- Text Size +
Chapter 7
The day had finally come for Kagome to start back to school and if it were up to her, she would have delayed it even longer. The only read comfort was that her little brother would be there too, but he was only a freshman, whereas she would be picking up in the senior class…mid-semester. “Well…might as well get this day over-with.” She whispered to herself. After taking a few deep breaths, she put one foot in front of the other while unconsciously walked into the building, and into the main office.
“Uh…my name is Kagome Higurashi. I’m here to pick up my schedule.”
The middle-aged, white haired woman looked her up and down before taking the forms Kagome was handing to her. The name plate on the desk read Tsubaki-Secretary, but nothing about this woman seemed very inviting; at least, not in Kagome’s opinion. “You’re the late add-on student, correct?”
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows, “I-I guess you can put it like that…”
Tsubaki nodded and put a stamp on the forms she was previously given and typed some things into the computer in front of her. She didn’t do much speaking, and the silence of the office made Kagome feel a bit uncomfortable. All that could be heard throughout the room was the typing of Tsubaki’s fingers and the ticking of the small clock that sat on her desk. “You are to be placed back into the honors program, according to these test results.” Tsubaki spoke up and the printer stated spitting out some papers. “You’ll be taking an introductory pre-med course at the community college so you are free to leave early on Thursdays for that class. Here’s your schedule and locker combination, we’re in the middle of first period. You have the option of going to the class, or waiting in study hall until second period.”
Kagome took it and looked it over, she grunted at the work load she taking up and sometimes wondered why she had to be so academically gifted. Not that it was a bad thing; it just got in the way of life sometimes. “Thanks ma’am.” She answered and exited the office.
The secretary watched as Kagome left the office and shook her head, “I can’t believe that girl had a baby, dropped out, and still manage to come out on top. Some people are lucky I guess.”
Deciding to not go to her first period class or the study hall room , Kagome hung out in the hallway with her face glued to the inside of her locker. Surprisingly, it was the same one she had from before she left, so to her it was a small piece of home which made this transition a bit more comforting.
Though, not much time later did it take for the bell to ring and the halls instantly filled with students of all grade levels. Much to Kagome’s surprise, none of them noticed that she was there. Or, she couldn’t tell that they noticed. Everyone seemed to have walked past her as if she wasn’t there which was kind of what Kagome wanted.
“Hey sis!” The voice of Kagome’s younger brother floated into her ears.
“Oh, hi Souta. What’s up?” She answered while walking paralleled with her brother in rout to her second period class.
“How’s your morning so far?”
Kagome shrugged her shoulders, “Not too bad, I only got here about twenty minutes ago and just hung out in the hallway. I suppose I can’t avoid class forever though.”
“And my niece?” He chided.
“She’s fine. Ira is going to be with Rin all day while I’m at school. Inuyasha is supposed to pick her up after he finishes at the office. But, when school lets out, I have to jet to the diner for my evening shift.”
Souta nodded and wrapped put an arm around his sisters shoulder, “I’m proud to call you my sister, you know that?”
Kagome raised an eyebrow and chuckled, “Where did that come from?”
“I just thought you should know.” He replied and walked a few feet away from her toward his classroom. “Good luck today, and don’t worry about what people may think. Your pregnancy is old news around these halls.” She smiled at her brother and appreciated his attempt to ease her nerves. It helped, but not by much. The anxiety quickly returned as she approached her second period calculus class.
She took a deep breath, “Don’t be a coward…”
-X-
It had been quite a few days since Inuyasha began the attempt to rekindle his fire with Kagome. Still, he knew there were some drawbacks to his actions. The most important one being that he was first and for most a married man. However, if it weren’t for the fact that he and Kagome were doing it practically every time they saw each other, he might have actually cared a little more about his infidelity.
“Inuyasha…?”
He looked up and saw Kikyo standing in the doorway to his office. “What is it, Kikyo?” He asked calmly.
She walked to his desk and sat down in the seat across from him with a sad looking expression on her face. “We need to talk…”
“Okay, what about?”
“About why it is that you are spending more and more time with that girl, and less time away from me? You’ve gone from staying out late, to not coming home at all every few days. I don’t like this!”
Inuyasha raise an eyebrow at her, “You came all the way to my office to tell me that?”
Kikyo’s face fell, “Well I would have said something at home, but you aren’t there anymore; and when you are…you lock yourself in your room!” She reached over and placed her hand on his, “I know you’re trying to be a good dad and all, but what about me?” Kikyo poked her bottom lip out.
