- Text Size +

Chapter 27 - Pick Me Up at Noon

 

This was written for Iy-Fanfiction on LJ's Prompt: Future

 

They had agreed on another date, with Sesshoumaru responsible for choosing the location while Kagome would provide the food. The taiyoukai was eager to taste what she'd cooked for him, knowing that she'd prepared their meal in her time. What did people of the future eat anyway? He was intensely curious. Things about Kagome's time were the only things he'd been unable to learn while stalking her. He couldn't follow her through the well, though he'd tried, and so he knew very little about the other half of her life.

 

He was on his way to pick up the miko by the well where they'd agreed to meet and Sesshoumaru was nervous. He needed to make a good impression this time or all would be for nothing. He doubted Kagome would continue to give him chance after chance if he behaved like a bumbling fool. All he truly knew was that she desired conversation, and so he'd been thinking of things to talk to her about. She wanted to get to know him as he knew her and he was more than willing to give her that.

 

Kagome smiled brightly when the taiyoukai came into sight, making his heart beat a little faster. She was so beautiful when she smiled and he ached to pull her into his arms and kiss her senseless. Still, he knew he could not do such a thing, at least not yet. To do so would only serve to ruin the little bit of good they'd built between them during their last chat.

 

"Sesshoumaru! It's good to see you," she said happily.

 

"You look beautiful," he said without thinking and he watched as the miko blushed.

 

"I don't look any different than I usually do," she replied in confusion, flattered all the same.

 

"You are always beautiful," Sesshoumaru explained. "Are you ready?" When she nodded, the taiyoukai offered his arm to the miko and she took it, allowing him to lead her away. He hoped she would like the location he'd chosen for their date. It hadn't been easy to find the perfect place.