- Text Size +

Chapter 25 - Kung Fu Fighting

 

Caelo - to engrave or chase, to carve in bas-belief (Stella's Latin Challenge)

 

Kagome returned from their third date with an odd smile on her face, one which made Sango internally rejoice. Finally, Sesshoumaru had done something right! Though, she was quick to find out, it was anything but.

 

"He's lost his mind," the miko declared as soon as she sat down beside her friend.

 

"Oh, no! It was still bad?"

 

"I spent the entire time sitting in a chair watching him beat the crap out of his soldiers."

 

"What? What kind of date is that?"

 

This time, Inuyasha was unable to hold back his laughter. Sesshoumaru sure had chosen an interesting route to prove that he was a suitable protector!

 

"What are you laughing about?" Kagome asked in irritation, glaring up at the hanyou in the tree above her.

 

"My brother's an idiot. I find it funny," he said defensively. "In fact, I find it fucking hilarious!"

 

"Why is he an idiot? Just because he doesn't know a thing about dating doesn't make him stupid," the miko said, for some reason finding it necessary to defend the demon that disappointed her at every turn.

 

"Never mind," Inuyasha replied, refusing to explain his brother's actions to his miko. She didn't need to know that Sesshoumaru was following his instincts and courting her like she was a demoness. She might pity him then and tell him exactly what she wanted from him. The last thing the hanyou wanted was for her to help the taiyoukai do a better job courting her.

 

Kagome rolled her eyes and returned her focus to Sango. "It was kind of ridiculous," she admitted.

 

"Then why were you smiling?" the slayer inquired, confused by the look the miko had on her face when she returned.

 

"Because he looked damn good doing it. He's an amazing fighter and he went on for so long he got all sweaty and his haori was stuck to his chest and back. He fought them all without any armor at all. He's absolutely delicious, carved like a god" Kagome confessed, blushing at her confession.

 

Mysticus - secret, mystic (Stella's Latin Challenge)

 

Sesshoumaru was torn. He was thrilled that Kagome found his display attractive, but she still hadn't been impressed. That had been his last chance. When he asked for another date, she told him she had to think about it. Now he was in serious trouble. He had no idea what it was she wanted from him but he had to figure it out. What was the secret to pleasing her? Maybe if he got her alone and tried to explain his choices? She wasn't a demoness after all. She was a human. Perhaps if he confessed that he had no idea what he was doing, she would have pity on him and tell him what she desired. He would give her anything she wanted, anything!

 

"So you still like him, even after all the failures?"

 

"I've always liked him," the miko confessed. "Yes, he can be a huge jerk and he is as arrogant as the day is long, but there's something about him that draws me in. Probably the whole fate thing. Even after everything, I still want to get to know him."

 

"Then I think you should give him another chance. Why don't you decide what you should do instead of letting him plan the date? Then you're more likely to get what you want."

 

"That's not a bad idea," the miko said with a small smile. "If I plan the date, he can't screw it up before it's even started."

 

"So, he was sexy fighting?"

 

"His body is incredible. Every muscle is defined. I wanted to trace the muscles of his chest and abdomen. The urge to touch him was so strong it was insane."

 

Sesshoumaru smirked. Kagome was more than welcome to touch him however and whenever she wanted. She should have said something. He would have willingly lain right there on the floor in the dojo and allowed her to explore his body to her heart's content. He was relieved to hear that she intended on giving him another chance. He was fine with her planning their activities. He'd obviously proven himself to be inept at courting a human female.

 

"You do realize he's probably out there somewhere listening to every word you're saying," Inuyasha said with a rather disgruntled look on his face. He didn't enjoy hearing just how physically attracted to Sesshoumaru Kagome was. It was creepy!

 

The miko blushed a brilliant red. "I have got to stop forgetting he's a stalker!" she exclaimed. "Sesshoumaru, if you're out there, you'd better forget every word I just said!"

 

The taiyoukai's smirk turned into a genuine smile. Her embarrassment was adorable and it only made him want her more.