- Text Size +

I do not own Inuyasha and I make no money from these stories.

 

1 - The Scrapbook - Indigo

 

Sitting on his bed all alone in his room was a boy that was not quite yet a man. He heaved a sigh and unwrapped the box she'd left for him. A small smile spread across his face but it wasn't enough to offset the sadness already there. Only Kagome would give a guy a scrapbook for his eighteenth birthday. His fingers traced the letters on the cover, ‘Kagome + Miroku'  embossed in an indigo that reminded him of her uniquely colored eyes. ‘Friends Forever' was done in smaller silver letters below and he let out a small, weak chuckle at the way she'd arranged the stars on the cover to spell out their initials. It was cute and he knew that she made it with her own two hands which made it perfect.

 

She never was one for store bought gifts, said they were impersonal. She always gave something she made. One year at Christmas she'd given everyone scarves she'd spent the previous three months knitting, and each and every one was made specifically for that person using their favorite colors. She was right too. Receiving a gift that you knew she spent a lot of time working on really conveyed just how much she cared. She poured her love into everything she did.

 

He slowly opened the cover and smiled a genuine smile this time when he saw the first page. ‘She was such an adorable little girl,' he thought to himself. ‘Of course she's still adorable now.' The whole first page of the scrapbook was dedicated to pictures of the two of them as toddlers. He especially liked the one where they were sitting side by side in the sandbox, Kagome holding a bucket and dumping sand in his lap. His legs were already completely buried and from the devilish glint in her eyes she had every intention of burying him completely.

 

They'd known each other for ages, since they were both in diapers. He was her best friend but she was his whole world. She knew he loved her, just not to what extent. He might as well have been another girl with the way she looked at him. She saw Miroku, her lifelong best friend, but what she didn't see was the guy that loved her with his whole heart and soul. When he looked at her he saw Kagome, his best friend and the only girl he would ever love.

 

Miroku turned the page carefully, wanting to make sure this anthology of their lives lasted forever. ‘If only I could get her to go for this one again,' he said with a wry smile. The children in the picture couldn't be more than four years old...