought a lot about this, haven't you?"

 

"Every waking moment since I saw the palm reader. It's been making me insane!"

 

Sesshoumaru stayed silent, watching the exchange and soaking in the new information. Not only was he Kagome's true love, which he considered a huge win, but she was obviously attracted to him. Why else would she know so much about his eyes? She had to have been watching him for a while as well, studying him during their short periods of time together. He was disturbed by the fact that she had another suitor, but he knew Kouga and he didn't find him to be much competition. If he had to challenge the wolf for her, he would win.

 

"When did you see this palm reader?" Miroku asked.

 

"Weeks ago, a few days before Sesshoumaru's last attack on Inuyasha, which really is a jerk move, by the way," she said, turning her focus to the taiyoukai. "I am not impressed by your methods in the least. Beating up your only family just to be near me? Really jerk move."

 

"And what were my other options?" Sesshoumaru asked, his irritation obvious.

 

"Umm, walking up and talking to me!"

 

"As if Inuyasha would have allowed such a thing. He would have attacked me to keep me away from you."

 

"So? That doesn't excuse attacking him first!"

 

"You are an infuriating woman," Sesshoumaru growled.

 

"Well, I didn't tell you to fall in love with me!"