- Text Size +

Curiosity – Chapter 31 – "Let's Get Ready To Rumble"


The growls coming from the two underneath the bows of the Sacred Tree only intensified with time. Already all of the humans and demons that were staying under the Higurashi roof were out in the courtyard; some preparing to intervene during the battle if necessary while the others, whom had never seen a fight of this magnitude before, stood near what they had considered would be the sidelines.

The Higurashi's – minus Kagome – were amazed at how each of the shard hunters positioned themselves in a semi-circle around the growling pair; it showed just how much they were in sync with each other. Each of them had their weapon poised and ready for action at any given moment. Even Kagome had abandoned her school bag and accepted the bow and quiver offered by Kaede before placing herself between the commencing fight and her family.

One thing was definite in Kagome's mind; it didn't matter how injured she was, so long as the people she loved were safe she would take on any and all pain if it meant that they would come out unscathed.

Sounds of a body colliding with the ground brought everyone's attention back to the two growling inu's; both readying their claws for what was sure to be a bloodbath.

It had been so long since any of the group had seen Inuyasha this angry, it had certainly shocked Kikyo. Never had she seen such menacing looks upon his face before. Was this his true anger coming forth from him?

And what was the deal with the faint stripes beginning to adorn his cheeks?

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The irate hanyou yelled out.

A single hard slap was his only answer, sending him straight into the shrine's stone walkway again.

Snarling in retort, Inuyasha quickly brought himself to his feet and began to draw his Tessaiga again; only to be shoved in the side once again which sent his sword flying and caused him to meet his newest buddy – Mr. Stone.

"How dare you dishonor your sire by pulling out his own sword on him." A kick to the ribs followed in the voices wake.

Anger filled honey colored eyes glared into those that so matched his own as he quickly bounced up and began the first of many attacks with his claws. He didn't even get close enough to strike before the person disappeared only to find himself being hurled into the Sacred Tree moments later.


Izayoi looked on, her eyes filled with terror. He couldn't get hurt – no, scratch that – neither of them could get hurt. She loved both of them to pieces and if something happened to either one of them her heart would break in so many tiny bits that no one would ever be able to put her back together.

Steeling her resolve, the former Lady of the Western Lands began to make her way to the center of the fight, intent on having the two dueling youkai talk it out instead of using their fists… err.. claws.

It was too bad that she never made it that far. The young monk, his name escaped her at the moment, had stopped her.

"My Lady, if you truly are Inuyasha's mother then you must stay back. It would kill him inside if any harm were to come to you after he has just gained you back."

No reasoning was going to stop her and she began to struggle against the grip he had upon her arm.

"Please stop this! Inuyasha has every right to doubt me after the stories I've been told today!" She just hoped that pleading with them would work. She couldn't stand to see her only child covered in wounds after all the torment he went through as a child.

"The whelp has to be justly punished. He has attempted to draw the Tessaiga against his own sire, the one who had it forged from his own fang, and for this he must suffer."


What the hell was wrong with him? He hadn't fought this badly since that time he sent Kagome back to her era and stuffed the well with a tree.

Was the fact that his mother was back distracting him that badly?

Ugh, another set of claw marks adorned his battered and bruised body. Why couldn't he fight?

Inuyasha barely dodged another blow before finally blanking out his entire mind. He needed to focus on the fight at hand and not whether or not the woman standing not ten feet away was truly his mother come back to him.

It was time to bring out the big guns.


Only one of the many standing in the courtyard of the Sunset Shrine noticed the large female white dog still on the premises. But didn't she follow little Suki home with her pups?

And just what was she still doing here?

He watched the worry that was etched in her furry face, she looked almost human like from the expression that rest upon her muzzle. What was she thinking about? Was she going to join the fight or stay off to the side?

No, he could see it now; see exactly what she was going to do just from her pose.

Not a moment later did a long howl enter the air followed by two others, each sounding more urgent than the last, but there was only one thing he couldn't put his finger on.

Exactly who was Tinkerbell howling for?

Chapter End Notes:

A/N – Total word count – 925

Yes, I know a short one AND THREE cliffies on top of that! Ha ha ha ~ I am truly evil!

Geez, I bet you guys are just DYING to know who Inuyasha is fighting with, what he has planned, and what Tinkerbell has got up that furry little sleeve of hers… but…

I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU! *evil laughter*

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED!