- Text Size +

Curiosity ~ Chapter 26 ~ "Eenie, Meanie, Minie, Moe"

*Thirty minutes ago ~ With the Inu-tachi*

To say that things hadn't changed that much in the last five hundred years would have been considered a lie in the eyes of the monk, slayer, neko, and kitsune that were currently flying through the air following an inu-hanyou carrying a three year old.

Of course they had known that things would be different, but they didn't expect Kagome's village to be THIS different. Kagome had told them a few of the many marvels of her time but to actually be here seeing them with your own eyes gave the four friends a whole new light as to the things she had described.

Never had they seen, scratch that, IMAGINE buildings being so tall and ominous looking. How long had it taken for the people of this village to build such a thing? Even the roads were strange here. Gone was the dirt and rocks of their world and in its place was some sort of strange blackness that to them looked almost like a river winding in and around the buildings. How wasn't that the cars were able to drive on it instead of sink? (Kagome told them about cars)

But now isn't the time to worry about how things in this era worked. Now was the time to find Kagome and Kaede before something awful happened to them?

"Inuyasha! How much farther until we reach this place that your young passenger thinks Kagome is at?" Miroku questioned.

"Should be in a few minutes monk! Damn you three seem to be in a damn rush!"

"Do you blame us Inuyasha? Kikyo must have something big up her sleeve if she felt the need to practically kidnap Kagome and Kaede to a different time entirely. And we can tell from your pace that you are worried as well!" Sango answered back.

They could tell that Inuyasha was yelling a retort back at them but none could hear him over the whirring sound of the giant bird-like thing flying overhead.

"Demon!" Shippo screamed before crawling into the confines of Miroku's kimono.

Sango already had her hiraikotsu poised and ready to defend Kirara's passengers when a clawed hand latched on to her arm to stop her as the strange thing flew over them. She was surprised that the "bird demon" paid the group no mind and just kept on going.

"That thing ain't a demon Sango. Kagome explained it once, it's something called an 'oreo-plain' that humans can board and ride to different places including various continents in a matter of hours instead of days." Inuyasha explained them.

"You mean Kagome's people are so advanced that they've actually figured out a way to travel by air instead of boat?" Asked the wide eyed monk.

"Keh, course they have bouzo. But we don't have time for this we gotta find Kagome!"

Once again the group began to travel towards this place that Kagome was supposedly at along with Kaede but it took them a lot longer than they had expected. Neither woman was at this "WacDonald's" place so they began to search aimlessly through the humongous village. Strangely enough, they found two other identical places also deemed "WacDonald's" but the group ended with the same results.

When they stopped on the roof of the third one, all could tell that Inuyasha was on his last nerve.

"How many of these f***ing places does Kagome's village need?" He bellowed to the world.

"I don't know Inuyasha but if it continues like this I fear that we won't find Kagome before something happens to her." Spoke Miroku.

Inuyasha was about to retort when he felt that insistent tugging at his pant leg again. Turning and tilting his head to stare at the small child before him, he noticed her holding a familiar rectangular red-colored device.

"Ya-ya call Gooey!" Suki grinned happily as she shoved the cell phone Mrs. Higurashi had gotten Inuyasha into his hand before prancing off to the side to have a play break with Shippo and Kirara.

"Guess this is our best option to finding out where the wench is."

Without further or due, while ignoring the stares from the others, he flipped open the cell phone and pressed he button he knew would ring right into Kagome's phone.

*Current Time ~ Still at WacDonald's after school*

"What is it? What's wrong Kagome?" The three girls asked in unison, but their question wasn't answered. The laugh that Kagome had tried so hard to hold in suddenly came spilling forth.

"Exactly what is so funny girl?" Kikyo asked coldly.

Kagome answered after finally catching her breath.

"Know how I told Inuyasha to send me a picture of where he was? Well, he did... He sent me a picture of his feet!"

"Seriously? Let me see!" Yuka plucked the phone from Kagome's hand and shared it with Eri and Ayumi who in turn began laughing as well.

"Guys, give me that back. I've got to call him so I can find out where he actually is."

Quickly dialing the number, Kagome held the phone to her ear and waited for the insufferable hanyou to answer his phone.

"You gonna tell me how the hell I can get to you now wench?" Answered the insufferable hanyou.

