- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, I only own InuMaru.

 A young 12 year old boy with long sliver hair laid on a pile of straw in a hay loft with a shakle chained around his left ankle. He slowly sat up stretching with opening his eyes to reveal a pair of bright brown orbs with fleckles of gold. He had pointed ears and a blue cresant moon on his forehead. His bangs were parted in the middle and his hair was bound in a low ponytail. He yawned from little sleep he had. "Brat." A female voice screamed. "Yes, milady." The young boy said. "Brat, your awake, good boy." She said come up the ladder. The woman unchained the boy and tossed him a kimono and hamaka. It was light blue with small red bird designs. The boy looked at the woman and blinked.

"Get dressed, half-demon, we are going to be out in town and you are going to be carrying all the things we buy." She said harshly. "Yes my Lady." The boy said. After she left the boy got dressed and a female voice called his name. "InuMaru." He looked out the window and saw with joy his only human friend, Lady Kikyo. "Good morning Lady Kikyo." He said happily. Climbing down the ladder he ran to her." Good morning to you InuMaru." She said with a smile. "I have to help Step-mother, Willow and Lilia go shopping today so I will be back by noon." He said happily before he gave her a hug. "After you get back do you want me to brush your hair?" InuMaru nodded and smiled. "Brat." call his Step-mother. "Bye Miss Kikyo." InuMaru said running towards his step-family.

Kikyo watched the young boy leave with three vile hearted demons he was forced to stay with. "InuMaru, you don't know the great destiny is awaiting you."She thought. She then turned and walked toward the forest with her soul collectors flouting around her. 

 In the village...

InuMaru was a hard time keeping up with his step-family, carrying the boxes that their new clothes and perfumed incense were in. "InuMaru, Hurry up you lazy bag of bones." Lilia said.

InuMaru stopped to watch a snake charmer from a fornien land as his step-sisters entered another incense shop. He softly began to sing to himself.

The sweetest sounds I'll ever hear,

Are still inside my head!

The kindest words I'll ever know,

Are waiting to be said!

 

The most entrancing sight of all,

Is yet for me to see!

And the dearest love in all the world,

Is waiting somewhere for me,

Is waiting somewhere,

Somewhere for me!

The two sisters screamed InuMaru's name as they walked toward yet another shop.

And the dearest love in all the world,

Is waiting somewhere for me,

Is waiting somewhere,

Somewhere for me!

He hurried only to bump into a woman in strange clothing. He landed on his rear and looked up at the woman. She looked like Lady Kikyo greatly. She looked at him with concern in her brown eyes. "I'm sorry, Miss, i wasn't watching where I was going. Forgive me." He said softly. "No it my fault. Here I'll help you." Kagome helped him pick up the boxes and InuMaru thanked her before turning around and standing face to face with his Step-mother. "So boy, you are already causing trouble for this young lady." "No Step-Mother, I didn't mean too, I swear." InuMaru said fearfully. 

"Ma'am, I was the one who bumped into him." Kagome said to the woman. InuMaru handed Kagome the boxes. "Is this true?" She asked the half-demon said know that he would not lie. "No Step-Mother I was the one who bumped into the fair lady." InuMaru said before closing his eyes and a hand came in contact with his cheek. He fell to the ground and held his cheek as Kagome asked why she did that. "He is a child, he must be punished." She said as her two daughters walked up behind her and nodded. The monk, Miroku walked up to one of the sisters (Willow) and asked her to bare his child and of course this got Sango's attention and wacked Miroku on the head. Inuyasha came over and helped the fallen half-demon off the ground only to see his older brother Sesshomaru, the ice hearted demon lord's, face in InuMaru.

