- Text Size +

I do not own Inuyasha and I make no money from these stories.

 

3 - New Friends - Turquoise

 

He turned the page again and saw just that time, when they'd started Kindergarten and Kagome, his Kagome, met and made friends with new people.

 

There were the pictures their mothers had taken on the first day of school, the two standing together, nervous but ready to face whatever was to come. So long as they had each other, they both knew they would be fine. Then there was the picture of their whole class the school had taken for the yearbook that their parents had the option to buy. That day had to be the hardest day of the whole year for him.

 

 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

 

 

"But I want to stand next to Kagome!" a five year old Miroku whined.

 

"I know you do," the teacher said in a soothing voice while trying to get twenty squirming five year olds to stand in front of the turquoise background. "But we're arranging you by size and she needs to be in the front row. You can stand behind her though."

 

"I don't wanna stand behind her!"

 

Kagome, who was flanked on both sides by other little girls, the little girls that in his mind were the enemy, ran over to where he stood fighting with their teacher with a smile on her face. "Roku! You can stand right behind me! That way you're just as close as if you were next to me, but in the picture it'll look even closer because your head will be over my shoulder!"

 

The teacher smiled and let out a sigh of relief as she saw that the situation was resolving itself. "That's perfect Miroku. It will look like your looking over her, just like you always do."

 

He frowned a bit in disappointment at not getting his way, but if Kagome wanted it that way then he would stand behind her.

 

 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

 

 

She'd known that it was still bothering him though. She could always read him like a book. In the picture he was standing behind her as promised, but at the last second she'd reached her hand back and took hold of his own. The photographer didn't see it and by the time someone noticed it on the prints it was too late to retake it, so in their first class photo they were holding hands and they both had bright smiles on their faces, truly happy. Sure, Sango and Ayame were standing next to her, but he still had one better.

 

Sango, Ayame, and Kagome had made friends just about instantly on their first day and the two girls didn't understand why Kagome wanted to play with a boy. In their little girl opinions, girls played with girls and boys played with boys, but Kagome disagreed and after a while they'd found a way to all get along. He'd made new friends then too, Hiten and Manten, twins who didn't mind that he played with a girl. They had a younger sister, Souten, so they were used to having girls around.

 

There were pictures of their small groups, one of all the girls and one of all the boys, and then there was one of all six of them. Once they'd decided to all be friends they were nearly inseparable, though he and Kagome still spent the most time together.