“Uh…” He felt a bit uncomfortable starring into Kikyo’s puppy dog pout. “What about you?”
“What happened to trying to work on our marriage? And the thoughts on working towards our family?”
His eyes widened at Kikyo statement. “I, uh…have been really busy with a lot of things. I’m sorry for not paying much attention to you. What can I do to make it up to you?”
“Less time with her and more with me?” Kikyo said with a devilishly-angelic smile on her face.
Inuyasha sighed, “Fine…I can do that.” He agreed, consciously he knew that owed her that much for the way he had been cheating on her.
Kikyo stood up and walked behind Inuyasha’s desk. She leaned over his big chair from behind and wrapped her arms around him. “I’ve really missed your touch since the last time-” She whispered into his ear. “I would like to take that to the next step…” She placed a few butterfly kisses on his cheek and ear lobe.
Without realizing it, Inuyasha’s pulse quickened and his face heated up. He wasn’t even sure why Kikyo was making him flustered because it wasn’t like he ever welcomed her company in the past; other than the one night when she kissed him. But at the moment, she was practically throwing herself at him and…he was a man after all. “We can…but not here, and not right now.”
That clearly wasn’t the answer that Kikyo was trying to hear, so she decided to unbutton the first few buttons of Inuyasha’s crisp, white work shit. “Aww, why not? It’s just the two of us-” Her words flew seductively into his ears, and the heat of her breath sent chills down his spine. “We can do whatever we want.”
“No, w-we really can’t-” He answered, and suddenly an alarm went off on his phone alerting him that he needed to pick Ira up from the sitter in a bit. “Look, I have to finish some things up and then I need to pick up my daughter.”
Kikyo rolled her eyes and walked away from him with an irritated look on her face, “Ugh, you mean the little girl that you are assuming is your daughter!?”
“You are not going to start this again are you?” Inuyasha grew tired of this argument from the first time they had it.
“I have the right to when I know that you are being played like a fool!”
“What are you talking about?”
Kikyo sifted through her huge tote purse and pulled out a large brown envelope and slapped it on his desk. “Since you wouldn’t do it, I went and had a test done myself! You can read the results at your own digression…that is, if you are willing to open your eyes about the truth.” She said and swiftly exited the office.
Inuyasha was left feeling a bit skeptical, and stared blankly at the suspicious looking envelope that Kikyo had left sitting on his desk. He knew what type of test she was speaking of, but did she really go to the extent of having something like that done without his permission? Would it matter to his after he opened the envelope and read what was inside? Should he do it? Inuyasha knew in his mind that he trusted Kagome, but…they hadn’t exactly been on the same level about anything since they reconnected. What if she really had been lying to him this whole time? It didn’t seem like something she of all people would do.
“But…then again?” He took a deep breath and shook the negative thoughts from his head. He knew that she wouldn’t have lied to him about something as important as this. Still, here he was, all alone with an envelope that would answer all those questions that were rapidly racing through his mind. ‘I’ll just read it to put my mind at ease…’ he thought to himself and picked up the big, brown paper holder.
Slowly, he peeled the seal back and slid the pages out from inside it. As he read the words in front of him, his eyes widened and he could feel a small piece of his heart beginning to break. “No way…”
-X-
The day flew by quickly for Kagome and to her surprise she had a pretty decent day. It felt good to be a student again, everything was just as it was before. Well, despite the fact that no one really talked to her, other than her brother. But, Kagome just assumed that it was because she never really made herself approachable. She wasn’t exactly new because other than the new freshman class that her brother was in, everyone had at least seen her once. But, since she didn’t want to make herself the object of attention, she isolated herself from the other students…even her old friends.
Soon though, the school day was over and Kagome found herself sitting at a table in the diner she worked at trying to get her homework done before her shift started the next hour. She hadn’t even realized that her good coworker, Ayame had sat down across from her.
“My, these are from pretty advanced textbooks, Kagome…” Ayame said, semi-breaking Kagome’s concentration.
Without raising her head from her work, Kagome nodded and kept writing. “It’s not super hard…” She replied.
Ayame picked up a big math textbook, and flipped to a random page, “Little Johnny had seven apples and gave three of them to little Annie…calculate the distance from the earth to the moon!”
“238,900 miles…” Kagome raised her head and starred at Ayame with a highly annoyed expression, “What do you want? I’m trying to finish this before I have to start working.”