"What the heck? He smells like Sesshomaru but he's not him." Inuyasha thought as he stared at the younger half-demon's face. "you are the most strangest half-demon I have ever seen." Inuyasha said to the boy causing InuMaru to blink many times."Why do you say that?" The preteen said cocking his head to the side like a puppy. "Mother can't we have the handsome monk over for dinner..." Willow began. "He looks so tasty." Lilia finished. This caused InuMaru to gag. "Human is not on the menu." Step-Mother said causing her daughters to ahhh in reply. "Your Demons?" Kagome asked raising an eye brow. "Yes, Priestess, we are Vulture Demons." Step-Mother replied. She pulled up her kimono shirt sleeve revieling the black feathers that hung from her arm. "Mother we would eat him we promise." The two sisters said together. "Fine" Step-Mother sighed in defeat. The sisters squealed and InuMaru rolled his eyes. "Here we go again." He thought. 

At the house of the Vulture demons...

InuMaru stood in the kitchen making something good for his step-family and for their guests. He looked at the cook book. "spread out cut gralic and salt on to the cooked fish the put on a spilt over the fire" He read aloud. He looked up to see the jar of salt on the highest shelf. "Well great. How am I going to get up there?" He asked himself. InuMaru got a tall stool and stood on top of it. The jar was just in reach when the stool began to wobble. InuMaru began to fall backward when a pair of soul collecters caught him and a third one lifted the jar of salt into his hands. "Thank You." He said to the glowing floating demon. It nodded then a woman's voice called out. "InuMaru." He looked up at the window to see Kikyo standing there. "Good evening Lady Kikyo." InuMaru said to the dead priestess. She nodded. "Before I join you, Ma'am, I have to serve dinner. "Yes my dear." Kikyo said smiling at the boy. InuMaru finished cooking and served the food to the guests and his Step-family.

"Now boy, be off with you." Step-Mother said waving her hand. InuMaru bowed then ran off out the door. He ran into the barn and grabbed his blue comb and then ran into the woods. He entered a clearing where Kikyo was waiting for him. "Welcome, my boy, come." Kikyo said to him holding her hand out to him. Handing her the comb he sat down in front of her undoing his ponytail and she began to comb out his hair."InuMaru, You look very similar to a Demon named Sesshomaru." Kikyo said."Really?" The boy asked softly blinking.

Meanwhile in Sesshomaru's camp...

The Lord of the Western lands sat on a log with his left hand under his chin. "Namoi, you have been dead for 200 years yet I can smell your scent on the breeze mixed with my own. Could our child that supposly died on that night be alive?" He thought inhaling the scent of waterlilies and fresh mint. "Jaken wait hear I am going for a walk." Sesshomaru said to his servant Jaken. "Yes my lord." the green toad demon said.  "My child, I will finally meet you." Sesshomaru thought as he began to walk off in the direction of the scent. 

Back with InuMaru...

Inuyasha had smelled Kikyo's scent and ran out to the glen where Kikyo was combing out InuMaru's silky white hair. "InuYasha," Kikyo said knowing he would come if he smelled her near by. "Kikyo what are you doing here?" InuYasha asked. "I have been looking after this boy. He is a sweet hearted soul." Kikyo said looking at InuMaru who looked very confused. "My Lady, you know Mr. Inuyasha?" Kikyo nodded. "He was once my lover." This caused InuMaru to nodded then blush after thinking about it. Kikyo laughed causing InuMaru to blush more. Just then Sesshomaru entered the clearing. " You are the priestess known as Kikyo correct." "Yes, I am Lord Sesshomaru." InuMaru looked at the demon lord with widened eyes. "This is the man that Lady Kikyo mentioned. The one that I looked like. Could he be my true father?" InuMaru asked him self looking at him. "Boy who are you?" Sesshomaru said staring at the young pre-teen. "I am InuMaru, Sir." He said bowing. When he came up from his bow Sesshomaru was was right in from of him. "InuMaru..." Sesshomaru whispered. "That was the boy's name Naomi picked." He remembered. Sesshomaru lifted InuMaru's chin with his left hand. "InuMaru, you are my lost son." Sesshomaru whispered his eyes flling with the emotion called love. Sesshomaru knelt down to InuMaru's height and saw that his son's eyes were filling with tears.

"Truly?" 

Sesshomaru nodded. 

InuMaru wrapped his arms around his long lost father. "Father, I have a Father." InuMaru cried into his father's shoulder. Sesshomaru returned the embrace with one of his own. "My son, I finally found you and I will Never leave alone you again."