- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.

 

A Moment’s Hesitation by SunsetMiko [Drabble #107]- Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal

 

Theme: tremor
Genre: General
Rating: PG
Warnings: mild Inuyasha language
Word Count: 300
Summary: The group comes across Sesshoumaru… or did he seek them out?

 

 

Sesshoumaru watched the small troop of fighters standing on the other side of the clearing, each with weapons drawn, ready to attack him at any moment. He found their willingness to allow his approach telling. They did not see him as an enemy, not entirely.

 

Either that or they were complete idiots and he knew that not all of them were.

 

She wasn’t. She was educated in things far beyond his own understanding, a fact that irked him to no end. Still, she chose to stand with them, to follow the half-breed no matter how many times the fool had led her into danger or left her vulnerable. Her unshakable loyalty only irked him more.

 

Inuyasha’s gruff voice drew his attention back to his current adversary. “What the fuck do you want, you bastard?!”

 

“Eloquent as always, little brother. I see you managed to escape Naraku’s clutches once more. This Sesshoumaru is amazed by the amount of luck you possess.”

 

“Luck ain’t got nothin’ to do with it! I kicked his ass just like I can kick yours!” With that said and without a second thought, Inuyasha barreled towards the taiyoukai full speed, more than ready to prove it.

 

With barely a flick of his wrist, the hanyou went flying backwards and slammed into a tree… hard… before crumbling into unconsciousness.

 

Sesshoumaru stalked towards his fool of a brother, stopping at the sound of her voice.

 

“Leave him alone, Sesshoumaru!”

 

The taiyoukai turned and studied her, arrow notched and string pulled taut. Something was different about her. Her hands shook slightly with the strain. She had never hesitated shooting at him before but now she held back. He lifted a brow at her in question before turning and walking away. Something had definitely changed and he would find out what.