“Nothing,” She chuckled, “I’m just trying to check up on you. I’ve noticed that you seem a little more, happier these past few days. Is there anything I should know about…or anyone?”
“No, not really…” Kagome replied after a dramatic pause and went right back to doing her assignments.
“Oh please, Kagome…I know you have been seeing a guy. It’s written all over your face, plus you are a lot more relaxed than you usually are.”
Kagome groaned and laid her pen down finally giving Ayame her full attention. “You’re being strangely cryptic as you so eloquently imply that I’m sleeping with a guy.”
“So it’s true!?” Ayame bellowed, “Who is it? Is it the brown haired guy you were in here with a few weeks ago?”
“…brown haired guy?” She whispered to herself, “Oh, you mean Hojo? No, it’s not him.”
“Then who are you dating?”
Kagome let out a soft sigh, “No one…not really. I mean, it’s complicated. I’m not dating him exactly. We did in the past, but-”*ring ring* her phone went off, and she held up her index finger to Ayame, “Hello, Rin…what’s wrong? He didn’t…? She is…? No…I haven’t talked to him all day. Alright, yes…I’ll take care of it.” She hung up and looked at her black screen quizzically.
“Is everything alright, Kagome?”
“No…” She replied, while vigorously dialing another number and holding the phone to her ear. It rang, and rang…and rang, but there was no answer. “Inuyasha…” She mumbled under her breath.
Ayame could see the worried look on Kagome’s face, “What’s going on?”
“I’m going to have to miss my shift…” She said and let out an exhausted sigh. “Do you mind working a double to cover me? I promise I’ll make it up to you?” Kagome started packing all her books away.
“Kagome, I won’t do it if you don’t pause for a second and tell me what just happened!”
“Ira was never picked up by her dad from Rin’s. I just tried to call him and he didn’t answer. I don’t know where he is, or why its two hours after Ira should have been picked up and she hasn’t been. But either way, I have to go and get her because Rin has plans for the evening. If I can get Souta to come to my house and watch her, I’ll be back…but I’m not sure if I can make that happen as of just yet.” Kagome finished her monologue in one big breath.
Ayame stopped her again, “W-wait…since when have you and Ira’s dad been on good terms? Is he the guy that has your head all in the clouds?”
“No…yes, ugh…it’s complicated! I can’t really explain what we are at the moment. However, that doesn’t change the fact that I have to go and pick up my daughter from Rin’s.”
“Alright, I’ll cover you.” Ayame nodded and watched the determined young woman exit the little diner.
One bus ride and seven walking blocks later, Kagome was at the front door of her baby sitter’s house. She must have tried to call Inuyasha twelve times since she left the diner. For the life of her, she couldn’t figure why he wasn’t picking up the phone. She made a mental note to ream him a new set of ears for the irresponsibility of forgetting about Ira. This was very unlike him though, he’d never forgotten about her before and Kagome tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that this was an honest mistake. But, not answering several phone calls was on a whole different level, because the way Kagome saw it was that this could have been a life threatening emergency.
Kagome knocked loudly on the door three times and waited for it to open. During her trip she contemplated what she was going to be able to do in order to not miss a whole days pay. She talked to Souta, he can’t babysit tonight. Her mother wasn’t home, and her grandfather won’t even look at Ira. What was an eighteen year old mother to do? After a few moments of waiting, she was met face to face with a fancily-dressed Rin, who was putting on an earring while meeting Kagome at the door. “Hey, Rin. I’m sorry about Ira not being picked up when she was supposed to. How much do I owe you for this?”
Rin stood to the side, inviting Kagome inside and lead her to the living room of her small house. “Don’t worry about it I know you work hard, plus I love having her here…honestly! You know that, and if it weren’t for the fact that I had plans tonight I would have kept her until you got off work. I’m sorry you have to miss your shift.”
“It’s not your fault, so don’t apologize.” Kagome answered and followed her sitter into the living room where she was met with an older man, maybe in his early thirties was sitting on the couch playing with Ira. She wasn’t alarmed by the stranger holder her child because if Rin trusted him, he was fine. However, something about him seemed oddly familiar; like, she had seen him before. But Kagome knew that she and this older gentleman had never met.
“Sessy, you’ve got to give up the baby. Her mother is here to take her home now.” Rin said sweetly as she started putting on her own coat preparing to leave right after Kagome and Ira did.
“I’m sorry you had to wait around on my behalf.” Kagome spoke up, and grabbed her daughter from off his lap.