"Inuyasha, how do you expect me give you directions from where you are to me if you send me a photo of your feet?"

"Well that's where I am stupid!"

"Inuyasha I didn't mean exactly where you were standing, I meant I wanted a picture of one of the buildings that is around you. How about this, where are you at right now?"

"Keh, on a flat roof of one of your weird huts."

A sigh escaped the miko then as she tried to reign in her rising anger.

"Ok Inuyasha, now if you are facing a building I want you to describe to me exactly how it looks and I will try to give you directions."

Silence came over the phone for a few moments as the hanyou took in the structure before him, wondering how he would describe some of the things he saw upon it that he didn't know the name of.

"It's tall…"

Kagome giggled, "Wow that about narrows it down to almost half the buildings in Tokyo."

A growl was issued forth from the hanyou, "You didn't let me finish wench! It's got those weird square red colored rocks all up the side of it." (Bricks)

"Mm-hm, and what else is there?" Kagome asked as she aimlessly stared out the window and into the window of the toy store that caught her eye across the street, which she noticed was also covered in bricks.

"The thing has got a bright yellow sign with a bunch of kids playin' on it."

The young miko became silent as she took in the looks of the toy store across the street, finding it odd that the things that Inuyasha described were exactly what were on the front of the store.

"No, it couldn't be. It's only a coincidence! But knowing on him…"

"Oi wench you still there?"

Clearing her throat she answered him back. "I'm still here. Inuyasha, does the building you're looking at have a giant teddy bear setting in the front window?"

By now the other women had caught on to what was happening between the two friends over the phone and started quietly giggling, (yes, even Kikyo) all of them knowing how dense Inuyasha could be at times.

"Yeah it does but how did you know?" They heard Inuyasha say over the line.

"God I can't believe this!" Kagome thought as she told Inuyasha to hang on before she made her way out of the restaurant and to her car where she gazed up to the edge of the roof.

"Inuyasha, I want you to walk towards the building you were telling me about and stop at the edge of the roof."

She waited silently as she watched said hanyou make his way to the edge of WacDonald's roof and stop.

"Now look down." She spoke as he tilted his head to look directly at her. His annoyed face soon turned into to one of shock as he got a look at her dirty blonde hair and broken arm.

"What the hell happened to you wench?" He yelled over the phone.

Her soft giggle entered his ears as he watched her turn to unlock that rusted piece of metal she called a car.

"Well, you can thank my brother for my hair and as far as my arm goes… I'll explain what happened later, but now you need to come put the Tessaiga in my car so I can go back inside and finish eating. And you better do it because you know people don't carry around weapons like they used to."

Kagome heard the phone line go dead just as she got her car opened up. With great difficulty she was able to get the bottom of the backseat pulled up so she could hide the famous sword. Right after she got it moved the sword was thrust out in front of her while she was still bent over in the car.

"Wow Inuyasha, you sure are being compliant today. I usually have to 's-i-t' you to get you to leave Tessaiga someplace while you are here."

As usual, she rambled on about a couple other things while she began replacing the seat before she realized something was off. It sure seemed like there were an awful lot of items passed to her to hide. Thinking this odd, she peeked under the seat one last time and noticed there were a few to many items hidden underneath.

"What in the world is Inuyasha doing with Miroku's staff and Shippo's spinning tops?" She wondered.

"Alright Inuyasha what… Whoa!" She said surprised when she turned around to not only see Inuyasha but Suki and the rest of her Feudal friends as well, which was a shock in and of itself.

Ever so slowly, thinking that someone (or something) was possessing her beloved "sister", Sango walked up to Kagome and touched a few locks of her once raven hair with her fingers.

"Kagome, what happened to you?"

Chapter End Notes:

A/N ~ I know, I know, this is pretty much filler but it is the best I can do for right now. I will try to make the next chapter longer, but with everything that has been going on around my house (specifically me having to pick up most of the extra work) I've REALLY been pressed for time.

Also, I got a Livestream account. If you Google "Daphne Doo's Doodles" it should pop right up for you.

Once again, I am sorry for not keeping with my schedule for updating BUT PLEASE STAY WITH ME! I PROMINSE NOT TO LAVE THE STORY HANGIN!

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED (I'll be expecting a few for this chapter) XD

PROUD TO BE A KAEDE/GRAMPS SUPPORTER!