- Text Size +

Even now, Kagome can easily remember the day they were both first born. It was a hot summer day, she could feel the sweat sliding down her back between her shoulder blades as shewalked back from Miroku and Sango's house, just a little ways away from her own. She was carrying back home a book Miroku lent her, balancing it on her swollen belly as she walked, but suddenly it slipped, and as she bent down to pick it up, her water broke. At first she couldn't believe it, she just stood there, frozen on the ground where she stood, and the second it hit her, she was screaming at the top of her lungs, "Inuyahsa!!!!!!"

He came of course, with one glance he was able to tell what the matter at hand was, and swiftly picked her up and ran them back to their own home. After tucking her into their shared futon, he left, showing up five minutes later with Sango in his arms saying to her, "Help her," as he set Sango down in front of his wife. It was time, and he was completely on edge, he had no idea what to do with himself, Kagome was in pain, and he could do notihng but wait for it to end. He couldn't draw his sword out at the perpitrator as he normally did, because this time it was his own child.

Inuaysha rushed around the house doing what Sango instructed him to do unitl Kaede and Rin showed up and shooed him outsode to wait with Miroku and Shippo. Pacing back in forth in front of his house, Inuyahsa waited, hours on end as the birthing process took it's time. Night had finally fallen when Inuaysha heard the cry of not only one child, but two. Before anyone could invite him in, Inuaysha was in the house, by Kagome's side, looking her over before he could even pay his children the slightest bit of attention, he needed to be sure she was okay first. Kagome smiled him a hello, and still somehow managed to look beautiful with bags under her eyes and her skin flushed. "We have twins," she said to him.

"Twins? Two babies?" Inuaysha said with uncertainity. 

"Yes," Kaede said, offering one of the babes to Inuyahsa, "Ye have twins. Two beautiful baby girls."

"Girls? Two?" Inuaysha repeated like a parrot, dumbfounded as he took the tiny, swaddled child in his arms, careful not to sratch her with his claws. He peered into the face of the girl as she waved her tiny little fists at him, and with surprise, he saw that at the ends of her fingers, she had delicate, almost transparent little claws. he raised the gril closer to him, shifted her so he had a better grip on her, Kagome would kill him if he dropped one of the pups so soon. But as he did so, the hood of the blanket slipped off of her head an on her head he saw she had sliver ears just like his own. "She-" he looked up to his wife, speechless as she showed him that the other babe too ahd claws and ears, though hers were black as ebony.  

"What are you guys going to name them?" Sango asked the couple.

Kagome smiled and turned to her husband,"You name one and I'll name one, okay Inuaysha?" 

He nodded in agreement and said, "This on is Kaya."

"Pure?" Kaede said, then nodded, "That is a good name for the child of this one," she pointed to Kagome, "and what of the other one, hmm, Kagome?"

"She is Chiyo," Kagome smiled.

Now she watched as her daughters, teenagers now, only three years younger than she was when she had them. Kaya favored a dark green kimono with a short skirt, while her sister, Chiyo favored a kimono of pure white that she never let stay dirty for too long. THe girls learned all the basics from their father and mother of fighting, Kaya favoring a short sword and Chiyo favoring arrows, truly they were their parents' children. However, their tastes did abberate from their parents in some ways or another, for example, Chiyo, though quick to draw and arrow, she perferred to throw thin, tiny knives that she hid in the folds of her kimono, while Kaya learned how to heal exceptionally well. ANd as the two girls grew older, Kagome saw more and more assertation of their independence in the two of them. She knew that in the times she lived in, and raised her girls in, they were considered adults already, and of the age to marry. She knew they would leave her side soon, and she was right.

Kaya couldn't stop fidgeting, and biting her lip, even thuogh she knew the threat that her extra sharp canine theeth held. But she couldn't help it, she was going crazy, she loved Ma and Papa, but she wanted to go away, see the world, and meet new people besides the ones she saw every day in the village. Even though she knew what she wanted, she was nervous on how she and Chiyo woud get it. It wasn't as if they would do anything extreme, such as run off without telling their parents, they just intended to tell them that the two of them were leaving. But Papa had a temper, and Ma, even though she was reasonable, she had a deadlier temper than Papa. So oyu can understand why Kaya couldn't help but fidget as Chiyo began to tell their parents.

"Ma, Papa, me and Kaya are planning to leave. We are old enough now, and we intend to explore the world," Chiyo said simply.

Inuaysha looked at his daughter with wide eyes as she said this, then looked at Kagome, and then back at his daughter, "You wanna leave?"

"Not permentately, we'll be back every once and awhile to visit, Daddy," Chiyo said, amping up the sweetness in her voice and softening her eyes. 

Kagome turned to her youngest daughter, "Kaya, is this what you want?"

Kaya looked up at her mother, "Y-yes Ma, i do want this."

"Well then fine," Kagome smiled brightly, "We'll have to start getting the two of you ready, shouldn't we? Now you two are both going to need little bags to put food and such in, hmm..I wonder what happned to those bags i made that one summer..."

"You mean we can go?!" Kaya exclaimed, she was all prepared for the worst, and was surprised to see that all of her anticipation had gone to waste. 

"You mean they can just go?" Inuayasha exclaimed as well, surprised that his mate was letting go of their girls so easily, their pups who were just tiny and squirmy just the other day, but now was grown and tall.

"Yes, you can," Kagome said calmly, "Now go off to Sango's house and ask her if she's seen those bags i made awhile back, i know they're around somewhere..."

The two girls nodded and ran off, Kaya tripping a little as she left the house. As Kagome watched them leave Inuaysha said, again, "Are you really letting them go?"

"Yes," she nodded, "They're older than me when i first met you, and besides, we can always drop in on them and see how they're doing, can't we?"

Inuyahsa scooted closer to his wife, "I guess...do you think they'll be alright?"

"I hope so, and I pity the fool that harms our girls, beacuse they'll have to deal with us, right?" she smiled at her husband.

He twicthed his nose, "Yeah..." he admitted relunctantly.