The man with long, flowing hair and strange birthmarks on his face stood to his feet and nodded towards Kagome. “It’s alright; she is a very pleasant child to be around. You are very fortunate.”
“Thank you,” She answered as she starred into his chocolate eyes that seemed strikingly close to a pair she knew she had seen before. Still, she couldn’t put her finger on it. Kagome held her hand out. “Have we met before?”
“I don’t believe so…” He answered and averted his eyes to Rin, who was putting things inside of a baby bag.
Kagome shook her head releasing her mind of the thoughts, “I’m sorry…I’m being rude. I’m Kagome, pleased to meet you. And, you are?”
“Sess-”
“Here you are Kagome; all of Ira’s things are packed and ready.” Rin butted into the conversation before he could finish his sentence. Sorry to rush you out like this, but…we have reservations and we’re already running a bit late.”
Kagome smiled and nodded, “Oh, no problem. We’ll just get going then.” She said and turned on her heels to exit the house with her daughter in her arms.
‘I wonder why I feel as though I’ve seen that man before?’ She thought.
“Mommy…daddy?” Ira spoke up with a smiling face.
Kagome smiled back at her. She had learned the word ‘daddy’ not too long ago. No doubt in her mind Inuyasha taught it her. “I don’t know where your daddy is, sweetheart. But when I find him…he’s going to wish I hadn’t.” She stopped walking when she approached a bus stop bench and took a seat. Without having to think about it, she tried calling Inuyasha once more and to her surprise he actually picked up.
“What do you want, Kagome?” He said in a low, melancholic tone.
“I want to know how you forgot to pick up Ira from Rin house when you got done at the office today?”
There was a bit of a pause, but then he finally spoke up. “I got side tracked…”
“That’s not a good enough answer, Inuyasha! I’ve been calling you nonstop, why weren’t you answering?”
“I just told you…I got side tracked.” He repeated, this time in a much angrier voice.
“Look, we are going to have a serious talk later. But, I really need to go back to work. Can I bring Ira there? Or are you still so busy that you can’t watch your daughter for a couple hours?”
“You’re right, we do need to have a serious talk. But, no…you cannot bring her here.”
“What!?” She bellowed loudly into her cell phone, “What do you mean I can’t bring her there? What am I supposed to do, Inuyasha? I just told you I have to get to work, why are you being so difficult right now? What’s so important that you are so side tracked, you can’t even-”
“If you don’t mind…I’d like to get back to what I was doing.” He said, cutting her off and hanging up.
The line went dead and Kagome starred flabbergasted into the air. “I can’t believe he just hung up on me like that…” She whispered. Something was wrong, and she knew it. She recognized his whole way he was speaking. Short answers, a clear disinterest in the conversation…the last time he spoke to her in that way was when he broke her heart two years ago. But, what could be so bad now that he would blow her off like this? To her knowledge, she hadn’t done anything wrong. Not that she could recall anyway.
Kagome tried calling him again, not even sure why this time. But, to her misfortune, he turned his phone off. “The PCS telephone number you’ve dialed is temporarily out of service…” She hung up and took a deep breath. “Guess I can kiss my shift goodbye for the night.”
Ira could sense her mother’s distress and hugged her tightly. “Mommy…” She said and kissed Kagome’s cheek.
“I’ll be fine, honey. Mommy’s going to be just fine.” She said while shooting a small smile towards Ira.
-X-
Early evening soon fell and turned into night and Inuyasha did nothing but stare blankly at the walls of his dining room since he had gotten home. Even after swallowing down an entire bottle of wine, he still could feel the pain eating away at his heart.
“H-how could she…” He slurred, though still fully coherent of his surroundings. “I-I trusted her…”
“Don’t blame yourself, babe.” Kikyo’s voice came up from behind him and she messaged his shoulders from over the chair she was sitting in. “None of this is your fault. You did everything a good man would have done.”
Inuyasha leaned over on the table and poured himself another tall glass of vodka. “I gave that girl everything…w-when we were together, I never c-cheated. But all this time…I-I should have known.” He said and drank the glass down in a few short seconds.
“Hun, maybe you should lighten up on the alcohol.” Kikyo whispered into his ears while prying the glass from his fingers.
For some reason, Inuyasha could not remember when he began to welcome Kikyo’s company. But, with the way he was feeling at the moment, any company was better than none at all. He reached over his shoulder and laced his own fingers with hers. “Can y-you promise…to never lie to m-me?”
Kikyo kissed his head, “I would never do something like that to you. These rings on our finger symbolize that we’re in this for life.” She answered a little too smoothly, but Inuyasha’s mind was on way more important things to even pick it up.
The doorbell rang, catching the attention of both Inuyasha and Kikyo. “Who could that be?” She asked, leaning up and heading out of the dining room.
Inuyasha grabbed her arm and shook his head, “Y-you stay…I’ll get it.” He said and stood up exposing the black sweatpants and white tank he was wearing before walking to the front door. He swung the door open and was met with a very confused looked Kagome in an oversized red hoodie, and basic jeans. She didn’t say anything though, she just looked at him, and he did the same to her. After a few moments of what seemed like an endless starring contest, Inuyasha leaned up against the door post and averted his eyes to the ground she stood on. “W-what do you want, Kagome?” He slurred like earlier.
She took a deep breath and immediately caught a whiff of the heavy amount of alcohol wafting from Inuyasha. “Are you drunk…?”
“Don’t worry about me!” He snapped.
Kagome winced, but shook off the sudden startle instantly and licked her lips, “I missed my shift.”
“Sorry to h-hear that…”
“Would you like to tell me what is going on with you? Why you just didn’t pick up Ira? Why you refused to watch her for a couple hours so I could go to work?”
Somehow, Inuyasha sobered up as if on contact by the questions he was just asked. “Cut the bull shit, Kagome and stop acting like you don’t already know!” He yelled at her.
“Know what? She raised an eyebrow and shot him a look full of confusions, “What don’t I already know?”
Inuyasha leaned back into his house and pulled a stack of papers from off the side table by the door and handed them to her, “Read it…” He said.
“What is this?” She asked as she began reading and her face faltered.
“You know exactly what it is, Kagome! Where you-” He took a few short breaths, “Were you even going to tell me?”
Kagome flipped through the pages several times and kept reading them over and over again hoping that perhaps it was just her eyes playing tricks on her, “Where did you get this?”
“Does it matter where I got them from!? How long were you going to hide the fact that Ira wasn’t my daughter!? Would you have told me at all? Or were you having a good old time laughing at me from the sidelines as I fought to be in that little girls life!?”
She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. It wasn’t the paperwork that made her brain spin, it was the words coming from Inuyasha’s mouth that made her start to feel sick to her stomach. Did he actually believe that she would make something up like him fathering her daughter? “Inuyasha…” Kagome’s voice was low and serious, “You can’t be serious right now...”
“DOES MY FACE NOT LOOK SERIOUS TO YOU?” He screamed and lunged at her causing Kagome to topple backwards a few feet. “I have…I have fed her, bathed her, spent time with her that I will never get back, Kagome! You let me fall in love with that girl, knowing she wasn’t mine from the very beginning! What were you trying to accomplish? To get me for a few stacks of money!?”
“Stop right there, Inuyasha! Because I will not let you sit here and accuse me of wanting you in Ira’s life for your money. You know as well as I do that I knew nothing of your financial status until just recently, and by then you already knew about Ira! Oh, and another thing, why would I lie about you being her father, Inuyasha? WHY? I mean, let’s think about this for a moment. I was getting by on my own for two years since the day you left me alone, and scared! From the moment I had Ira, she had been the only thing I lived for and all I ever wanted to do was protect her from idiots like you! But then, on some random day in the middle of January, you show back up into my life demanding I let be in her life. I never wanted that…YOU did! I distinctly remember saying that I wouldn’t allow her to even know your name! Then what did you do? Get an army of lawyers against me and threatened to take me to family court! Again, something else I never wanted! But you know what, I caved…I gave in, because I realized that it wasn’t fair for me to keep Ira away from her daddy-”
“Except for one thing, I’m NOT her daddy!”
“Okay, fine! You’re not her dad!” She yelled back wishing she could go back in time and convince herself not to come all the way out to the suburbs of Tokyo.
“So you admit it?”
“Why not? Clearly, it’s what you want to hear come out my mouth!”
“Who was it, Kagome? Who were you cheating on me with?”
“NO ONE! And even if I had, we’ve been broken up for two years! Why would it matter at this point?”
“Because-”Inuyasha grabbed her by both her forearms and squeezed them tightly. Kagome wince, but refused to let him see the pain he was actually causing her, “I have a right to know whose child you pretended to be mine.”
Kagome took a deep breath and looked him straight in the eye, “I never cheated on you…and I never lied to you-”
“DNA doesn’t lie-”
“…and neither do I!” She cut him off. “You can believe whatever the hell you want, Inuyasha. But, do remember the promise you made to me, and Ira…the one where you said that you would never hurt her? This is going to hurt her! Though, obviously you don’t care about that since she’s not yours.”
“Why don’t you just leave while you still have some dignity?” The voice of Kikyo whistled from the front door.
“Why don’t you just mind your business and stay out of this!?” Kagome answered Kikyo snide remark. “I’ll bet you had something to do with this, didn’t you!? I don’t know what I ever did to make you hate me so much, but congratulations…you’ve won!” She pushed herself away from Inuyasha, releasing herself from his hold. “I’m done with you…forever, Inuyasha!”
On that note, she turned her back on the two of them and walked away from their huge, western styled home to finally be able to allow her tears to fall without judgment. The last thing she needed was to let Inuyasha or Kikyo see her in a broken state. The argument still played in her head like a broken record.
Inuyasha watched her walk away and felt his heart tearing a bit more than it already was. But, when Kikyo took hold of his hand and placed her head on his shoulder, he felt a little more at ease. “People like her don’t belong in the world, Inuyasha. Better late than never that you finally found out the truth. Good ridden to both her and that little brat of hers!” Kikyo spat out. Inuyasha shifted a bit, but didn’t say anything in regards to Kikyo’s comment. “Come on honey, let me run you a hot bath and give you a nice rub down.”
He nodded his head, and allowed his wife to lead him back inside their home. But something in his heart was telling him that he had just made one of the biggest mistakes he could have ever done in his life. Whatever, it was too late now.
After Kagome was several blocks away from Inuyasha’s home, she fell to the ground and just cried. She cried more, and she cried more. In fact, it was almost as if she lacked the ability to stop crying. She felt as if she was back in the pagoda two years ago when Inuyasha had just walked out of her life as if she was never a relevant piece of it. Why was this happening all over again? Why did it hurt even more the second time around? Kagome had spent two years guarding her heart and all of a sudden, the person she was trying so desperately to keep out, pried his way up over the wall that surrounded her heart. He knew her every weakness, he knew every spot where to touch her, and he knew the exact words to say in order to draw her in. But, all that did was make this even harder than it was the first time around. She was in love him…and she knew it. She would never admit it because that would prove how weak she really was, though all she ever tried to do was come off strong. And, in reality…that’s all she ever really did, come off as strong.
“I deserve this…I know it!” She forced out as she dug her fist into the cement and drew blood. Kagome didn’t care though. The physical pain in her hand was nothing compared to the pain she was feeling in her heart.
“Kagome…is that you?” A soft, female voice from a few feet away flew into Kagome’s ears.
She lifted her head from the ground, her face was swollen and her eyes were glassy and red. “W-who’s calling me?” Her vision was so blurred from all her tears that the only thing she saw were a pair of bright car headlights that beamed brightly on her skin.
“Get up off the ground,” The voice spoke to her once more and now Kagome could feel tugging on her arm. Someone was lifting her to her feet.
“Leave me alone, whoever you are. I’m not worth your time…” Kagome replied to the mystery lady that was hoisting her up.
“You’re my bestfriend…I’m not leaving you hear like this.”
“Huh?” She looked up into the face of her savior and her vision began to focus, “S-Sango…?”
She smiled, “Hey, are you okay?” Sango asked.
Kagome threw her arms around her long lost friend’s torso and just cried into shirt. “Why…why do I always mess everything up for myself? Things start to go well, and then it all goes downhill. It isn’t fair!” She bellowed.
Sango shushed her and stroked her hair, “Why don’t you let me give you a ride home while you tell me why you’re crying on the cold, hard ground in the middle of the night in late February?”
-X-
AN: And that’s the end for this chapter. Sorry for the long wait I know it has been a while, but I got wrapped up in some other things and I had to do a lot of marinating on what this chapter would have been about. Can you believe I re-wrote the first three pages four times because I didn’t like how I was beginning this. But, I figured why not let it open up to something that gives off the vibe of good things and then watch it slowly go downhill?
So, what do you think? Do you like this chapter or do you hate it because so many bag things are happening to the character that we all love the most? I’ll be willing to admit that things get worse before they get better when it comes to this story. Anyway, please favorite, follow, and review if you don’t do so already.
-Kriss